Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-24-2014, 11:03 PM
The soreness along her shoulders still ached, and yet she continued on. Each step pulled at her wounds, but she had a mission to accomplish. Once Ellasyn got something in her head, it was very hard to shake her from it. Plans were usually set in stone for the young warrior, and she barely ever deviated away from them. For now, the most important thing for her and her brother's survival was information. Learning and understanding this land, their rules, and how she and her brother may find their place in it. She wouldn't deviate too far from the protection of the shrine and their avaliable water source, wouldn't put too much space between her and her brother so her scent trail would remain fresh. They had to be able to find each other at any time. Together, they were one solid entity, they were the chips in the other's armor. But she had to find information, and Ellasyn was much more comfortable with giving a smile or promising aid in exchange for knowledge. Adair, well...if she hadn't seen it personally, even she would think the boy couldn't smile.

Today, she ventured off in the other direction than she had the other day. Instead of to the ocean, she found herself among a grove of trees. The too-sweet scent of the orchard fruit assaulted her nose. Her eyes scrunched up at the scent, shaking her head to try and clear her senses of the scent. In the fall some of the fruit had fallen, and were rotting upon the ground. It was gross, but perhaps there was something edible here. With a sigh, she turned towards the trees, trying to find a low hanging branch to pull some fruit off of. There was no way she would pick through the fallen ones on the ground, not in a million years. Despite her scars, Ellasyn was still a lady.

"Burn Baby Burn"

(Note: Ella's brother (adair) may appear in this thread also, just a warning <3)

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
10-24-2014, 11:27 PM

He watched from a distance; judging, scrutinizing the movements of the little fae. The brute meant no harm, merely seeking to understand what he was dealing with before approaching. His eyes lingered on her steps, watching the stiffness in her joints as if she were plagued by age. Unless his eyes were deceiving him, age played no part in her tender movements. She appeared to be in her prime; to his practiced gaze he guessed her to be new to the stage or a few years in, it was hard to say for sure.

She appeared to be interested in the apples overhead and Valentine, seeing an opportunity, seized it. He padded over slowly, each step rolling and languid, proclaiming the ease with which he navigated the world. Seemingly indifferent to her presence, he didn't spare the fae a single glance. Instead his gaze rested firmly on a heavy tree limb, his eyes studying the distance between himself and the fruit that hung just out of reach. Upon reaching the tree in question, the massive brute lifted up on his back legs and plucked an apple from the bough. It was only once all four paws were safely grounded that his attention turned to the stranger.

He approached slowly, his eyes never leaving her face as he judged her reaction to his presence. Once he was within speaking distance, the brute dropped the apple and placed a giant paw on top of it to keep it from bouncing away. "Here," he murmured before gently flicking the fruit in her direction.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Perhaps her hunger was getting the best of her, perhaps she an invested far too much of her attention into that shiny red apple. When she heard his steps she turned far too swiftly for her aching limbs to handle, her carnation eyes snapping to the capable male. Her body moved without thought, her head swinging low and her shoulders pushing up to protect her neck. Yet she didn't say a word, didn't roll her lips as she stared unblinkingly at the male. He moved uncharacteristically for someone wishing her harm, as if he hadn't even noticed she was there. Yet she knew it wasn't true, so she remained in her stance, her toes digging into the soft ground of the orchard.

Yet, it didn't play out quite like she expected it too. He moved right passed her and reached for one of the delicious apples that she had been so distracted with. She lifted her head just enough to watch him, her ears lifting just a little from her skull. When he dropped the apple and turned to her she took a step back, blinking quickly over wide eyes. "Oh, thank you." She said so softly, carefully lowering her head enough to nudge the apple towards her, shifting it with a paw before she lifted her head again. "I couldn't reach it.." She trailed off with a small laugh, shifting a little to relieve the tension along her sore shoulders. Carnation eyes continued to regard him, shift over his unique markings, over his strong form. He could easily be someone important, someone who knew things about this place. "Do you know of this place, sir?" She asked softly, tilting her head just so and shifting the apple with her paw.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-25-2014, 09:00 PM

Her reaction didn't go unnoticed, although the brute aimed to appear oblivious to her defensive posture. His confidence would be the death of him; size wasn't everything and eventually his assurance in it would bite him in the rump. Until that day he'd walk around Alacritia like he owned it.

It was only once her demeanor shifted from defensive to surprised that he acknowledged her mood. The brute's browspots lifted, his expression becoming amused as he took in her wide eyes. His tone teasing, he rumbled, "You're welcome."

"I couldn't reach it..." He shrugged, a lopsided grin tugging on the corners of his mouth. Height was something he took for granted. To Valentine, his size was normal and reaching things beyond the reach of others was hardly a trick worth noting. "I'm just a bit taller," he offered lazily.

This place? "The orchard?" What was there to know about it? It was a big field with lots of fruit trees that smelled a bit fermented. He shrugged again. "Not really. There's not much to know about it."

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-25-2014, 09:27 PM
With a sigh, she shook her head, her eyes shifting down to the apple as a small smile plays across her lips. She was normally able to keep herself together much better than she had, but he had surprised her! It was not a normal day when Ellasyn could be taken by surprise. Blinking her eyes closed for a second too long she turned back up to him and offered a small smile. "A bit taller?" She said softly, rolling her eyes. Height was something she didn't much care about. She was a good height for her necessary role, it allowed her the agility to move with the speed she required. And yet, an apple was her downfall today. "Capable wolf like you, wasting your time fetching apples for those vertically challenged." She teased, smiling up at the stranger.

A laugh lifted from her without her permission and she quickly swung her head away to hide it. "No, no." She said with a smaller laugh, shaking her head and shifting her head to look up at him again. "This place, this land. I have only recently made my home here, and I have no idea what kind of place this is, the packs, the wolves here. Do you know of it?" She needed information more than she needed to eat, and she would only go for it when she either had the information she needed, or if he proved he had none to provide her. "I am Ellasyn, by the way."

"Burn Baby Burn"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-27-2014, 08:49 PM

Vertically challenged? He chortled, amusement painting his countenance. "Can't say I've heard that before. You really think I've wasted my time?" Valentine's tone was light and equally teasing. "You'd be fruitless without it."

His answer to her question was received with a laugh and the brute's ears flicked in a confused response. What? "Oh," he murmured in dismay as she explained. Pushing through the slight embarrassment, Valentine went on as if nothing had happened. "Uh, well, I do know a bit. My mother leads a pack in the West and I lead one here in the South. For starters, this is Alacritia, my name is Valentine and my pack is called Imperium. My mother's is Arcanum." He shrugged, "Like any place, there are wolves of all temperaments here." If she wanted specific answers then she needed to ask specific questions. He could spew facts until he was blue in the face but that didn't mean she'd get the answers she wanted.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-28-2014, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 10:07 AM by Ellasyn.)
Her laugh was light and bubbly as she shook her head, her paw continuing to roll the apple as she grinned up at him. Oh, she already liked this one. With a thoughtful glance down at her apple she let the smallest of smiles pull at her lips, turning bright eyes back up to him. "A waste of time for one is not for another, I assume?" She said with a slight hum, shifting just slightly to settle on her haunches, taking her paw off her apple but didn't move to eat it. It would be rather rude to eat in the middle of a conversation, wouldn't it.

She listened intently as he spoke, her ears swivelling forward to catch all he offered, calculating carnation eyes never once leaving him. "Imperium." She breathed, lifting her head a bit more to stare at him, a thoughful look pulling the smile from her face. She sat in silence for a moment as the gears spun in her mind, her eyes falling half lidded and shifting away from him as she did. "I've heard that name only recently..." She trailed off, humming. What had Noel said about the pack? It wasn't neutral, geared more towards war. Their paws wouldn't cool there, they wouldn't grow agitated. Shaking her head she turned back up to him, offering a small smile. "Do tell me of this pack you lead, Sir Valentine. You've captured my curiosity."

"Burn Baby Burn"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-29-2014, 05:54 PM

"Imperium," she purred in familiarity, a reaction that sent the brute's ears flicking. So soon! Already the word was spreading that there was a rising power in Alacritia. Amusement quirked up his features as the fae continued to speak. She requested that he tell her more and he, who was eager to do so, complied. "Our main focus is readiness. Each member trains rigorously in combat and first aid. Should the need for such skills arise, all are expected to rise to the defense of Imperium."

Pausing to gather his thoughts, the brute sank to his haunches. There was much he wanted to say, much to explain. Valentine was eager to share, eager to get his ideas out there. He wished to see the knowledge spread like wildfire across Alacritia. Some would perhaps be intimidated by his readiness, but others would see it for what it was: thoughtful, calculated planning. He wished to build an empire that would thrive, that could take what the world threw at it and overcome it. "Make no mistake, our aim isn't to start wars. It's to finish them." He spoke with conviction, the strength of his passion causing him to lean forward with fierce eagerness etched across his face.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-29-2014, 07:04 PM
She listened so intently to him that the world could expload behind her and she wouldn't have noticed. Carnation eyes stared so boldly at him, calculating and darkened as she felt her heart beat strongly in her chest. This Valentine, he certainly knew the magic words. She smirked then, turning her head down towards her apple and rolling it absently. "You set a fire in my veins." She practically purred, lifting her eyes back up to him. This pack, it sounded like heaven. She didn't want neutrality, she didn't want a boring life. She wanted excitement, to battle, to grow stronger and she knew her brother did too. It was the only way she felt safe. They didn't feel safe if they were at a standstill, they only felt safe if they trained, if they moved, if they fought. They had to keep moving and improving, it was in their blood.

"My brother and I, we are a product of war. Raised, trained and lived as warriors, and we are looking for a certain type of pack to sign our loyalty too." Eyes narrowed just slightly, but their determination continued to shine through as she stared up at Valentine. He could quite possibly have the answer to her dilemma, to her mission. Her entire life was her brother, and she wanted nothing more than to make his life the exact thing he wanted. She wanted him to feel strong, to get into the battle field, to be everything he could possibly be. "Imperium..." She breathed again, glancing towards the apple once more, a contemplative smile upon her face. "It sound like heaven.."

"Burn Baby Burn"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-30-2014, 10:02 PM

He watched her roll the apple around, his eyes lingering on the discolored flecks that marred its otherwise vibrant skin. "You set a fire in my veins." Her velvety words brought a smirk to his lips, but he said nothing, instead choosing to muse absently to himself and let her work towards the conclusion he was hoping for.

She explained a bit about herself and a brother that was nowhere to be found. Trained warriors. The words were like honey, so sweet to his soot tipped ears. He could use warriors. Ellasyn lifted her gaze to his and the brute held it, silently egging her towards the answer he desired. "Imperium..." she breathed the name, sending ripples of pleasure rolling down his spine. "It sounds like heaven..." The words he had been waiting for. "Then why don't you come with me?" he queried softly, his lopsided smirk growing wider. Valentine made no promises. Her place in Imperium, if that was truly where she and her brother belonged, would be determined later.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-30-2014, 10:44 PM
She watched as his smirk grew, and she knew she had said the right thing. Perhaps she had found the answer to all their problems, perhaps she had finally found them a home in which they would be safe but not anxious. Imperium, it had a nice ring to it. A pack always ready for war but not always engaged in it. Oh, it was like a heaven she had never through to find. When he offered for her to go with him, and nothing more, she smiled almost knowingly. She understood why he didn't promise them a place in his home, not only for the fact that he had yet to see her brother, but that anyone could say they were warriors. "You need to witness our abilities, do you not, sir Valentine?" She said softly, knowingly as her eyes narrowed just a bit. Gears spun in her mind as she stared at him, removing her paw from the apple to keep it from getting any more bruised than it was.

"I cannot leave with you today, I must return to my brother before nightfall and share with him this news." She said then, glancing away from him to the apple. Hoping this alternative would make up for her inability to follow him to the lands tonight, she smiled and let a silence settle between them for several heart beats. Finally she hummed lightly and looked back up at him, finally deciding an alternative. "Why don't we all meet, in a few days time, and Adair and I can show you first hand our ability to fight, and you may decide if we are appropriate to wear your pack's banner."

"Burn Baby Burn"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-02-2014, 02:54 PM

Her words drew a nod from the glaucous brute. "I do," he confirmed. He was certain there was a place for most wolves in Imperium, but if someone desired more than a common rank they would need to work for it. In particular, fighters were to be chosen with the utmost care. Not just anyone was cut out for defense no matter how set their heart was.

He continued to nod as she shared her thoughts. Her thoughtfulness was something he could appreciate; someone who made rash decisions was probably not someone he wanted to serve under him. "I understand completely," he murmured reassuringly. Valentine couldn't find fault in her decision to speak with her brother.

Things were coming together. Here was an opportunity to add not one, but two wolves to his ranks. Valentine was hopeful that Adair was as promising as his sister. "Imperium is located in the south. If you and your brother decide it sounds like the place for you, come to my borders and howl for me." They could decide the terms of their joining then.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
11-02-2014, 09:12 PM
She seemed to have been in luck this day. If it weren't for her ignoring her brothers worry, setting her terms to venture out and find information she would have never met Valentine, never have found what could easily be an answer to their lives. With a content smile she looked off to the side. Yes, good things came to those who searched. Her brother would have to apologize to her, she decided, cause if it weren't for her curiousity they wouldn't be here. Lifting her eyes back up to Valentine she smiled so lightly. "Yes, we will come to you, Valentine. And do not worry, we will not disappoint." With a dip of her head she smiled to him. "Gooday Sir Valentine." she said lightly before retrieving her apple and moving to step passed him to leave the orchard, a please smile stretching her lips. Oh, just wait untill Adair found out.

-ella exits-