Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-24-2014, 08:33 PM
She had made a plan, even if her brother wouldn't be all for it. They had to find out more about this place if they were to survive. Find out what kind of wolves inhabited this place, what the packs were like, and whether or not they would be welcomed here. They were wolves of war, aged beyond their young lives by things they've seen, things they've done. They couldn't relax, couldn't sit still. As warriors they had to fight, even if their war was over. The life that they had known had crumbled around them, and had left the pair fleeing for their lives with nothing but war scars and pain. Her brother would go restless if they didn't have anything to do, any use. She had to figure out their course of action, the best place for them. So she had left her brother at the shrine and the spring, left so he could find them food while she did what she did best.

With a sigh she pulled in the salty ocean air, eyes falling closed as she let the coastal winds comb her grey fur. Where should she look first? Caution was still a must, and she knew she shouldn't fight in her condition. Maybe she should pretend her injuries were worse than they were, find a packland and seek assistance. But, that could easily lead to her being captured, and her brother would not be pleased. No, she had to stay away from the packlands for now, untill she learned the system more. Shaking her head she sat down where she stood and took in the ocean infront of her, trying to figure out what step to take next.

(Just forewarning, her brother (adair) may show up too <3 )

"Burn Baby Burn"

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
10-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Content was the ermine and silver male who set paw upon the lands of Alactria. The more he saw, the more he felt like he could make a home upon the continent. Even if it meant he might never find an appropriate pack to call home. Besides as a rogue it was easier to make friends and not have to worry too much about the ravages of war, unless the one wolf he'd promised aid to should seek him out. However joining without better knowing the individual and all the other packs and areas of Alactria felt uncomfortable and somehow befitting.

With a soft huff, he trot along, over the Sea's Plain terrain. His thoughts were not on the wolves or other creatures, but on the sky. A portion of life that never truly changed before or after the rain. The stars remained the same even though they moved position somehow. Or perhaps the land he was on was moving instead. But night and day were a constant. And he enjoyed the blue of the day and the midnight blue to near black of the night.

Up ahead on the coast, a figure unknown to him was spotted. He wanted to be friendly to all, but still, there was some slight caution at times that even he was not completely rid of. So from at least three yards away, he called out. "Hello?"

Everyone he knew was different, but no matter their differences, he'd rather make a friend than an enemy. Although if he became friends with everyone that might well he knew make things awkward when two of his friends were enemies. So much different from what he knew back home on another continent that was not Alactria.

OoC; That's fine ;3.

Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-24-2014, 09:17 PM
She heard the boy before he even spoke a word, and yet she remained where she was, staring out at the ocean. It was something she was very good at, knowing what was around at all times. Her ears swivelled towards him just so before falling back naturally, carnation colored eyes closing as she waited for him to approach. But he, too, seemed cautious, and for that she was glad. Her shoulders hurt far too much to engage in a fight, or to flee successfully. Perhaps it wasn't the smartest move for her to go out and find information, but as each moment passed being blind to this world she felt more and more uncomfortable.

Soft pink eyes slowly opened again as she tilted her head towards him, a small smile playing over delicate lips. "Hello." She called over the distance, feeling the wind continue to pet through her fur, almost as if it belonged there. "Sir, isnt the distance a little too impolite for a conversation?" She asked with a smile, shaking her head just so before she looked back to the ocean. The short look she had of the boy confirmed that he was nothing of a threat. Young, but still towered her. All that bulk would be difficult to maneuver in trees, and that was her excape plan. "I am not in any condition to harm you, don't be wary. I am no enemy today."

"Burn Baby Burn"

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
10-25-2014, 08:26 PM
His ears perked upon the sound of the she-wolf greeting him and then saying something about the distance being impolite. And being a Kringle, impolite was not a trait. Certainly not one he adhered to, but caution had come first. His movements were languid as he moved forward and toward the she-wolf. He sat but a tails length to her left.

"I don't think I've ever had an enemy before. I'm not looking for one either. I'm Noel Kringle." There, that wasn't too difficult, he thought. He was neither famous nor infamous and the Kringle lineage was not known within Alactria. The pack he came from, where his birthpack and surrounding sister packs existed were all on friendly terms. Although they liked to spar to keep in shape and their skills sharpened so as to defend themselves as needed. Who could win against a group of packs that stood together over a hundred strong? Unless most of them had followed him since the family hated to be parted even if it was for the best so that there wasn't constant inbreeding going to start.

His tail swayed behind him. Then his tail stopped motion and his brows furrowed. "Are you alright, ma'am?" He couldn't be sure there was anything wrong, but one could never be too sure. His gaze however went out over the water, which was always beautiful no matter where he went. Even the water that was green had its appeal depending on the scenery around it.

Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-26-2014, 06:13 PM
The sharpness of her eyes continue to stare at the ocean, watching the pull of the tide to and fro. It seemed to wash over her, the relaxation, the cool of the coastal breeze pulling the sting from her muscles. She barely reacts as he steps towards her, closing the distance and the last bit of caution from the two strangers. He sat close enough to her for her hair to raise just slightly along her neck, but that could easily be blamed on the wind. When he introduced himself her mind instantly sifted through scenario after scenario of lies and truths, but instead she settled on just one. "Ellasyn Albrecht" She said softly, tilting her head just so to look at him through half lidded eyes. If they were to make their future lives here, they would have to start off on the right steps, and that involved telling the truth.

She turned back towards the ocean again, watching the waves as they lapped against the shore. When he asked if she was fine she smiled and hummed so lightly. "The days I am okay are the days I worry." She said with a light laugh before she let silent sift between them once again, eyes closing against the ocean wind. "So, sir Noel Kringle. Do you know of this place?" She asked softly, turning once more to look at him. "This land? I have no knowledge of this place, where is safe, who is safe..."

"Burn Baby Burn"

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
10-27-2014, 07:21 PM

There seemed for a moment a hesitance to give a name. Mysterious, but soon a name was given. "Ellasyn. That's a lovely name." Longer than his with a third syllable. He didn't notice the way her fur stood, for he'd decided to relax there, but he didn't move any closer than he already was. He had learned from countless family members that they liked to have space. Although his siblings had never had a problem with laying beside him. As he grew somewhat larger and heavier than them however they had gotten a bit disgruntled. They'd pile on him, but he was no longer to have more than his head on them. He did miss that big family of his.

He blinked at the words she spoke. "You're not alright? What's wrong?" His brows furrowed, concerned. "Anything I can do to help?"

A small shake of his head was given to her question. "I don't know too much. I know a little bit. I know its a very bad thing to trespass on any of the lands lest one be force claimed into a pack. As far as I'm aware, Imperium is not neutral, sounds like a place that likes war. I'm not very aware of other packs. I haven't been in Alactria too long myself." And he most certainly hadn't. But if she meant this particular part of Alactria, his knowledge was quite limited. "That is the to the the Southern part of North Alactria. If you mean nearby, I'm afraid I know very little, if anything at all. I'm sorry I could not be more informative."

"Burn Baby Burn"

Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-28-2014, 09:02 AM
A soft laugh bubbled from her throat at the compliment, a small smile pulling on her lips. "My my, what a gentleman." She said in a slightly teasing tone, tearing her eyes away from the ocean then to look at him fully. Oh, Ellasyn knew how to be a good girl. Shifting slightly so she faced the boy a little more, but not headon, she smiled a little brighter. He sure was tall, wasn't he. Where she had come from, her and her brother were average, now it seemed like they were continuously going to be towered over. With a slight tip of her head she hummed lightly at his concern, shaking her head and shifting her stiff shoulders just slightly. "AS a product of war you learn to accept the pain, Noel, it tells me I'm alive. Don't worry about me, it'll heal soon." She said with a gentle smile. Her brother kept a watchful eye over her, she knew they would both heal just fine with the watchful eyes they kept on each other's wounds.

She listened intently to the knowledge he had, storing it securely for later use. Imperium, hmm? A pack of war, oh she and her brother would probably settle down nicely there. In no way could they settle in a peaceful pack, they would get too agitated. No, her brother needed to sink his teeth into something or other every so often, and she needed to feel the adrenaline of the fight. With a gentle sigh she tilted her head towards the sea once more, contemplating. "This place is rather large, is it not.." It wasn't a question, instead she trailed off, taking a deep breath of sea air. Her world had grown large so suddenly, and at times it made her head spin. Turning back towards him, she smiled lightly. "Where you came from, Noel, was it as large as this place? Did you have the choice of where you wished to live? Where you wanted to make your home, who's banner you wished to devote your loyalty too?" She asked softly, staring up at him. "We've never had a choice like this, it's almost terrifying."

"Burn Baby Burn"

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
10-28-2014, 05:39 PM

He felt for a brief moment, a tiny bit abashed when regarded as a gentleman. But he was not one to tell an untruth. Of course he was one who was able to see the beauty in all things. This was not something the ermine and silver coated wolf was aware of, but his compliments had never been false. His mother would have been disappointed had he turned out any other way.

What had him blinking as he turned his head a bit to better look at her, were the words she spoke of. "I'm sorry. I didn't know. If you need anything to help with the wounds, I could try to find some herbs." War had not been something he'd ever seen. There were little scuffles and challenges within his birth pack and its surrounding sister packs. Yet everyone forgave, save for the tiniest few that had left before he'd been fresh out of the den. As for healing, he only had a smidgen of knowledge, though he wouldn't have minded learning more in way of the healing arts. Yet that was not where his true interests lie completely. Even he wasn't sure exactly what he wanted.

"It is large," he quite agreed. Much larger than the place he and his family had referred to as Acelle. Perhaps it was half the size, or as small as a fourth of what North Alactria was. But he had not traveled all of there. He'd come from there across waters on a floating log. He'd lost count of the days, but he had barely slept for fear of falling off. And he'd lived on what fish he could get. But the water he hadn't been able to drink, though whatever the fish was made up of might have helped him to stave off dieing of dehydration long enough for him to get there and find a drink. There had been a lot of water lapping after that.

"It was large, but not this large. I never explored all of it, of my homelands, Acelle." The question posed to him, he wasn't sure. "I don't recall. I told my family I wished to leave and they let me go without quarrel. But the pack my parents led was surrounding by other packs. Each of which they were somehow related to or would soon be related to. I suppose we were lucky not to endure war. I know my father had to fight a war against his cousin and his father against his own brother. But I wasn't born until it was almost over. By the time I left the den in which I was born, peace had settled over the lands." But peace he did not think would last forever. Yet the pack and sister packs united meant a strong force against whoever wished to attack them unless they had as many allied packs.

There was only one thing terrifying to him. Being on his own, but so far, he'd been fine. "I was never on my own before I left home. That in itself is terrifying. Or was. There were a hundred or more of us together in the area in various packs, but we were all allies. Family. Friends." He feared what might happen someday even if he were not there to witness it, that someone in the family would again turn on another.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Ellasyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
10-30-2014, 10:34 PM
She smiled just slightly as he continued to offer her his assistance for her wounds. There certainly was a determination in this boy, wasn't there? She tilted her head over her shoulder slightly just to see if she could see them, but her wind-swept looking fur patterns hid them pretty well. She was sure that they had gone through their healing cycle at this time. During their travels she had managed to open them every time they managed to heal, but now she had relaxed enough to let her body do it's thing. There was no need for herbs. Instead she just smiled to the boy over her shoulder. "Thank you anyways."

When he delved into his story she looked back out at the ocean, watching the waves once more and allowing it's lullaby to lull her back into a relaxed state. She liked it here, and she hoped whatever home she managed to find would be close enough to the sea. She hoped. Her ears perked as she listened to the boy, humming in places to let him know she was listening quite intently. So he had lived in peace his life. It made sense why he was so adament about healing her wounds, he didn't know what it was like to get a new one each day. It was only when the blood wouldn't cease that she worried, or when the wound was more severe. But this, this was nothing but a scratch to her. "Peace.." She breathed, almost as if talking about something voodoo. There was no peace in her life, and she doubt she'd ever gain it. "Peace is nothing but a fool's dream, Noel." She said gently, sighing as she stared at the ocean.

"My brother and I were born to a pack that was viciously at the throat of another. It lasted our entire lives and had began long before we were even thought of. We were raised as warriors, we had no choice. Our home was our home, it's banner we flew, we had no choice, no ability to move through lands and pick and choose what army we wished to belong too." She whispered, eyes glazing over at the memory, ears slipping back. "Having that choice, and knowing you could pick the wrong one...that is terrifying, Noel. Absolutely terrifying." It was a truth she hadn't even shared with her brother, but she was sure he knew how she felt already. It was why she had gotten so determined in her mission to fill in the blank spots on her map, to fill in her knowledge. She was terrified that the path she chose for them would be the wrong one that would end in more than just a few more battle scars. She was terrified.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Noel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Luna
10-31-2014, 09:09 PM

To her thanks, the ermine and silver male dipped his head. Little else did he say at that point as he listened to what she had to say in response to his tale. He was not so naive to believe that peace was forever. It had been instilled in him from the teachers of his pack-lands as well as his own parents, particularly his sire, grand-sire and so much more so his greatgrand-sire. "It may be a fool's dream to have eternal peace in this life, but there are still periods of peace, few and far between though they may be." He did not doubt that without the sheer number of wolves that his birth-pack and its surrounding allied sister packs, peace would have been far less obtainable. "Which is the reason we were still trained for battle as a precaution. My training might not have been complete, but I think I would not have made it so far away from home had I not had any." But he had left before his training was entirely complete. He did not enjoy fighting or the thought of blood shed, but he knew enough to help defend himself and others if need be.

He glanced back over the sea, thinking about his family. There were those who would gladly take up the mantle of warrior. And if he had something worth defending, so too would he. But it would need to be his choice and not something thrust upon him. Still, he did not intend to return to the safety of his over large family at the idea something could be forced upon him.

"I do not know what terrors you feel. But if you would rather not choose, because of the terror, why did you leave what you knew? Why join anywhere? Surely you have the power to alter your destiny, the knowledge to lead your own army instead of being just one more pawn in it?" He stood up and gazing out across the sea, he continued, "The ebb and flow of the sea is constant. It will be here long after you or I are gone. It doesn't have a choice, but you do. And you're strong because you're willing to choose. But do you want to be someone else's pawn and not rule your own army without hindrance, or fear that you might choose wrong the ones you choose to follow?"

There would always be those he'd been told before he'd left the sanctuary of his birth-pack that other packs would go to war over one thing or another. It was impossible to stop and even when one did, another might just rise up in its place. Those wishing to be neutral would have a difficult time. Would still need an army if only to protect themselves from invaders.

"In order to obtain peace, there are always sacrifices. A lot of time, war before that short age of peace. I have no first paw experience of this, but I know tales of horror. I only hope that you find what it is you are truly searching for. And should you ever need someone to talk to, my ears are always available to listen." The fear of a family member turning traitor and starting a war from within. Stories of long ago about their ancestors and their feuds. Not to mention the fear of the insanity of that side of the family encroaching upon his own mind one day, even though it affected so very few and always on his great-uncles' side of the gene-pool.

"Burn Baby Burn"