ardent

bend the grass

Aeryc

gems
size
build
player
02-25-2014, 06:56 PM

This was a strange place. The terrain was far different than it had been back home, but it wasn't necessarily better or worse - just different. A calm sort of smile lingered on his lips as his bodice slithered through the tall grasses - some strands of which were taller than his rolling shoulders, others taller still than his crown. He let out a woof to alert anyone nearby of his presence. He had been alone for so long, it would be nice to have some company. However, what he really wanted was something he wasn't certain he could get - a spar. An ear twitched back as some rustling caught his attention, but he deemed it nothing of importance and continued on until the grass' length was below his shoulders, below the dip of his powerful chest. Large, flat paws carried him stealthily along the grassy plain. His great head would tilt up and back, jaws fell open to let loose a powerful summoning howl. Surely there was someone nearby willing to clash with him - even just for sport. Aeryc blinked once, twice, ears craning in every direction for a response, or signs of an approach of another.

"Talk" "You" Think

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-25-2014, 07:05 PM

Misha crawled through the tall grass, narrowing her eyes. She had been having fun chasing around grasshoppers; set her up a little challenge for herself. She stopped in her tracks, freezing up. Her ears perked forward as she processed the sound of a howl. It had been a male. She blinked once and instinctivly lowered herself to the ground, hiding. She crept along the tall grass until the silhouetted image of a male moved before her eyes. She stayed in the tall grass and watched him, her blue gray eyes glinting curiously.

Aeryc

gems
size
build
player
02-25-2014, 07:22 PM

He might not see the woman who had approached, but there was no denying her presence by the amount of estrogen that flooded his nostrils. With haste his head would swivel in each direction as far as it could go, ears following suit in efforts to pinpoint her location. However, it seemed she had stopped moving, and without movement it was unlikely he'd find her without venturing out himself. He remained where he was, standing still and relaxing his frame ever so slightly. "I know you're there. Listen, I'm not looking for trouble, I just want a friendly spar - if you're up for it." There was a sincerity to his tone that was undeniable, and though his face was scarred he tried his best to appear non-threatening. All the while he knew this could be a trap, a set-up of sorts, but he would refuse to believe such a thing until it was proven to him.

"Talk" "You" Think

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-25-2014, 07:33 PM

Misha looked at the male and kept her body still, taking in a breath ever so lightly. Her left ear twitched a bit when the male's word reached her ears. He didn't sound convincing. Her eyes fell upon his scars, drifting over them. And he definitely didn't look it, either; Misha thought to herself. Spar.. Play fighting. Last time she got into one of those, she trusted a male enough and it ended up being a trap, for if she had not ran away; he would have ended up killing her. Misha's eyes fell upon the scar on his muzzle, thinking to herself. 'I may not have physical scars, but I have emotional scars that run deep inside of me.'

Aeryc

gems
size
build
player
02-25-2014, 07:53 PM

An ear tipped back, then another. This wasn't promising, and as the seconds ticked by his mind kept telling him that he was a sitting duck - just waiting for a sadistic female to reach out of the bushes and snatch his soul. Aeryc gave a sigh, rocking to his haunches - giving her one last chance to show herself, or make any kind of response. "We don't even have to spar, just... stop hiding." It almost pained him to think that he could be frightening her. It wasn't as if he would ever do that on purpose to a woman. Maybe he'd struck a nerve in her, or maybe she was just playing games - he would never know unless she showed herself. Nostrils flared in vain attempt to detect her, but the grass did wonders to shield her scent trail from him. "I'm Aeryc, if it helps to know." Voice was calm, considerate. He was doing all he could, now the ball was in her court.

"Talk" "You" Think

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-25-2014, 08:04 PM

Misha shifted slightly on her haunches, sitting up. 'Aeryc,' she thought to herself. She swallowed and let her mouth drop open. "And I'm Misha," the female said in a quiet tone, trying not to sound revealing. The male seemed almost angered with frustration as he sat around, waiting for Misha to come out of her hiding. She glanced at his scars and blinked, slowly making her way out into the open. She sat a few feet away from him in case he decided to lunge or attack her, she could run into the grass for a covered escape attempt. Misha shifted on her haunches anxiously, her gaze turning into the color of gray as they always did when she felt uncomfortable.

Aeryc

gems
size
build
player
02-25-2014, 08:10 PM

As if by some miracle, the woman would reveal herself - first with her voice, then with her figure. "Hello Misha," he crooned, his voice gentle and supple. "I'm sorry if I frightened you, I truly mean you no harm." He had a feeling he would never make her fully understand that, but at least he could try. He watched her fidget anxiously, her figure shifting her weight back and forth. She seemed ready to spring away at any moment, and he had a feeling if he did so much as cough he would certainly terrify the girl. Why was she so fearful? Aeryc would probably never know. "I was looking for a friendly spar, but I understand if you're not interested." He certainly wouldn't force her into anything, even something as innocent as a spar. He'd always been a fan of fighting, but there were wolves out there who did not think the same way as he, and that was acceptable. He'd hate for someone to force him into doing something he didn't want to do.

"Talk" "You" Think

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-25-2014, 08:29 PM

Misha looked up at the male, her gaze still refraining a gray color. She looked at his honey gaze, smiling softly. "What's a spar?" Misha asked in a soft whisper. Of course she knew what a spar was; she just wanted to hear the own male's definition of it. Her eyes drifted over his body. She felt sorry for hiding from him earlier- for wolves probably hid at the sight of him all of the time because of his appearance. She relaxed her stance, showing him that she was trusting him.

Aeryc

gems
size
build
player
02-27-2014, 06:27 PM

She seemed to be relaxing, which only served to relax him further. His tail thumped a happy rhythm upon the earth, gentle and consistent. Innocently she would inquire what a spar was, and he would tilt his head. How did anyone not know what a spar was? Still, he would answer without a hint of frustration in his tone. "A spar is just a practice fight, warriors use it to train for the real thing. There are usually set rules like no severe injuries." His head returned to its normal angle, watching her bodice relax to a more natural stance. His head inclined gently downward, gazing at her sincerely. He wondered if she might've changed her mind about the idea of sparring. It seemed she had changed her opinion of him rather quickly, so anything could happen he supposed. He would offer up a suggestion then, "I can teach you how to spar, I'm a trained warrior." Perhaps the only thing he liked more than sparring and training was educating others in the ways of warfare.

"Talk" "You" Think