ardent

the future is bright

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
02-19-2014, 09:27 AM

It was time. The decision had been made, one had been told, and it was time to present the information to the rest of them. Their decisions would be taken into account, though he wasn't certain how well he would take to their own personal choices. It felt almost a sin to discuss such a thing within pack grounds, but he could not afford to drag them any further out. Besides, he had thoroughly checked the area and there were no other wolves lingering about. His family could speak in peace. Muzzle tipped upward, letting out a commanding howl for his children and wife. He needed to beckon them to him so that this matter could be thoroughly discussed, and that all could come to an agreement. Paws artfully carried him atop sturdy, gnarled roots of the surrounding trees. Precariously he was perched atop these roots which extended well over the brook a few inches below. There he stood, suspended above water, awaiting their - hopefully timely - arrival.

Speech,

ooc; epiphron and children only please, it has been icly established that no other wolves are around - so I had better not see any godmodding of non-family members knowing about this discussion :3

Caeto

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

With age came independence and that independence was quickly turning into isolation and alienation. The young Maverick look alike was beginning to spend less and less time around his family and more time at the borders of the territory, if not wandering out past its borders. The girl Zaria had dug her claws deep into the young man and the need to wander and find his own place in the world was beginning to rear its head. He no longer craved the time with his family as he did when he was much smaller. Now all he wanted to do was be away, be on his own, exploring, learning, discovering...and being with Zaria of course. It had been quite some time since he had last seen the dark girl and Caeto was beginning to get restless. He wanted to see her again but with the change in leadership to his grandmother Loccian, the adults had begun to get a little more strict with the younger pups, like himself and his siblings and there were more prying eyes out about now, which made it wandering off just a little bit more difficult. It was more difficult, but not impossible for the young Mathias.

That day he would find himself at the borders once again, as he had begun to do since having met Zaria, waiting and hoping that she would want to come back and take him away from the pack. He already felt an attachment to her, though what kind of attachment he wasn't quite sure. He just knew that he wanted to see her more often and be around her a whole lot more, but the real question was; did she feel the same way? Would he even get the chance to find out? A summoning howl broke his thoughts, ivory and russet ears flickering in the direction of the call, realizing that his father was summoning the family. A confused look would wrinkle his brows as he raised himself to his paws, shaking his coat out briefly before starting off in the direction of his father's voice. Something was going on obviously, or else he wouldn't be calling the entire family. With quiet curiosity Caeto would make his weave his way through the shrubbery and foliage, azures spotting his father's familiar russet figure perched atop some roots, looking every bit of the King that he truly was, despite no longer being in charge of their pack. The boy would say nothing to his father as he approached, coming to plop down right in front of the large russet man, spotted haunches folding beneath him as he sat. Attentive gaze would be trained on his father, waiting to see who else would show up and what this little gathering was going to be about.

Talk like this

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-19-2014, 01:36 PM

Arian already knew what was going on, she had wanted to do the same herself but she wouldn't be following or bringing her family with her. She was only the second child to arrive, Caeto was there too. As she smiled, happily bounding over to him the girl instinctively brushed up against her brother in a happy manner. Though in high spirits her father was on a more serious tone, so she had to shake a sigh out and sit down near him, already knowing what was going on. And she didn't want to leave just now until she had a chance to say her proper goodbye's to everyone. Then start on her own adventure. Maybe make her family proud.
"Daddy after I say goodbye, I'm gonna go." Arian said, though she kept a kind soft smile to the man. Though Caeto might not have known what she meant, she had already spoken to her dad and mom about it. After all, she still needed to ask destruction if she could leave. There was no reason to hold her hostage after all. Her black tipped tail flicked back and forth.

TALK LIKE THIS
[Image: zL7Ypap.png]

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
02-23-2014, 06:07 PM
OOC; you are still welcome to join, and I sincerely request that you do - just have them walking in while he's talking or something :3 I'm only responding so quickly because the week is coming and I'll probs be busy.

Caeto would arrive first, and Maverick's eye would cast fondly upon his son. His mini-me said nothing, and so Maverick would speak first. My son, he chided with affection, accompanied by a dip of his head in greeting. You look more and more handsome each day. He didn't often get the chance to dote upon his children, and so this day would be full of it. Arian came then, and he was pleased to see she had not yet struck off on her own path. A formal goodbye was always better than slipping off into the abyss. She would comment on saying goodbye and leaving, to which he would dip his head and respond. Of course, darling. He gave her a quick smile before beginning his speech, knowing the others could not be far off. My family, I come before you today with words of change. I understand these words may frighten you, and may make you feel uncertain - but it is necessary to share them with you. He cast his vision around for Epiphron, but did not spot her right away. Your mother and I have decided to leave Seracia and seek out a path of our own. We have interest in a fledgeling pack called Ebony, whose values are much like Seracia's. We understand that many of you may be attached to Seracia, and so we will not drag you away if you truly wish to stay. You all are old enough to make your own way in life, and so the option to stay or go will be entirely yours. He sighed, realizing that today would be the last day he saw some of his children - at least for a good while. I ask that you think on this for a moment, and let us know of your decision. We will not frown upon your decision, no matter which choice you make. He would fall silent then, allowing them to ponder on what he had said - and probably come up with a million questions.

Speech,

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
02-23-2014, 09:25 PM

They had spoken, and they had decided together that Seracia was no longer their home. Once, it had been everything they wanted and more, but time always seemed to have a way of altering things. She was unsure how most of her children would act, and knew that Arian wanted to follow her own path, but other than that -- she was oblivious. It was no surprise to her when Maverick let out a call for their family to come together and speak, and she would quickly answer it with her presence. Quietly she would come to rest beside him, letting him speak first, wondering what the children might say.

Caeto arrived first, and Arian would follow. She would lean to nuzzle the boy's neck gently, marveling silently at how large he had grown. He seemed serious, far too serious for a boy his age, but he had always been this way. Maverick would begin to speak, and she let him, wondering what her children might want; wondering if they had even thought about the possibility of them being away from their parents.

Caeto

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-23-2014, 10:14 PM

His mother would arrive several moments after the young boy had arrived, taking her spot beside his father. Paw steps beside him would catch the boy's attention, skull craning around to glance back towards the familiar figure of his older sister Arian. She would come to brush up against him and Caeto would gently bump her shoulder with his muzzle, returning the affection quietly as he allowed his attention to return his parents. A curt nod would be given to his look-alike father at his compliment, his features still remaining as serious as ever. Maybe one day I'll be as handsome as you pops. He would allow his facade of seriousness to crack for a moment as his affectionate name for his father slipped past his russet lips, plume wagging ever so gently behind him before his facade was reinstated. His mother would lean towards him, nuzzling him gently and he would lean forward to kiss her muzzle, his tail wagging again in response to her affection. But the affections would be put aside as his father began to speak.

MY FAMILY, I COME BEFORE YOU TODAY WITH WORDS OF CHANGE. I UNDERSTAND THESE WORDS MAY FRIGHTEN YOU, AND MAY MAKE YOU FEEL UNCERTAIN - BUT IT IS NECESSARY TO SHARE THEM WITH YOU. YOUR MOTHER AND I HAVE DECIDED TO LEAVE SERACIA AND SEEK OUT A PATH OF OUR OWN. WE HAVE INTEREST IN A FLEDGELING PACK CALLED EBONY, WHOSE VALUES ARE MUCH LIKE SERACIA'S. WE UNDERSTAND THAT MANY OF YOU MAY BE ATTACHED TO SERACIA, AND SO WE WILL NOT DRAG YOU AWAY IF YOU TRULY WISH TO STAY. YOU ALL ARE OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR OWN WAY IN LIFE, AND SO THE OPTION TO STAY OR GO WILL BE ENTIRELY YOURS. I ASK THAT YOU THINK ON THIS FOR A MOMENT, AND LET US KNOW OF YOUR DECISION. WE WILL NOT FROWN UPON YOUR DECISION, NO MATTER WHICH CHOICE YOU MAKE. Caeto would absorb his father's words, letting them sink in as he slowly processed them, unreadable azure gaze dancing back and forth between his parents, trying to make sense of what they were offering. Freedom. The freedom that he had been desiring since the moment that Zaira had appeared to him at the border. And now he could have it. Without protest. There had to be a catch, didn't there?

Is there a condition if we choose to take our own path? The young man would be straight forward with his question, wanting a straight forward answer in return. How long had his parents been deliberating to leave Seracia? It was a shock, but perhaps it was the perfect chance that the young man needed. He would wait patiently, wondering what exactly his parents would come up with. If there was a condition...then perhaps it would be wise to stay within the confines of Seracia until he was a year old, but if there wasn't, there was absolutely nothing stopping Caeto from leaving. He would seek Zaira out the moment he was gone and see where he would go from there.

Talk like this

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-24-2014, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014, 04:34 PM by Arian.)

Arian looked at her brother wondering since when had he become so worried about such things. Or rather, how fast he had grown, though her crystal blue eyes would change to soften to handsome boy who was her brother. While it wasn't her place to say, she figured she could say something. She already knew what was going on, because she had been wanting to leave on her own, it only turned out her parents had grown wary of their home as well. "There isn't a catch Caeto. I'm going to Olympus, ex amenti, free of any catches or restrictment. You're old enough to etch out your own path. And it sounds like you have an idea of what you want." Her smiled spread as she cutely shut her eyes for a few moment. Looking over to Maverick and Epiphron.
"Beside's do you think mom and dad are the kind of wolves to really do that? Even if they did, I support whatever you want." She showed off canines in her grin. Nibbling at the boys neck, weather he would reject it or not was up to him. But she stopped her tail wagging. Excitement was just rushing her, and she certainly hoped she hadn't said anything that was out of bounds.

TALK LIKE THIS
[Image: zL7Ypap.png]

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Celeste

gems
size
build
player
03-01-2014, 02:51 PM

A bit late to the call, Celeste had been messing around in a pond, watching fish then attempted to catch one. Of course, seeing as she wasn't a fisher, the girl would fail quite miserably. Quickly she would move out of the water and give a quick shake before heading off in the direction her father's call came from, wondering what he needed. In a matter of minutes, at a brisk jog, she would spot her family in the distance but not everyone. What was going on? Quickly she moved, and as she grew closer she would catch her father's voice, saying him and mother were leaving Seracia. The girl would come to a complete stop a few feet away from them, outside the little group they had made, very surprised at the news.

Ears would fold back as annoyance bubbled beneath the surface, such cowards, leaving their pack for another when their values were quite the same. All she could think about it was that they couldn't handle somebody else ruling what was once theirs, somebody taking action and doing things that were necessary in order to keep the Kingdom safe and active. ?Weak.? She would say, tone void of any emotion. Even at a young age she would have understood if they left for a reason, but what he gave was just a silly excuse. They couldn't handle it. With that the girl would lift her head high and turn her back on her family, giving a flick of her tail before walking away.

-exit celeste-

Speech,
Thought,
Others

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
03-03-2014, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014, 03:19 PM by Epiphron.)

Epiphron did not know how her other children would react, except Arian, who she had already spoken to. Her blue gaze was fixed on Caeto, vaguely curious about his rather serious expression. He had always been a serious boy, far more serious than her other children, and she couldn't help but wonder what he might be thinking.

Caeto's expression seemed to falter slightly, but she could not see how. He did not seem angry, nor excited; instead, he offered a gentle and hesitant question. "None, my beautiful son," she told him gently, slipping forward to nuzzle him tenderly again, as though he was a fragile newborn again. "We simply want you all to be happy. Whether that is here, or with us, is up to you." Arian voiced her agreement, and she heard the excitement in her daughter's voice.

Celeste had arrived, and was listening quietly. Epiphron was far from oblivious to the annoyed expression that crossed her young daughter's features, seeing the hurt that arrived in her eyes -- so uncalled for. Weak, Celeste said -- no, called them. "No," she corrected her daughter gently, aiming to voice her thoughts before the child slipped away. "It is not weak to follow one's heart, my sweet Celeste. If I was too scared to follow my desires, then you could call me weak." A gentle sigh escaped her lips, as her daughter left. If only she knew -- Celeste had no idea why she and Maverick were leaving, and it seemed she might never understand. She was reminded suddenly, so painfully, of Neo, who had grown so cold and bitter out of nowhere. She could only hope her daughter would not entirely turn on her, for nothing but wanting to explore the world; if only she knew. As her daughter disappeared from view, a soft sob would escape her lips, a sound she hadn't meant to let escape, and she turned to bury her face in Maverick's neck. A rare moment of weakness, but one that she did not bother to hide, not around her closest family.

Finiarel

gems
size
build
player
03-11-2014, 06:21 PM

He heard it all. The boy had been standing in the shadows of the trees when his father had spoken. They were leaving? Why? The place they wanted to go was the same as Seracia...wasn't it? He felt conflicted. His parents were going one way, his siblings another...though the only ones he was close to was Celeste and Caeto, he had never really talked to Arian. A small whimper passes through his lips as he pondered on what to do. He felt so torn. On one paw, he wanted to be with his parents...on the other, he wanted to be with his brother and sister. He had spent so much time with his siblings, there was a bond there that could not be severed. But which choice was the right one? With a sigh, he slipped towards the group just as Celeste began to walk away, and he approaching to see his mother burying her face into his fathers fur. His lip trembled, he didn't want to see his mother cry...would he end up making her cry too?

"M...Mom? Dad? I...I love you both very much...but, I want to stay with Celeste and Caeto...I'll come and visit, I promise! I'd never forget you, you're the best parents ever so how can I?" Moving to his mother, he reached up to nuzzle her neck, giving her a warm and comforting lick as his tail wagged slightly. "Don't cry Momma, no matter where we are or where we go, we'll always be family! And I'll always love you too. So don't cry, okay?"

?speak,?