gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
10-22-2014, 03:23 PM

change came in the disguise of revelation ,

Once again, peach toed paws seemed determined to carry Oberon north. He had no place to go, no place to stay; his mother was in transit as much as he was and Oberon knew that his sisters were missing in action. It was unlikely that he would see them again, and as cold as it was, Oberon understood that that was simply the way of nature. Young birds left the nest and did not come back and his sisters had done the same. That was how it worked. If he found them again, he would not let the time apart hurt their relationship, but searching for them would do nothing but take him away from his only remaining family.

This strange structure didn't have much going for it except that Oberon found human structures interesting. The only remainders of creatures that had in distant memory once ruled the world. It was interesting to see how permanent their structures were even though they themselves had not been. It was an interesting contrast with lupine lives; their civilization as a whole was more permanent but they had no structures to mark these lands. When the wolves vanished, they would leave no trace. They did not erect structures that stretched towards the skies, and when the last of the wolves died there would be nothing to remember an entire species by.

Exhaling softly, the black and peach wolf found himself padding towards the entrance, stepping into the cold and silent interior of the strange building. His claws ticked lightly against the cold ground but other than the sounds of Oberon's movements, everything seemed to be silent. Would he meet any others here?

""

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
10-22-2014, 03:43 PM

Sage stood in the rusting structure, the silence in the still air peaceful, but a little unnerving. The man had gone North, travelling to his birth place. On the sandy shores he found his brother, Emery. It made him ponder about the rest of his family, if they were alive and well. If he were perhaps and uncle or if he possibly had new siblings. Chances were, he's never find out, but at least he'd got to see his brother again.

Sage stood, walking over to a small circular hole in the wall. Through it, he could see outside onto the snowy desert. The sharp breeze sifted through his dark fur and stung his eyes. He took a deep breath. He should probably be going soon. He didn't want to spend the night in this human structure. Quietly, the man made his way to the exit, stopping as he saw a wolf enter. The purple eyes of the lupine struck him. Almost automatically, Sage looked the wolf over, searching for signs of injury or illness, reflex he supposed. The healer approached the man. "Good Afternoon, sir." He said, with a smile and a tilt of the head.

"Speech,"

Oberon I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
10-23-2014, 11:33 PM

rhythm is a dancer; it's a soul's companion .

A stranger's voice reached Oberon's ears and he swung his head upwards, thoughtful amethyst gaze focusing on the other. For a moment, Oberon was silent, ears twitching idly for a second. "Hello." He intoned coolly, voice soft as he eyed the other. He would have been content to leave it at that, but as quiet as Oberon was, he didn't typically aim to be rude. It often came across that way anyways, but that wasn't really ever his intention. The male was not particularly inclined to hurt others; he was a truly neutral character. He would do what he had to protect the family, but harming others for no reason? Even just being rude - it wasn't really his thing.

The complicated thought process that nudged Oberon towards his next words took a few seconds, but then the peach colored male twitched his ears once more. "Ever seen anything like this?" Gesturing vaguely at the strange structure around them, Oberon let his gaze wander once more. He was slightly on edge in this strange place, but outwardly, his body language was decidedly neutral. Only the slightest flick of his ears at every little noise gave any sort of hint to Oberon's slight uneasiness.

He had no intention of leaving however. This place was interesting, to say the least. It would entertain him for at least a while, and Oberon wasn't in a rush to clear out. If this stranger chose to stick around, well, it was his choice. But Oberon wouldn't be upset either way.

""

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
10-25-2014, 12:29 PM

Hello. Sage smiled before moving closer. The remaining timber beneath him freaked as he stepped over it, sending chills up his spine. The looming structure wasn't completely stable, one wrong step could send you tumbling. That was just another reason he wouldn't enjoy spending the night.
"Ever seen anything like this?" The man said. Sage gave a weak smile and nimbly sidestepped the weak spot in the timber.
"Actually, a little further north from here, outside Alacritis, I saw structure just like this in the water, although it was in tatters. A mere storm away from toppling completely. I love to explore places like these, but nor for too long." he chuckled. The darker it got, the more uneasy he felt in human structures, although he had yet to be trapped in one.
"I think they're quite intimidating. I can't imagine what humans must have been like to have made things like these."

"Speech,"

Oberon I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
10-27-2014, 05:50 PM

stuck like those prehistoric mammals in the ice ,

Curiously, Oberon watched the other's deft navigation of the unsteady ground. He twitched his ears as the other spoke, moving slightly on his paws to ensure that the ground would not creak so threateningly beneath his footsteps as well. Luckily, it seemed that where Oberon was standing was slightly more stable than where the black male had chosen to rest his paws. As he determined this, Oberon turned his gaze towards the other male with a slow nod, listening to the other's words.

For a moment, Oberon considered his reply, pricking his ears towards the other thoughtfully. "They must have been very strange." Oberon settled for saying that, lavender gaze wandering their dimly lit surroundings as he spoke. He fell quiet for a moment, before letting a few more words spill from his tongue. "I am Oberon." He neglected to mention his family name for the moment - it didn't seem to be of much import at a time like this. As proud as he was of the link to his mother, Oberon simply didn't see the point in mentioning like that. It was merely extra syllables that would likely mean nothing to the stranger.

With that, Oberon fell entirely silent, pricking his black ears towards the stranger, waiting to hear what the other would have to say. Would he receive a name in exchange for his own? Perhaps, but Oberon couldn't say he would be bothered one way or another. Names were not always necessary - it was simply clunky to refer to the other wolf as 'the other' all the time.

""

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
11-02-2014, 11:57 AM

They must have been very strange Sage nodded.
"Indeed." He said. It was not often the healer thought of the humans that had lived in these lands before him, but when he did he thought them more wondrous than scary. He had seen the damage they could do to the land, so despite his curiosity it was good they were no more here.
His eyes looked back into the others as the male introduced himself.
"I am Oberon."
Sage broke into a smile. "It's good to meet you Oberon. I am Sage, a healer." As he said the last part, he quickly scanned Oberon again. "It is interesting, although I dread to think of spending the night. At least it's not too far home." Saye quickly looked outside. The remnants of the setting sun cast shadows against the creaking walls of the structure.

"Speech,"

Oberon I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
11-05-2014, 03:42 PM

felled in the night by the ones you think you love; they will come for you ,

In answer to Sage's simple words, Oberon merely nodded, feeling it unnecessary to add anymore to that topic of the conversation. Humans seemed to be long gone; they had left no more traces on these lands and as he had no idea where they had gone, there was no point in obsessing over it. They were gone and it was highly unlikely that they would ever come back. This was the realm of the wolves now.

Sage. Oberon pricked his ears towards the other, nodding absently as he listened to the introduction. "What made you choose to settle around here?" Oberon queried idly, aware that this might come across as rude and simply not caring enough to not ask. He could not imagine living in such a bitterly cold environment, where falling asleep could easily mean one's death. These elements were not kind and he did not fancy being at war with the world around him when there were so many threats that came from wolves.

The sun was slipping downwards, creeping below the horizon, which Oberon took quick note of. He would likely have to continue on his way before too long - unlike Sage, he was actually pretty far from 'home.' As fluid as home was for Oberon, he definitely didn't plan on sticking around here for long if he could avoid it.