ardent

iron hearts all turn to rust

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
02-03-2014, 12:45 AM

ooc;; taur first please then anyone can jump in whenever :) if you want to skip through the ramble the actual actions start at the 4th paragraph <3

The sun was beginning to set when the red woman parted ways with her fair skinned sister, slowly slipping towards the hungry ocean horizon. Was it too late to visit? She pondered this for a moment as she stood on the beach where she had slithered her way out of the ocean not too long ago. It was peaceful here, more quiet then she had expected and yet she found herself enjoying it. Enjoying some solitude for the first time in her life. The demoness had always thrived in the company of others, enjoyed twisting them, manipulating them to do her bidding but over the past few years as she had grown older and she had remained within Tortuga lands she had slipped into the background more often then not. Preferring to watch from the shadows rather then input herself into the lives of others. It was odd how much she had changed? How a handful of wolves had made such a drastic change on her. Not for the first time she allowed her mind to drift to the one wolf she had ever really loved, to the ice queen who still had a grip on her heart. Even though she had abandoned her red knight and disappeared to the winds Vi couldn't help but to think of her every so often. Of the way her soft voice curled like smoke around you and drew you in. Of the way lithe body would sway as slender limbs carried her to their many meetings. But she was gone now, disappearing into the smoke of the mountain after the pack had fallen to ruins around her. And with her had gone a piece of Vi's already ruined heart.

But now there was another. Taurig. And though she didn't love him in the way she had loved her beloved Morphine it was still love none the less. A different kind of love, a better kind that was probably more healthy for the both of them. Especially since Taurig and Maija were now mated. The golden woman whom Vi had only spoken too a few times but had grown quite fond of during their time together. She was noble, bold, selfless? She was everything Vi wasn't and everything she wished she could be. And though Vi usually felt nothing but hatred towards those wolves she saw as competition or those that she wished she could be, something was different about the golden woman. Maybe she reminded Vi too much of her elder brother Cynrik, maybe it was because on their first meeting Vi had mistaken the woman for her brother? There were so many possibilities and yet what it boiled down to was now Vi had two wolves she would do anything for. And those two wolves had managed to procreate and have children of their own. Puppies?

Vi had always had a particular dislike towards children, finding that they nipped and gnawed and yipped and whined too much for her liking. As well a body never really came back from the disaster of child birth. She had mated with Creedence twice now when she was in season, once chewing the herbs that cleansed her body of possibility of children and the second she hadn't. Rage and anger had clouded her mind to the point where she had forgotten to chew those herbs. But she hadn't gotten pregnant thankfully. She couldn't be a mother? An aunt maybe but seeing as she had failed in that department already she had her doubts about going to visit her friends and their kids. Maybe this was what she needed though, a clean slate to start over with. A chance to be the aunt she had never really been with Rune, Vixe, Maija and Liberty. Liberty especially? She had never even met the poor girl and now she never would from what she had heard from Friction. But he had more pups on the way and she planned to be there for him and for them as much as she could. And if that meant getting used to children then she would do just that. Who better to practice on then with Taurig and Maija's children? Not that she was super worried about herself hurting them or anything like that but she did want to get herself to the point where she didn't cringe at the sound of their squeaky little voices. Maybe one day she might even like being around children? It was a long shot but hey, might as well give it a go.

So with that thought she would turn, rolling her shoulders back and casting one last look at the sinking sun. It was early spring so the sun was spending more time in the sky but it was still a long ways from the summer solstice so the sun was setting earlier in the day then it would in the summer months. She didn't feel as bad about turning and setting off at an easy trot down the beach, eventually lowering her nose to the ground as she got further down the beach and Taurig's scent began to disappear in the damp sand. It probably wasn't past the pup's bedtime and if it was then maybe she could just peek in on them sleeping and catch up more with Maija and Taurig. Would they be missing some adult time? How much of the pack had traveled here? How many had been stupid enough to swear their loyalty to the mountain again rather then any real leader? She had so many questions she wanted to ask them so the time didn't really bother her. Eventually Taurig's scent arched up into the vegetation of the inner island and she looped to follow it easily, head lowered so she could follow the scent easier. But it wasn't long before his scent began to fade into tracks of older scents crisscrossed with scents of other wolves and animals. Was she close? Slender crown would lift as lantern eyes scanned her immediate surroundings. "Taur? Maija? You around?" She called softly, long legs stretching out into a slow walk, eyes constantly shifting and moving in hopes of catching the sight of her friends. Large ears swivelled to catch what their could and nose twitched and danced to catch any scents the breeze happened to bring her way.

Table by Azil

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
02-03-2014, 01:10 AM

As predicted, his red friend had been happy to know that her kin had come to the island alongside the rest of Taur's pack. The titan himself was more than happy to have families reunite and upon Vi's request for privacy he would easily comply, allowing the two sister their time to catch up. He knew what that felt like, a flashback of his return to Maija the day of the war coming to mind as he made his way up from the shores to disappear back into the forest. He wasn't worried about Vi not keeping her word; the woman was known for that. He would take his time weaving his way through the forestry, using his scent to back track and lead him back to the den, his paws having already worn tracks in the ground from the many times he'd traveled to and from the beach. He was more than overjoyed to know that his friend was safe and sound. Even more so that she had been able to find her way back to him and the pack. He wasn't sure what he would've done if he had never been able to hear from Vi again.

He would arrive to an empty den, the scents of his wife and children stale. They had been here, but not recently. Perhaps they had gone out to explore? Taurig wouldn't panic. The island was pretty safe, with most of his pack members roaming around nearby, which meant that the pups were always within earshot of someone who could help them were they to get into some trouble. Figuring he might as well take a little nap while he waited to see which of the two, whether Vi or his family, would return first, the behemoth would pad to the entrance of his den. Powerful limbs would fold beneath the massive knight, lowering his scarred body onto the cool ground, ebony plume curling around his sable paws. Chiseled skull would rest gently against his forepaws, milky eyes disappearing beneath dark lids, tattered ears folding flat against his skull. His breathing would become easy as he allowed himself to slip into a light slumber, though his sense remained alert, listening to the voices of the jungle around him.

Some time passed, though how much he wasn't sure, but when he awoke, he could feel a coolness in the air that hadn't been there before; nightfall was setting in. A voice could be heard nearby and as Taurig lifted himself into a sitting position, he would realize that it was Vi calling out to him and Maija. Over here Vi. He would bark towards her, his low bass traveling powerfully between the distance. His den wasn't too hard to find; most of the pack knew what it was and everyone was welcome to dry by whenever they wanted to chat or needed something from him. Viridiana was no exception.

Talk like this

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
02-03-2014, 05:45 PM

She was never alone long around these wolves, the cobalt male always somewhere nearby in the shadows it seemed. She appreciated it. She had spent too much time slithering and slinking through the shadows that she greatly appreciated knowing that she had friends and allies close by. It was a strange thing, knowing that she had wolves around her that she could count on, wolves that she would do anything for in return. It was such a strange feeling, to be wanted and needed and to want and need them in return. She had never experienced such feelings with anyone beyond her family. But wasn't that what she considered them now? Weren't they family? Vi had spent her whole upbringing learning that nothing was stronger then blood, that she should protect her family with her life. And though she despised some of her family, like really hated them to the point where she wished she could destroy their pathetic little lives... But despite those strong feelings towards them she would still protect them. Though the ones she hated seemed to have not found their way to these lands thankfully. She wasn't faced with those moral choices and decisions anymore. No instead she had found wolves she wanted to be around, ones she was making the choice to be loyal to.

His voice slipped through the vegetation and immediately large ears turned to catch the fleeting sound. He spoke louder then he used to but then again without the use of his sight how was he to know her exact location in regards to his? She paid it no mind as long limbs turned her petite form to his direction and she pushed her way through the last bit of underbrush that separated them. His den was large and not well hidden at all. But then again what was there to hide from? He was among friends here and had nothing to fear. She couldn't help the smile that spread across her lips as she stood there and watched him for a short moment. He had never looked more like a king then he did right there, settled in the mouth of his den with the bloody colors of the sunset harshening the shadows around him. But the sight of him also brought up a longing to see her sister. To see the scarred giantess of a woman who had sauntered into her life and then disappeared just as easily. Taurig wasn't as scarred as she was but the blind eyes were what brought back the most memories.

She didn't paused long, stepping neatly towards him and then lowering herself to her haunches in front of his den then allowing her forepaws to slid forward so they almost touched his and she lay easily before him. "Been a while..." She chuckled softly before leaning a bit to the side, peering around him easily and taking note that he was alone here. "Family out on an adventure I see? Well no matter, I think we have some things to chat about until they get back. If you wouldn't mind possibly telling the story of what happened to you and why Tortuga ended up on an island?" She wanted to know, she had a lot of questions actually but from the way he had spoken of his darling father earlier she didn't want to push him if he didn't feel up to talking about it. Scars of the body heal but not always the mind. She wouldn't push or prod or pester him, instead she simply lay there, allowing her hips to flop to one side in a more relaxed and comfortable manor. If he deiced to chat about it she would listen and if he decided to change the subject she wouldn't complain either.

Table by Azil

Pandora

gems
size
build
player
02-06-2014, 12:28 AM

The family had been out and about while Taurig remained at home. Her father had decided he would spend some quality time with himself and it was understandable to Maija. However, Pandora was confused. Why didn't her dad want to spend time with the rest of them? They were together all the time -- was he getting tired of it? As Pandora walked beside Freya and Eon, a small huff escaped her lips. She wasn't going to have it!
The sneaky little pup vanished from between her siblings without a word and curled up behind a dark green bush. Her bright turquoise blue eyes twinkled as she watched the group disappear and she gave a soft chuckle. Pandora Selene Artenie had successfully ditched her mama and siblings. Huzzah! It was something she thought would never happen. Given that it was something she didn't usually do, she pondered if they would notice her missing. Slowly, she poked her head out from the bush and made sure the coast was clear. Once it was secure, Pandora trotted down the trail and back to her father.
After a few minutes, Pandora began to feel lost. She didn't know exactly where Taurig was, nor did she remember where the exact location of her family's den was. Panic was about to set in when she remembered she had a weapon: her nose! Excitement seeped through her and she allowed her nose to start working. It quivered like the Energizer bunny and she caught the scent that she woke up to every morning. A smile widened across her face and she proceeded to follow his scent until it got stronger. When it was strong enough to hit her in the face, Pandora halted. She heard her father's voice, strong and sturdy, then another female's. It was a stranger's and her ears automatically flattened. Who was she?
Slowly, Pandora moved from behind a tree close by. Her eyes looked and caught the view of a large, red wolf that was speaking. She caught the latter part of the conversation that mentioned Tortuga and why they were on an island. Pandora's curiosity rose higher than before and she flicked her tail behind her. What was this lady talking about? She decided to find out.
After shaking out her fur to show off her radiant designs, Pandora pranced from behind the tree towards her father. She let her vibrant color combination of Taurig's blue and the lovely gold from her mother collide with the sunlight as her ears perked upon reaching Taurig. "Daddy," she said, tones hinting Maija's Romanian accent. "I didn't want to leave you all alone, so I came back." She sat beside his large shoulder and leaned her head against it, rubbing her crown against his dark fur before peeking an eye in the direction of the ruby-furred stranger. "Daddy..." she said in a loud whisper, eye twinkling at his guest. "Who is this pretty lady?" She let a slip of a smile appear, hoping that the stranger would respond.

Talk like this

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
02-15-2014, 02:33 PM

He would sit in a relaxed manner before his den, sightless eyes reflexively moving from side to side as if he could spot Vi's figure as she approached. When in reality it was his ears that told him the red woman was approaching, the faint brushing of foliage reaching his tattered ears, her scent becoming stronger and more potent as she sauntered into the clearing, her paw steps now clear and distinct. He would feel her stop near him, the sound of dirt being away telling him that she was lying down before him. Been a while...Family out on an adventure I see? Well no matter, I think we have some things to chat about until they get back. If you wouldn't mind possibly telling the story of what happened to you and why Tortuga ended up on an island? Massive skull would be inclined down towards her voice, torn ears rotating forward with attention, nodding in agreement to her statement about the family being out and about. Maija had decided to take the children out to exploring that day and leave the titan to himself for a bit. There were times like that his wife just knew instinctively what he needed and things like that would only work to reaffirm why he loved his golden treasure so much.

Tortuga. And the island. Memories of the all the events that had led up to his flashed through the man's mind and he could feel his body instinctively bristling and tensing up at the flashbacks of his darling sire. He would have to take a moment to compose himself, milky eyes disappearing from sight for a second as he took in a deep breath, forcing his scarred figure to relax. He wasn't in danger anymore and neither was his family. He was on an island, far away from Glaciem and his family and friends were here with him. Everything was just fine. Well Vi, it's a bit of a long story. But basically I decided to leave Glaciem because I could no longer live under a man whose rule went against everything I stood for as a man. Upon my leaving I stumbled across Tortuga that had been recently disbanded and so I seized the opportunity and took it for my own. Everything was going well until my darling sire, He couldn't hide the hatred and venom that slipped into his words at the mention of the pink parasite. decided that he wasn't very happy with the fact that I had strayed away from Glaciem. So he came to my lands and publicly disciplined me in front of my people, including my own flesh and blood. I took it without complaining and I did not fight back. I thought that would be the last of him, but one of my mistakes during my time in Glaciem came back to haunt me.

He would have to pause for a moment, biting back all the emotions that came with remembering what he'd been through with Argent. What he allowed himself to go through for having been a fool. I allowed my emotions to get the better of me and I found myself falling for a woman that I should've never given a second look to. And when he found out, he came for my head. Though he didn't succeed, he managed to take my sight and my right to procreate from me. But as you can see, neither is much of a hindrance me to now that I've been in this condition for some time. As far as how our pack came to be on this island, it was because of that woman. She became lost somewhere and he couldn't find her, so naturally he thought I had tried to steal her away or something like that. He came to challenge me once again, this time to take Maija away from me since I had apparently taken his woman from me. He ended up taking Maija because I turned his challenge away, so in exchange for the return of my wife I allowed him to take the pack name and the old territory so that I could take our family here to the island. It was the perfect place to relocate to; safe and far away from the mainland and more importantly Glaciem. And this is where we've been ever since. He would finish his story just in time, the tinkling voice of his daughter Pandora reaching his ears. He would feel her tiny form rub against his shoulder in the next moment, a smile curling his dark jaws at her words.

Daddy, I didn't want to leave you all alone, so I came back. Daddy...Who is this pretty lady? He would chuckle at his daughter, leaning down to plant a gentle kiss on her crown. This sweetheart is your auntie Vi, a friend of mine. Vi, this is one my daughters, Pandora. He would introduce the two girls to each other, already knowing that his daughter would take to the red woman like a fish to water. Pandora was good at meeting strangers, a quality she had inherited from him and one he was very proud of.

Talk like this