ardent

baby, i'm bleeding for you

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
01-30-2014, 07:38 PM

The lithe demoness slithered through the water like a serpent, like she was designed to live in this element and yet her eyes remained narrowed and her ears pinned to show her obvious distaste for her current situation. She wasn't impressed but then again she never was. She had scoured Alacritis after the war, tried to find her brother but he was gone. Vanished. Ludicael was under new rule but did that mean he had left with Jupiter? She was stressed, high strung and even her violent night with Creedence hadn't helped her mood. Friction was split from his family but he was having children. But there were so many others who had been here who were now gone, she had no idea where Io, Cynrik or Zara was? She knew there were probably other siblings around who were now gone. All their scents were gone. Tortuga was now in the paws of another and she was tired? She was just so tired. She wanted to be done with this wretched world, with this stupid life?

Paws struck sand and she pulled herself out of the water slowly, pausing as she came about knee deep and casting lantern gaze about. Was old Tortuga still here? Taurig? Maija? She had never been particularly close with any of them but where was Morphine? Her love was gone? All she had left were wolves she knew in passing. Strange how once family was removed there was really nothing left for her. She didn't call, didn't move for a long time. Instead she simply stood, gazing scanning the landscape blankly and without emotion. Why had she bothered to come at all?

Talk like this

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
01-30-2014, 09:35 PM

It had been quite some time since he had seen or heard anything from the russet vixen Vi. The last time he could remember ever seeing her/hearing her had been when he'd sent her off with Io and Zara to aid Valhalla with healers. Since having returned from the war, Taurig couldn't remember having ever seen Viridiana. And despite her not so pleasant attitude at times, the titan had become rather fond of the woman. She had grown on him and part of him felt like he had grown on her too. But where had she gone? It had been nearly a season, almost two if he wasn't wrong that any sign had been seen of Viridiana. The cobalt man hadn't given up that the russet woman would return one of these days...Soon.

Habit would drive the gargantuan to the beaches of his island, massive paws sinking into the now familiar sands, liking the way the sand moved through the middle of his toes. No unfamiliar sounds would reach his tattered ears, milky, sightless eyes following the movement of his massive crown, nostrils flaring. The pungent scent of salt would be overpowering, but as he kept moving along the beach side, a touch of a scent he hadn't caught in a while invaded his nostrils; Vi. But how? It couldn't be...the wind must've been playing tricks on him. Vi couldn't possibly be on the island...could she? The knight would continue moving alongside the shore, crown turned in the direction of the water, surprised to find that her scent was becoming stronger. She really was here...Vi? He would boom, hoping to hear something of a response from her, if she really was here.

Talk like this

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
01-30-2014, 10:30 PM

This was a strange place? It was bright and sunny and so different from the mountain home she had hated so and yet grown so accustomed to. The feel of the sand beneath her paws was both strange and comforting at the same time while the surf pushed and pulled at her legs. It was all so? Comforting? She let out a slow breath, pushing every last bit of air from her lungs as she closed her eyes and paused a moment before drawing in a new breath full of salty air, the scent of vegetation and one particularly strange and yet so familiar scent. Taurig? Eyes would open once more and scan the beach line before falling on the massive cobalt beast making he way slowly towards her. He moved with a purpose and slowly a smile began to stretch across her lips. She was about to move towards him, body leaning forward to begin the action before she noticed his face. Scars riddled it, maiming his once handsome features and scarring his eyes. What had happened?

His voice was powerful and commanding but for a long moment she stood there in the water, leaning so far forward she looked like she might fall over, staring blankly at him. Could he see her? But even if he couldn't she knew he would smell her, Zara had always been able to smell her from what seemed like miles away. "?Taur??" There was a hesitance and uncertainty in her voice uncommon for the red woman but slowly she would step forward, long legs churning the water until she was on the beach a little ways away from him where she would once again stop and stand. "What? What happened?" Her voice broke and she had to swallow quickly. If only she hadn't left?. Maybe this would have never happened. Was this her fault? Could she have stopped this? Guilt swept over her like a tidal wave. Another friend hurt because she wasn't there. Just like Vixe was dead. Just like her niece was taken? All her fault...

Talk like this

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
01-30-2014, 10:45 PM

The mammoth was so accustomed to the way that he was now, scared and blind that he sometimes forgot that others around him could really see him. It didn't cross his mind that Vi hadn't see him torn up and blind, since the last time they had had contact he'd been completely whole, sight and jewels in tact. It was only the sound of splashing reached his ears that the knight really believed his red friend to be here. The sound of paw steps on the beach reached his ears and he would pause, Vi's scent becoming stronger, bringing him to think that she had left the water to come to the shore, possibly moving closer to him. ?Taur?? What? What happened? He could hear the uncertainty in her voice, hear how it broke at the last question. Tattered ears would fold back against his scarred skull as the realization of how he must look to her dawned on him. Did he frighten her? Horrify her? Disgust her? It was hard to tell.

It's me Vi...you've missed alot. As you can see...I'm now blind...thanks to a certain... A hint of a growl would touch his words at the mention of the man that had done this to him. Sire of mine. I've also...well...let's just say that the litter I had with my wife is the last one I can ever have... He would trail off for a second, a hint of embarrassment touching his words. It wasn't every day that a man lost his manhood...but the titan didn't let it define him, much less bother him. Where have you been Vi? I thought I wouldn't see you again... Milky eyes would move in the direction where Vi's scent came from the strongest, ebony tail wagging gently behind powerful haunches, a touch of a smile curling his scarred jaws. I'm glad you found your way here.

Talk like this

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
01-31-2014, 12:11 AM

It was almost funny, the fact that she was so shocked by his appearance. Somewhere in the back of her mind a memory came floating to the surface of the first time they had met formally and her thoughts of him then. She had an immediate disgust towards his scars as she did towards all physical deformities but as she had studied him longer she had come to realize that the scars had complimented his personality quite well. But now there were more scars, so many more scars. He didn't frighten her or disgust her like he might fear. No. A mixture of guilt and pity were the only feelings that welled up within the female. He had been such a great leader, had such potential and now here he was blinded and castrated. It was such a pity. Such a waste of a good wolf. Was that why they had moved? Was that why they had fled from their mount ion home and now a new wolf called himself master of Tortuga? Fuckers, all of them? She knew somewhere in her heart that Taurig wouldn't have left without a reason but she wanted, no she needed, to know that reason.

But despite her sudden need for answers after all this time she allowed him to speak, taking a few uncertain steps forward before pausing again. His father had done this? He and Maija had had pups? She let out a bit of an uncertain laugh and shook her head, trying to collect herself. "The scars suit you. You look like a bad ass? Sorry about your dad, he sounds like a dick. But congratulations to you and Maija?" She tried to get everything out without choking on her words. Eyes closed for a moment and she swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat. And then there were the questions. Where had she been? Again a shuddering breath was drawn in but the smile and wag of the male's tail was comforting. "I buried my nephew in the war? I went to find his father and he was gone. My brother? My best friend is gone? I lost Zara and Io? My family seems to have disappeared right in front of me." There was a hopelessness to her tone as her head tipped back to look at the sky, eyes searching for everything and yet nothing in particular.

His last words drew her back and she smiled, a soft chuckle bubbling up her throat. "There's no where else I would rather be." She said softly, stepping forward slowly so he could hear her paw falls and tell she was approaching. She reached out to place a soft lick on his cheek before stepping back. "I've been stupid, more loyal to a mountain, a pack name and dead ideals then to those that lead the pack. Four? Five? Maybe more? Leaders came before you. But you? I think you are someone I could be truly loyal to. If you would have me back?" She said softly. She didn't care if he did't have a pack anymore, not ranks to hand out. She would do whatever he wished of her even if that meant simply pup sitting for him when he and Maija needed some alone time. She had been loyal to Nnoitra, but he had stepped down and then disappeared. She had been loyal to Morphine but she had failed and disappeared. Taurig was here and so far had proven that even in great adversity was willing to put others before himself. A trait of a true leader.

Talk like this

Io

gems
size
build
player
01-31-2014, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Io had been living on Inu island, partly with Taur and his family, and partly wandering the mainland as a rogue. She was not quite part of his family, and yet all the same she cared for them, would be there for them whenever she could. Seeing those children, the happy couple and Sibelle, it made her miss her own family. She could never seem to keep track of them for long - but that may have been her own fault as well. Over the years, she had become a recluse of sorts and it was a very hard habit to break. The soothing sounds of the ocean would be broken by voices as she scouted the beaches - one being Taurig, who was familiar to her. The other familiar as well but... Vi hadn't been living here. Was her ruby kin really here? She would quietly step toward them, magenta eyes wide and visage flushed with hope. When she reached the two, she would smile - Viri was unmistakable in terms of appearance. The albino would wait for the two to finish their conversation, not one for causing any sort of interruption. Taurig surely knew that she was there though, his sense of smell was relied on more without his eyesight she was sure.

Her tail would swish elegantly behind her, although she did not say much, it was clear that she was happy with the other Sovari finally showing up. She would listen to the other woman as she explained where she had been... apparently one of their family members had been killed during the war. A war that they both had attended but... they had been able to do nothing in order to stop it. Her spirit would sink - but hearing Viridiana's soft laughter, pulled her thoughts away from her regrets. A brief glance would be cast at Taurig as she waited for him to formally invite her kin to stay in their rogue pack. 'Please let her stay?'

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
01-31-2014, 12:59 AM

Since his arrival in alacritis almost a year ago, the titan had met many wolves. Rogues, members of Glaciem when he was there, the wolves that had formed his pack and were now living on the island with him. He remembered most of them, knew their faces and names, but one wolf in particular stuck out to him from the rest, apart from his wife and family; Vi. Not only was she the first russet wolf he'd seen in Alacritis, aside from his siblings, but was one of the first wolves he came across when he decided to take on Tortuga. She had been there with him from the beginning, advising him, helping him in any way she could, despite not really having taken a liking to him from the beginning. She had become an unlikely ally to him; one he was glad to have now. She had been with him through tough times, gone to war with him and for that she would always be considered a friend to the cobalt man. She would be part of his pack, his family for life and whatever she needed from him, if it was within his power and even if it wasn't, she would have it. She deserved a little payback after all for everything she'd done for him.

The scars suit you. You look like a bad ass? Sorry about your dad, he sounds like a dick. But congratulations to you and Maija? He could hear the uncertainty that came with her accompanying her laugh and although it brought a wry smile to his lips, Taurig braced himself. Vi wasn't one to be uncertain about anything; he could feel a change in her. But was a good one? Thanks, I'm sure you're still breaking hearts with a glance. You should meet my children soon, they would love to meet their aunt Vi. A bigger smile would extend his scarred lips at the mention of his children becoming kin to her. She was that important to him that he would integrate her into his blood family. He just hoped that she wouldn't be put off by his show of fondness for her; he remembered she wasn't the type for such things. I buried my nephew in the war? I went to find his father and he was gone. My brother? My best friend is gone? I lost Zara and Io? My family seems to have disappeared right in front of me. The smile would fade, a somber expression taking over his scarred visage. She had lost family and displaced others. But not all hope was lost. Zara's whereabouts I'm not sure as of late, but Io is here on the island with the pack. He hoped that little bit of information would brighten up the woman's spirits. He wanted the Vi he remembered to come back.

There's no where else I would rather be. I've been stupid, more loyal to a mountain, a pack name and dead ideals then to those that lead the pack. Four? Five? Maybe more? Leaders came before you. But you? I think you are someone I could be truly loyal to. If you would have me back? A genuine smile would chase away the somber mood, plume wagging with more enthusiasm at her words. Taurig would blink with surprise when he suddenly felt Vi touch him, her gentle tongue caressing the scar tissue that had formed over his left cheek. She was never affectionate with him before...perhaps he liked this Vi better after all. You've always had a place here Vi. This is your home and you my family. The titan would step forward, closing the gap she'd put between them, bumping the woman gently on the chest as he reached up over her, salmon tongue swiping against the closest ear, nipping it gently with affection. In the same moment a breeze would come in from the mainland, bringing along with it a scent he knew Vi would be glad to see; Io. He would step back, a knowing look on his face. I told you she was here. He would motion in the direction that the healer's scent came from, crown turning in Io's direction, hoping that she would come closer.

Talk like this

Viridiana

gems
size
build
player
01-31-2014, 02:02 AM

She russet witch had pledged her loyalty to so many things and so many wolves before. She had followed pack leaders blindly and killed without question but that had to end, that was over now. She needed that to be over now. She wanted more in life, now that she had experienced death. Now that someone close to her had met their end. She wanted connection, she wanted someone to call a friend. She needed emotional ties and something that went beyond blood. And who better to start those with then the man who had started this change within her? The man who had shown her the errors of her way. The man who had accepted her and allowed her to accept him into her heart in her own good time. She had been rather rude in the beginning, she would easily admit that, but he had let her slink around and do her own thing despite knowing nothing about her. Despite knowing that she had been loyal to the chaotically aligned old leaders of Tortgua. He had always been there for her in a way that even she couldn't begin to express, in ways he probably would never really know. And though she would happily kill for him if that was what he wanted she didn't want to hop around and throw her loyalty at anyone who could use her for her specific skills. No. She loved him. And she would freely admit that.

His words brought a more musical laugh, more certain of herself as he mentioned her looks. But the word aunt stilled everything, even her heart for a moment. Her breath caught in her throat and then she smiled, a burning starting at the backs of her eyes. "And I would be honoured to meet the little princes and princesses?" She said softly. She decided to skirt around the breaking hearts comment, looks seemed to be a touchy subject here even if he seemed to be okay with it. The talk about her family defiantly put a damper on the conversation, she almost regretted bringing it up but at the same time she didn't want to keep him in the dark about anything. Though he did have some helpful things to add. Io? She was here? Though Vi hadn't really seen her fellow Sovari since her acceptance, the pack meeting and their march to war she was glad to hear that the woman had made her way here. A look of obvious relief washed over her. Though she would have been happy to I've here with Taurig and Maija the news that some of her family had survive lifted a great weight off her shoulders.

Her words, thankfully, brought a huge smile to his lips and a huge wave of relief washed over her at the sight of his tail waving behind him. Always had a place here? She had never had a place to call home before, never really had a place to settle in. She had thought that Tortuga had been that place but her loyalties had been more rooted to the mountain it seemed rather then the wolf who had actually lead it. She had been ready to follow Morphine where ever she led but Morphine hadn't wanted her. Here? Taurig wanted her here? She was actually welcome here. That part was reiterated as her once more closed the distance between them to bump against her, tongue rasping against her cheek then teeth nipping her ear. "Thank you Taur? That means a lot to me?" She said softly, scent hitting her at the same moment it hit Taurig. Though she had the sight to back up the seemingly fleeting scent. But there she was, like a ghost in the edge of the vegetation simply standing and watching them without a word. "Io!" She exclaimed, blinking rapidly as if she was waiting for her sibling to disappear like the ghost she appeared to be.

"I'm so glad you made it back here!!!" She exclaimed as she motioned for her blood to join them, sitting back. "Seems theres a lot of catching up to do? Would you mind giving Io and I a bit to chat? I promise to come torment you and Maija in a bit," She asked, lifting a paw to bat Taurig on to nose playfully, an easy smile slipping across her lips. She felt easy now, like she had more then enough time to do everything. There was nothing floating at the edge of her mind that was stressing her out. And she had been meaning to talk to Io for ages now, since back when she had first joined the pack. As much as she wanted to talk to Taurig more and bounce after him like a pup to meet his children and to see Maija she knew there would be more then enough time for that to come. And all her stress that she had felt before this, all the stress that had eventually pushed her to track down her old friends had steamed from her family's sudden disappearance. Yet here she was, one of her seemingly huge family that had shrunk down to nothing in the past few months. And she didn't even know if Io knew who she was. Vi had grown up learning about the rest of her family, knowing that she had many other siblings out there and often watching them from afar but her mother had raised her and her brother Kylar in secret, telling no one as far as Vi had known?

Io

gems
size
build
player
03-02-2014, 03:07 PM

She would jolt just slightly at the sound of her name, but her kin's exclaimation brough a small smile to the albino's face. Vi was lively compared to Io herself, and yet she would find that it was something that she liked about the other. If she was placid like herself, they might have a bit of trouble trying to talk to each other. Although it was something that the little woman was getting better at as she spent more time with other lupine, she wasn't the best at socializing and there were times that it definitely showed. Hopefully now wouldn't be one of those times though, as Taurig would be asked to leave and give the Sovari ladies a chance to catch up. Io's magenta gaze would settle comfortable on Vi's unique visage, and she would sit beside her, her tail wrapping arounod her legs.

"Taurig's family is easy to attach to." She would admit. They were an honorable group of wolves, and although they were not as close to her as they were to each other, she considered them friends by her definition of the word. "It seems you feel the same." Seeing the red woman be so playful with the blind man was almost surreal, neither of the two seemed like the playful sort and they still were coy with one another - close, like siblings in a way. Idly the albino realized that she wanted something similar with Viridiana, but she wasn't quite sure how to initiate it. She spent so much time searching for her brothers, her family, that she tended to tense up and get quiet around the lupine that she adored so much. Blood was important to her, but perhaps it weighed too heavily on her heart - because she became nervous with them just as she tended to with groups of strangers.

The albino would do her best to hide that, tipping her head up just slightly to keep her gaze even with the taller woman. At twenty seven inches tall, her Sovari sister had nearly half a foot on her - and she wasns't even large herself. "I'm glad you made it here too, Vi." The sentiment was as warm as any, but felt a little strange on her tongue. "How - Where, have you been?"

"Speech"