ardent

What Can I Teach You? What Can You Teach Me?

Arietta

gems
size
build
player
10-20-2014, 03:33 PM

The femme would lower her body to the ground, breathing in and out slowly. Her eyes were narrowed some, ears lowered to her head as she watched her prey upon the gnarled branches. She was upwind, on a higher set of branches then the squirrel resting below. The young woman had been fine-tuning her hunting techniques on smaller prey, though if she was truly to become an efficient hunter she would need to practice with larger prey as well. That would require a hunting partner at least, and to her knowledge no others in Bevroren other than herself held the official rank of a hunter, or Jacht.

Bounding down onto the lower limbs in a few quick hops she would land on the one with her quarry, jaws snapping down upon the creature and killing it quickly. Hunting up in the trees like this had their dangers, but if you became familiar with them, well, they weren't too bad to deal with. Arietta set the squirrel at her paws, wagging her tail some. She was feeling more accomplished and more alive as a member of Bevroren. She had a home... a place to belong. Tilting her head back the woman would sing her happiness to the sky, not really expecting another to join her.

"Hear Me Talk," 'Read My Thoughts.'

Table by:: Dione

Trica- Ica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
10-20-2014, 09:07 PM

Trica followed the joyful howl that seemed to echo across the dense trees. She knew that t was the distant howl of a hunter, catching their piece of prey. Her heart thudded quicker as she got closer and closer to the gleeful singing. What if the hunter didn?t like her, what would she do then? They were supposed to be partners! She huffed in annoyance, trying to shake the dangerous thought from her mind before she succumbed to them and turned around. She shook her white pelt out furiously, as if ridding herself of any bad thoughts. She padded softly through the forest, afraid that she would disturb the hunter. Her audits swiveled around swiftly at the sound of rustling leaves, knowing that the sound was much too large to have come from anything but a wolf. The she-wolf climbed up the tree she heard the noise from, careful to leap lightly to and fro, careful not to snap a branch. Suddenly, she turned around to come face to face with cyan orbs. Trica gasped at the closeness of the wolf and lurched herself backwards, straight off the tall tree. Great, wonderful first impression Trica; the she-wolf thought harshly to herself. She stood up quickly and shook out her long white fur, looking back into the gaze of the cyan orbs that had followed her to the ground. Her silver orbs met the blue ones as she tried to straighten herself up and not focus on the sharp pain that shot through her body. "Umm? my name is Trica, your new hunting partner!" she tried to say excitedly, but sarcasm was laced through ever gap in her words. The dame smiled sweetly at the other, her apparent new hunting partner. Her smile turned into a chuckle as she shaked her head slowly. "Apparently, first impressions aren?t my thing. Don?t worry though, I am usually this clumsy." her soft chuckle turned into a full blown cackle as she thought about the sarcasm in her words. Hey, she couldn?t make a worse impression could she?

Speech,

Arietta

gems
size
build
player
10-23-2014, 05:41 PM

Arietta may not have been expecting the company of another, but company would come to her anyway. The female was just beginning to lower her head, light blue orbs shining in delight, when the sound of wood bending to weight was heard. Ears would prick, gaze searching for the one responsible for the sound. She judged it to be a larger creature, perhaps another wolf. A Bevroren wolf... but who would come join her? Her daughter perhaps? Arietta would take a quick step back as a white form landed before her, brows raising as her gaze met with silver orbs. No, this wasn't her daughter. But she had no time to question whom this stranger was, however, because she was falling backward!

A gasp would leave the small brown woman as she moved forward, looking down to the ground where the other had landed. Was... was she okay? She seemed to be shaking off any pain she was in... but... Arietta would give a soft whine, lowering her ears a bit. Trica... her new... hunting partner? The wolfess didn't exactly seem to be... as enthusiastic about this as she was trying to be. Her sarcasm had Arietta wondering, and the femme would frown some. A new member to Bevroren... did she already judge her? Tilting her head to the side Arietta maintained her frown, her uncertainty, watching the other with a bit of worry. "You don't seem entirely thrilled with the idea..." She would say softly, to herself. "...Are you alright though? That looked to be quite the fall..." She wasn't sure if she should approach the other female just yet.

"Hear Me Talk," 'Read My Thoughts,'

Trica- Ica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
10-25-2014, 03:45 PM

Trica chuckled again, calming herself and straightening her back out in a luxurious stretch, trying to regain her composure. Her silver orbs flashed with uncertainty, the she-wolf sounded confused....sure she wasn't that thrilled at the first impression she had given her new partner but she wanted to hunt and the brown dame seemed lovely! Her white tail swished back and forth, announcing her excitement to the other wolf as she gazed into the blue eyes that were looking at her still. The pain had receded and was now just a dull ache at the base of her form, barely noticeable to the clumsy she-wolf as she attempted to talk to the other. Why was she so nervous to talk to the gentle femme? She appeared kind, would she judge her though? Clumsiness isn't the best trait to have being a hunter...she shook her white pelt out and cleared the thoughts from her head as she spoke, "Oh no! You misunderstood! I am thrilled to be your partner!!!" the words tumbling from her mouth as quickly as she thought them, "First impressions just don't appear to be my thing I guess?" she shrugged, ignoring the other question the brown wolf had asked her.

Speech,

Arietta

gems
size
build
player
10-28-2014, 12:02 AM

Hearing the femme talk again brought Arietta a sense of relief. This time, when words tumbled forth from Trica's mouth, they did not hold that sarcastic tone. Perhaps the other fae was right, maybe first impressions just... weren't her thing. It was a relief and, grabbing her catch, Arietta would make her way to the forest floor so that she was on level with the other fae. She would set the squirrel down before the white furred woman, lifting her faded blue gaze to meet silver orbs. Another hunter... a friend who would help her with such things. It sounded absolutely wonderful.

"Perhaps not." Arietta managed a small smile now. "But sometimes life is not always smooth. There are bumps and falls. Here." Using her muzzle she nudged the squirrel a bit closer to Trica. "I want you to have it. Think of it as a gift for our first meeting, with the hope of many good hunts together in the future." Her bushy tail would wag behind her slightly, hoping that the other would agree and take the piece of prey.

Trica- Ica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
10-29-2014, 09:18 PM

The white she-wolf was absolutely thrilled when the brown femme offered her the squirrel. She knew immediatly that they would work well together and that this tiff would be forgotten about in an instant. Her silver optics flashing with gratitude, she looked up at the dame standing before her before eating a bite of the tender squirrel. The juicy flavors swirled among her taste buds as she took another bite. She got half way through the squirrel before taking the tip of her nose and pushing the remains of the squirrel towards her new partner. A smile emerged on her lips as she looked into the blue orbs of the brown dame.

"Here, to the budding partnership." She cheered, rejoicing in the fact that she had a new friend.

Speech,

Arietta

gems
size
build
player
10-30-2014, 05:18 PM

As Arietta would watch Trica eat, the small brown wolfess began to wonder how their work together might go. Wolves in a pack, regardless of rank, had to work together. She knew not of Trica's strengths and weaknesses as a huntress, and would hardly judge her based on the first meeting. Heck, she alone had worked to teach herself how to hunt, and though she was not the most skilled huntress out there she could successfully catch things without injury, and that was a good thing of course. Who knew? Perhaps she and Trica both had skills that differed from each other, and they could better their own skills from learning from the other wolfess.

As her new fellow hunter pushed the other half of the squirrel towards her Arietta's smile would brighten, and she would dip her head. "To our budding partnership, Trica." Her anxiety seemed to subside, and rather than fight this change of no longer being alone the she wolf welcomed it. Some change, Arietta decided, was definitely good. Welcome. Dipping her head she would begin to eat as well, wondering what the future might have in store for the two of them.

Trica- Ica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
11-01-2014, 12:56 PM

Trica watched the brown femme eat the remainder of the catch. What if she decided that she wasn't a good enough partner? Trica's anxiety began to heighten as she thought on and on about how she definitely wasn't good enough for the dame. Sure she could hunt but her clumsiness would surely get in her way at some point...what if she made the brown she-wolf lose her catch? What if she was forced out of the pack. Evil thoughts plagued her fragile state of mind as she tried to shake herself out of the daze as her new partner cheered with her.

"That you for the catch! I guess I shall have to catch something next time..." she chuckled, trying to keep the mood light even though inside her she felt like she was going to puke from the anxiety.

Speech,

Arietta

gems
size
build
player
11-08-2014, 05:17 PM

The woman would lift her head as she finished eating the meal, her gaze gentle as it fell upon the other. She seemed to be worried a little, though perhaps Arietta was reading too far into it. The female would swish her tail some, giving a reassuring smile. ?Maybe... But you know that you don?t need to hunt on your own anymore. We?re a team now... And teams work together. We won?t need to shoulder the burdens alone.? The brown woman, had she known the true anxiety the other felt, would understand it. She had been in the same position, especially as a self taught huntress. Worried about coming into the pack with barely any skill in anything at all.

?If you are worried about anything, or have any questions about the lay of the land and tricks to use while hunting here I?m more than willing to share what I know with you.? Perhaps they could be more than simple hunting partners; friends. A support for the other no matter what they might face.

Speech, Thought

Trica- Ica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
11-08-2014, 11:03 PM

Her worried heart slowed, warmed by the female's gentle words. "Do you really mean that?" she asked geniuinly surprised at the femme's words. She could really use a friend in this new pack, especially with what had been going on lately. Her heart soared as she thought of the future, both of them hunting together and gossiping about the pack's drama. Her silver eyes shined with happiness as she looked down at her new hunting partner, possibly even new friend. She sat back on her haunches, breathing in the sweet scent of the forest around them and feeling the wind billowing through her fur, oh how she loved pack life.

Speech,

Arietta

gems
size
build
player
11-17-2014, 01:40 PM

Arietta would give a nod, without hesitation, as the female spoke up again. "Of course I do, Trica. We're a team now, and we're going to stick together." The small female felt happy, seeing the female relax more with her words. She felt happy to meet someone new. Her tail would wag gently behind her, looking around as well. Who knew what the future held now?

"This place we're in now, if you don't know, is called the Mile-High Woods. It is a rather interesting place as you can see, though the Sparse Pines make for a much better territory to hunt. I was mainly here for fun, to be honest. To try to sharpen my skills a little in hunting in different terrain."