gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-20-2014, 12:18 PM

A deep breath would sound loudly in the silence of the cathedral, the wind would rush from his large muzzle. Shai?s massive frame was still besides the sides of his chest heaving with deep breaths. Bright eyes were snuffed but still his features would look forward with his head held high. Though the oracle was the spokeswoman of the goddess, Shai knew he could still feel the deities presence magnified here. He?d meditate within her grove. While a dark and pitch as the night would surround him a small sliver of light would pierce the tall canopy and stream down before his giant marked paws. His decorated form would sit before her presence, silent, alone, and having told no one of this place.
He would come before the goddess as he did every day, his thoughts forming questions of her reasoning in his life. As he had for the past year he would begin with pleading once more for his mother?s life. Her loss had been great to him, and still a year later the pain of her loss bored a hole through his heart. As well he would question why it was his brother that had been appointed the duty of guardian while he had not. He wished not to question her ways, but could not help but ask what her reasons were. The last of his questions would be of the northern wolves, and what their purpose would be here. This was there home, her land! How could she permit them access? These questions would stir in his mind as he sat before the light. The amount of time he spent at that place varied every day, and today he had been missing for several hours.

"Yoruban" "English"

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Gwena

gems
size
build
player
10-20-2014, 12:50 PM

Ashen paws pressed into the earth. She had been bouncing from land to land, visiting those she knew and missed. Shai included. He was a large as his brother, his pelt just as dark. A bark would roll off her tongue, a smile lifting her lips. "Shai!" Her tail wagged at her hocks as she moved towards him. She aimed to close the distance between then, anxious to spend time wit another childhood friend. His brother may have changed, but she hoped he had not. She moved with the intent to bump her shoulder against him, her crown tipping back to peer up at him. His dark pelt contrasted sharply with her lighter coloring. "How have you been?" Her eyes shown with genuine curiosity and concern. It had felt like forward since she had last spent anytime with him. And now, so much was changing, their world was being turned upside down and invaded by heathens.

"ọrọ"

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-20-2014, 03:53 PM

His quiet thoughts would be interrupted by the soft sound of paws upon the undisturbed dirt. As he opened his sun lit orbs inexplicably the ray of light that was shining before him would disappear. Her bark would further interrupt his thoughts and any answers that might have been forthcoming would disappear. Again, the goddess would remain silent to him. He would sigh softly as his attention would shift from the supernatural to the natural, his name on the lips of a girl he?d grown up around. She seemed happy and pleasant, and would find that his own tail would wag slightly behind him, causing the beads that decorated his appendage to clash and jingle melodically. He?d rise from the earth to greet her, fully forgetting his meditation as she nudged his massive shoulder.
Bright golden gaze would peer down into her pastel purple gaze, the curiosity within them striking his interest as she questioned his recent well being. Though it may have been a while since they?d last been focused on the other?s presence he knew that it hadn?t been nearly as long since he?d laid eyes upon her. "Hello, Gwena." His lips would turn up in a rather convincing smile, "There?s been much on my mind, however I?m doing rather well." He?d assure her easily, ?And how are you, little sister?" Though they were not tied by blood, everyone within the tribe held a special place in his heart and he considered each and every one his own family.

"Yoruban" "English"

Gwena

gems
size
build
player
10-21-2014, 01:22 PM

Light trickled through the dense canopy, speckling across her light pelt. The air was quiet, save for the soft sounds of her breath. Her haunches reclined towards the earth, tail curling around her hips. His size dwarfed her's, just like his brothers. But his cyan ribbons and features would starkly contrast his ebony pelt. And just like his brother, he was just as good looking. She was younger than them both, but about a year, but that didn't change anything. She still grew up with them, they were still part of a tight knit community. He had been laying down, clearly deep in thought about something that she had interrupted. For a moment she was tempted to leave, allow him to resume his thoughts in peace, but he didn't appear to mind.

He would rise, accepting her touch happily. A smile would lift his lips as he greeted her. His mind was occupied, though he was well. Her crown would tip to the side, even though he had assured that she was fine. "Ohunkohun ti o fẹ lati soro nipa?" Words fell easily of her tongue, her accented voice flowing smoothly. "Mo n ṣe daradara."Shoulders would lift in a shrug. She was doing fine, she and nothing to complain about. Or so she thought. But the impending danger of the northern wolves had everyone wound up, and with good reason, she was a littler nervous about such things, but a secret part of her wished to explore their lands, to see what was past the land bridge. Her haunches would fold beneath her, tail curling around her hips.

"ọrọ"

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-21-2014, 02:23 PM

The cascading droplets of light would fall upon her pristine coat as she seated herself beside him. Her affection having ceased he too would find a place upon the hard earth, though as to not make her strain her neck from looking up, he would lower all four incredibly long legs to the dust. He?d watch her as she tilted her head to the side curiously at his answer, asking simply if he wished to talk with her about anything. He?d always been so secretive about his problems, for almost a year he?d kept them to himself. Was he ready to give up those questions to the mortal world yet?
She?d answer his own question easily, and with just as much enthusiasm as he had shown. Though he knew what was on her mind, what was on everyone?s mind. The northern lands were now accessible, to both southern wolves and northern. Already they were invading their homeland, he?d caught scent of them. No one had been threatened? yet. "Nothing that I haven?t talked to the goddess about," he?d comment, avoiding voicing the turmoil within once more. "Have you talked to Skah recently?" He knew the two had been a bit closer than he and Gwena and it?d been a long time since he?d spoken with his brother. Shai had become rather scarce around his family after the death of his mother, still struggling with the loss his behavior hadn?t changed much.

"yoruban" "english"

Gwena

gems
size
build
player
10-21-2014, 03:05 PM
ooc - wasn't sure if she knew about his mama, so just let me know and i can change it

He would kindly lower himself so that she didn't have to crane her neck to meet his gaze. She would shoot him a quiet smile of appreciation. She had always been larger than the other females, but she was no match for him. His deep baritone vocals would brush away her question, his form of avoiding speaking about it. A brow would lift, silently stating that she knew better than that. He may have spoken to the Goddess about it, but clearly he wasn't getting the answer he wanted if it was still troubling him. Perhaps he was still grieving over the loss of his mother. She knew the woman's death had been hard on all her children. In any case, she wouldnt press for answers, not yet at least.

His brothers name rolled off his tongue easily, though her body would stiffen in response. She would scoff before answering. "laanu bẹẹni." She would break eye contact, glaring at a bush. "O si ni ohun kẹtẹkẹtẹ." She would grumble with annoyance, her gaze finally flicking back to Shai. Her own forelegs would stretch, lowering her upper body to the ground. She would roll into her side with a huff, staring straight away, her tail thumping against the ground idly.

"ọrọ"

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-21-2014, 08:43 PM

The look of appreciation would not be lost on him as he lowered his form to the ground, he?d gotten used to being aware of his height. Too many times he?d given wolves a crick in their neck. As he spoke he would find his gaze focused on her features as she obviously noted that she didn?t believe his story. Though even if she had pressed the issue it was highly unlikely that he would have said anything. He hadn?t told anyone what went on in his head, he wasn?t about to start. The change of subject was almost flawless, he would at least sufceed in getting her attention shifted to the other brother. Her whole form would freeze up as he uttered the name of his litter mate. His brow would raise inquisitively at her answer, which had only brought up more questions.
She?d remove her eyes from his gaze before she?d call him a rather profane name. He couldn?t help but to chuckle at her actions. After all the boy had done to Shai, he had not thought of him as such. However with the suggestion he was very clearly able to make the connection. How much had his brother changed in the long months since her death? Shai was no longer the same wolf. She?d physically show her annoyance at the man as she flopped over, Shai would just smile warmly as she huffed. His own features would lower to his paws as he watched her, getting inadvertently caught up in the thoughts of his brother unintentional sins against him. He?d sigh softly, joining in her frustration. "Yeah.." he?d agree softly, not realizing he was losing himself within the memories again.

"Yoruban" "English"

Gwena

gems
size
build
player
10-22-2014, 10:04 PM

Shai would chuckle, not at all offended by the choice of words she used to describe his brother. Perhaps it was because he could agree. His dark skull would lower to his paws, his eyes on her, a sigh of frustration rolling off his tongue. She would cast a sidelong glance at him, a brow lifting. "O si je ko nigbagbogbo bẹ irritating." She would mumble. He had stalked off during their last meeting, babbling about responsibilities and his job. Damn him and his job. She had no idea how the Oracle could tolerate him all the time. Rotating her upper body, she would prop herself on elbows before lowering her head back to her paws. "Ki....." She would drawl out the word, peering over at him curiously.

She wasn't entirely sure where to take their conversation, but she enjoyed his company. "Ti o ti ri eyikeyi awọn ti ariwa wolves sibẹsibẹ?" There was so much chatter about the foreigners she was surprised more of them hadn't been seen. So far she had not, and she didn't know whether to be relieved or disappointed. The elders had expressed that no one was to go near the northerners, but eventually it would be unavoidable. She had prayed to the Goddess that the foreigners would come peaceful, but everyone seemed to think otherwise. Her toes would knead the ground, perhaps out of uncertainty. It had been so long since she spent any time with Shai that she wasn't entirely sure where she stood with him. His brother, on the other hand, had been perfectly clear.

"ọrọ"

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-22-2014, 10:19 PM

At one point in time Shai had been nearly inseparable from his dark hued brother, the once smaller of the two having lived to become the larger. It seemed at least one dream had come true. Skah was now just as tall as Shai and possesed the coveted title of Oracle?s Guardian. Now he would get lost in those thoughts, Gwena?s gentle gaze would bring him back slightly. He?d lift the corners of his lips into a smile, another attempt at reassuring her. "He wasn?t." He?d agree absently, at one time they had been best friends. She adopt a similar pose to him, not so easily changing the subject as she asked him about the northern wolves that had begun to appear. "I?ve only smelled them." He?d not come close enough to the foreigners yet to see one, but in his wanderings he?d caught their scent more than once. "Are you afraid?" He?d ask quietly as he looked into her gentle gaze, his own uncertainties painfully obvious in his own eyes.

"yoruban" "english"

Gwena

gems
size
build
player
10-22-2014, 10:29 PM

He would confirm her statement, Skah had been likable before. It seemed to be a rarity to come across the northerns, only their scents could be found. Perhaps none of them knew about the land bridge yet. When he asked if she was afraid, her crown would tip towards so she could look at him better. It was then that she could plainly see all the insecurities he held. She would scoot closer, just enough so that the tips of their fur brushed, enough to hopefully cause him some comfort. "A kekere, bẹẹni." Her words were a murmur, now that they were closer. There was so much about these strangers that was unknown. "Gbogbo eniyan dabi lati ro wipe ti won yoo mu iku ati ogun pẹlu wọn."

It pained her to not know. She did not want to see any of her family harmed. She would lean against Shai, her crown lowering back to her paws. Her gaze worried a nearby bush, as her ears flicked back loosely against her skull. Falling silent, she would find herself tossed around in the turmoil of her thoughts. She desperately hoped that soon, they would all find out if these wolves were a threat, or a friend. Perhaps some of them could be befriended. Had the Oracle thought of this? She made a mental note to again seek out the ivory prophet, to share her worries with the one that was to guide them.

"ọrọ"

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-22-2014, 10:50 PM

She?d take the answer he?d given her with ease, but his own question would cause her to stir. He?d come to notice their closeness as dark and light fur came to intermingle, her more delicate frame offering a comfort to him. She?d murmur the next words softly, their close proximity needing no more than soft whispers as the communed in that silent place. She?d echo the fears of nearly the whole tribe, the reason of their anxieties painfully obvious in those short words. "Do you think that?" He?d whisper to her as her form would rest against him, the warmth of her would break his concentration as he leaned into her touch. He too would silence himself as the forests lack of noise took back over, it felt like the whole world was holding its breath to see what these wolves would do. For now he?d find his gaze lingering on the she wolf beside him, he?d never been afforded the luxury of thinking of females before. At her touch though he?d find his thoughts scattered, still a genuine smile would touch at his lips for the first time since he?d lost his mother.

"Yoruban" "English"

Gwena

gems
size
build
player
10-22-2014, 11:02 PM

He would accept her closeness, leaning into her as his own whispers brushed against her. She didn't know what to think. "I think some of them could be befriended. How could an entire con intent survive if everyone was constantly trying to kill each other." Her voice never rose above a whisper. Worry etched into her features, pulling her lips down into a frown. His larger frame pressed against her, he could have curled up around her if he wanted to. For so long she had never thought of anyone within her tribe as more than a friend or family. But at his touch, as his warmth washed over, she became very aware of their closeness. "What do you think?" She would return the question, her crown turning so that she could look over him. A smile lifted his lips, one she hadn't seen in quite some time, and for a moment she didn't know what to think of it. His smiles had always been polite, properly timed, never really genuine. Had she done something he found amusing? Brows would furrow in momentary confusion, unsure of what to do next. He was close enough that she could feel his breath, his scent wrapped around her like a vice, masculine and every bit appealing. Perhaps this was his way of turning the subject into something lighter?

"ọrọ"

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-22-2014, 11:36 PM

She?d easily accept his return touch as well as the question he?d asked, Gwena would keep nothing from him as they quietly coaxed answers from each other. He?d had no intention of opening up to the younger girl, but it seemed those plans were soon crumbling to his feet. He?d digest her answer slowly, the logic to it piercing his own veil that had been set. Still she?d show her worry quite plainly as she returned the question. He?d be caught with the absent smile playing at his features, and for a moment he wouldn?t realize the reasoning behind the confusion in her face. He?d gently shake off the expression, their conversation no place for such emotions. He couldn?t think of her like that, not when so much was at stake. "I?ll wait to pass my judgement until i face them." he?d whisper deeply as his features had returned to a more somber expression. He?d suppress his errant thoughts as avert his gaze from her delicate features.

"yoruban" "english"

Gwena

gems
size
build
player
10-23-2014, 10:57 AM

His smile would fade, his entire expression steadily becoming serious once more. He was waiting to meet them before he would pass judgement on these strangers. That much she could understand, so much was unknown about them that waiting seemed to be the best option. His gaze would drift from hers and she would do the same. An easy silence surrounded them, enveloping them in their own private bubble. Unmoving, she remained pressed lightly again his side, finding comfort in his presence. She knew she should not be quite so aware of him, there were other things that needed her attention and devotion, but she couldn't help it. "I've missed you." The soft sentiment rolled off her tongue smoothly. It was true, she had been torn away from her childhood friends, but it seemed now the goddess was giving them all a chance to rekindle old relationships and make amends. Her gaze didn't shift towards him, remaining fixated on some insignificant object before her. His larger frame protected her from the bite of the autumn breeze that swirled around, occasionally picking up enough force to give flight to fallen leaves, his body heat encompassed her, making the idea of a nap quite enticing. The sounds of the forest were steadily quieting as autumn progressed, birds migrated, other creatures were bush forging so they could survive the cold winter months. What would this winter bring them? A storm had already ravaged the land and caused the land bridge, it was possible that winter would bring another storm.

"ọrọ"

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-23-2014, 11:53 AM

He?d breath deeply as the silence overwhelmed them once more, her presence beside him oddly comforting as he once again faced those all encompassing thoughts. His eyes would slide shut as he focused on the feeling of her dainty form at his side and the warmth she shared with him. The sound of her voice would cause his ears to swivel back onto his skull as his brows furrowed. Strange feelings would surface is result of her words as he ever so delicately shifted to hold her a little bit closer. He?d allow the silence to overwhelm them again as he strayed from his once righteous path and let thoughts of her swim in his mind. His decorated tail would curl around her hips as he shifted so one half-closed sun-hewn eye could behold her features. "I missed you, Gwena." He?d say quietly as he gazed upon her softly, letting himself realize the full meaning of his words. A gentle sigh would release from his lungs as he looked away once more, the uncertainty of the future again steering him away from thoughts of her.

"Yoruban" "English"

Gwena

gems
size
build
player
10-23-2014, 01:36 PM

He would stay silent for a long time. With her gaze averted, she missed the pulling back of his ears and the furrowing of his brows. Instead all she noticed was the pull his body as he pressed tightly against her, his decorated tail circling her hips. She wasn't entirely sure what to make of sparks of electricity that shot through her. When he did speak, his voice was a deep whisper, rumbling against her, even as a sigh rolled off his tongue. A small smile would curve the corners of her lips upward, though she said nothing. They had come to a point where she no longer knew what to say, where to steer the conversation. So instead she settled for silence, allowing herself to get lost in her thoughts. Thoughts that drifted toward their unknown future, but where interrupted by thoughts of him. Hips would flip to the side, causing her lean against him heavily. Legs stretched as she found herself perfectly at ease, oblivious to the turmoil of his own thoughts. They were total opposites. She was an open book, willing to share just about anything with those closest to her. While he had been more reserved, kept his feelings carefully locked away in a box that no one seemed to even know existed. His shifted position who put the clothe that surrounded his ankle right in her line of sight. She would stare with idle interest. She was one of the few that didn't have some sort of clothe, beads, or feathers attached to her. But she didn't mind, it simply set her apart from the rest, gave others a reason to notice her, since her mundane coloring was of no help.

"ọrọ"

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-23-2014, 09:10 PM

Though she said nothing he?d watch as her lips turned up into a small smile in response to his words and the new proximity. Her features would brighten with that small movement of her lips, a new beauty would appear before him and again he would repress his thoughts. Too long had duty been his number one priority, the freedom in his future was daunting. As he looked away he?d close his eyes again, letting himself feel the silence surround them again. He might have wanted to fall back into a meditative state, but thoughts of her would continue to interrupt him. He couldn?t just forget about how close she was, or forget about the warmth they shared together. She?d reposition herself, seemingly very comfortable as she stretched her legs and leaned into him. He couldn?t keep his eyes from her for long, he?d see her look at the decoration that adorned his wrist. "Skah and I found these together." He?d say, in much the same way she looked at the bracelet.

"Yoruban" "English"

Gwena

gems
size
build
player
10-23-2014, 09:27 PM

She could practically feel his gaze on her, but she didn't turn to meet his. She was enjoying the bubble that surrounded them. She enjoyed his warmth, and his touch. When he spoke, he had seen her staring at his cloths. He had found the cloth with his brother, which came as no surprise, Skah had similar cloths that wrapped his frame. He didn't object to her closeness, he didn't seem to object to anything. "That doesn't surprise me." She would laugh softly, a whimsical sound. The two brothers had once been inseparable. Her neck would stretch, grasping the fabric gently and giving it a soft tug. With the sudden lightning of mood, her crown would lift, her bodice propped up easily on slender elbows. "So, what shall we do with today?" She would offer him a dashing smile, her expression bright as she shrugged off the worry that plagued them both. Their lives would be wasted if they spent everyday worry over what may or may not happen. She wanted to live everyday to its fullest, full of happiness, fun and adventure. Her neck would crane, skull tipped back slightly so that her lavender gaze would clash with his. Her tail would thump slowly against the ground, bumping lightly against him. She hoped he would agree to join her, adventures were never fun when done alone.

"ọrọ"

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-23-2014, 09:50 PM

He didn?t realize that the emotion he was feeling was enjoyment, her gentle presence and the silence that they could sit in. He?d almost regret disturbing the peaceful silence as she retorted, he realized it would have been easy for her to guess. Her voice would turn into a gentle laugh, the sound oddly carefree in such a trying time. She?d take the lightness of their environment and take it a step further, tugging at the blue scarf playfully. He?d lift his own head as he shot her a curious glance, almost disappointed that she would retract her form from his side. Then she?d ask him what their plans were, and he?d furrow his brows slightly. When did they have plans to spend the day together? She?d meet his eyes once again and he would chuckle slightly as he shook his head. Was this how all women were? Not that he found himself wanting to deny her his presence. "The only plans I made today were with the goddess." He?d refer back to the meditation that had been disturbed when she?d found her way into his presence. "But if you lead, I?ll follow." His deep words were still a whisper as he watched her with a crooked smile on his features.

"yoruban" "english"

Gwena

gems
size
build
player
10-23-2014, 10:27 PM

He seemed a little baffle when she claimed the rest of his day for herself, but she would smile, coaxing him out of his shell. He had planned to spend the day with their goddess, but he was willing to go with whatever she wanted. She would rise, disappointed that her own plans and movement broke the contact between them. The cool air would rush the places he had warmed with his presence, shiver barely there shiver across her flesh. "The Goddess is always with us." She smirk, knowing that he had no argument against her logic. Her foreleg would lift to press against his shoulder, hard enough to knock him over if he allowed it. With that, she would dance away from him, light on her toes as she looked back over her shoulder at him, beckoning him to follow. Grapevines tangled the trees around them, the sun barely getting through. It might as well have been night with how little light there was. An idea would pop into her head. It was a game she hadn't played in so long, and was probably way to old to be playing, but she already liked the idea. She would shoot Shai a coy smile before darting away from him, springing lightly through the forest. She wouldn't stop until she had a decent head start on him, her gaze darted back and forth in search of the perfect hiding spot. When she found it, she would crawl within the hallowed out tree truck, one side concealed by dense brush and the other only covered by small branches and leaves, wiggling carefully into place. She had not given him an option, he had no choice but to seek her out now. Audits tipped forward, listening for his approach as she remained completely silent. Her heart thundered excitedly against her chest, butterflies filling up her belly. Lavender orbs would peer through the thick brush that concealed one side of the hallowed out tree, searching for Shai. A smile played continuously on her face, eyes dancing with mischief. She grew anxious waiting.

"ọrọ"