PRIMROSE PROMISES

Seth

gems
size
build
player
01-23-2014, 04:51 AM

SO SACRIFICE YOURSELF, AND LET ME HAVE WHAT'S LEFT

I know that I can find the fire in your eyes.

The youth had traveled south, his mind care-free, though he did move with a thought on his mind. It had been a long time since he had seen the pup Odette, and he wondered how she had fared. He had been a failure to her, drifting aimlessly around Glaciem territory, rather than helping her find the family she so desired, and he wondered if she was at least okay. Had she found her family? The youth had grown a lot in the passed time, and he wondered if she would even recognize him? Would she care to see him? Where had she gone? It was warmer in the south, that the smaller plants that resided under the willow trees were blooming, it was beautiful here, and he somewhat wished that Glaciem also had a tropical territory, somewhere where it was warmer, humid, and beach-like.

He moved quietly, his mind preoccupied, and he didn't want to draw negative attention to himself, he had yet to have any fighting training, spending more time fighting leaves and invisible wolves than a living creature. No, the lad couldn't deal with a fight, not when his mind was so preoccupied on one. Coming to a halt, he'd stare out his mind calling her. Odette.

Is it over yet? Let me in.SETH JAEGER

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-23-2014, 05:10 AM

Odette had been travelling nonstop. Even though she was a part of Valhalla and safely tucked under Chrysanthe's wing, her restless soul couldn't be contained. At eleven months, she continued to grow but she felt like it wasn't enough. So, she found herself in the West once again. A part of her would always appreciate the Western hemisphere of Alacritis and that made her restless paws content for the time being.
Her figure was still awkward in some parts. Gray and black legs were still lengthy and longer than her frame, but she didn't mind it. She knew how OCena looked as an adult and looked forward to carrying her mother's body with her father's height added to it. Red and blue eyes held the natural shimmer as she looked at the scenery around her. It was another unfamiliar terrain, but she took it in stride with each step. Secretly, Odette was looking for areas to practice sparring without getting too many injuries. She desired to fight, to be strong like her family, and that was the goal she intended to reach before becoming too old.
The willows began to sing as the wind picked up. Another storm was in the mix somewhere, but she didn't worry about it then. Instead, a familiar scent from her childhood flashed across her nose and she became more alert. Focused, Odette followed the male's scent that was mixed with Glaciem, making her nose wrinkle as she came upon the white and black form. He was looking ahead and away from her, but she approached him from his left side before clearing her throat. "Seth?" she inquired softly, hoping that the eye she was looking at was the same one that watched her protectively the night they spent in her old den.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Seth

gems
size
build
player
01-23-2014, 05:41 AM

The young brute had been unaware at the approach of another, and when a voice spoke, inquiring him. They knew his name. He turned his head, expecting a pack-mate but was shocked when his eye landed on a slightly familiar form. Taking in a breath, he recognized the smell, but she looked so different. The pup he had taken care of had grown, into a beautiful she-wolf. A smile pulled at his jaws, has he turned his torso towards her, a greeting bubbling at his jaws. "Odette?" He questioned her name, before stepping towards her his tail loosely wagging behind her. How amazing it seemed that he just was thinking of her and she was there.

She had grown impressively and looked well, a face he would comment on. "You've grown! How are you?!" He'd ask in excited tones, the wagging of his tail becoming rapid as he looked at her. How had she been? Was she angry with him? Had she found her family? He had so many questions bubbling inside of him and he wasn't sure what to ask first. Deciding it would be better to let her answer what he had already said, he waited for a response, to gauge her feelings. They had both grown in the time that had lapsed, but he wondered what she saw when she looked at him. Had he changed outwardly or was all of his growth mental?

Speech,

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-01-2014, 01:21 AM

If she had been a bashful type of girl, Odette would have shied away and blushed without the blink of an eye. However, the part of Gargoyle that she had inherited prevented her from openly displaying such an act. So, instead of being coy, Odette's eyes continued to sparkle and a smile proceeded to spread across her smooth face. "One can only hope that I am doing the right thing by letting it happen," she chided, humor dancing beneath the words that left her tan lips.
Seth asked how she was in the same breath of stating that she had grown. It made Odette think and she allowed her tail to lazily wag behind her frame in silence until she spoke again. "I have been all right, exploring this large continent as before. Except, this time I have found a home...It wasn't expected, but it happened and I am quite content with where I am." She wasn't sure if revealing her location to Seth was wise, for they had only befriended each other once before their current encounter. "What about you, Seth? How have you been? Good, I hope."

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Seth

gems
size
build
player
02-11-2014, 01:09 AM

He moved closer to her, stopping a few feet away and resting back on his rump as she began speaking. A loose smile formed on his jaws, and he was glad to hear that she was doing well. He couldn't miss the smell that clung to her, a smell he recognized from the Valhallan wolves that Glaciem had taken prisoner. Odette was part of Valhalla now. Would it be wrong to ask her about it? He had never been very good with politics, and pack interactions. A chuckle left him at her words, clearly joking with him. And he replied quickly to her with a loud laugh, "I'd be surprised if you could have stopped it!" She went on to answer his question about how she was doing and he nodded enthusiastically as she spoke. Then as she went on to ask about how he had been he contemplated it for several moments before he would reply. "I'm okay. I've been exploring as well, trying to find my place in this world... though sometimes I wonder if my place is here, in Alacritis." He spoke simply, he hadn't really found a niche for himself, and felt displaced. He would be quiet for a moment, and then breach the topic that he had been mulling over. "So you've joined Valhalla?" He would ask simply, hoping she was really happy, but not overly worried about her packs rivalry with his.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-25-2014, 06:02 AM

Seth explained his own ventures for his calling to his life and she nodded in agreement. The restlessness of such a task would always be taunting her, calling her to leave the pack for that day, just so she could see what the world had in store for her. It felt nice to have someone like her out there, who didn't really know what he wanted. To have Seth wanting to find out and explore by doing so was a nice change of pace for Odette.
When he inquired about her joining Valhalla, the conversation seemed to veer in a cooler direction. Her ears lightly flattened against her head and her eyes lost their merry twinkle. She wrapped her tail tightly around her paws and her open nature slowly pulled back. "Yes. I have joined Valhalla. I have my family there and I don't intend to lose them by any means." She didn't know where Seth stood in regards to pack politics, but she hoped that he wasn't like the surly ruler that had made the war such a horrible experience for her pack.
Even though she had pulled back into her shell, she mentally stuck her head back out from it. Curiosity swelled in her chest and she sighed softly before looking out at the water. "I hope that my place in Valhalla doesn't change your opinion of who I am or the friendship we have made from the first day we met." She wasn't dealing with hot water, but she knew that the conversation could get that way if the wrong words were voiced instead of remaining in their minds.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Seth

gems
size
build
player
02-25-2014, 12:11 PM

He watched her for a moment, noting how her ears flattened against her head, and how her friendliness nearly seemed to dull. She spoke, agreeing with his nose that she had indeed joined Valhalla, and he nodded slowly, maintaining his relaxed pace. He was debating on what he should say to her, how he should react to this, when she spoke again and he felt his ears prick up, a slight smile would come to his jaws. "Odette, you could live with a pack of badgers and I'd be happy as long as you were happy." He said jokingly, then realized that she may infer that he was calling Vahalla badger-like. "Not that Vahalla is badger like! I'm just saying... a-as long as you're happy, then I'm thrilled for you." He stammered nervously, hoping he didn't offend her. He waited a moment, and spoke again. "I really don't follow pack politics anyways." He added as an after-thought, a slight furrow in his brows. "You found your family?" He asked, brightening as he realized he had nearly missed her earlier statement. Had she found her parents? Or her siblings? Or was it extended family? He would watch her curiously, wondering what she would have to say about her family, and wondering how their friendship would progress from here. Could they really set aside the mountainous rivalries of their packs or would that eventually tear them apart? He hoped not. He hoped they could work past it, he'd do what he could to protect her and remain loyal to Glaciem- he just hoped the feuds between the packs wouldn't come to another siege, he was getting old enough that he'd soon be expected to participate and he wouldn't want to fight Odette or Odette's family.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
03-06-2014, 01:18 AM

Odette Adravendi

He reassured her that he didn't focus on pack politics and her bristling form relaxed. Her ears slowly perked and she broke her gaze from the ocean to the white form next to her. When he also said that he was happy when she was, she couldn't help but give a toothy grin. "Do you really mean that, Seth?" To have a friend in an enemy pack was risky, but she felt that he didn't have any intentions to hurt her by choice. Likewise, in fact; however, if the time came for them to be at war again, she would choose her pack's priorities over her own.
Seth then inquired of her finding her family and a glimmer of happiness showed itself in her eyes. The topic was close to Odette's heart and to have him ask about it made her appreciate him all the more. "I did, but not my mama and papa." A hint of sadness was evident in her voice, but she continued. "I found my Aunt Chrysanthe, whom is related to my papa by adoption. In turn, she took me in and adopted me as her daughter. I call her 'Mother' now, and it is a name I don't want to take back." She kept the grin on her face as she thought of her wonderful mother. Hard to believe she hadn't found her sooner.
Then, she remembered the small reunion she had with Galahad and Oracle. Her heart rate increased and she kept Seth's gaze with her own. "I did reunite with my brother and sister. My littermates, of whom I hadn't seen in a long time. They were all grown up, Seth, and it felt weird to see them like that. Now that I've found them, I don't want to lose them again..." She sighed softly and her smile faltered. "They live in one world and I live in another...how am I supposed to accept that?"

I speak

Art||Plotter