Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-17-2014, 09:38 PM
The distant lands that she had known for most of her life etched inside her mind. Everything she knew disappeared in a blink of an eye like a lost memory.
It had been a week since she had left the old male to set off on her own new journey. The sun beat down on her, and everything felt hot and made her fur wet with the sweat that dripped from her skin and into her pelt.
The she-wolves emerald optics scanned around, seeing no one or anything she could use to find a nice home or something to keep her from the intensity of the rays.
"I need to get out of this sun," She thought to herself as she panted rapidly to try and cool herself off.
There was nothing to be seen as she lied down to try and relax.

Elan

gems
size
build
player
01-17-2014, 10:37 PM

Dusty and bone dry, the riverbed didn't have a speck of water to be seen anywhere. Elan sighed and scratched at his ear. Why had he wanted to come to the desert anyway? With a sigh the adventurous brute continued on his way to find... well... he didn't know what exactly he was looking for but he was pretty sure it was across this vast desert, surely?

The wolf kept up a steady pace and soon came upon a dark-colored she-wolf who was laying down and panting heavily. Elan looked around but he didn't see any immediate shelter. The best thing the both of them could do would be to keep on moving and find a patch of shade. Maybe where the rim of the river bed was steeper. Either that or... a short ways away rested a fallen tree bleached white by the sun. "Hey, miss? You ok there?"

Clearing my throat?
[Image: Elan_bot_zps953357d1.jpg]

ooc: sorry it's a bit short. xD

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-17-2014, 10:47 PM
[SIZE=1][SIZE=7][I][FONT=Times]

Esperanza had heard the male and turned her head slightly. She wished she had a more lighter pelt to help keep herself cooler from the sun's rays of intense and overpowering heat. Her ears flicked and her emerald eyes met those of the brute next to her.

"Yes, I'm fine," she bellowed as she stood up on her legs. She continued to pant lightly as she shook her body to get the sand that had landed on her dark pelt.

She wished she had had shelter. How she wished she were in a cooler land and had a nice swim or drink from the cold water that she longed for. Her head and body began to shake from the loss of water that became to overcome her, and every time she tried to take a step, it seemed that her body was giving in on her, and she had no choice but to lie down and get blasted by the heat.

"What is your name...?" she asked over pants as she tried to keep herself cool again.

Elan

gems
size
build
player
01-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Oh and Esper if you want to use your tags don't forget to finish them. you have the beginning down but you'll need to put [/i] at the end of it so. The slash lets it know to stop applying the style.

CODE

at the beginning and at the end

Elan wondered how long she'd been out here in this heat. It was clear from her panting that she wasn't doing so well and he couldn't blame her, he was start to pant to and it was clear he was sweating heavily. Elan's coat was lighter in color but thick, wooly and matted and that didn't do to help get rid of extra heat.

The femme insisted she was fine as she stood up but Elan was sure that neither of them were as well as they could be. As she stumbled he moved in beside her so that she could lean on him for support if she needed to. "Hey take it easy, we both need to get out of this heat before we roast alive. If we move to the ridge the bank forms over there we should be able to get a bit of shade." Then maybe he could dig and see if there was any water left in this sandy pit.

"I'm Elan Rakshiel. What's yours? And, if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing out her in this place anyway?"

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Her eyes showed some signs of blurry vision as she could slightly hear the male, but she knew she was slipping fast from loss of water and extra body heat. Her fur color wasn't doing wonders to her body in a good way, and she wished to get away from the sun as fast as she could. The brute let her lean on him, and she very thankful for she felt like she couldn't concentrate from the lacking water supply inside of her body.

"My name is Esperanza Aurora, but you can call me Esper..." she managed to cough out from her weakened state and soon started to walk. She knew the male would be a bit confused when she began to walk again without assistance. Her body just had a mind of it's own sometimes when she wasn't herself. "And I was just walking, trying to find a nice home for the time being since I left my other one." She replied quietly yet truthfully and, yet again, crashes to the sandy floor. Dust and sand covered the top of her body as she coughed and winced when the burning sand and dust entered her nasal passageways.

How she wished she were in the shade. The heat was intensifying greatly, and from the fur that let the heat inside, it felt like she were burning in a fire with no way out. Why she decided to come into this barren wasteland, she wasn't quite sure, but she knew she was never going to make that stupid mistake twice.

Elan

gems
size
build
player
01-18-2014, 09:27 PM

Elan was relieved that at least the sun was starting its downward turn? but it would still be hours before sunset and they couldn't wait that long. He started moving forward for the little patch of shade, his steps slow but certain to make sure he didn't accidentally cause the fae to fall. As she leaned against him he could feel her warmth. Goodness, how long had she been out here?

The femme introduced herself as Esperanza and as she moved she started to walk unassisted. Elan wanted to give her space but at the same time he didn't want her to fall so he kept stubbornly close by her side. She explained that she was just trying to find a home since being left on her own. Suddenly, she collapsed. Elan realized that maybe he shouldn't be asking her all these questions.

"Come on Esperanza, just a little ways further and you'll be out of the sun!" Elan stood near the fae at an angle, using his body to block the sun and offer her some shade. If only there was prey of some kind, that would be one source of water, but the wolf imagined any other creatures were snug safe in their dens until nightfall. "I understand though? I've been wandering for quite some time myself. I don't know if I want to join a pack, but I do feel like I've been searching for something. I just don't know what."

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-18-2014, 10:13 PM
Esperanza nodded to the brute as she her shaking form stood as her paws protested from the fae moving at all. The sensitive pads of her feet burned like they were on fire from the desert. She continued to pant as the water began to exit her tongue and evaporate from the one hundred degree temperature.
Her eyes were getting heavy and she wished for sleep to overcome her. But that would be impossible since the heat was smoldering and made it much worse. The fur did slightly protect her from getting sun burn, but she could still burn.

The male had helped her up and she was thankful for letting him letting her lean on his form. Every time she tried to take a step, her paw would go out from under her and she collapsed from fatigue. The woman felt like she had ran around the world and was now getting the chance to rest. But, she could not enjoy the soothing rest when the burning sun, and sand made it uncomfortable for her.

Elan

gems
size
build
player
01-19-2014, 11:20 AM

Elan kept his eyes on the goal. They were so close, just a little bit farther? Elan swallowed only to experience the awful dry, scratchy feeling. He was also starting to feel a bit light-headed but he was persistent. Now, he just hoped that there was water there?. surely if it rained in this desert a good portion of the water would be channeled into this riverbed courtesy of gravity.

Then finally, they stepped into shade! The western lip of the riverbed was just enough to block the sun and allow the pair of wolves some shade. But they weren't out of danger yet. Shade was great but they needed water. Elan tested the ground til he found a reasonable spot and then he began to dig, chipping away at the ground with his claws. Just keep digging?. just keep digging, digging, digging?. It was like a mantra in the wolf's head as he continued his pursuit. Come on?. come on?.

"Esper? the dirt here is a bit cooler. Maybe it will help you cool down." Elan hit clay. Ohhh he was so close?. there had to be water just had to.

Clearing my throat?

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Esperanza heard Elan speak of water as she lay down in the cool shade. Her body began to continue shaking, but only for a small bit of time. Her fur whipped around slightly as some of the breeze from the shade cooled her, but not entirely for sand had hit her black form and made it appear like she had brown splotches on her coat.

She finally had enough energy from the shade to open her eyes and looked at the way Elan was digging away at the clay. She stood and began to paw away at the clay also, no matter how tired she was.

Elan

gems
size
build
player
01-22-2014, 06:53 PM

Piles of dirt and clay were beginning to form near the small hole as Elan continued digging, sweat starting to drip off his nose. Determination though kept him going and the ground was getting softer and softer filling him with confidence and more drive to keep going. Esper suddenly start to dig as well. "Esper, it's alright, I've got it, " he panted, though he had no idea if she'd listen. Either way it was soon before they hit was.

Elan let out a shout of joy. "WHOO! Look at that Esper!" He kept digging, dry, hot paws hit the lukewarm pool as he worked to expand it until they had a small puddle about the a foot in diameter. Exhausted he flopped down next to the pool and with a grin he spoke. "Ladies first!"

Clearing my throat?

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Esperanza lapped at the water that she had been hoping to have for some time. A smile crept over her features and moved away so she could let Elan drink. The water ran down her throat and into her gullet, quenching her thirst.

"Thank you," The femme spoke thankfully as she lied down and placed her cranium onto her forepaws as her optics scanned the area. She could hear a few howls from coyotes, but figured they were nothing to worry about.

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Esperanza lapped at the water that she had been hoping to have for some time. A smile crept over her features and moved away so she could let Elan drink. The water ran down her throat and into her gullet, quenching her thirst.

"Thank you," The femme spoke thankfully as she lied down and placed her cranium onto her forepaws as her optics scanned the area. She could hear a few howls from coyotes, but figured they were nothing to worry about.

Elan

gems
size
build
player
01-25-2014, 07:44 PM

Esperanza took her turn at the water first and Elan leaned against the river back to let his body rest. He was grateful for the water. More grateful than he could express. If he'd dug and found nothing it was almost certain to be a death sentence. In the distance he heard howling coyotes and he stood up ears flicking in the direction of the sound. For the most part coyotes weren't dangerous to adult wolves but they were a lone pair, both weak.

As soon as Esper had finished Elan took his own turn to drink. Gulping down the water at a rapid pace. When he'd finished he looked up licking his lips. "So where are you headed Esper?" As the words left his lips he heard a soft rumble in the distance. Thunder? He ignored it. Most storms didn't make it over the mountains.

Clearing my throat?

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Esperanza heard the thunder rumble throughout the land. She put her nostrils to the air as they flared from the smell of the storm. She placed her cranium down and shook her head, "Nowhere in particular," she spoke out, lying down on the desert floor as the sand parted away as her belly landed on it.

The coyotes could be seen and she snarled in warning at them as they tried to approach, sensing the weakness in them. Esperanza stood on her paws, doing mock lunges, but the coyotes paid no heed to her playful like behavior. Soon, the sky became dark as it drew her attention, feeling a droplet of rain on her nose. Her lobes heard the sound of rumbling, and lightning flashed throughout the land as the sand became damp from the droplets that poured down from the heavens.

"We must seek shelter," Esper barked to Alen and began to lead to way, where she was going to find a den, she wasn't so sure, but she continued on her way, hoping Alen would follow after her.

Elan

gems
size
build
player
01-27-2014, 11:21 PM

The roar of thunder got louder and carried with it a rush of wind. Elan frowned. Had they dug so desperately for water only to be moments away from being drenched in it? To make matters worse along came a pack of coyotes? just great. Elans fur and hackles rose, his lips peeling back to show pearly white teeth and and a gravelly snarl. "Back off scavengers!" He dove for one, fangs landing a glancing blow on the creatures backside sending it yelping away. Elan whirled around quickly to snap at another that tried to sneak up behind him. Bloody scavengers!

A sudden boom and it started to rain. Of all the luck. Esper barked to him and he nodded. She was right. They needed to get out of this river bed. It was bound to flood. Racing along he pulled up beside her but fell back a bit to let her lead, eyes searching desperately for a suitable place. The coyotes gave chase but rested and refreshed after the water the pair of wolves soon left the maggot eaters behind.

Clearing my throat?

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Esperanza could smell the water as it began to soak her coat as it caused her to look soggy and dirty. She couldn't find any shelter at all, and she was soon starting to get tired as the sand soon became muddy and causing her paws to slip frequently. The storm started to get worse as the wind began to increase and caused her to sometimes be pushed back. Every time she moved, she was just sent back beside Alen. "This damn wind," the ebony dame muttered under her breath as she tried to keep her paws from gliding, digging her ebony claws into the sandy region. Her eyes continued to shift as she tried to look for a sufficient shelter.

Elan

gems
size
build
player
01-29-2014, 07:15 PM

Where on earth had this storm come from?! Elan worked to pick up the pace trying hard to keep his balance as the rain churned the sand and dirt into mud and silt. Taking a running start he leapt out of the river bed they'd been traveling in thus far. It was bound to act like a basin and start collecting the majority of the water. The wind was picking up as well, dam!

Elan's eyes narrowed and then he saw it! A large nest of sagebrush lay not to far away. It was the best shelter they'd be able to find. "Come on!" Elan raced toward the shelter, slipping once on the way there but he quickly regained his balance and dove into the mass of sage brush, worming his way under the thick branches, hoping Esper was right behind him.

Clearing my throat?

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Esperanza dashed right into the sage brush as her pelt started to get moved around from the brush. Her emerald orbs heeded her acquaintances suggestion for the resting spot ever since the storm began to get more ferocious. The water had came in large drops onto her ebony pelt as she shook the remnants of the water off. Her optics began to scan the male's form, making sure there were no injuries that needed to be treated. The brood knew how to work with almost anything that was around her for healing, but seeing that the brute was alright, then she could relax a bit more as the large rush of rain, thunder, and lightning came into contact with their surroundings. She could scent the rush of water that ran down the sand, causing it to flood within a short amount of time. Her form slid down as she panted slightly, showing her salmon tongue that slightly hung the tip of it down her lips. "Are you alright?" She asked, panting continuously as she looked into the optics of the male before her.

Elan

gems
size
build
player
02-01-2014, 04:41 PM

The scent of sage filed the air as it began to rain harder. The hot sand mixing with the cool rain to form steam along the ground and the rapidly evaporating water was thickening the air with humidity. Above him the thunder cracked and rolled. Hopefully though the storm would be short as desert ones often were. Elan tried shaking his coat out again but it did little good in the down pour. At least the brush was providing some nice shelter.

He turned to Esper. "Who me? Yea, I'm fine. Just a bit soggy. How about yourself?" Suddenly, he started laughing. "What a day, huh? From scorching hot and dry to a torrential downpour."

Clearing my throat?

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-02-2014, 11:22 AM
The rain poured as the downpour continued to come down in large droplets like a shower would to a human. Her radioactive colored eyes looked into the ones of Elan and nodded, "I'm fine as well," she spoke out in a gentle and friendly tone, "yeah, life happens to throw a lot of unexpected surprises at us." The humidity started to dissolve the coldness of the drops of rain and caused the clouds to soon disperse from the sandy region. The ebony femme poked her head out as the sound of the coyotes returned, this time with mournful whines and howls of their own. Esperanza could sense the sadness in the air from them. Apparently one of the coyotes must've not found shelter in time, or had collapsed in the flood waters and had drowned. The ebony brood understood that life could be cruel, but seeing someone who had just been trying to survive not survive at all, it brought a few tears to her eyes. She walked through the soggy sand and saw a female coyote laying in the sand, life completely sucked out from her, as well as the bundles of life that lay inside of her that had not even seen the world yet. "I am sorry for him, but there is nothing I can do for a deceased animal."