ardent

final goodbye

Seraphim

gems
size
build
player
01-03-2014, 02:26 PM

Coming off his chance meeting with Artemis, Seraphim made his way back to his private den in the rock garden to spend what was quite possibly his last night alone. He had come to terms with the possibility of dying - he had no wish for death, but he was comfortable with it. His life had been full enough for him. Granted, there were things he wished for. He wished that he could truly reconcile with all of his children. He wished they could understand his caring for them through their mother's brainwashing. He wanted Eris and he wanted to see Devya continue to grow into the strong woman he knew she someday would. Part of him even wished to return to his original pack to see how his sister's rule was going.

But he would be okay without these things. Seraphim had gotten more than he had wanted or asked for out of his life, however short it may end up being. Thus, with the knowledge that he was ready for whatever would come his way, the brute sat atop the overhang of his den and watched the stars for maybe his last time.

Speech
Thought
Others

Codeine

gems
size
build
player
01-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Their family was supposed to be something great - and yet Codiene would question it. With every thought, each step he would question it. For he had seen no greatness yet, only another scattered family, another spread out group of wolves that barely knew each other in the long run. They weren't anything to each other - and yet Codeine's loyalty would not be dettered. Speaking with Artemis had shown him only one thing - that their family had split up instead of forming the unit that they were supposed to be. He hated Devya, because she was an outsider... but Seraphim? He couldn't hate his father without knowing that he had actually abandoned them, without hearing from his own mouth that he didn't give a damn about them.

It wasn't easy to track him down, but when he finally did, it was beneath the stars. Codeine would stare at the man, wondering whether the old lupine had picked up on his scent or whether he was as at peace and oblivious as he seemed to be in this moment. "Where have you been old man?" He would ask, and although his tone was less than happy to see the other, his lips would lift in a smirk. "Artemis and Morphine are ready to take your fucking head. What did you do to them?" He would ask, getting straight to the point - he wasn't one to beat around the bush. Yet he wouldn't demand it, would approach the other brute quietly before plopping down beside him.

He had no respect for anyone but his mother - but this man had sired him. He appreciated him for at least that much.

Seraphim

gems
size
build
player
01-04-2014, 12:56 PM

A familiar scent crossed him as he sat, but he did not react, allowing the boy to choose when and how to approach the father he had not seen since the very early days of his life. Codeine had been off on his own, unaware of what had transpired among the members of his family, uneducated on their less-than-amiable falling-out. Seraphim wondered what his son had heard since returning from wherever he had been, and hoped it hadn't been too scathing.

Patiently he listened to Codeine's questions, but waited until the boy took his seat beside him to respond. I have been here, as I always am, he began, offering a small smile in return. As for your mother and sister wanting to take my head, I can tell you what you've missed. When Morphine lost Tortuga and I chose to remain and serve as beta to the new leader, she was less than happy. Artemis was already upset with me because I offered to care for a starving, abandoned child and raise her as another daughter instead of letting your siblings taunt and abuse her. He glanced down at the boy for a brief moment before returning his gaze to the night sky.

Morphine decided that since I had betrayed her, that she would attempt to take my life if I had any relationship with you, Artemis, or Ares. Since then, I have merely been getting my affairs in order. These last words caused his smile to broaden slightly. Truly he had never intended to stay away from his children for long. They were his blood just as much as they were Morphine's. He would always come back to them.

Speech
Thought
Others