ardent

Staff Applications

Deteste

gems
size
build
player
01-09-2014, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 07:28 PM by Deteste.)

STAFF APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN

Alacritians! As you have all seen we've redone Alacritis quite a bit; improving and adding on in the spirit of a new year. Given our fresh start, we're looking to add 2 moderators to the staff team. Applications are open to any current Alacritis member but keep in mind that we will be considering your activity and attitude when we review your application. Make sure you have enough time and dedication to be part of the staff team before applying.

If you're considering filling out an application, there are a couple different duties you can choose from. We currently have our moderators in charge of 2 duties each, so in your application please list which two you're interested in doing. Post your application in this thread.

MODERATOR DUTIES & DESCRIPTIONS

GENERAL DUTIES: This isn't one of the duties you can pick from, but is an additional duty to the two you will pick from below. Your two duties will be your priority, and admins will check on a weekly basis if you are completing them. But when you have extra time you are expected to help out with other duties, including archiving threads, accepting characters, completing maintenance requests and completing gem transactions. You're also expected to keep a calm and friendly presence in the chat-box and report and quell any misbehavior that you may witness.

CHARACTER ACCEPTANCE: You're expected to check the character creation forum daily. You will review profiles to insure they've been completed correctly, accepting character applications, consulting players who have incomplete applications, activating new character accounts, and adding new characters to the player database.

ARCHIVING THREADS: You're expected to check certain boards on a daily basis for old or completed threads. You will be assigned to certain boards if you choose this duty. These boards will be your priority but you will also be expected to complete your general duties as a staff member.

GEMSTONE STORE: You're expected to check the gemstone store on a daily basis for pending orders. You will be completing transactions, subtracting gems from various accounts and archiving orders once complete.

APPLICATION

CODE

OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME:
DUTY 1: Please make sure you read the duty descriptions.
DUTY 2: Note that "General Duties" is not an option for this field.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN STAFF?:
Please type a short paragraph explaining why you would like to join staff and what you think you will contribute to Alacritis.

Jaeger

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-09-2014, 07:33 PM
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: tiff
DUTY 1: char acceptance
DUTY 2: archiving

i'll give out sexual favors i've been part of ala since it twas but a babe and i love everyone here <3 and i like contributing, and keeping things organized and smooooth. i've also had lots of staff experience, on eop host c:
!! jae wears a full deer carcass (excluding legs) draped over himself

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
01-09-2014, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 08:42 PM by Amalia.)
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: MUSE
DUTY 1: Character Acceptances
DUTY 2: Gemstore Requests

I always enjoy staff duties above everything else. Even if I don't have muse to write (like I haven't lately), I enjoy little odd job tasks. I personally think I could help out around Ala, as I've been here a lot and I know the rules very well. I'm a senior moderator on Valoria, and I have experience with ACP on a site I was attempting to set up called Renothe. Therefore, I will probably know what to do right away without any instruction. I'm also currently a judge, and would love to find other ways to help out on site. c:

Alamea

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
01-09-2014, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 09:30 PM by Alamea.)
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Lolaf
DUTY 1: Character Acceptances
DUTY 2: Archiving threads

Much like Muse says even when I am not doing much posting I tend to hang around and look for little tasks I can do. I would also love to be able to help the site run more smoothly. I also have a fair bit of experience with being staff having been an admin on two of my own sites as well as a mod on a fair number of other sites.

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
01-10-2014, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 12:02 AM by Vereux.)
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Seimei
DUTY 1: Character acceptance
DUTY 2: Gemstore purchases

I've been on ala for a long time, though many of us have. But I think it'd be fun to help out. I'm on nearly every day, and if I'm not making posts I'm still hovering around the chat box so I could just make myself useful on staff xD. I think it'd be a great opportunity for me to grow and get some hands on experience on what the wonderful staff do here on Ala. That's why I want to join the staff.

Sephiroth

gems
size
build
player
01-10-2014, 12:16 AM
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Dragon
DUTY 1: Character Acceptance
DUTY 2: Archiving Threads

Simply put, I am on 24/7. When I'm not posting, I lurk about even at work. I literally live on Ala and I always do my best to answer questions that need answering as a good samaritan should to the best of my knowledge. I currently am working as a programmer for an underground game company that is set to be released on PC sometime next year, so I do have experience under my belt for code stuff. As of late, and with co-managing another site, I have found a new sense of the need to have structure and order within the RP gaming community. Often times things can get out of hand, and I would like to help keep things civil and be the mediator of sorts to ensure that this site remains a safe and friendly environment for players young and old. I have a ton of time on my hands, and I often see things go untouched in maintenance, gem store, or character creation for days as players pester for them to be done. I would like to gain the opportunity to be able to aid in these fields so that Admins and coders and such can focus on making the site better and all that important stuff. I have knowledge of invisionfree as well as a few other boards and program sites as well. :)

Pandora

gems
size
build
player
01-10-2014, 02:39 AM

OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Wynn
DUTY 1: Archiving
DUTY 2: Gemstore

I have been on Alacritis ever since May of 2013 (thanks to Nyx inviting me) and I have witnessed the changes this site has gone through. My level of activity has been maintained at a steady pace and I don't hesitate to offer help when it is within my range of knowledge to assist. The members here have been good to me and I want to show my appreciation by being good to them as well. Also, it seems that there are a lot of threads and gem purchases that are scattered throughout Ala that need tending to, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it. =]

Magnus 1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-10-2014, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 07:43 AM by Magnus 1.)
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Arwen
DUTY 1: Character acceptance
DUTY 2: Gemstone store

I have been on ala for a while now (thanks to Rina :D), and in that time it has become a huge part of my life. I think that it would be great to help out, and keep the peace and the flow. Even when I'm not doing replies, I'm always lurking and since I'm Scottish I'm up when most of you are sleeping. Although I have no experience as staff I think that this would be a great way to gain some <3

Haku

gems
size
build
player
01-10-2014, 11:56 AM
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Rina
DUTY 1: Archiving
DUTY 2: Gemstore Purchases

I have been on Ala for close to ten months now. It was my first role-playing site ever. I have definitely improved my writing skills here and have made some really good friends. I come on to the site at least once a day, even if it's just to lurk. I really want to help people have the best time possible here and to help improve the site even further. Being in Scotland I can be on at the times all you on the other side of the Atlantic can't be. This could improve cbox and general moderating.

S'alkrie

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-10-2014, 01:20 PM
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Luisiana
DUTY 1: Accepting characters
DUTY 2: Gemstone store.

Id like to try out for being a staff simply because i have a lot of spare time. I have some experience with accepting characters and archiving. Basically- i would like to help this site and fill up some of my time because this is an awesome community. Im also extremely active here on Alacritis and im fully committed.

Skadi

gems
size
build
player
01-10-2014, 01:36 PM
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Denden
DUTY 1: Character Acceptance!
DUTY 2: Gemstore purchases

I have no life, so I'm on Ala all the time, and I constantly post and such, but I think I should be doing more here. It's a bad habit I guess, to feel like a useless blob, but if I'm even just accepting characters and cleaning up the gem store purchases, I'll feel like I'm helping out quite a bit. When there's no replies for me to do, instead of just throwing out a million open threads to pass time, I'll go through the gem store and character acceptance to see if there's any work to be done. Which will probably keep everything really tidy since most of the time I get all my posts done in like a half hour and have the next three hours to do nothing but cbox it up. Plus, I won't mind if peeps bug me to accept their characters or anything like that.

Ashtoreth

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-10-2014, 01:55 PM
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Mouser
DUTY 2: Archiving Threads (although anything is fine)

If Ala needs the help, then I want to offer what I can. This place is my main site and I don't want to see it fall behind in any way, so I'll be willing to do what I can via phone to pick up some slack and/or take some of the weight. Honestly, I feel like the staff team is competent enough as is to get things done so I don't know if there's anything new I could contribute, but I think I could at least keep things running smoothly as they have been these past couple of weeks.

Isardis

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-10-2014, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 09:32 PM by Isardis.)
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Yumpy
DUTY 2: Archiving?

I can't offer endless hours a day as I may have been able to once before, but even when I'm not posting I pop in regularly through the day. Being in Australia, I'm on in very quiet times and there are often new characters waiting acceptance; I am capable of going through these when the rest of you are sleeeeping, or working ;) I'm familiar with most of the rules by now, having been a member for a couple years or so (and staff would know I have asked a stupid amount of questions lolol), and I'd like to think I'm approachable.

Laxago

gems
size
build
player
01-11-2014, 02:29 AM
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: azil
DUTY 1: character acceptance
DUTY 2: thread archival

Why do I want to join or why should I join? I'll give you both! c: I know I haven't been back to Alacritis long, but I sure hope I'm doing a good job showing good character and activity since I have returned. Alacritis was a big part of my life before I left and I intend to make it a big part of my life again, hopefully by just focusing on one character. I know, understand, and enjoy the basis for the site in general and I typically take great pleasure in helping sites to improve and continue evolving over time. I was, as you all know, an administrator previously here onsite and quite thoroughly revamped the way the staff team was run (granted, my alterations weren't perfect, as nothing ever is one the first try around). My point is, I know this site well; I know how it works, I know what is looked for in staff, and I know how to do the duties listed. I've owned and run a number of sites, currently own the East of Paradise server, and can contribute coding and graphics knowledge to the site among other talents. (Basically, I'm awesome.)

Sin

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Dragon Mod
01-11-2014, 07:09 PM
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: Sasuke/Kenji
DUTY 1: Gemstore Purchases
DUTY 2: Archiving, character acceptance (I am capable of working with anything)

WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN STAFF?: I believe I will be able to contribute much to this site. As a multi-site owner in Japan, I have my own chain of websites both RPG and non RP that I manage, and I am on top of 24/7. Never does my work fall behind, and my time here can be used more effectively when I have no threads to reply to. As my time zone is fairly different, in that way being I am up when most everyone is sleeping, I can effectively and quickly get jobs done. I have much experience with it, I have been a site owner and roleplayer for 15+ years, and I can help the site become better and run more smoothly. Coding experience is a major plus on my part, as I work with game developers of both PC and console. I would also like to ensure the rules are followed, the site is friendly for all, and to eliminate any problems that may arise in the future be it fixing certain parts of the site, or ensuring players remain courteous and polite to one another. I myself have no quarrels with anyone here, as there is no reason for it. I would like to ensure everyone gets along, and if problems arise then people are welcome to talk to me in order to get the issue resolved.

Nytiri

gems
size
build
player
01-11-2014, 08:23 PM
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME:
DUTY 2: Gemstone Store

I would like to be considered as a moderator because I have experience as I am on a moderator and admin on another site and have been for two years now. I am constantly lurking when I am not posting and I am almost always on. I'd like to get more involved in the community right here on Ala and would love it if I could do this as a moderator.

�owyn

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-13-2014, 01:41 PM
OUT-OF-CHARACTER NAME: ?owyn
DUTY 2: Archiving Threads

This is a longshot, but why not?

Hello everyone, Ala members and staff, I know I am rather new here but already I feel at home like I've been here forever. With me having a fast internet connection and no life it means I can be very active and I do not intend on leaving anytime soon. I have moderating experience before as well as Admin experience. I am a moderator on a site called The Four Clans [Click for site proof] and I have moderated that site for over 3 years now [Click for my main character's profile]. I have recently become an admin on this site with the former game creator/game master leaving and allowing me to step up in her stead after moving to a new URL. With this experience I believe I can contribute good ideas and input to the site and would love it if you considered me. I am good with people and can often work things out with others. Good luck to everyone!