ardent

YOUR SOUL IS MINE

Artemis

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2013, 01:07 PM
thread takes place after the dm -- kept vague since we don't know the official outcome.

Vivid emotions betrayed the phantom?s typically stoic exterior, an elongated and seemingly perpetual snarl etched into the premises of her porcelain countenance as the onslaught of thoughts continued to rage within her skull. The source of her devotion and success was no more ? her mother had been reduced to naught but a mangled corpse and a mere memory left to haunt her even on the rare occasion that sleep decided to consume her fragile mind. Without her mother, her glorious family had been left in shambles ? fragmented and pitiful, even more so than it had been with the detachment of her eldest brother many months ago ? and the weight of mending the familial bonds had been passed along to her shoulders. With vigor, she would uphold her newest responsibility and would do everything within her power to ensure that none attempted to intervene with her plans to revive her family ? not even Devya.

An infuriated growl arose in the babe?s throat as she sauntered into the gory amphitheater where she had been forced to witness her mother?s downfall, triangular ears slicking back against the contours of her crown in an attempted effort to shun the horrid memories that plagued her. He had been here to watch the white witch take her last breath and the wraith had a hunch that he had felt no remorse or distress for the events that occurred that day, and now, as she stood rigid in the vacant coliseum, mismatched eyes dancing around the perimeter in search of any bystanders, she had every intention of making him pay for his traitorous nature. With that in mind, the phantom allowed her skull to tip back slightly, frayed lips parting to emit a somber summon for the brute that had walked away from her so many months ago: Ares.

Ares 1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
12-23-2013, 11:26 AM

He would hear the wraith's screech, her summons that was just for him. She was placed in the same bloody plain that their mother had taken her last breath. A growl would resonate through his chest as the realization of it all came back to him. That awful day that had been not very long ago. He would close his eyes and his heart to it, the memory quite unbearable as his large paws would carry him to her call almost unwillingly. He had stepped away from his family, he had left them unwillingly when his mother's domain had come crashing down upon them. He had been so confused and so hopeless, but she had found him she had given him comfort when he could find none. Was that not worth his devotion?
She stood waiting for him, this day was so much different than the first time they had set foot upon the battlefield. He took in the metallic scent of blood and family as he approached her boldly. His lavender gaze would attempt to meet her own mismatched eyes as he drew near. He had no idea of what she had been doing since the disbanding of their family. With ears falling back he would take all of her in, his once sister who he had held so dear. The events that had transpired were regretful, but after losing Morphine he could not stay near. He did not know what he could say to her, so in silence he would stand and await her words.

Talk like this

Devya

gems
size
build
player
12-23-2013, 02:01 PM
OOC- if you don't want Devya here just PM me :)

His disappearance had not gone unnoticed. The cold air rushed her side as he left, quietly exiting their den. Sleepy eyes would flutter open, catching a last glimpse of him. A yawn would part inky jaws, her frame slowly uncurling, stretching stiff muscles. The ebony girl would rise, slipping from the warmth of their den, emerald and cyan eyes watching the disappearing form of Ares. Curiosity would push her forward, steps silently following his own. She found it odd, he rarely slipped away unannounced, concern bubbled in her chest. Was something wrong? His sisters call had fallen on deaf ears of the sleeping fae.

The farther from home they traveled, the more she began to recognize their path. He was headed to the Battlefield. A frown tugged at her features, uncertainty churning in her belly. She would stay far enough back to remain unnoticed, but close enough to not lose him. Nostrils quivered, taking in the growing stench of blood. The last time she had been here, she had witnessed her father battle for his life. And she had the pleasure of watching the white bitch take her last breath. She had no desire to return to the dreadful place, but something, or someone, had called Ares here.

Upon their arrival, pools of blue and green would freeze over, hardening into daggers. Artemis. She had called. Lips curled back in a silent snarl, hackles bristling along her back. For now she would remain out of sight, the wind favoring her for the moment, keeping her presence unnoticed. Silence followed the pale man she had grown to care for. Her gaze would shift to the girl she wanted to see dead, waiting for her to speak.

Speech,

Artemis

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2013, 01:33 AM
sorry, kat, sticking to artemis' character :|

Although the decision to summon her sibling to the infamous battlefield was impulsive due to the fury that wracked her upon her mother?s demise, her actions were strategic and hinted to the intelligence that lurked beneath her robust exterior. Anticipation burned the banshee?s oversized paws as she silently awaited her brother?s approach, the faintest trace of doubt clinging to her thoughts as she contemplated whether or not the titan would abide to her beckoning any longer after all that had occurred between she and the wench her sibling favored. If the brute decided she was no longer worthy of his presence and refused to face her here, in the battlefield, there was no doubt in the phantom?s mind that she would hunt him down and force their interaction upon him ? he would not slip through her clutches again.

In accommodation to her desires (unlike what she had expected), the pallid flesh of her eldest brother would fall into the banshee?s line of vision, his tainted scent soon flooding her nasal cavity to confirm that it truly was her sibling that had breached her surroundings. Pastel lavender eyes greeted her own mismatched amethyst and silver, little to no emotion filtering through her gaze despite the raging inferno carefully obscured beneath them. The brute would refuse to offer her a greeting and the babe would, in turn, remain silent, digits flexing anxiously as tension gathered between them and plans solidified within her diseased mind; yes, it had to be done, and so it would be done.

?Three times you have left me, Ares,? the wraith began, her skull lowering defensively over her breast while her chin tucked against the curvature of her neck, making preparations for the worst-case scenario should the situation arise. ?Once, when mother?s kingdom fell; again, when I bested your bitch; and finally, when mother died.? Intensified emotion began seeping through to her exterior, brows furrowing upon her porcelain countenance as the memory of the ice queen?s gored corpse came back to haunt her yet again. In immediate recognition of her failed attempt to remain composed, the phantom abruptly inhaled, all trace of emotion vacating her pristine visage yet again as she regained a hold on herself and exhaled. ?But no, Ares, there will not be a fourth time. You are mine as you are my King?s, and I will lead you, unscathed, to him, or drag you to him, battered and bruised. It is your choice, brother; but choose wisely, for you will not sway mine.?

Codeine

gems
size
build
player
12-28-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Why was it his family could not gather to empower one another? They were royals, supposedly their family was one of greatness, and yet both generations were in a constant tug of war, and he knew that if Ares did not falter, did not give in to their sister's wishes, he would be pulled into a fight to the death just as their parents had been. He would respond to his sister's summon for their brother, slinking onto the field, and watching with colorless eyes as she laid down the law. A tiny smirk ebbed onto one side of his dark lips, he admired her tenacity. And yet he believed that Ares could be swayed with words, he was family - at least, to him. But if this continued, why would he keep it? What reason did he have to believe that their name held anything for him but imprisonment? But despair?
He could not fault Artemis for her need to possess their brother, because a part of him felt they should be a unit as well... and so he would watch, siding with neither and for once in his life goading no one. Too captured by the power struggle, and finally - quieted by the news of his mother's death. She had not survived the fight? She had not bested their father? He had expected so much, so much from her - she to him was stability, she was power. Although it would not break through his visage, he was shaken by the loss. It was then that he decided that he hated Seraphim, despite the stance of neutrality he had taken with the man, he could no longer forgive him. Morphine was gone, the queen was gone, and that left their family weakened. They would truly have to start over - but would he place his trust in Artemis or Ares? He couldn't help but favor his sister, but there was a void with Ares that he wanted to fill before he damned him. "Come on Ares, you're better off taking the easy route." He would finally say, standing beside Artemis, leaving space between them should either decide they wanted to fight. "The woman is cute, but she's not family." He would glance at the dark female, this must have been the bitch that insulted their family - she couldn't have had a clue what she was getting into when she did. 'Why would you pick her over your own sister?' It struck a nerve, every single time.

Ares 1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
12-30-2013, 05:18 PM

It would tear at the mangled organ he called a heart, the thought of having to leave Devya. He had escaped unnoticed from their den, leaving reluctantly to find the woman who so grudgingly called for him. Artemis had no care for him, not like Devya had. She had nothing like the kindness that the darkly colored she wolf did. She did not own him as she would have liked to think. Devya did. And she always would. Artemis would push herself into his thoughts though, her words like daggers covered in poison as they slashed through his head. ?Three times you have left me, Ares, once, when mother?s kingdom fell; again, when I bested your bitch; and finally, when mother died.? He could feel the tensions rising, and his hackles would instinctively rise as she insulted his whole world. Devya was the only clarity in his world of chaos, and Artemis had no idea. His thoughts would roar at him to set her straight, to yell that she was wrong and foolish to think such thoughts. She and Morphine had abandoned him to find their father. She had pushed him away when she had come to blows with the only light in his life. And she had been the one to turn her tail when their mother had breathed her last. He knew that he would never reach her though. Her thoughts were private and twisted and poisoned to he and Devya. ?But no, Ares, there will not be a fourth time. You are mine as you are my King?s, and I will lead you, unscathed, to him, or drag you to him, battered and bruised. It is your choice, brother; but choose wisely, for you will not sway mine.? He did not belong to her, maybe he had once. That day when they had disobeyed Morphine's direct orders to find themselves in that exact place.
Now though, he had pledged himself to Devya, forever, and he had not a single intention of leaving her, ever. He would spare a dark glance at Codeine, the boy who had said fewer words to him than Artemis. How could Artemis so fault him when it had been he that was abandoned. If they were truly his family they would see that it was Devya that he needed. I am neither yours nor anyone's Artemis. You seem to forget that it was you who left me. He would growl these words, the rage that she inflicted upon him boiling up. And if I have to prove that I don't belong to you, then so be it. But I will not leave Devya with out a fight. She's the only one who has understood me my whole life, and now you want to rip us apart. He could feel his heart beat through his chest, as though it would burst with any moment. It was no longer time to talk, Artemis would never be swayed by anything but his teeth.
With narrowed eyes the boy's ears would fall back and his jaws would gape, pearly incisors glinting menacingly. He would pull his chin in to help protect his neck as his shoulders rolled to do the same. Hackles would bring themselves to a greater height as his spine would straighten and align with his rudder like tail. Pale knees would bend as his toes became splayed and he readied his claws to dig into the earth. Ares would tense his abdomen as he leapt, attempting to close the distance between he and his sister. Trying to come at her angled between her head and right side (her left) He would dig his claws deeply into the dirt with each stride he would focus more upon her shoulder, he would want to hit her with his full weight, to bring her crumbling before him. He would attempt to barrel into her(her left) shoulder with his left shoulder, while simultaneously aiming to hook his right forelimb around her left ankle, in hopes that she would be even more thrown off and would end up beneath him. While he placed his weight in his left side, his jaws would open even more to reach for the tender flesh of her scruff. He wanted to control her, and he wanted to do it now.

Ares v Devya for Freedom

round ONE of TWO

Speech,

Devya

gems
size
build
player
12-30-2013, 07:26 PM

A vicious snarl would curl her lips, hate seeped from her pores. The white bitch would fall just like her mother. Hackles rose along her spine to their full height, audits pinning tighter against her skull. The edges of her vision were tinged with red. She was trying to steal her world, to steal the single most important thing to her. Words assaulted her ears as a claim fell from pale lips. He would not be taken.

Limbs pushed her forward, dark form leaking out from the shadows. Heart pounded in her chest, her control slowly slipping away. All signs of rage slipped away, leaving only blue and green daggers filled with unadulterated hate. Muscles moved with eerily fluidness, paws kissing the earth silently. "You are as pathetic as your mother." Venom dripped from inky lips, reaching out to strangle the white bitch, it would strike a nerve and she knew it.

The shadowy girl would come to a stop, joining the crowd of pale siblings. "Are you so miserable that you need to force others to be in your life?" Words were spoken with the intention to kill. Rage flared in her chest, her inner demon fighting its way to the surface. Pools had hardened, icing over, muscles tense with fury. She wanted nothing more than to see the woman's blood stain the snow beneath her own dark paws.

Before she knew it, Ares had launched himself forward, jaws unhinged and aimed at his sister. He needed to win this. He needed to put his sister in her place. He needed his freedom, to stay with her. Eyes slide only briefly to the second brother, she and never met or even heard of him before this. Her attention would be refocused on Ares, waiting for his victory.

Speech,

Artemis

gems
size
build
player
01-01-2014, 08:46 PM
fighting starts at the **
good luck, kat! <3

Despite the fury and adrenaline that coursed relentlessly through her veins, the urge to succumb to wry amusement was strengthened as her mismatched gaze scrutinized the evident hatred he harbored towards her very being and purpose, surpassing the urge even as the pallid fur upon his spinal column prickled. She wished to rip him from the false affection Devya provided him with for his own good ? to unite their family after it had been left in tatters ? and yet he would fail to see the benefits of her force-claim in favor of focusing upon the miniscule negative; it was quite foreseeable in the eyes of the banshee. It was obvious that the sable brat?s poison was potent and that it had succeeded in its purpose of infecting her sibling?s mind with lies and weakness ? so obvious, in fact, that the wraith almost pitied her brother for being so gullible. Alas, she would not and could not feel sorry for her brother when he had turned his back on their family countless times ? especially not when he had gone so far as to slaughter their own mother under the influence of an outsider.

Attention wavered from Ares as a second form emerged from the shadows, pupils flickering to devour the pallid form of her other littermate who seemed intent upon taking to her side; perhaps Ares could learn a lesson or two from Codeine?s devotion. Something akin to mirth glittered beneath her eyes as her mismatched gaze resided upon the brute, her porcelain visage remaining vacant even as he complimented Devya ? cute was a bit of an overstatement in the eyes of the phantom prodigy. While the wraith admired Codeine?s efforts to persuade their brother with words, she knew Ares was far too close-minded and absorbed in the sable brat to appreciate his siblings? attempt to save him, and thus would not succumb to hope that he would finally see the light in this situation, instead awaiting the protest that was sure to leave his mouth at any given moment.

As anticipated, speech laden with venom began spewing from her siblings? jaws, accusatory in nature and entirely delusional. Brows noticeably furrowed upon her forehead and the banshee would make no effort to obscure the slip of emotion, the scowl only etching deeper into her facial features as her sibling continued to assault her ears with an onslaught of misinformation ? what other kinds of bullshit had Devya fed to him? ?Oh?? the babe interjected in response to her sibling?s accusation, voice raising an octave as she continued: ?Was it I who put my best interest into an outsider rather than my own sister? Was it I who ran from my family when the tables turned against them? Was it I who killed my own mother?? Rage began seeping through her pores once more, upper lip unfurling to reveal the yellowed bone of her incisors out of disgust towards her sibling. How dare he try to extract pity from her when it was he who was at fault.

?She's the only one who has understood me my whole life?? The babe froze then, the fury sluggishly dissipating from her countenance as her gaze interlocked with his own in disbelief. ?You act as if you are the only one who had to endure the hardships of mother?s failure,? she managed after a prolonged period of silence, vocals entirely monotonous now. ?I, too, know what it was like? But the difference between you and I is that I didn?t run when things started to look bleak. I knew ? know ? who suffered most from it all, Ares, and it was neither you nor I.? She hoped her words would strike home with Ares, and yet, she knew that hoping was futile ? she would undoubtedly come to blows with her sibling in a matter of seconds. ?But you, Ares? How selfish of you to seek your own condolences when we all felt the same grief. You may not belong to me where it counts, but hear me when I say that I no longer belong to you, and so I do not care if my actions cause you pain. Until you learn the importance of family, you can deal without little kisses of encouragement from Devya and learn to take hardships like a fucking man rather than a dependent little bitch.?

It was then that the brat would choose to reveal herself, announcing her presence with biting insults that, in Artemis? eyes, didn?t quite seem to match up to recent events. A smirk would begin to encompass her features in total contrast to what she proposed Devya expected, a wry chuckle slipping through her velveteen lips as she mused over the wench?s words. ?We?re so ?pathetic? that we managed to best both you and your father. Although tempting, her internal thoughts would not surface for the sake of attempting to quiet the sable brat who strode so confidently towards the crowd, as if she had something to be proud of. ?Such pretty eyes, Devya,? the wraith began, tones entirely indifferent although the meaning lingering behind it was far from indifferent. ?It would be such a shame to see you lose them.? ?Speak against my mother once more and you shall.

**With the verbal argument subsiding as far as the wraith was concerned, she allowed her attention to divert back to her sibling as he announced a battle for his freedom from the chains that recently bound him to her, taking it upon herself to finalize her defenses as she waited for the actual combat to commence. Skull would lower over her breast, shoulders rolling forward and neck scrunching to encumber the front and sides of her neck in protective rolls of excess flesh while her hackles rose to protect the nape of her neck. Limbs would find themselves spaced equidistant apart to support her weight evenly among them, each appendage bending slightly at the knee to lower her center of gravity while her toes splayed and her nails bit lightly into the soil for traction. Elongated tail would streamline with the remainder of her spinal column to act as a rudder should the situation warrant it, triangular ears pressing flatly against the contours of her skull while her abdomen tensed and her eyes narrowed to thin but visible slits. Finally, jaws would unhinge and lips would fully unfurl to reveal gluttonous incisors that urged for use, chin tucking protectively against the curvature of her neck as her pupils focused in on Ares? chest cavity in hopes that she would be able to detect any muscle contractions that would serve as telltale signs of impending movement. She was ready ? or as ready as she could only hope to be.

Ares would initiate combat as he sprinted towards her, aligning his left half with her own left half as he did so, but the banshee would not take it without counteraction. Immediately as her sibling took off in an attempt to close the distance between them, the wraith would attempt to do the same so as to meet him halfway; however, she would first sidestep to her own left before bursting forward in an attempt to bring her dropped and jutting left shoulder blade to the interior of his own left shoulder, hoping to position her left shoulder blade at the bottom portion of the natural groove between Ares? left shoulder and left-sided chest so that she may attempt to thrust it there. The intention behind the attempted shoulder-attack was simple: she wished to use his momentum and her own against him so that the attempted thrust may dislocate his left shoulder. Her counterattack against his own shoulder-thrust would definitely come with repercussions should it succeed, and yet the babe felt prepared to take any injuries she may obtain from it [COUNTERATTACK, PENDING DAMAGE].

The phantom would feel pressure at her left ankle as her brother succeeded in hooking his right forelimb around it, and yet, as he had made no attempt to rip her limb out from underneath her, her balance would remain uncompromised. In order to prevent such a possibility from occurring, the wraith would attempt to lift her left forepaw from the safety of the earth as her weight shifted between her three grounded limbs in order to maintain her balance, hoping that she would manage to free herself from his grasp with the attempted lift. Narrowed gaze would find her brother?s jaws as they snaked around the left side of her skull [confirmed by kat that ares was reaching around the left of her head], extending rapidly towards the nape of her neck in hopes of snatching it. Artemis? own unhinged jaws would take the opportunity presented to them (while he reached) to turn to the left (Artemis? left), hopefully angled in towards the center portion of Ares? left-sided neck where she would attempt to clamp down with gluttonous incisors and molars, intending to penetrate far beyond her brother?s flesh in hopes of severing the veins and tendons located there. Meanwhile, pain would shoot through the nape of her neck as her sibling succeeded in grasping the left side of her scruff, teeth piercing the excess flesh and fat to approximately a half of an inch deep so that the wounds would bleed mildly.

ARTEMIS vs ARES

for

ARES' FREEDOM

move one of two

ATTACK attempt to return ares' charge, hoping to position her left shoulder to the interior of his left shoulder (in the natural groove created between ares' left shoulder and left-sided chest), intending to use his momentum and her own against him to dislocate his left shoulder. attempt to angle her jaws in towards the center of ares' left-sided neck as he reaches around the left side of her head to grab her scruff, hoping to sever the veins/tendons located there.

DEFENSE skull lowered, shoulders rolled, neck scrunched, hackles raised, limbs spread equidistant apart, weight distributed evenly, knees bent to lower center of gravity, toes splayed, nails biting into soil, tail even with spine, ears pinned, abdomen tensed, eyes narrowed, jaws gaping, teeth exposed. distributing her weight among her grounded limbs as she lifts her left forepaw in hopes of shaking ares' grip.

INJURIES pending damage from ares' shoulder-shove as it would depend on the success of artemis' counterattack where it would land and the severity of the injury. half-inch deep puncture wounds to the left side of her scruff.

Isardis

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-01-2014, 09:46 PM

A vicious ripping would unfurl from coral lips, pale ears snapping against tapered skull as the gold-jeweled albino would saunter with hostility and imposing loath. A weak being had stood to attack his Overseer, and now the duo brawled together in what he was confident would turn put to be a sad, pitiful loss for the foul boy. A dark woman loitered nearby, spitting words of false dominance, her appeal next to nothing as the king would creep confidently, proudly towards the going-ons, extended tail flitting about the perfect angles of his sloping hocks. Ruby gaze would hold against the thrashing victim of Artemis, confident that he would do all his pale Overseer sought to make her enemy?s life as miserable as she so pleased.

Codeine

gems
size
build
player
01-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Quote:
ooc: uhg makin' this work timewise
***fight starts

He had not known why his mother died, he had not stuck around to see the death. When Artemis said that their mother was dead, he had assumed that Seraphim had taken her life. Yet his sister would speak, and everything would make sense. Ares had overstepped the line, passed the point of no return. He had taken their mother's life, he had destroyed her, he had touched their family, betrayed his own blood in ways that could not be taken back. Taken the life of the woman that had given him his own. That Artemis was trying to claim the bastard and not kill him was beyond him. Codeine would bristle, his colorless eyes falling on the ivory lupine gathered on the field. These wolves were all that were left of his bloodline, all that were left of Morphine and Seraphim, they were everything. He would swallow a snarl before letting his gaze sink to the floor.

It was in a flurry of rage that he would glance upon the cow that dared to speak ill of his mother. To speak ill of the dead. The yearling was livid - he would snap his jaws together, his eyes cutting to Devya - all of his anger pinpointed on a single point. Oh - oh she would suffer for what she said - she would not get away with it, he would make sure that she paid for this. For everything! His blood was boiling, his eyes seeing nothing but red. No, this was not how things were supposed to happen! And here she was, mocking despite it all - laughing at the situation, did she think this was a mother fucking game?! "You won't talk shit about our family again, whore!" His voice was low, his lips trembling as he took a step forward.

***It was the only warning that she would get before he rushed forward, throwing his body into a fight as he ran to try and quickly close the distance. His intent? The wench's tongue. His hackles would raise, his eyes narrowed and ears pinned at his skull. The male's shoulders were rolled and his chin tucked to protect his throat while his head was aligned with his spine. His lips were raised in a snarl, his jaws gaping and ready to snap, to tear at this insolent slut's tongue and chew it out so that she would learn her lesson about speaking against an Eysius. His tail positioned behind him for balance, waving like a banner, and his toes would dig into the ground as he threw himself forward, attempting to close the distance between he and his opponent. His jaws would aim to snap at Devya's dark lips, and he would snap his jaws, the intent was to to rip and tear at the flesh, and possibly leave her disfigured because of it. If she allowed him the chance and let her jaws fall open in the heat of battle, he would try to take advantage of the situation and grab hold of her tongue by grabbing onto her bottom jaw and saw at the muscle with his top jaw while yanking back with both of his jaws. If he managed to dislocate her jaw then so be it.

In an attempt to try and force her to open her fucking mouth - he would thrust his right leg up and his paw forward as he approached, and try and slam his paw into the bitch's throat and attempt to get her to choke - and he wanted it to be enough for her to have to open her mouth to yelp or breathe. His balance would be left on squared back legs and his front left paw. You like to run your mouth bitch, open it!

Codeine vs. Devya for dominance (and possibly her tongue )

attacks: thrusting his right paw toward Devya's throat, trying to bite Devya's lip or rip out her tongue

defenses: hackles raised, eyes narrowed, ears pinned, shoulders rolled, chin tucked, head aligned with spine, lips raised, jaws agape, tail positioned for balance, toes in ground for traction, squared back legs,
ooc: he'll be aiming for her tongue during the battle, but i don't want this to be listed as a maim challenge unless Devya tries to maim Codeine too... i've never been a fan of the freebie removal of someone's vitals for winning a fight xD Good luck!

Devya

gems
size
build
player
01-04-2014, 02:04 AM

You won't talk shit about our family again, whore! Deadly words caught her attention, shifting her gaze to the pale brute of which she didn't know. It was clear that that was the only warning she would get. His form would streak forward, his goal a head on collision. And that she would grant him. Many of her defenses were already in place, audits flat against her skull, hackles raised along her neck and spine, eyes narrowed. Before he struck, shoulders would roll forward, her tail aligning with her spine, limbs spreading to stabilize her and bent for better balance. Weight would roll forward onto her toes as nails dug into the earth for traction. Eyes would zero in on her target, it took no time for him to close the distance, their dance only just beginning.

His right paw would lift wanting to jab at her, jaws unhinged, aimed straight at her face. Immediately she would aim to step to her right and drop her upper body lower the ground, jaws unhinged, intending to grab a hold of his front limb that was still planted firmly on the ground. If she was successful then jaws would clamp down with force, and she would continue her movement to the right, intending to drag the limb that supported him out from under him, wanting to through off his balance or possibly bring him down. If she missed her intended target, then jaws would snap mercilessly until they found purchase, and if they did then she would throw her weight forward, staying close to his right (Devs left), her goal to again through off his balance or simply to rip away flesh.

She would not go unscathed. Pain would radiated as his fangs connected with the flesh at the base of her scruff, just in front of her shoulder blades, his bite would fall off-center, nearing the left side of her body. His lifted paw graze the side of her shoulder, causing no serious damage other than being a nuisance. If it was a fight he wanted, then it was a fight he would get. Already as a yearling the girl had witnessed her fathers death, and watched as the man she cared so deeply for, rip his own mothers throat out. Emotions had bottled up within her, and had now been unleashed. Revenge would be given, and anyone that stood in her way would fall.

DEVYA vs CODEIN for DOMINANCE: Round 1/3?

ATTACKS: Jaws would be aimed at his front limb that is still planted on the ground, her goal to grab forcefully and jerk it out from under him, wanting to either throw his balance off or bring him down completely. If that fails then she will take a hold of the next closest piece of flesh(depending on his move) and push into him with her weight since she is slightly bigger and heavier

DEFENSES: ears pinned, eyes narrowed, hackles raised along neck and spine, shoulders rolled forward, tail aligned with spin, limbs bent and spread for balance and stability, weight shifted to her toes

INJURIES: bite would the base of her scruff, just in front of her shoulder blades, off center to the left. His attack with his paw would graze her shoulder but with dull wolf nails would cause no serious damage

OOC- discussed with Seren that Dev gets to keep her tongue :) no maims this time, just dominance

Speech,

Ares 1

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-04-2014, 06:31 PM

He would hardly be able to listen to her words, the rage he usually kept so calmed would fire up beneath him. There came to be a roar in his ears as he felt his blood begin to boil within his skin. She didn't know, she didn't see and he knew that she could never understand. Devya had woven a spell that certainly would never be broken, no matter the hardships others would put them through. He would do everything in his power to protect her, like he hadn't been able to do for his father. The memories of his mother would bring a dark look upon his face, though he would hardly remember doing the deed he would not deny it. Morphine's blood stained his pelt.
As he pushed himself forward the she wraith would do the same, he knew she wouldn't be one to stand back and watch him attack. His ears were tucked back against his skull as he watched her with narrowed eyes. He pushed his limbs to bring them closer, to collide in a great crash. He could feel a great bruise blossom from his chest as he felt her shoulder ram into the broad bones. The moment of their collision he would feel her remove her wrist from his grasp and he would plant both front paws firmly into the ground, his knees would bend, toes would splay and claws would grip into the earth. At the same moment he would thrust power into his hind limbs, he would push them from the ground. His hips and rear end would swing around to the right so his body was perpendicular to Artemis' form, they would make a nice "L". His teeth would find their mark upon her scruff, and as he felt himself connect her own jaws would succeed in their endeavor. Though, since he had swung himself around her grasp was landed upon loose skin and the muscled portion of his neck. He would feel an intense pain from the loose bite, but he knew he could take the moderate puncture wounds.
He would tuck his chin closer as he rolled his shoulders back to protect should she again try to find a more lethal grip on his vulnerable neck. He would distribute his weight so that he was mostly balanced upon his front two legs, then he would push with all of his might into his chest and hopefully into her left shoulder, hoping that because of her tripod like stance she would lose her balance. His incisors would attempt to grip down harder upon her scruff as he would try to use his grip there to throw her off balance. He would attempt to jerk his jaws forward in time with his shove to completely topple her over. His tail would align with his spine as he did his best to keep himself in a balanced state, as his abdomen was tensed with adrenaline.

Ares v. Artemis for DOMINANCE

Round TWO of TWO

Speech,

Codeine

gems
size
build
player
01-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Quote:
She would maneuver out of harm's way, and pull her face out of the way of his attack. Snapping jaws would seek retribution for the slander against his family, but none would come of his first attack - she had moved swiftly, ducking to her right and going for his left leg. His teeth would strike near her scruff, and as soon as his teeth met flesh he would release her - it would not cause her permanent damage, it would not leave her with regret for her foolishness.

Since Devya had aimed for his left leg and he was smaller than she was, the brute would attempt to take advantage of her lowered position. Back legs would push him forward, and he would attempt to push himself up onto Devya's shoulders up near her neck and scruff. His right leg would be used to try and keep him balanced, and in an attempt to keep himself upright and positioned above his opponent, he would try and hike it higher immediately after it hit it's mark. Codeine's goal was to try and balance himself by throwing his right leg over Devya's neck up near her shoulders and possibly push her down her with his upper body while her head was somewhat awkwardly angled to bite at his left leg.

He wouldn't waste time in searching for his new target, narrowed eyes would quickly zero in on the nearest, easiest and most painful target. Gaping jaws would snap toward Devya's right ear, his intent was to try and grab it at the base and clamp down, and should he hit his mark he would yank his head to his right in an attempt to remove the pretty audit from her body entirely. Hopefully he would be able to use her movements against her should he attain any sort of grip, and the more she tried to move away from him, the worse his damage would be. All of his movements were an attempt to get the female to be beneath him, and hopefully stop her from moving to the right and away from him so that he could continue trying to rip her tongue out. The pain that radiated from his upper left foreleg was worth it, the quarter inch gashes that would heal in due time were worth it, the blood that she could surely taste in her mouth should she choose not to let go of him would be paid in full. Adrenaline and rage would lessen the feeling of pain, but it still hurt as flesh was torn and the damage was done.

Behind him his back legs were still squared, and his toes dug into the ground for traction against Devya's attempt to throw his balance off. A stubborn brute, he refused to have his smaller stature used against him unless she paid for it - and his intent was for the payment to be the bitch's entire left ear. His eyes remained narrowed and his ears pinned despite their position away from his opponent. His chin would remained tucked as well as it could and his jaws were agape when not attacking to try and protect his throat. His head was aligned with his spine, his shoulders rolled and his hackles raised to protect his neck and spine. His stomach was clenched and muscles tensed as he tried to keep himself balanced in case Devya continued trying to pull his leg out from under him despite his attempts to keep her in one place. His balance was attained, his back legs squared, his tail waving quickly behind him to keep him upright, and he was attempting to better it by throwing his leg over Devya's shoulders as well.

ooc: discussed with secret that devya's head was turned inward while she made her bite, so her right ear would be closer than her left while attacking codeine's left leg.

attacks: bite toward Devya's right ear, trying to shove himself on top of Devya

defenses: back legs squared, toes digging into the ground, eyes narrowed, ears pinned, jaws agape, chin tucked, head aligned with spine, shoulders rolled, hackles raised, stomach clenched, muscles tense, attempting to improve his balance by using his right leg and hiking it over Devya's neck/shoulders
injuries: quarter inch bite marks near the upper part of his left foreleg

vs. Devya for Dominance and potential maim

move 2 of 3

Devya

gems
size
build
player
01-08-2014, 12:15 PM

A brief moment of satisfaction would bubble in her chest as blood teased her tongue. Her jaws had landed on their intended target, taking a hold of his leg. Jaws would clench as much as possible, refusing to let go of the limb, fangs dug into the flesh of his upper arm, slicing through easily with the sharp fangs of the yearling. He would pay for his mistake of attacking her. His family was destroying everything she held dear to her. They had taken her father, and now were attempting to take Ares. The thoughts only fueled her rage, pushing her through the pain of battle. Adrenaline pounded through her veins in a scorching path.

His free limb would rise, aimed to move across her shoulders, his goal to pin her down. Fury would flare in her chest, a growl released from clenched jaws. Her body would react, hips swinging out to her right. His paw would fall, grazing her shoulder briefly. Her goal was to twist his leg that was between her jaws, to pull it back and out away from his body with her movement, she wanted to either tear the muscle or dislocate the bone entirely. She wanted him to suffer so if he got free and her goal to mangle his limb was successful then the limb would be useless no matter what. Her intentions where to disrupt his balance when his leg fell back to the earth, to wreck him enough that she could knock him to the ground and pin him. To be victorious.

Her defenses remained intact, eyes narrowed, ears flat against her skull, shoulders rolled forward, hackles raised, legs spread equidistance and bent, tail acting a rudder, her weight on her toes, nails digging into the earth. Pain would shoot across her skull as his fangs connected with her right ear, missing their intended target of the base, but landing nonetheless. Blood would drip from wound as he shredded and tore the top half of her ear, leaving it in bloody tatters, a constant reminder of the revenge that would fall on their family.

DEVYA VS CODEINE for DOMINANCE: ROUND 2/3

ATTACKS: Her body/hips would swing to the right, aiming to twist the leg she has a hold of, wanting to either shred muscle or dislocate the bone. Jaws would remain clamped down with maximum force to keep a hold of his limb.

DEFENSES: eyes narrowed, ears flat against her skull, shoulders rolled forward, hackles raised, legs spread equidistance and bent, tail acting a rudder, her weight on her toes, nails digging into the earth.

INJURIES: bite to the scruff/shoulder area, shredded right ear (only the upper half of the ear)

Speech,

Artemis

gems
size
build
player
01-11-2014, 02:06 PM
kat agreed to calling this a draw. didn't make much sense for artemis to want ares around after he killed their mother, so this felt pointless in my eyes.

Though the targeted areas of her assault were left unscathed, still the viper managed to obtain a pitiful grasp to the excess flesh upon her brother's neck, leaving a bitter taste in her jaws as her vindictive incisors penetrated his skin. Perhaps she had assumed extracting his blood would suffice the eternal wounds he carved into her blackened heart, and yet, the taste was something that caused her gut to lurch unpleasantly rather than soothe her frayed nerves. As her sibling clenched his teeth into the loose flesh at the nape of her neck, seemingly forgetting the relationship they shared in favor of vengeance, realization struck the babe that her sibling truly did not cherish the bond of kinship. He never would, in fact -- it was a harsh reality that the phantom prodigy would be forced to accept no matter how much she wished it wasn't so. Her brother was, indeed, no longer hers after having detached himself multiple times from their family, and no matter how many instances she would beg and plead for his return, the effort would be futile; he had made his choice, and now she had made hers. Jaws would part as the rage and adrenaline died within her veins, relinquishing her hold upon her brother's flesh before she wrenched her body backwards and away from Ares' grip, withdrawing from their close proximity. Amethyst and silver gaze would locate the pallid brute as she attempted to backpedal slowly away from him, disappointment laden in her porcelain features. "You are right," the viper began quietly, speech meant only for the ears of her sibling. "You are not mine. You are not my brother." With one final glance to the scuffle between her true brother and Devya, hoping that he would reign victorious and that Ares would understand the meaning behind her words, the wraith trailed back towards her king, nearing his side to signify that they no longer held a purpose here.

exeunt artemis .. unless ares joins the codeine / devya fight

Codeine

gems
size
build
player
01-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Quote:Despite his efforts, Devya managed to move away from him, squirmed far enough away from him for his attempts to throw his shoulder and upper body over her for everything to miss entirely. His jaws would clamp down on her ear, but somehow it had moved too, regardless of her head remaining in the same place because her lips were wrapped around his goddamn leg. Codeine would not relish in the small victory of the top half of her ear being missing, he would continue trying to get her to stop. He would push forward where he had wanted to push up, and his right leg would shoot out to try and grab hold of Devya's left leg by curling around the top half and yanking it quickly toward him. He wanted to trip her up as well - and since she was already lowered enough to keep hold of his leg, he hoped that he would be able to get her front half on the ground without too much trouble considering the great lengths she was going to to stay hooked onto his leg.

The pressure that she put on it he could not stop, but she had grabbed his upper leg, above his elbow - a little harder to break as she had to tear through the muscle first. As of the moment her quarter inch bite marks were quickly becoming half inch wounds, bloody injuries that would hurt him like hell later. Although she wouldn't successfully break his leg, he would be left with a limp until his leg healed. A temporary reminder of the insolence of this wench, he wouldn't forget her quickly, his anger would only build toward her - and toward Ares, because for some reason he had picked this woman over his own family.

Since Devya was still below him, Codeine would continue to try and keep his balance with his front leg that was within Devya's grasp. Although she had it in her mouth, he would struggle to keep it on the ground, and his back legs after pushing him in Devya's direction moment before, would remain squared and positioned for balance. His open jaws would attempt to snap at Devya's face, her eyes were narrowed sure, but what was protecting them from his teeth if she wouldn't let go of his left leg? Moments after the snap to her ear, he would immediately lower his head and angle it to his left to try and sweep his jaws over both of her eyes, his bottom jaw would aim to catch her left eye and his top her right. If he was left with a momento of their fight, he would do his best to leave her with one as well - more than a cute little nick to her ear, that was for sure.

With her movement to the right, he would use every bit of his weight to try and stop her from draggging him along too. His muscles were tense, his back legs squared, his toes splayed and his nails dug into the ground for traction, and his tail was being used as a rudder to keep him balanced. The brute did his best to turn in Devya's direction with his forward thrust, as well as keeping himself upright as best he could despite Devya's movement to her right with his back legs and keeping his left one on the ground. His eyes were narrowed, his ears pinned and his jaws agape whenever he wasn't attempting to snap at the female positioned just below him. His chin was tucked to protect his throat, and his shoulders rolled to protect the sides of his neck. His hackles were raised along the back of his neck and spine - his tight.

attacks: aiming to grab Devya's left leg with his right one and trip her, aiming to blind both of Devya's eyes

defenses: muscles tense, back legs squared, eyes narrowed, ears pinned, jaws agape, shoulders rolled, chin tucked, hackles raised, back legs squared, toes splayed, toes digging into the ground, tail positioned for balance, moving toward Devya to try and keep close and keep her from moving too far and trying to throw him off balance,

injuries: half inch lacerations near the upper part of his left foreleg

vs. Devya for dominance and potential maim

Round 3 of 3

Devya

gems
size
build
player
01-13-2014, 08:04 PM

Pain throbbed across her skull as blood seeped from her torn ear. He would pay for that. Pain mixed with adrenaline, fury burning dangerously in her chest. She had had enough of this family. Heart pounded in her chest, adrenaline flooding her system. Rage turned her vision red. The nerve this family had. Attacking strangers.

His right leg would cross, wrappings itself around her own left leg, jerking it towards him. He would be successful, her balance would crumble. Immediately she release his leg, the damage had been done. To avoid falling under him, she would pick up her right leg, allowing her weight to come crashing to the earth. She would allow her right hip to drop, allowing herself to roll away from the pallid monster.

Before she could get out of harms way, pain would sear across her face as fangs grabbed the flesh across her brow, shredding the tender skin. Blood would flow from the wound, the crimson substance would roll down her face and into her eye, binding her until it could be cleaned.

As soon as her roll would complete, she would aim to jump to her paws, only a few feet away. She hoped that the brutes wounded leg would slow him down enough for her to rise. If she was successful in getting back up then she would strike again, using her speed against the wounded brute. Her bodice would drop low to ground, as though she were stalking her prey, closing the distance in a few bounds. Her good eye would remain narrowed, her bloodied eye closed, her skull was level with her spine, hackles raised, shoulders rolled forward, tail even with her spine as she shot forward. Ears remained tucked against her skull, her chin tucked against her vitals, toes flexed so that her claws could dig into the earth for tractions. Weight was evenly distributed across all four limbs as her knees bent, lowering her center of gravity.

Jaws unhinged, aiming to once more grab his wounded leg, but she struck lower, wanting to grab his ankle. She wanted to destroy him. She wanted him to pay, to remember her. Should she grab his ankle successfully, jaws would clamp together as hard as she could, and her skull would jerk up and away from the brute. She wanted the tendon that resided in his ankle, she wanted him handicapped.

DEVYA vs CODEINE for DOMINANCE: Round 3/3

ATTACKS: Would allow both front limbs to giveaway so she could roll away from Codeine. If she is successful in getting back up, then she would aim to strike his wounded leg again, going for his ankle, wanting to to then pull up and away (away from his own body), she wanted to wound the tendon in his ankle.

DEFENSES: eyes narrowed, ears pinned, shoulders rolled forward, hackles raised, tail even with her spine, legs spread equidistant and bent slightly

INJURIES: bite to the scruff, torn right ear, bite above her left eye (across her brow) the blood had caused her to be temporarily blinded in that eye

OOC: Discussed with seren that they were nearly head on when he attempted to trip her

Speech,

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-29-2014, 03:01 PM

Codeine v Deyva for Dominance

Round 1
codeine:

10 for clarity- clear post, -0

10 for powerplaying- none, actions were attempts, -0

8 for defenses- adding some defenses during the attack would have bumped up your score, -2

10 for attack- good starting attack, -0

0 for injuries-First round, -10

Round one codeine Total: 38/50

deyva:

10 for powerplaying- none, all attempts, -0

7 for defenses- few more defenses would have bumped it up, -3

10 for attack- good counter attack, -0

0 for injuries- First round, -10

round one deyva Total: 37/50

Round 2

codeine:

8 for clarity- I had to reread certain parts a few times to understand it, -2

10 for powerplaying- none, -0

10 for defenses- good defenses, -0

10 for attack- good counters, -0

10 for injuries- accurate injuries, -0

Round two codeine Total: 48/50

deyva:

8 for clarity- I had to reread a few sentences to understand it, -2

7 for powerplaying. In Codeine's post it states "while her head was somewhat awkwardly angled to bite at his left leg" so i do not see how she would have the time to move her body out of the way to avoid his paw as she is going for the bite, -3

7 for defenses. more defenses needed, -3

10 for attack. good counter, points taken in powerplaying for movement, -0

10 for injuries. accurate injuries, -0

Round two deyva Total: 42/50

Round 3
codeine:

10 for powerplaying. none, -0

10 for defenses. good defenses, -0

10 for attack. good attacks, -0

5 for injuries. I feel like her pulling should have disrupted his footing more than it had, -5

Round three codeine Total: 45/50

deyva:

10 for clarity- no clarity issues, -0

10 for powerplaying. none, -0

10 for defenses. good defenses, -0

10 for attack. good attack, -0

10 for injuries. accurate injuries, -0

Round three deyva Total: 50/50

Totals:

codeine: 131/150

deyva: 129/150

And the winner is...

codeine! deyva must give up by either submitting, fleeing, or passing out.

Damage:

codeine- half inch lacerations near the upper part of his left foreleg, will cause a limp for one OOC week, will heal in one OOC week. He may counter deyva's attack since he is the victor.

deyva- Bite marks to scruff, torn right ear, bite above left eye that causes temporary blindness until treated. All bleeding, will take one OOC week to heal.

Notes:

Tips for both writing, and some suggestions. (no points are deducted here)

For Serendipity
Pretty easy to keep up with, just watch for those small errors.

For SecretAffair
Same to you darling, watch for those little errors that bring your score down.

-This fight was super easy to judge, thanks guys! And i apologize for the wait. By [Aislyn]