Themisto

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-13-2013, 05:45 PM

On and on he would seem to push himself until he felt he could go on no longer. He had traveled from Glaciem to Valhalla, rested for a moment during a quick discussion with Chrysanthe, then had continued his journey back to Seracia. He was overly tired, and though his short stay in Valhalla had helped, he was still itching to sleep in his own warm den. Plus if he had any hope of saving his plants, he would need to get the seeds out now before it was too late. As he arrived at the borders his head would tip back and he would call for Maverick, the king of Seracia. He did not know of the sudden shift in power, but surly he would soon find out. He would continue on to his den, and when he got there he would collapse at its opening, warm breaths breaking into a mist as he caught his breath. He would then wait for Maverick to come greet him.

Speech,

OOC: Maverick first, others can come after they talk ^.^

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
12-13-2013, 06:57 PM

It was the call he had been waiting for, the howl he had been anticipating for weeks now. He had known that Themisto had been taken, and some credit had been given to the man for surviving in Glaciem - but now that was over. As it rang out the once-King would hasten toward it, intent upon being the first to greet the man. Lip curled as he went, loping across the terrain in only a few minutes. He hadn't been that far off, and so he would arrive quickly. Head and tail would remain at a normal level, no longer displaying the dominance he'd once had. It had been a change, to remember to do this, but he was adjusting. ?Themisto,? he would voice, as the man's scent drifted toward him. He smelled strongly of Valhalla, and immediately Maverick's hackles would rise an inch or two. ?You've returned.? He would plainly state, as if it needed voicing.

?speak,?

Themisto

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-13-2013, 07:06 PM

The sound of footsteps would cause the man to twist toward another direction, and when the king came into view Themisto barked a happy greeting. He noticed the slight change in the mans stature, but he payed little attention to it due to his excitement. He was home, he was finally home! And his king was okay. "Maverick!" He would bark again, striding a few steps toward the crimson man, stopping a few feet away so that they were still at a comfortable distance, yet closer. Sunset hued eyes would note the raising of hackles, and his ears would instinctively fold. Had he done something wrong? "Yes, I have returned. I fought the Glaciem queen for my freedom, and it was granted." Was all he would say, because he felt no need to explain the entire truth. In a way he didn't want others to know he had beaten the queen because he didn't want to be under anyone's radar. "I need to go back for Bronze." He would add as he waited for the king to respond.

Speech,

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
12-13-2013, 07:13 PM

Maverick gave a sigh. Themisto didn't even know. The healer had fought for his freedom, and it was granted to him. Funny, Maverick hadn't pictured the Glaciem wolves as ones who would honor a freedom request. 'I need to go back for Bronze.' Jaws clicked together as the russet man declared rather forcefully, ?You will not.? He may not be King, but for the time being he outranked Themisto, and would assert himself as such. ?We will send someone to retrieve him, you are needed here.? An ear flickered back, unsure why he was so angry with Themisto, but certain that that anger was not about to be abated anytime soon. ?You went to Valhalla first. Why?? Tail twitched behind him, much like a serpent striking at a kill. The rusty man remained standing, unwilling and unable to sit due to the frustration burning in his core.

?speak,?

Themisto

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-13-2013, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 07:42 PM by Themisto.)

Ears would remain folded as Maverick pratically scolded him, the edge in his voice almost unbearable to hear. Why wasn't he proud? Why wasn't he happy that he was here? Themisto just didn't understand it. He would not budge as he listened, not even a single hair moved from his command, though the slight winter breeze swayed it slightly. Maverick would ask why he had gone to Valhalla, and of course, he would not lie to his king. He had no reason to. "I went to check on Chrysanthe because she attempted to free me while I was there, but Isardis denyed her offer. I wanted to let her know I was free so she didn't have to worry about coming back for me." He would answer, telling Maverick nothing but the truth. Reminicing on Chrysanthe showing up at the borders made him realize that no one from Sercia, his alleged home, had come for him. Why? He still couldn't figure out why Maverick was so angry, but Themisto would remain calm and wait for a response.

Maverick

gems
size
build
player
12-15-2013, 08:43 PM

Themisto explained that he had wanted to check on Chrysanthe, to tell her of his freedom. ?This is not the first time you have chosen Chrysanthe over your family - your home.? Maverick's lip would curl, brow would furrow as he questioned the man further. "You are aware she is married? To one of our own, no less.? (our own = family) He feared that Themisto was growing attached to the woman, why else would he choose to see her before his own family? To leave his family and go to war for her sake? Lip quivered as he kept it aloft, unsheathing his fangs on one side. He was irritated, frustrated, and hurt. Perhaps it was childish to hold Themisto to his promise of keeping the three warriors safe, but in some ways Maverick did hold him to it - though this was a far more upsetting matter. The man should have reported home at once, immediately upon release from the Glaciem prison - and he had not.

?speak,?

Themisto

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-21-2013, 01:08 PM

His expression would remain the same despite Maverick's boiling rage that was quickly coming to the surface. Despite the inner turmoil Themisto had been dealing with he would remain neutral, because he knew if he budged even a little, this whole thing could go in a very bad direction. Of course he didn't want that, so when his king responded he would allow a few seconds of time so that he didn't seem snappy with his responses. He wanted to keep the situation on a calm level. "If you would have requested I stay home during the war, I would have stayed. I chose to see her first because she came to Glaciems borders when I could not fight for myself. Were Bronze and myself forgotten?" He would ask, still keeping his exterior and tones steady. It hurt to realize the severity of the situation, but what was he to do? The king had already proved it himself- they had not been important enough to go after, but he had been important enough to Chrysanthe to go after. Why should't he have gone to her first? "And yes, I am aware she is married to Gideon. She is a good friend, and I would never want to harm or destroy their relationship. Gideon is my family, as are you, so why would I want to harm either of you?" He would say, lips creasing into a frown. Didn't Maverick realize that no matter what he said or did, he would never have Chryanthe, and he would never try to take her? Gideon had gotten to her first, and he knew that if Gideon had married her, then he was madly in love with her. He would never want to ruin that.

speech