size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-19-2014, 01:22 AM

speech

Reuniting with his littermates and his mother might have not been the most joyous reunion for all parties involved, but it had been just what he needed all the same. He had been craving his family's presence for so long and to be surrounded by them again made his world make sense. However, it also served to make him even more curious about the whereabouts of his older siblings. He had met up breifly with Amalia, but he hadn't seen a trace of Quintus. That was what had him out searching yet again, hoping to find his older brother. He really didn't have anything to go on or really any hints on where he should start looking, but he didn't have any help finding his other siblings either. He really had found them all by chance so he hoped his lucky streak would continue.

He padded through the desolate landscape, his sapphire gaze drifting from one ruined form to another. Everything was burned to the ground and the gray, ashen landscape made his russet hue stand out like a sore thumb. He couldn't help but wonder what could have happened to this place to ruin it so completely. But, with any luck he might be able to find his sibling and bring some brightness to this lackluster territory. Everything smelled of smoke and it made it hard for him to smell any scent so he picked up his pace just a bit. He wasn't in a hurry, but why stick around this area if he wasn't going to be able to track his sibling's scent?

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
10-19-2014, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 09:12 AM by Quintus.)

Life was confusing. When he'd first joined Abaven he'd been certain he could grow comfortable there, if not for Harmony's unabashed crush on him, and that he might someday consider it home. Instead, her attention had wavered quite dramatically, leaving him hopelessly confused -- and even more lonely than when he'd first joined the pack. His restless paws would leave him away from the lands he had become familiar with and slightly further west.

For once, his mind was almost empty of all thoughts as he wandered. He was not entirely sure he wanted to remain in Abaven; he was not particularly social, and they were a tight-knit group, one that was difficult to integrate into without more effort than Quintus was willing to give. Slowly the flat plains sprouted to and fro with trees; scarred from fires from long ago. This land was desolate, void of most life, and he found his surroundings strangely calming.

How long he wandered, he didn't know; but slowly the scent of a familiar creature met his nostrils. His nose twitched as awareness appeared on his face, head jerking to the side as he tasted the aroma carefully. It was one of his younger siblings. Had he been searching for him? For some reason, this surprised him, as he hadn't seen anyone in his family for quite some time. When Leo's form came into view, he found his jaw unhinging in visible surprise. "Leo?" he called out to him incredulously, quickening his pace to draw nearer to his younger brother. "Jesus... last time I saw you, you were no more than half this size." It hadn't struck him until now that it had been so long since he's seen his youngest siblings.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-27-2014, 10:17 PM

Surprise, surprise. A familiar voice from his past came to his ears, calling his name, and he quickly turned to face it, seeing his older brother of all wolves hurrying toward him. Leo blinked with surprise, but a pleased smile spread across his muzzle and his tail showed how happy he was to see his older brother. None of the older litter had shown up to their mother's call and he had only been able to run into Amalia up to now so he was certainly glad to see that Quintus was still around. He chuckled at his brother's comment on his height, noticing that he and indeed grown to be a few inches taller than his brother. "Good to see you too, brother," he said with a joking tone, amused that how much he had grown had caught Quintus's attention before saying 'hello' had.

He noticed the scent of a pack on him, but Leo had no way of knowing which pack it was. He wasn't familiar with them all as of yet though he hoped to become more versed on them the longer he lived here. "All joking aside, it really is good to see you again, Quin. I've been wondering how I was going to find you and it looks like you found me instead! Do you live near here? What have you been up to?" His gaze settled curiously on Quintus, eager to hear what his older brother might have gotten himself into during his absence.

"Talk" "You" Think

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
10-28-2014, 09:11 AM

Slight amusement danced on the man's usually stoic features. Around his family, he couldn't help but feel content, even if the rest of his life was a mess otherwise. Admittedly it was a a bit strange to be facing his little brother, who was now inches taller than him, after having not seem him since he was but a boy... but it was not at all unpleasant. "You're a sight for sore eyes," he explained with a chuckle. "I haven't seen anyone in ages, it feels like." Of course, he meant their family -- their parents and siblings in particular.

"It's good to see you too," he admitted with an alarming amount of seriousness. He was surprised that Leo hadn't rushed forward to embrace him, but part of him was fine with that. He'd never been particularly affectionate with any of his siblings and his brother had grown from a child into a man. It was a bit strange to comprehend and he felt like they slightly like strangers to one another, though he knew that would change as they spoke once again. "I'm living in Abaven right now. One of the Destruction's packs. It's just east of here." Had Leo been in this part of Alacritia for long? He hoped his stubbornness hadn't led him to missing out on the presence of his siblings. For all he knew though, maybe Leo had just arrived. "But what about you? You look good. Have you been on your own?" The questions wanted to all spill out at once, but he didn't want to overwhelm his brother nor himself.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-28-2014, 11:11 AM

Abaven. Leo stored the name away for later, wondering if perhaps it could be his temporary home. He had his plans and dreams for his life, but he recognized that it might be a while till he was able to accomplish these dreams. It might be nice to have a place to call home in the mean time and living with his brother again would be a bonus. He supposed he could go live with Amalia, but he didn't much like the north. This area of Alacritis suited his tastes much better. Besides, he vaguely remembered the Destructions and he seemed to remember they were a good lot.

Quintus turned the question back on him and Leo gave a small nod in response. "I've been out of Alacritis exploring until fairly recently. I've been looking for our family since then, but so far I've been pretty successful! I found Isolde first, then Amalia and Caeto. Mom called for all of us not long ago and my litter showed up plus Arian. Oh, and one of Azalea's children came with Arian. It was... intresting. I'm glad to know they're all okay, but it wasn't exactly a joyful reunion I guess." He shrugged and went on, "Ah well. Nothing in our family could ever be simple, hm?" He smirked and chuckled softly, thinking back on the last year or so of his life and how dramatic it all seemed.

"Talk" "You" Think

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
10-28-2014, 04:05 PM

For some time, Quintus had felt a lot of regret. Why hadn't he stayed with his parents, or even with his youngest siblings? It seemed stupid to wander off on his own, in retrospect, and even now he wished he had made a different choice. Being alone hadn't really been that great. For awhile, he thought that he'd made a good choice in joining Abaven, particularly because of Harmony, but now her presence was scarce at best. Perhaps he shouldn't have gone there at all..

Quintus found surprise painting itself clearly on his features at Leo's words. He had reunited with Isolde, Amalia, Caeto, AND their mom? And Arian too. "Huh," he would mumble, considering the meeting -- and wondering why it hadn't been that joyful. He didn't know if he would be overjoyed to see them all at once though, either. It'd be nothing short of overwhelming, and he still felt slightly bitter that nobody in his family had tried to find him all these seasons.

'Nothing in our family could ever be simply, hm?' Leo would ask and he found another low chuckle falling from his lips. "So very true," he retorted with a snort. "So is everyone doing alright? Wait... was Dad not there?" Quintus noted that Leo hadn't said anything about their father and couldn't help the sinking feeling that had begun to form in his stomach. Surely he was around? Why wouldn't he be there when most of the family reunited at last? His nose would wrinkle as he waited for an answer, curiosity ebbing in his sea-green stare.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
11-05-2014, 02:21 AM

Quintus asked about their father and Leo's ears flicked uncomfortably, his gaze drifting down toward the ground with his disappointment. The news had been hard for him to swallow at first when he found out, but it was hard to deny after talking to their mother. "Everyone is okay. There is apparently some drama between Mom and Azalea and something happened with Caeto that's been bothering him for a while apparently, but otherwise they are all fine. But Dad... Dad is gone. I don't know where he went, I don't think anyone does. Honestly, I think Mom might flip if he ever showed up again since he cheated..." He wasn't sure how much Quintus knew, but he didn't want to go farther than that unless Quintus asked. He didn't know all the details himself, really, and he wasn't sure he wanted to know. All he really knew was that their father had left them and that was enough of a disappointment in of itself.

"Talk" "You" Think

Quintus

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
11-18-2014, 09:21 PM

Quintus suddenly felt conflicted. It seemed strange that everyone had happened to meet without him, but it would've felt a lot weirder if Amalia and Cassius had been there too. A sigh left his lips. "Drama?" he'd inquire, but Leo would go on quite soon after. Something happened with mom and Azalea, and something else with Caeto -- and... their father was gone? It wasn't entirely surprising, but what was surprising was that his mother had not gone with him. It felt strange to picture his mother without Maverick and he couldn't help but wonder what exactly had happened.

Luckily, Leo explained briefly. He'd cheated on their mom? A sigh escaped his lips. "Never took dad for the cheating type," he'd admit with a scoff, shaking his head side to side. Who had he cheated on their mom with? "So.. she seems pretty mad?" It wasn't much of a surprise. Their mother had always had an air of intensity about her, and it was hard to imagine her letting him betray him and their family without responding in some dramatic fashion. "Man, that's weird, Leo. Doesn't feel right." It was no surprise; he'd been gone for so long, he ought to have expected that things would've changed, but this seemed too dramatic.