ardent

Ghosts of the Past

Aranya

gems
size
build
player
12-02-2013, 11:02 PM

It was amazing how an interesting perspective could make even the most uncomfortable perch pleasant. Aranya lay upwards and ramrod straight so as not to roll one way or another. As it was, she was fifteen feet up in the air, on the ruined remnant of a stone wall. She had seen such things before, but never like this. The man-dens sprawled beneath her, decrepit and worn and weathered and fascinating. She had never seen stone cut so smoothly! Even that which had crumbled had fallen into neat piles, they were neither strewn nor scattered. She could not fathom how it was they came to birth such things, but she could certainly enjoy them. Had there been any place providing a roof or block from prevailing wind, she may well have denned there.

The sun sat at high noon, and the wind was calm. It was not warm, per say, but it was not as bone chilling as it had been int he mountains. In comparison, you could actually say the change was quite pleasant. Her stomach was full, after taking down a lame, stunted doe the day before, and her spirits high. I think I should like some company, she thought, even the voice in her head chipper. This is a fine day for a pair or trio, even. She thought back the the few wolves she had met since coming to this harsh, vast land. Each had been unique and undoubtedly fascinating. She was keen as a hawks eye to meet more, dozens more, to see and hear and learn all they had to offer. Oh yes, it was a fine day for discovery.

Speech,Thoughts,

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-02-2013, 11:26 PM

Wander, that's what he would do here. Fermin did not wish to look for his family just yet, didn't want to get pulled into any chaos they may be causing. When your alone you can enjoy things more, the peace and quiet, enjoy the scenery around you, hunt without having to worry about the other getting hurt or getting in your way that would ruin your kill. The man stood at a pile of stone, eyes closed and head up, he would take in a deep, slow breath, taking in the scents around him. That's when he caught something on the breeze, a wolf was nearby, a young lady. The corners of his lips would lift in a small smile, not in a creepy kid of way, just reminding him of when he an into Eulari. "Just passing by." He would speak up, letting her know he was here and was just strolling about. With that he would hop onto a stone, moving up a few stairs and walk slowly down a dark hallway. He had heard of such things from when he was traveling, they were made by things called many names but mostly two-legs or humans. They would claim lands, then build their dens, destroying the land around them till everything ran off. What a shame, you should appreciate the things around you, without them you couldn't survive.

"normal.
speech.
thought.
you."

Awesome table by WolfEyez <3

Aranya

gems
size
build
player
12-03-2013, 08:53 AM

Aranya was so lost in her thoughts, she did not hear, nor see, nor smell the male approaching. As it was, when he spoke, she nearly jumped out of her skin. Her claws frantically scrabbled against the cut stone, begging for purchase before she plummeted downwards. She regained her balance after a short, embarrassing bout of wriggling, heart hammering and tail tucked in. She whirled (slowly and safely, of course) around to face the male that had interrupted her thoughts, only to see his tail flicking down the end of a tunnel. For all that her sudden panic had made her a tinge angry, she was mostly curious about having been stumbled upon, and about who exactly was doing the stumbling.

She walked back the way she came, along the wall until hop, hop, skitter, and bound, she was back on the ground. At a light lope she made for the tunnel, stopping at it's entrance, to observe. It was quite dark inside, but she could still make out the strange male's outline. "You nearly scared me to death!" she called gently. "Actually to death, I nearly fell." She side stepped nervously, unknowing if this would offend this stranger, ad not wanting to appear unkind. Curiosity bit at her strongly, and she called out, "What are you doing here, exactly? Not that I don't want you to be or that I'm opposed, only I haven't seen anyone in a while." Aranya was a wolf who liked company, that could not be denied. It was unfortunately quite hard to come by in this vast, open place. She wondered briefly if she should go in after him, or just leave him to his business.

Speech,Thoughts,

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-11-2013, 11:03 PM

The man had not been looking towards where the wolf was when he strolled by, merely gave a wave of his tail before entering the hall. From the sound of it though something seemed to happen and his ears would swivel back to catch the sound of crumbling stone and claws against rock, perhaps the woman got scared or wasn't paying attention to what she was doing and slipped? From the years he had been around he knew not all women liked a man to stroll in like hot stuff, a lot got irritated when he asked if they needed assistance so that's why he continued on. If she needed him, then he would go back.

About halfway down the hall the man would come to a stop, head raising, blue eyes looking over a strange piece hanging on the wall. Head would tilt, wondering what such a thing was called, trying to go through his memories to see if there was a name for such a thing. "You nearly scared me to death!" Her voice would bring a low chuckle from the pain, his head sweeping around when she cleared it up that she nearly fell. Slowly his body would turn, a paw moving over the other so that he could face the woman who was already asking what he was doing here, she hadn't seen anyone in awhile.

"My apologies miss, I didn't expect my announcement to cause such a thing." He would give a small dip of his head in apology, ears swiveling to face the woman as he gave a swing of his tail. "Like I said out there, just passing by. I have no destination or plan in mind, just an aging man exploring a new bit of land." He found no harm in telling the gal, if was up to her whether to believe him or not, but his appearance would definitely give away a calm aura, not hiding anything, just a friendly soul up to nothing.

With a smile he would motion towards her with a raised brow, taking a few steps forward but leaving a good amount of space between the two in case the woman was cautious of him. He understood. "What about you miss, what brings you to these ruins?" Just curious was all.

"normal.
speech.
thought.
you."

Aranya

gems
size
build
player
12-14-2013, 10:17 AM

Aranya took in the hall with a muted sort of curiosity. She was focused on the lupe before her of course, but only once before had she ever been in a manplace. Her mother and father both had warned her to no end about the dangers of them, but by the smell here this one had been abandoned for quite some time. She supposed it was safe enough, and it was rude manners to hold a conversation from such a distance. She slowly padded towards the male, listening as he talked. At his apology she smiled and shrugged her shoulders, her slipping already mostly forgotten. "It's no big deal!" she said, her voice cheery. She came to stand beside the male, looking at the wall that had so caught his attention.

She gazed at the hanging as well as he spoke. He seemed kindhearted, as far as she could tell. Comforting even. Aranya liked him immediately, and smiled once more as he questioned her, then fell silent. "I'm here for the same reason you are," she said, her voice cheery and expressing her youth. "Just wandering about, and I've never seen a place like this before. My sire and dam always they were unsafe, but this one seems okay enough I suppose. And interesting besides." She gazed a while longer at the wall, her gaze shifting from the hanging to the cut stone, which she found just as fascinating. "D'you suppose they had magic, to make things like this?" If he thought he younger yet for considering such things, so be it. It was fun to think about, if nothing else. She looked to him and grinned, tilting her head. "My name is Aranya Eloise Netonya, by the way"

Speech,Thoughts,

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-18-2013, 01:58 PM

A brow would raise at the woman who decided to approach him, even taking a seat beside him to gaze at he wall of stone. She would answer his question in cheery voice, the same reason as him. She was just wandering around and has never seen a place like this before, her parents telling her they were unsafe, but this one seemed okay and interesting to her. Fermin would have to agree. But then the conversation would go in a strange direction, the woman asked if he thought they used magic to make these things. He didn't want to seem rude but a low rumbling chuckle would slip from his lips, head slowly moving from side to side at the idea. Before he could answer though she would speak up again, giving her name, which was quite lovely.

?A pleasure to meet you Miss Netonya, I'm Fermin, but my last name doesn't sound as lovely as yours.? Was the man trying to flirt with the young lady? Heavens no, he actually did think she had a lovely name. With a smile the man would look away from Arayna and back to the wall, light blue gaze trailing over the stones which were almost identical to each other. "Magic you say..." He'd hum softly, tail lightly thumping against the ground. "I have only heard of such a thing in stories, but who knows, maybe the two-legs did use magic to make this place." Was he serious? Who knows, the man never met a two-leg, therefore the possibility was there that they used magic.

"normal.
speech.
thought.
you."

Aranya

gems
size
build
player
12-24-2013, 01:12 PM

We all want something to hold in the night

We don't care if it hurts when we're holding too tight

Aranya's childish statement was met with amusement from the older wolf, but she did not mind, and had expected it to some degree. She laughed as well and shrugged. "Well, I certainly wouldn't be able to make something like this. If I could, I'd make a den so large none would equal it. It would be opulent and lovely. I fear I'd never leave." She chuckled at the picture she had painted for herself. Such a foolish girl... She rolled her eyes. "I suppose it's for the best, then!" She stood and trotted a few feet further down the hall, looking for anything else.

She noticed several minute features, each more fascinating than the last. The base of the walls had a small story carved into them, or so it appeared. Creatures she guessed must be two-legs rode atop strange, antler-less deer, and chased small creatures. Foxes, fowl, stags. She must have present an odd sight, side-stepping with her snout so close to the crease of the floor and wall. She looked up, her ears perked upwards, a glint in her eyes. "Fermin, look at this!" she said, voice full of pleasant surprise. "It's a picture of a two-leg hunt. They must have been quite grand, to hunt so many creatures at once." She was impressed, and fearful. On such large deer, she was certain they could have ridden down a wolf as easily as a fox.

"Speech," Think

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-26-2013, 11:21 PM

Fermin would smirk at the girls' response, stating how she would not have been able to make something like this, and if she could she would make a den so big no one would be able to match it, and that she wouldn't leave it. He would chuckle at this, giving a small shake of his head in amusement. Miss Nentoya seemed like a good woman, her attitude one he wished he could find in others he ran into, really made his day better being able to interact with a friendly soul. Silently he would watch her stand up and trot away, moving a few feet further down the hall, examining the place.

With a low grunt the man would follow, pushing himself up and slowly following behind her. Blue orbs would travel up the left wall, looking over the blocks of stone and a pelt looking object torn higher up. He would come to a stop beside the young woman, his gaze focusing on the same story as her. He would sit back down, carefully taking in the images of animals standing on two legs like birds, but used their front limbs to hold objects. Very interesting, especially seeing them on top of female deer with a sturdier build.

Aranya would decide it was two-legs hunting, and how they were grand for being able to hunt so many animals at once. "Being able to hunt many animals is not always a good thing Miss Netonya." He would saying a low tone, head turning to look at her, but without a smile this time, instead holding a more serious expression. "Do you know why it isn't a good thing?" He wondered if she knew why, understood that you only take what you can eat and not waste a single thing.

"normal.
speech.
thought.
you."

Aranya

gems
size
build
player
12-27-2013, 02:39 PM

DON'T KNOW WHATCHA GOT
'TIL IT'S GONE

Fermin seemed very friendly and kind, but as he responded once more to the girl's musings, it struck her that he must be wise as well. Aranya had always thought that the better hunter you were, the more impressive the wolf. Even animals that weren't wolves, even if it made them a little bit scary. The pale fae frowned and tilted her head at the dusky male, considering what he had said. She turned her gaze at long last to the hunters on the wall. It struck her that there were dozens of animals fleeing the pack, but only a lawful of two legs.

"Well," she said slowly, thinking carefully. "I don't suppose so few two legs could eat so much prey. Unless they have big packs back at their dens. Even so, it's not very smart of them to live so close together, unless they don't mind running all the prey off." Skill was well enough, she decided, but wisdom was better. She hoped that was the answer the older wolf was looking for. She wanted to impress the male, and show him that maybe, even for her years, she could be wise one day too.

"Speech," Thoughts,

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
12-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Ooc: so sorry for poop tag!

Ears would perk up, listening to what the woman had to say about his question. She brought up how she doubted two legs could eat so much prey, unless they had big packs back at their den and that it wasn't smart to live so close together unless they didn't mind running the prey off. It wasn't exactly what he was thinking, but it would have to do for now. The man would give a small nod of his head to Miss Aranya, his attention going back to the images. "Not only will you scare the prey off Miss Aranya, but you will make their numbers dwindle. Over hunting will cause them to become extinct, two-legs did that a lot. They became greedy creatures." He would explain, his tone becoming void of the happy tones from just moments ago, becoming more serious, sad.

"normal.
speech.
thought.
you."

Aranya

gems
size
build
player
01-01-2014, 10:00 PM

Aranya listened carefully to her elder, drinking in his words, ruminating over them, trying to come up with thoughts of her own. She understood what he meant, and she had heard of such things happening with packs of wolves. They grew too large, needed too much food. They would become mean and bitter and fall apart. Was that what he meant? Well, she finally said. Personally, I've never seen one before, so I guess whatever they did or do, they aren't doing it here. At least there's that? She wasn't sure what the right answer was any more, and it struck her that maybe there really wasn't one. She also thought that maybe there would always be cruel, evil things. Without them, how could they know who was good and worth trusting? Aranya knew she didn't like the bad wolves she'd met, but it certainly made her more appreciative of kind brutes like Fermin. At least there's some of us who know better, she said. That's gotta count for something.

Speech,Thoughts,

Fermin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
01-05-2014, 05:00 PM

Ears would twitch at the woman's voice, taking in her words and questions. She mentioned that at least we knew better, and for that he would give a slow nod of his head. The nice atmosphere seemed to have taken on a not so good feel now, and so the male would pick himself up and give a small shake before looking towards the woman. "It was a pleasure meeting you Miss Netonya, I look forward to running into you around here once again." He smiled, giving a dip of his head to the woman. The male would walk a few feet down the hall, but just as he would get to the end that he had entered, he would stop and look back to Aranya. "You have a nice day, ever wanna chat again or just lay around, I should be close by." Another dip of his head and the man would be off.

-exit fermin-

"normal.
speech.
thought.
you."

Aranya

gems
size
build
player
01-06-2014, 08:51 AM

DON'T KNOW WHATCHA GOT
'TIL IT'S GONE

The man's words took on a tone of farewell, and for that Aranya would smile sadly. All things must come to an end, she knew, and it appeared as though the end was upon them. She had enjoyed her afternoon with Fermin, though, and when he mentioned looking forward to seeing her again, she nodded and smiled. "I will, Master Fermin. It was an honor meeting you." Aranya watched as he turned away. She jumped back up onto her perch, the one he had found her on, and settled in to watch the man and the sun disappear over the horizon. She thought long ad hard over all that he had said, and the carvings on the wall, and the fate of the two legs. In the end, Aranya could only conclude that she wanted to meet more wolves like Fermin, and that nearly being scared out of her fur was well worth it. She looked up to watch the moon rise above her, and smiled.

-END-

"Speech," Thoughts,