Keeping Cool

Xander

gems
size
build
player
12-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Xander

The journey from Tokota has been challenging and almost rewarding as he set out on an extension to his little adventure ? these lands were beautiful and it felt as if they went on forever, maybe he was wrong but he didn?t see the finish line to where he was standing. His black tipped ears flicked forward as his coal coloured nostrils flared picking up the seasonal scent of winter, easily identifying the sweet smell of water.

Through his deep chocolate brown eyes the young male looked from his left and then to his right before finding himself looking down towards a lake which was merrily tucked away within the mountains, a small path had been sketched out into the side of the mountain where many animals had trekked down to locate this fresh source of rain water which had evidently collected over a large source of time. He slowly made his way down towards the bank of the crystal clear lake; he assumed that no one would mind him lingering here, if only for a little while.

His tail flicked to and fro as he looked down into the lake, his image reflecting back at him like a mirror as he continued to stare, he wasn?t a vain wolf and he often didn?t care too much for his appearance, but after the excessive journey and the quick fight with the stag prior to entering this breath taking landscape, his muscles felt torn and ached throughout, knowing that a long bath would do his bones and joints well he slipped into the water. Allowing the fresh and cool liquid to lap at his sides as it rippled around him.

He remained near the edge of the lake, seeing that the lake was much deeper in the centre, he was a good swimming however only swam when he had too so he felt it was unnecessary to venture any deeper into the water. His claws dug into the bed of the lake as he dipped his skull under the clear water before looking towards the sky, taking a moment to just admire the beauty around him.

With the ripples of the lake's surface and the gentle lapping of the water against his multi-coloured frame he couldn't help but to loose himself in the peace and quiet that this valley had to offer. His ears flicked forward upon his skull as his nose inhaled the fresh smells around the area, the crisp leafs which crunched under the lightest of weight, the icy cold winds which circulated the area and sent a chill down even the strongest wolves spine and the fresh water of which engulfed half his figure, soaking his coat yet it was very much needed, assuming he was alone he allowed his defences to slacken as he rocked back to his rump, his body sinking under the water as his head was bobbing on the water?s surface; he could happily lay like this forever.

Virgil I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
12-01-2013, 02:24 PM
She was from the lands of summer, where a thick coat was never required and one never had to worry about freezing to death. Here, in these northern reaches, the young matriarch felt most uneasy. Virgil wouldn't surrender herself to misery, but she was understandably uncomfortable, shivers present on her fur as she sought to keep her blood circulating.

Amenti was home for now, however, and that meant living in the North during the icy winter. The soft-brown she-wolf care little for the lands themselves, although she did not mind the pack. While her hind leg and infection healed she would need to stay there, but she hoped to be able to challenge for a pack come spring, one in the warmer reaches of Alacritia. It was her duty as matriarch, after all.

Fiery gaze fell upon a man resting in a frigid lake, frown contorting upon her features. Virgil was not the sort to take foolish risks for others, and so she was not tempted to jump into the water and retrieve the man right now, but she was concerned. Was he suicidal or something? "The fuck kinda idiot are you?" she called out, the concern in her voice evident, but perhaps hidden behind the irritation. "Didn't your mother ever tell you about hypothermia?" she told him.

Virgil debated going in after him, to drag him out, but decided better. Risking an icy death for a stranger who was too reckless to care did not bode well; no, the woman would wait, tail wavering as she observed him, gaze set upon him as she waited for some form of response. Would he stay in the lake? It seemed a foolish endeavor to her, but it was his life, he could waste it as he pleased.

Xander

gems
size
build
player
12-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Xander

The silence was peaceful, sometimes he felt his lonliness was deafening however recently he had come to terms with the loner he had become and had little interaction with others since he had left Tokota. As the waters chilled his aching and burning frame a soft sigh escaped his pursed lips, his breath fogging in front of his warm chocolate gaze. Closing his eyes he managed to loose himself for a second longer before his silence was shattered; he didn?t jump, simply he opened his eyes and turned, rotating his body to face another wolf. As she spoke his head tilted to the left understanding her words but she clearly wasn?t use to this weather unlike him.

Slowly and calmly he rose to his paws, his long and strong legs carrying him towards the bank of the small lake before pulling himself out onto its shore, he stepped to her left and stood off to the side, allowing his eyes to remain fixated on her warm colours. ?Sorry Miss? he began, ?I was under the impression that I was alone? he spoke, his calm vocals were deep and sometimes described as mysterious. ?I do not mean to cause offense or to be rude? he paused, his tail flicking from left to right as he continued his line of conversation, ?My name is Xander? he introduced himself with a gentlemanly bow of his smooth skull.

As his head rose his eyes took the opportunity to assess the situation he had involuntarily became a part of and he had been silently taken back by her entrance however he was new here so making a friend would only be a bonus to the life he had chosen to lead. ?May I know your name?? he questioned her, his ears flicking forward to indicate that she had stolen his complete focus. As he waited for her response he took a few steps away from the female, ensuring that he was in a safe distance from her to shake out his dripping coat, his fur waved left and right as the droplets of water cascaded into the ground, his black claws gripping the frosted soil to ensure that he remained in one place, quickly he stopped, weakly shaking his fur back so it dropped in its natural place ? he was not dry but at least he was now not standing in a little puddle.

Regaining the lost ground between himself and this unnamed beauty, he stretched out his tired limbs and took those few steps towards her, relaxing in her presence as he allowed his rump to grace the frozen ground, his nose pointed in her direction and his eyes fixating on her once more.

Virgil I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
12-01-2013, 03:15 PM
It would seem that he would listen to her, well sort of. Virgil hadn't exactly demanded that he depart the lake, for that was not her place (she wasn't his matriarch, or his mother), and yet he exited. She felt relieved, although her heart could not deny the prickle of concern. Would the air turn him into an icicle?

An apology fell from his lips and she would shake her head. "You have no need to apologize to me. If you want to risk your own health, that is your business," she told him. Perhaps it was a standoffish response, for he was simply attempting to be courteous, but Virgil didn't wish to seem weak. "I also don't happen to wish to watch someone freeze to death. It sort of dampens one's day, do you not agree?" she said. It was a hard thing to disagree with, and perhaps there was a bit of a chastising tone to her voice.

He introduced himself as Xander, and she nodded, writing it down in the pages of her memory. He moved away for a bit, inquiring about her name and politely shaking himself out, out of her. She sighed, supposing there was no need to be so irritated."Virgil Olympus," she introduced, incapable of departing from her last name even when it held no weight in a situation. "Are you new to these lands?" she asked, being new herself. She wondered where he might come from, and if he knew anything of the packs in this area.

Xander

gems
size
build
player
12-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Xander

As she spoke of a freezing body he couldn?t help his chest from rumbling in a soft chuckle as the corner of his lips curled upwards into a smile, ?I completely agree with you ? It would dampen ones day? he nodded to her, she may have not meant it as a joke but he certainly had a different type of humour to others. ?I guess I did not view it in that matter?? he simply suggested as he rolled his shoulders backwards, ?I am only guessing here, but I imagine you aren?t use to these climates?? he asked her, he was a man full of questions as he believed that it was the easiest and quickest way of getting to know someone.

Once she gave him his name he said it over and over again in his mind, mentally storing it away in case in the future, they crossed paths once more, ?A very lovely name Miss Virgil? he announced his body shifting to a stand as he rolled his shoulders back once more, he needed to rest really but wouldn?t do so now; it would be rude to excuse himself so early in a conversation.

At least he wasn?t the only one asking questions, as her question poured from her lips he simply nodded to her, maybe him being a loner wasn?t as evident as he had imagined, ?I am indeed? he spoke, his breath continuing to fog in front of his eyes, ?I have been travelling for months from a former pack named Tokota? he explained, ?This is where I have ended up? with this he took a look around them, allowing his eyes to absorb all of the beauty that these mountains had to offer once more.

His attention returned to Virgil, ?Are you also new to these areas?? he questioned her, his tail swaying from left to right, wondering, subconsciously how he was doing with this conversation; it was rare that he would run into others wolves ? he felt like an outsider since he had been exiled from his previous pack, his confidence had taken a large hit that day and he had been struggling to get this back, hopefully his doubts weren?t as evident as his status to this female.

Virgil I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
12-09-2013, 03:13 PM

Their conversation was pleasant enough. Virgil had yet to associate with many creatures within the boundaries of these lands, and as such she found herself enjoying this encounter. Friendships were powerful things, as was information. Perhaps this wolf could provide her with one, the other, or both. The man mentioned that she may not have been used to these climates and she shrugged. ?I was born in warmer lands,? she said. Fire ran through her veins in more than one way; not only was she short-tempered, but she had little appreciation for chilled weather. He complimented her name and she would merely dip her head in a silent thanks. She was used to flattery as a means to get something, and so it almost offset her.
She listened to the man?s story, having never heard of a Tokota, but supposing it was impossible for anyone to know all of the kingdoms. He inquired about her own story, and she decided it was not worth hiding. After all, what did she, blood of the gods, have to fear from this man? ?I am somewhat new. I came here injured a while ago, and have spent a bit of time hidden away healing,? she said. ?I have recently fully healed,? she said, explaining why she was now out and exploring. It was also a message I am not weak.
Table by Lu - Image by Poison - Code for Ala Only
[Image: 2u8dyte.jpg]