Oracle

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-27-2013, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2013, 09:27 AM by Oracle.)
OOC:: Oracle has panosteitis, its basicly servere growing pains with a side of fever. Just thought i would mention becouse Merci would probably have treated her for it. If you want to know more heres the web page i am using http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=3238

Oracle was worried, she had not seen her parents in three days her siblings in two and the beach bellow her perch at the cave den mouth was empty, fear made her anxious and she paced the small doorway backwards and forward again and again overhead the day was grey and overcast. She wanted to go inside and curl up in a big ball of fur like she used to but the den was cold and as quiet as the beach below.

Oracle was one year old her paws and ears nearly matching her frame, she was tall and lanky having shot up in the past few months to a hight that only her fathers genes could explain, it had no been a fun experience and she still remembered the pain, and feared she had more to suffer. Her muscles where still lacking however though her winter coat had started to appear adding a little shape to her frame. She paused in her pacing, as a slight noise broke the silence she sniffed the air as one of the wolves had taught her testing it for the well know scents of her family, but there was nothing but the stale scent from the den. She let out a sigh that bordered on a whimper there was nothing here, she let her shoulders slump and curled in on herself.

The noise came again breaking through her momentary melancholy and this time she managed to pinpoint its source. The den further along the rock shelf still held life, in her fear and disoriantation she had forgotten about Aunt Mercianne and her sons and daughter sheltering not ten meters distant, for a moment longer she sat waiting then taking a deep breath she stood once more and shifted carefully along the ledge between the dens maybe Aunt Merci would know what was going on and what to do. This den was smaller dug for the smaller dame and her children she paused at the entrance she could not know for sure who she would find in the hollow but at this point she needed the company. Ducking slightly to fit inside she had grown a lot in the past year she peered into the den, it was dark inside and it took a moment for her eyes to adjust, ? aunt Merci?? she queried, uncertainty and fear clear in her voice, ?can I,? her voice stuttered a bit and she cleared her throat, ?can I talk to you please?? she could see the woman now and wondered if the other yearlings where sleeping at the back she kept her voice low just in case. She liked them all well enough but right now her ears where pressed against her scalp her head carried low, with none of the pride Gargoyle had taught her, in that moment it did not matter that she had grown so that she rivalled the dams own hight because for that second she was nothing more or less then a scared pup seeking reassurance.

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
10-29-2013, 09:06 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

The dull weather combined with the five rambunctious youths that remained of her litter had been simply too much for Mercianne to take that day. Since Kestrel's disappearance, she had been considerably more worrisome, ordering her boys to stay close and practically hovering over their every move. She was paranoid one of them would be next, that she might lose more children than the one she knew had gone missing, and she wished to do anything and everything in her power to prevent it while at the same time scouring the land for the one presently absent. No sign of her young girl had so far been found but the mother clung desperately to the hope that she might reappear, keeping up a strong presence for her sons and those around her while she could.

She could not express how grateful she had been that Knight Cloud had been close that day. His kindness and assistance had grown to be invaluable to her after he had started to make his presence more strongly known, but on this day it had been paramount to her overall well being. Her emotions felt frayed to the point of breaking, and rather than question her or cause a fuss he had merely accepted her request to draw the boys away from their shoreline home, giving her time to herself as she needed it. She had thanked him though her words failed to express just how grateful she was to him, and once they had gone out of sight she had crept back inside of her den to let the flood of emotions spill over as they had been wishing to do.

It was not until she heard a voice at the entrance of the den that she stirred, uncurling from the tightly coiled position she had drawn herself into to try and keep her body whole. Peering over one shoulder, she noted easily the large shape of the wolf there and knew in an instant who it was. "Oracle," she stated, her voice just minutely breaking as she attempted to pull herself together for the girl. It was not entirely uncommon for her to see her, particularly with the state of the growing pains that had been plaguing the poor girl. Already she was going through the list of plants that she had been storing to see if she had enough of what she needed to assist her when the girl spoke up, the tone of her voice leading her to believe that it was not simply growing pains that were bothering her today.

Merci paused for a moment as she watched her as she considered what could be wrong, but she quickly collected herself and moved to her paws, making room for the large girl if she wished to join her. "Of course," she answered Oracle's question, her concern drawing away from herself and easily switching over to the yearling's as it was easier for her to think about than her own. Concern etching itself upon her softly featured face with a slight but gentle furrowing of her brow, Mercianne peered at the girl more closely before speaking in a soft but concerned voice. "What's wrong?"

Oracle

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-30-2013, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013, 08:57 AM by Oracle.)
Oracle

Oracle dipped her head bending her shoulder and crawled through the low entrance, the area in side was larger and she could almost stand freely so she straightened slightly looking around the den are, ?where are the others,? she asked confusion in her voice but also fear had something happened where they the only two beings left alive in this cove? Where was everyone? She waited for Merci's reply before lowering her body once more her stomach pressed against the floor in one of the back corners of the den making her appear shorter then the dame as she looked up into the she-wolfs eyes, ?I don?t know where ma and pa are, they always come back but they've been gone for three days, there never gone this long and now, now Ode and Galah have vanished,? she sniffed and quickly looked away wiping away the tears that where forming in her eyes she was almost an adult and adults don?t cry, not ever. She knew galah and ode had to still be around they had been in the den last night but at this point the details didn't seem so important, she was alone and scarred and her family wasn't there.

?i just, do you know where they are? its getting cold and what if they fall asleep?? she had been taught early on the dangers of falling asleep in the cold, and though it was still relatively warm she knew that time would only make the chill worse, and what if they where lost or hurt or... she started to get twitchy again her ears pivoting to try and find some source of noise in the quiet den her muscles tensing and relaxing urging her to get up and start pacing again. She had been looking at the floor as she spoke but now she raised her head ?what if they don?t come home.? she whispered stretching out her neck, reaching across the distance between them seeking physical touch seeking reassurance that yes, everything would be fine, and no, of cause her parents would come home but, Ocena had taught her that night on the beach that death always came it was a matter of time, the circle of life could not be stopped. She had not fully grasped the message at the time but now sitting in this cave like the last two wolves left in the universe she realised that death could just as easily catch her parents as it had those unlucky turtle cubs on the beach at the full moon.

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
10-30-2013, 08:27 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

She was glad that the girl did not hesitate to step inside the den and did so willingly. Her friendship with Ocena might have been distracted at the best of times, what with the both of them tending to their families seemingly on their own, but she had always tried to keep that door open between them and their children, wishing to cling to what little bit remained of the pack life they had once all lived by. She missed it desperately, the busy bustle, the close company. The safety.

A question was posed regarding the absence of the many bodies who typically shared the den with her, and though she had known that her small time away from them had been direly needed the timid mother wolf felt her ears tip backward guiltily. "They're with Knight Cloud," she explained, "He's been helping me when I need it. Raising so many pups is hard work." She smiled with near laughter, but the guilt still coursed below the surface of her expression, unable to hide what it was she felt from being projected even to this young wolf. She gave up the attempted lightheartedness and instead added with gentle frankness, "They shouldn't be far."

Oracle had scooted past her to settle near the back of the den where Mercianne had been curled up upon her arrival and Merci moved to lay nearby, listening as the troubled looking pup began to spill what it was that had been weighing upon her mind so visibly. The news was worrisome to the healer. She had known of Gargoyle's prolonged absence, but the news of Ocena disappearing was new to her. She had always supposed the other woman to be busy or distracted with her children, possibly even trying to keep their ragtag group of Snow Rogues together while she herself searched for her missing daughter, but it seemed she had been wrong. Was there possibly a connection between the two disappearances? Was there possibly a connection between all the disappearances? It was probably too big of a leap, but feeling paranoid enough already Mercianne was almost willing to consider it.

But as the poor distraught girl voiced the single most terrifying thought that had been plaguing her, Mercianne could only think of her sadness and need for consolation. "Oh, dear," she murmured gently as she scooted forward across the warm earth of the den, moving to curl her smaller frame around the girl's shoulder and nuzzle the back of her neck consolingly. How could she tell her that everything was going to be okay when she was partly convinced it would not? When her own daughter still remained lost and apart from her family, from where she should have been? "I'm so sorry, Oracle." She took a moment to quietly reassure the girl with a few soft licks across the top of her head and another nuzzle against her cheek before meeting her eyes. "You know I'm always here for you, right?" she asked. She could not promise Oracle that her parents would come back, or that her siblings were no far, but she could at least, with certainty, promise this.

Oracle

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Oracle gave a soft whimper at the woman touch and Oracle turned her head trying to burying her muzzle in the soft fur over the dames chest as something inside her gave way, the box she had kept closed for the last two days, the one that had been straining for freedom all morning finally burst wide, and the tears of fear and frustration that she had been holding back began to seep from her eyes. She did not make a move to pull away to answer merci's question but simply nodded into the girls chest the back of her head bumping against the woman?s chin. She stayed there for a while curled against the smaller dames body, as the tears increased, it was true that most of her experiences with the dame had been because of her bones but Oracle trusted her she was pack some of the only pack that Oracle had ever known, and Oracle would lay down her short life to protect her pack, especially now. Her sobs had dissolved into soft hiccups and sighs and gently she pulled away.

She brought her fore paws up running them over her face to brush away the last remnants of the tears from her face, ?I'm sorry,? she muttered, ?I just, I thought they would be back they are always here and, can I stay with you tonight ? ? she lifted her head to meet the small dames eyes. Oracles den was not empty her siblings would come beck eventually but it felt wrong without ma or pa. She waited for the answer in tense silence, the smaller den would be a tight squeeze with another wolf added to it but she still wanted to stay.

It was then her stomach growled making itself know she had always had a source of food but for the past three days she had not eaten anything, partially it was because her parents had not brought anything and partially it was because she had been on vigil waiting at the den for their return. For a moment she looked at her stomach almost shocked then embarrassed she looked back across at the dame, ?you don?t have anything I could eat do you,? They had told her to be safe and so she had staying near home sure she had gone out and played with knight but that was just on the beach, and she had been on the beach even before she had had farther permission. The beach was safe she wasn't so sure about the woods and plains, she had yet to be taught to hunt not properly and the only fight training was that of a pup.

OOC: would it be ok if i invited some of the other pups, like odette and possibly galahad.

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
11-06-2013, 11:23 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

She seemed so upset, and Mercianne knew well enough that it was all justified. Her whole family had disappeared rather suddenly, leaving the poor girl alone and lacking the care and companionship that family provided. It was a wonder at all that she had decided to stay back waiting for them rather than marching right off into the world to see if she might find them herself, which would have surely placed her in all sorts of dangers. Possibly even the same sort of dangers that Merci's own daughter was having to deal with right now. Her strong mother's instincts made her curl herself more snugly beside the girl, to hold her that much tighter to reassure her that she was not alone, that there was still someone in the great, wide, intimidating world that still cared and would be there for her. She had failed to instill that properly in Kestrel, but she had every intention of making up for that now in every way that she could.

There was no rush to Mercianne as she allowed the girl to cry, placing soft, soothing licks to the back of her head to let her know that she was still there. And eventually Oracle did manage to get herself put to rights again, at least enough so to draw back and apologize for her sudden distress. The healer only smiled knowingly, tenderly, not holding what had happened against her in the slightest. She too needed days and moments where she simply let go and let everything come crashing down on her rather than continue on with the weight of it resting upon her shoulders. When asked if she could stay the night, Mercianne immediately nodded, adding quietly, "My den is always open to you."

Herbs and plants might have been on hand and at the ready for more possible growing pains, but hunger was one thing the creamy white wolf had not anticipated. There was no ready offers when Oracle spoke of food, and the expression upon Merci's face became considerably more apologetic. "I'm afraid I don't," she answered guiltily, "but I might be able to get something for you?" Her hunting skills were still rusty after having her children and then losing Kestrel. Most of her time went to watching the boys protectively and actively searching for her missing child. Only Knight seemed to remain conscious of her body's need for sustenance, reminding her to eat and even going so far as to bring her small meals to get by. But a small hunting expedition would do her good, and she supposed from the sound of Oracle it would do good for her too.

OOC: Of course! c: All Ocena's and Gargie's kids are welcome.

Oracle

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-09-2013, 02:49 AM
For a moment oracle ears fell, not food, then they pricked a look of delight crossing her face, as excitement bubbled up inside her, ?you mean hunting?? she was going hunting, ?really? Can I come?? her ears pricked, as she twisted her body away a little so she could see the ladies face clearly, ?I?ll help, I promise,? Oracle rose to her feet almost bumping her head on the ceiling before remembering that this was not the large den she usually lived in, ?just tell me what to do,? her tail was starting to sway behind her. She had heard so many good hunting stories and had wanted to join a hunt since she was only a few months old, but her parents had been sure to keep her a long way away from the danger, even the realisation that hunting meant killing and the death of others had not dimmed her enthusiasm, after all the animals where there to be food and killing to eat was not a cruelty.

The bright light of her first hunt helped brush away the last vestiges of the sadness now locked away in her heart. Her tail was sweeping faster now it blew past a stack of herbs almost knocking them over and she quickly tucked it she didn't want to give the lady a reason to say no ?i'll wait outside,? she said sheepishly ducking her head and squeezing her way out of the den.

Waiting for the dame Oracle was to excited to sit down, a hunt she was going hunting and if she was lucky Galahad at least would turn up he never seemed to miss a meal. Smiling widely she forced herself to sit and wait patiently, the dame probably wouldn't take long but to an excited pup it would seem an eternity.

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
11-13-2013, 08:42 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

She had been anticipating the look of upset that crossed the youngster's face when the fact no food was readily available had been spoken, though the eagerness and excitement that quickly stole over her upon knowing that Mercianne was willing to catch her something was entirely unexpected. The stressed mother felt herself beginning to smile all the more brightly again, sincerely happy to be able to light up the child like this. Not only did it seem to be what Oracle needed what with her family gone missing - though Merci did wonder about the other children; were they simply out adventuring? - but it was good for her too. Even if she had needed that moment alone to curl up quietly by herself inside the den, her true calling had always been in assisting others. It was why healing had come so naturally to her, why she had been able to gain her confidence through it. But sometimes making others well came in other forms, some as simple as an impromptu hunting expedition.

"Yes, I mean hunting," she responded with a kind smile as the black, tan, and grey girl eagerly stood up and nearly toppled over the few herbs that Mercianne kept close at hand to ease a calming scent over her children at night, to assist in restful sleep while their sister remained absent. Seemingly embarrassed, Oracle excused herself and crawled her way outside the den to wait. Having the space to herself again, the quiet white wolf took a moment to breathe. Spending this little time with Oracle, and all the times in between helping tend to her pains, reminded her of her loss, of the daughter she had once possessed. I hope she's okay out there. I wish she could be here now.

Finally drawing herself up onto her paws, she followed Oracle's trail out of the den and into daylight. The pup was grinning, too excited even to sit and wait, but just the sight of her enthusiasm was enough to infect Merci and get her smiling too. "I'm sure we can find a little something around here. Maybe even something you can get on your own," the creamy white wolf stated encouragingly. She led the way out of the den and back up further inland, aiming for the places where the grasses grew before the treeline. There were typically little creatures abundant here - she had seen her pups playing amongst the mice on mock hunts - and knew the pickings to be relatively easy. "Just this way." Merely being out of the den and on the prowl brought some of her natural instinct back, and Mercianne found herself lowering her head and making the placement of her paws with more care, dark brown eyes focused and her ears ever alert. Already she could catch a little of the scents that greeted her and within a few paces the scratching was audible enough to elicit a smile to her expression as she glanced over one shoulder at the youth who followed. "Do you hear that?" she whispered, pausing so that Oracle could stop and put her ears to use too.

Oracle

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Oracle

Oracle followed after Merci her feet dancing in the foot prints she knew that very little had changed her family was still missing but she felt less alone safe with Merci as they moved towards the paths, she danced after the dame she was going hunting and she might get a chance to hunt by herself. She almost didn't notice when Merci froze but the words brought her back to herself, quickly she crouched down hiding as much as she could her ears pricking up to listen, they scanned around searching for the disturbance her aunt had found, and there it was, there was a rustling up ahead not a huge noise, so not something that could harm them most likely but still noticeable her ears fixed to the spot she sniffed but could not pin point the scent, ?there?s noises but what is it,? she whispered turning to face the women whilst her ears continued to track the sound. She had not realised staying still would be of such importance but she held her position as best she could copying her aunt.