Tingling Paws

Haku

gems
size
build
player
10-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Ooc: set before Amenti moved here

Haku would travel North. Always North. Where it got colder. Snowier. Better. He had been travelling for a few hours, his thin, underfed body shuffling along at a slow but steady pace. Since Aria left, things hadn't been the same. Every night he was haunted by her ghosts and those golf his family. They all said that he had abandoned them. They wouldn't come back to him and one day he would pay. During the day, he would not eat. The most was a nibble of carrion a week to stop him from fainting. To try and calm himself, he would walk. That's what he was doing now, just walking.
After reaching a mountainous terrain, he started to feel a bit shaky. His bones felt as if they set rattling inside of him. Looking around with darting eyes, he would see a cave. Stumbling to the entrance, he would drag himself inside, his paws tingling. A yellow haze settled itself on his vision before THWUMP he had collapsed.

"speech"

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-22-2013, 06:30 PM

She had spoken to Siarvon the other day, and had come to the north to catch something and rest for when she went back to find Haku. Aria had to be careful with her traveling, make sure she was still fit, not getting rusty. That's why she feasted on her kill where she took it down, then cleaned herself after, not wanting to leave a stronger scent behind that could lead somebody to her easily. She didn't stay in a spot long either, spending a few nights then leaving and finding a new place to stay.

After doing the usual she would make her way to the den she had made in the mountain, most called it the caves of the past because there were strange images on the walls, said to be there for years from humans. A nice little place, any scents fresh were those of small rodents and creatures trying to escape the north's temperatures.

With the sun behind her, lowering in the sky she would approach her den but something was off. She would come to a stop, sniffing the air to catch a familiar scent. Aria gulped, ears folding back on her head as she realized who it belonged to. Haku. She felt so guilty, she had left him, without even saying goodbye or mentioning where she was going. She was also curious, why was he here, away from Ludicael?

With a deep breath she would move forward, keeping her head level with her shoulder. Green eyes would stare straight ahead, the distance closing between her and the entrance, the form of a body on the ground coming into view. It was definitely him. "Haku..." Her voice was soft, sweet, almost dream like as she stopped right behind him, lowering her head and gently brushing her cheek against his.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Haku

gems
size
build
player
10-23-2013, 03:47 PM

Haku could feel his heartbeat throughout his body, especially in his head. He was designed of almost all energy. The little he had being used for breathing and keeping his eyes open. Only short sentences passed through his head. Can't move Haku was frozen solid. The only thing movable were his eyes. The green orbs darted around the cave. His heartbeat grew faster and the throbbing continued.

Echoes started bouncing around the cave from outside. They were constant, and coming towards him. He was completely vulnerable to whoever came in. Help. Haku' s eyes strained to look at the entrance. Only half was viewable to him, but it was enough. Enough to see Aria.

She moved up behind him. Her claws clicking against the cold ground. She was a bit battered, but definetly his Aria. How? When? Why? As Aria bent down and brushed her cheek against his, shivers found their way throughout his body. Haku... Her beautiful voice was heavento his ears. His heartbeat had slowed a tad and the throbbing more dull. He could find that he could now move partially, enough to talk.

Aria. What, happened? He stopped to breath in between words. Why was she hurt? Where had she been? Why had she left...? Many more things clouded his brain as rights and questions rushed in.

"speech"

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-24-2013, 08:17 AM

"Aria. What, happened?" It was painful to hear his voice, the breaths between each word, he was struggling. She would sigh heavily, green orbs running over his thin body. What had he been doing to himself while she was gone, why was he putting himself through it. She would give a small shake of her head, gently running her tongue over his snout. She needed to get something into his stomach, he needed some energy to move away from this spot and further in.

With another sigh she would look out of the cave then back to the man, a softness coming to her gaze. "I will explain later, first I must get you something to eat..." She would take a step back, but stood there a few moments, as if debating whether she should leave him alone for a few minutes or not. "I promise I will be back." And with that she would turn away from him and jog out of the cave's entrance, heading off in the direction she made a kill before she had come back and found him.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Haku

gems
size
build
player
10-25-2013, 12:27 PM

Was this really happening? Or was it an illusion? I will explain later, first I must get you something to eat... Am I, dead? Worry flashed through his mind as the possibility of death formed. It must be true. Aria isn't really here. It's all in my mind.

Aria left, supposedly for food. His heart felt as if a spear had been thrown through it. Please don't let me lose her again The emaciated, dirty-looking man lay paralyzed on the floor of a cave somewhere in Alactricia, waiting.

"speech"

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-25-2013, 10:17 PM
ooc: ugh, crappy, sowwy /

No, he wasn't dead at all, that was one thing she definitely would not allow. She would shake her head, not wanting to think of such things, just pushing herself to move quickly, try to grab as much as she could from that kill she made. She was gone about half an hour, gripping a leg tightly in her jaws, plenty of meat for the male to fill his stomach in one sitting.

In she went, padding up and stopping beside Haku, dropping the leg near his head and motion for him to begin eating. "Eat and rest, we can talk once that's done." She spoke in a soft and caring tone, laying down behind him, and gently nudging him in the neck.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Haku

gems
size
build
player
10-26-2013, 04:02 PM

While Haku waited for his love to come back, to looked at the cave wall in front of him and thought. If he was dead, wouldn't he be healed? If he was alive, why was Aria here? Everything was confusing him. His gaze fell hazy and his body started throbbing once more.
Aria was soon to return, bringing Haku up from his wave of confusion. She had brought masses of meat with her laying it down beside him. Eat and rest. We can talk when that's done. Her voice told him to eat. He had been starving himself for weeks, simply not eating, but something in Aria made him hungry again, she gave him a reason to get better.
With the little mobility he had, Haku stretched his neck over to the meat and took a nibble of the fresh, juicy flesh. His appetite suddenly bust to life and he was tearing meat from the carcass in mouthfuls. Even though he was starving, his stomach was still small from weeks of being empty, although the meat he had eaten had given him the energy he needed to clear his thoughts and body. Haiku stiffly moved his legs so that in the was in a slightly less cramped position. All thoughts of being dead were gone. If he were dead he wouldn't be feeling as alive as he did now. He faced Aria, his emerald eyes gazing into her own and said Why?

"speech"

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-26-2013, 07:07 PM
She would lay there in silence, watching the man dig into the leg she had brought him. Haku looked terrible, the light in his eyes gone, body thin and beat up. Did he do this because of her, because she had been very foolish to run off without a word? Aria would sigh with a small shake of her head, she thought he was stronger than this, perhaps she would be able to help. His voice would catch her attention, green orbs looking into his dull ones as he asked, why...? She would stare at him for a few moments in silence before taking in a deep breath. "I felt betrayed, almost held there like a prisoner even though I had been loyal from the moment Jupiter called to form a pack." Her eyes would narrow, skin around her snout wrinkling in a silent growl. "She let me go and to prevent myself from doing something I would regret, I left." Her gaze would soften, hoping he would forgive her. "I'm so sorry for not saying anything to you Haku, I'm an idiot." She would turn her head away, staring down at the ground. She wasn't Sure if he would forgive her, having put him through this and showing and asking for forgiveness. He probably needed time.

Haku

gems
size
build
player
10-26-2013, 08:31 PM

Haku would wait for his love's answer. Green orbs staring into hers, curious. Why had she left Alacritis without a trace? Why had she left without so much as a 'see ya'? Her answer came soon.
I felt betrayed, almost held there like a prisoner even though I had been loyal from the moment Jupiter called to form a pack. A growl formed on Aria' s lips, but it was a silent one. How could Jupiter do that to one of her most loyal members? She let me go and to prevent myself from doing something I would regret, I left. Haku would let his gaze drop for a moment. She had a reason for leaving, but no goodbye? I'm so sorry for not saying anything to you Haku, I'm an idiot.
Haku looked up as she said these words. Her tone was soft. You had your reasons for leaving, I understand that. A goodbye would have been nice, a bit of warning. I'm sorry I wasn't there to maybe help you, or possibly go with you. I accept your apology, I just hope you accept mine Haku looked into her emerald eyes, seeking something, anything.

"speech"

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-26-2013, 08:48 PM

She expected his words to be unpleasant, express how disappointed he was that she would leave without a single word. But no, he told her he understood the reasons she left for, but a goodbye would have been nice, a warning. Indeed, a warning, even if very small would have been nice to give him. Not worry him, and make him half starve himself. But then he apologized to her, which made her look to him a bit confused. He shouldn't be apologizing to her, there was nothing he could do to help, and she wouldn't want him to go with her just because she felt betrayed. Didn't he have a connection to that place that would pain him like it did her?

Haku would accept her apology though, and hoped she would accept his. "Of course, and I promise this won't happen again." He voice was soft, a small smile forming on her lips, a warmth coming from her gaze. It wasn't till now she noticed how dark the cave had gotten since she first spotted him, most of the warm colors that filled the sky had darkened. She would look away from Haku to look out the cave entrance, rim of the sun about to vanish over the horizon. "We should head deeper in before the cold of night slips in." She would look back to him before lifting herself up.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Haku

gems
size
build
player
10-26-2013, 09:01 PM

Aria' s words were music to his ears. She accepted his apology, while promising it wouldn't happen again. He smiled, the first smile that had been placed upon his maw in weeks. The evening light bounced off the walls of the cave, showing the painting' s of the past. Haku noticed the darkness at the same time as Aria. The moon was chasing away the sun, as it did most nights. We should head deeper in before the cold of night slips in. Haku nodded happily and watched as Aria got up. She herself was a bit battered and bruised. What had she been doing while gone? A sudden thought crossed his mind. Would he himself be able to get up?
Haku readied himself. Tensing his muscles, he heaved himself up paw by paw. His feet were still shaky, but he could manage to walk, but slowly. He moved towards Aria, nodding his head for her to lead the way.

"speech"

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-26-2013, 09:10 PM

With him getting up and nodding for her to go, Aria would but would remain right beside him in case he needed an help walking. Down the main tunnel they went, passing a few smaller ones that branched off to dead ends. Since she had been staying here she knew a few good spots, safe, and if somebody happened to come upon them and want a fight, there was an escape route she knew of very nearby. It would only take a few minutes before she finally came to a stop, having walked down three main tunnels, a medium sized cave, and one last tunnel hidden by the darkness.

"Here it is, we should be good here." They came to a small but nice sized cave, a bed of moss, leaves and grass in a corner, a small puddle in the center and a few small herbs laying near the bed. "The bedding can be spread out a bit to fit both of us. You should probably try resting." Aria didn't want it to sound like she thought he was weak, just wanted him to rest up and regain his strength.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Haku

gems
size
build
player
10-26-2013, 09:35 PM

Aria stayed by his side instead of leading the way. Silently, Haku was thankful, he still wasnt sure on his feet. As Aria led them down mazes of dark tunnels, they finally stopped at what appeared to be Aria's den. It was very organized, cozy-looking. There was a very comfy bed at the back of the den, masses of bedding. The bedding can be spread out a bit to fit both of us. You should probably try resting. Haku nodded, a smile still on his maw. She was right he needed to rest. His strenght was already depleting from the amount of walking from before. Halu shuffled towards the bedding. Once beside it, he thinned it out, using his paws he carefully tore the bits abd pieces apart. It was now big enough for the both of them, but no less warm. Without a word, the snow white brute climbed onto the right side of the bedding. Moments after closing his eyes, Haku was soundly aaleep

"speech"

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-26-2013, 09:57 PM

After Haku made his way over to the bedding, laying it out and laying down, he was soon sleeping. Aria would remain standing where she stood, silently watching him with a relieved yet worried look. A big thing would be happening in the morning, something very important that would change their lives. She had been thinking about it a lot while she had been away, a very tough decision. Even though it felt right to her, she couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed, somebody would be getting hurt, something she didn't want to do.

With a heavy sigh she would turn away from the sleeping man, making her way down the tunnel. She would go off to a small pool of water to clean herself up, wash out dirt and dried blood from a few of her wounds then go on to clean her body, return the shine it used o have. She would also go back to the entrance where she found Haku, cleaning it up real good and taking the rest of the leg a nice distance away before coming back. It was then that she lay beside him, her body opposite the cave wall, trying to keep warmth on him and block any cool air that might have found its way into the small cave.

By morning she was up early, right as the sun was beginning its journey over the horizon. She had cleaned up the den a bit while Haku slept, organizing things, and even hunting a few small prey items. Rabbits, a nice little breakfast. When that was all finished she would go to her little herb stock area, plats laid out neatly on the ground, adding the ones she had picked while out hunting.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Haku

gems
size
build
player
10-27-2013, 06:01 PM

Haku woke in the morning feeling as fresh as a daisy. It had been the first night where his dreams weren't plagued by shadows. He hadn't stirred once, his belly full and the warmth of the cave keeping him still. He slept knowing that something horrible hadn't happened to his love, that she was safe and sound. When he woke, it was to the morning sounds from outside. Birds cheeped happily outside, nature's alarm clock. He could feel that his bones were much stronger than they had been the day before. The goodness from the meat with the help of rest had returned it.
Green orbs would scan the area. While he was asleep, Aria had been tidying. Fresh scents from outside told him that his love had already ventured out. Evidence of this as a pile of freshly caught rabbit on the cave floor. Aromatic herbs had been piled up to the small pond, next to which Aria sat. A smile rose on his maw. Good morning.

"speech"

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-01-2013, 12:51 AM
ooc: ugh, so crappy. I'm so sorry!

Lost in her plants Aria would not hear the stirring of Haku as he awoke from his slumber, it was only hen he spoke did she jump. Head would rise quickly, turning around so green orbs would fall upon the white male looking over at her. The woman would sigh in relief, a smile already spreading across her lips. ?Morning Haku, how are you feeling?? She would ask, voice smooth, gentle, caring. There was so much she still wanted, no, needed to tell him. She had plans for the future, a future she wanted him to be part of. She just needed to choose the right moment, make sure he was well enough to receive the news.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Haku

gems
size
build
player
11-01-2013, 07:46 PM

Aria wouldn't notice his awakening until he voiced his greeting. She would jump, turning her head towards him. Her eyes were like two jewels, glowing with light. A grin would form up on his face at the mere sight of her. Morning Haku, how are you feeling? Her tones would weaken him further, they were genuine. He would look into her eyes before replying. I feel better than I have in weeks, if a little stiff. A small chuckle escaped his lips. His tail would thump softly behind rythmically. After the nourishment he had, a bit of sheen had returned to his coat, making him look a tad healthier. ooc: sorry for the crappy post.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-01-2013, 08:02 PM
It was good hearing Haku was feeling better, it would take a few days to get him looking like he had the last time she saw him but it was okay, Aria would help him. "Are you up to a walk a bit later? We should get you cleaned up." Gentle tones would ask, smiling at the man. She had collected a few herbs for him, had a small pile of them set aside to help him regain his strength and relax his body and mind. Perhaps they could find a hotspring somewhere up here to sit in for a bit to talk, and if there wasn't then they could find somewhere else just as relaxing.

Haku

gems
size
build
player
11-03-2013, 01:53 PM

Haku smiled at his love. She had brought him back from the dead. Who knows what would have happened to him if she hadn't found him. Death probably. Frozen, eaten,
starved... He shook the thought from his mind. It wasn't the time to think of that.
Aria' s sweet voice woke him from his thoughts. Are you up to walking a bit later? We should get you cleaned up. Haku nodded. I'm sure my legs would be up to it just now, but they can wait if need be. A smile and a chuckle would accompany his words. He looked down at his matted pelt before sighing. I really am filthy. The sooner I get cleaned up the better.
OOC: sorry for another crappy one

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-03-2013, 03:13 PM
ooc: Hope you don't mind me skipping forward.

With his nod and accepting the idea Aria would turn back to what she was doing, using a paw to drag some herbs over that she had set aside, then gently grabbing two large leaves. She would lay one down, then the other leave the opposite direction, next she would bring the herbs over and carefully set them in the middle and fold the leaves over it. "Alright, this is ready. Grab a rabbit or two from by the bed and we'll head down to find some water, shouldn't eat without some liquids in ya." She would explain, motioning towards the rabbits with a smile.

With a grunt the woman would lift herself up, gently grabbing the leaf ends in her jaws and lifting her head. She would turn away from the man and pad over to the tunnel entrance, once he got some prey she would lead him down the dark tunnel system, then outside into the old. A shiver would run down her spine, still not quite used to the change in scenery. The woman wouldn't linger on it for long, she would motion for the man to follow, leading him away from her little home.

After about an hour of walking they would finally come upon a stream, Aria sitting on the edge, setting the leaf filled herbs down beside her. She would bend down and get a quick drink, lifting it up and looking towards Haku. "Alright Handsome, hop in." She chuckled, the atmosphere much lighter, happier around the two.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"