ardent

It's a strange fit

Oddity

gems
size
build
player
10-10-2013, 10:59 PM

Oddity was still injured from his failure to obtain Ludicael. Nor did he really care any longer. His emotions were shot, first it was the fact that he could not feel remorse, now it was all sense of feeling. Simply a mindless soldier who wanted to serve the one he loved until the great blackness came to collect him. A failure, who was disposable, in which that was something he also, didn't care too much about anymore. The man sat in the snow, standing out like a sore thumb with his dark black fur. His two different colored eyes looking out, glossed over. He had lost his sense of smell for the time being, and there was another scar on his left shoulder that ran up and down his former one. Though it was still in the healing process and it would take some time for him to heal. And yet he was still ready to fight with the oncoming war.
His desire to have a son was still high though, even though he himself was utterly fallen for Isar. In which he would never convey his feelings in the fear Isar would throw him out of Glaciem, or worse kill him. Though Killing him would be alright with him. Death by the one he loved seemed like the best way to go for a killer like him. Though things happened, maybe someone would be able to raise his ability to feel. Maybe one day he would be a better soldier. And at that moment he'd ride off into battle for Isar, and never come back. Only his body splayed out in the ground with blood pooling around him. Oddity hoped, he was wrong about the afterlife.

Speech,

Abelinda

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Amara
10-10-2013, 11:10 PM

The ghostly dame had been getting used to her new home after meeting her brother and a lovely dame dubbed Lova, now she was one Abel could get close and personal with perhaps a strong bond would be forged one that could be used later on for her and Lova's benefit it depend upon what happened later on but for now the serpent would take her time in wooing the girl and perhaps another if the serpentine women found someone utterly worth of her being as a whole. Having been spending most of her time exploring yet seeing every den she could find Abel had been digging around looking for potent and useful herbs to use later on when it was needed yet it was more then likely she would be fighting in the war not healing.

The unmistakable scent of blood came to her nose with a brow rising the ghostly serpent glided over the snow as Abelinda searched for the source of the metallic scent. Spotting the shadowed and bleeding form of a brute no less Abel drew closer slowly while taking in the wounds the male sprouted. With the snow stained in blood as it was the serpent rose a brow. ?If you keep bleeding out like that you'll die due to blood loss and be of no use to Isar.? Soft lyrics left her lips as those wounds were more closely looked at, something for the pain perhaps and paste to keep the wounds from getting infected. Finding spider web shouldn't be too difficult to help bind the wounds and keep them from bleeding as they were.

Oddity

gems
size
build
player
10-10-2013, 11:17 PM

Oddity's ears flicked as he turned towards the lady. Isar's scent was all over her, that indicated towards him that she was someone precious. Instantly his instincts were kicking in to listen, and tread carefully for her. "I could not find the healer, and know nothing of herbs, so I tried to relax in the snow for the wounds." He said simply. No emotion behind the words what so ever. Though it was true he'd be useless, more than he already was at that.
"Would you care to help me? My name is Oddity." It was a simple request, she didn't have to comply. After all Oddity wouldn't be surprised if he were left here. The scar on his shoulder, neck and chest had healed fine without attention aside from a few cleanings he could get from washing in the river. As soon as it had healed he had trained again, and in the end killed his father. So fresh wounds that someone took care of was a stranger to him.

Speech,

Abelinda

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Amara
10-10-2013, 11:27 PM

He responded, good. He wasn't too far gone yet by the sound of it or perhaps he was fully there and just seemed not to be so. Flicking an ear as she moved closer getting a better look at the wounds as he spoke frowning slightly as spoke of not being able to find a healer much less nothing nothing of herbs. ?My dear, you should of summoned for one rather then suffered as you have.? The serpent spot softly placing a gentle lick just behind his left ear before moving off.

Well after entering and then leaving a den the serpentine women proved to come back with a mouthful of different herbs. Placing them down Abel picked out the seeds for the pain; placing them before the brute of which dubbed him self as Oddity a strange name for sure. ?A strange name you have, Oddity but it clearly matches.? Neglecting to give her name as she picked up a few herbs and began to chew them as those ghostly eyes looked over the sound on his shoulder; she'd start there.

Oddity

gems
size
build
player
10-10-2013, 11:34 PM

Oddity didn't move, he really didn't feel like moving. He wasn't dying, he was just feeling a bit, emotionless. And he found no problem with it, after all, as long as his limbs worked he could even be a shield for Isar and die for him to save him from a surprise attack. Who knew, there were endless possibilities. She was nice enough to bring him herbs though and begin to tend to his wounds. Every now and then Oddity would flinch.
"What made you want to tend to my wounds woman. Aren't Isar's broods more valuable than an Assailant that has lost two battles in a row?" He asked, slightly wondering why she had done such a thing. He didn't know her mentality. Not even her name, all he knew was that she was important because of the scent lingering on her. "My father gave me that name. It's the only thing he ever gave me." Oddity noted, again within a emotionless banter.

Speech,

Abelinda

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Amara
10-10-2013, 11:45 PM

The serpent was silent as she worked on the shoulder wound proving to start at the base of the wound and slowly plaster the paste onto the wound spreading it thick but thin enough that it wasn't wasted in any one spot. Once it was covered she paused. ?Eat the seeds, they will help with the pain.? Proving to speak softly as Abel picked up more of the herbs she had gathered and chewed them looking for more wounds; the one of his nose got a small bit of the paste.

Seeing blood coming from the chest Abel pointed at it with her muzzle and then upwards in an indication for him to sit up. Once Oddity had done so, the serpent repeated the process she had done with his shoulder making quick work of it. ?I'm not a brood deary; I'm Isar's sister.? the word were soft as she proved to spit out what was left of the paste onto the snow. ?We need every warrior for the up coming war Oddity; you will have a chance to prove your self again.? The women merely spoke the truth as she gathered the spider web and easily spread it over the top of the paste binding his wounds this task was quickly finished however seeing it was much easier then putting the paste on.

Oddity

gems
size
build
player
10-10-2013, 11:51 PM

Oddity didn't know what to think really, as she worked on him. Though as soon as the news of her being Isar's sister, his jaw nearly dropped. This woman was his loves sister? Well, he loved him, but Isar would never love him back, he knew that. It wasn't information he needed to convey was it. Now he felt like he had been rude to the lass after she had been kind, but he couldn't feel bad. A mental disorder prevented him from feeling remorse for anything he did, as a result anyway. "I wish I could apologize truthfully." Oddity stated with a small flick of his tail. At least his wounds felt better, though it wouldn't help his sense of smell which would be hindered for some time.
"I got way too ahead of myself and tried to challenge for Ludicael with lord Isar's permission. Only to come back with nothing, and still have these lingering feelings." He said in simple tones. Some light coming back to him, if not for his glowing two different colored eyes. He was healthy, apart from the wounds, he seemed to be perfectly toned. Oddity had lived his entire life for survival it wasn't until he joined Glaciem that he was presented with all these new "feelings" aside for the one where his brain would not connect.

Speech,

Abelinda

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Amara
10-11-2013, 12:01 AM

Abel blinked, apologize for what? ?Why would you apologize dear?? A simple question as she stood there a slight frown touching her graceful features.
?Come, share a den with me for your going to need your rest before the war.? The women said with a smile standing as she was Abel turned and looked towards a den before back at his shadowed form simply waiting for Oddity to join her.

?Oddity, it simply meant you were not ready. Give it time and you can try for the pack again.? The women spoke truthfully yet lightly as well not wanting to hurt his feelings in the least or even make him feel worse then what he already did. What he said towards the end made her slightly curios. ?What are these feelings you speak of?? Of course the serpent would help him where she could; why not after all?

Oddity

gems
size
build
player
10-11-2013, 12:23 AM

Oddity wasn't going to complain, or render against the lady. As he stood easily, as if there was no pain, the larger man looked down on her. Why would he apologize? "Usually one who can feel the emotion of being sorry for something, I'd say would say sorry in this situation. For being so stupid in front of a royal, who is non the less related to the lord." He explained himself simply as he could. She almost seemed to be a reflection of him. If he could love a woman, she would most likely have caught his attention. Even if he was only attracted to the same sex though, he still wanted a child to carry on his blood, he would have to wait for Isar's word on that one.
"I have fallen for someone I shouldn't have, for it is obvious Isar will never return his feelings. I probably should also apologize for falling in love with your brother." Oddity however made no comment on what she had said about his loss. It had made him feel a bit better, though then again no better since these feelings still remained and probably always would. He felt oddly distant from the world, more than what he was when he was with his father. Killing just to keep the urge down.

Speech,

Abelinda

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Amara
10-11-2013, 12:34 AM

Ghostly eyes lingered on the shadowy one as she listened to him speak, saying he was incapable of feeling things. Smiling softly the ghostly dame looked at him almost strangely. ?If you had been incapable of feeling sorry you wouldn't of said what you just did Oddity.? Softly spoken the truth left her as Abel turned and headed towards the den wanting to get out of the cold, perhaps he could provide some much wanted warmth..with a little fun on top of it.

Those ears flickered as she listened to his voice once more a brow rose, now this was a curios thing. ?Love him as you must but I do not believe my brother will return such a love.? Pausing her words for a moment. ?I suggest looking for another of whom can return your love Oddity.? A simple suggestion one she hoped he took to heart as she vanished into the den searching for a ideal spot to lay down but waited for him to do so.

Oddity

gems
size
build
player
10-11-2013, 12:50 AM

Oddity looked at the lady, what if he fell in love with her? What would she do then, but he didn't care, at the moment his feelings were strict. Even if he did look, his mind would certainly wander until someone honestly tried to wow him. The den was certainly warmer than outside as he just realized. Tail flicking as he pressed his pelt against her. "Careful where you place your kindness my dear, you may find yourself breaking hearts one by one. Unless you enjoy that type of thing." Oddity said, giving a small nuzzle towards her neck. A gesture he had seen friends do among the woman. Though he couldn't be surprised if she tried to snap at him.
Oddity sat himself in one of the corners, wondering if she would follow him. "I would like to try and find someone else, but the feelings seem to stick while no one else holds my interest, none of them really feel comfortable around me if they know of my past. And as you can tell, I'm as odd as my name." That was when he tilted his head to a side. Pulling his paws out from under him. "What is your name, unless you'd rather I call you my lady or Isar's sister for the rest of my days." He thought it be a bit of a funny joke. He was starting to feel other things again, besides for the one emotion he'd never be able to feel. He could only imagine and act accordingly towards that.

Speech,

Abelinda

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Amara
10-11-2013, 01:03 AM

There was no telling what Abelinda would do if he fell in love with her such a thing could be taken many different ways, that was a simple truth. Yet unless he proved to honestly catch her interest much less her eye Abelinda wasn't very likely to put her self out there to woo someone, no, simply Abel was the one who loved to play hard to get. It made things all the more interesting much less all the more fun for her and perhaps the one chasing her head over heels in love or simply lusting after her as so many men did.

A soft purr would leave Abel as Oddity pressed against her as a chuckle left her at his words. Adorable. ?Abelinda was the name I had been given.? Purred the women as she watched him settle in a corner. ?My kindness is boundless as for the art of breaking hearts such a thing is rare for even me to do. Perhaps, disappointed would be the best word.? Not that Abel had met many to break someones heart only once or twice it had happened and that had been with a women, not a man. Enjoying his words as the serpent settled with him warmly pressing against his side as her head would rest against his neck ever so gently. ?Well, why don't you explain your past to me? Odd as you maybe Oddity; I don't see a reason not to be comfortable around you.? The women would speak softly, hopping to learn more of this shadowy man.

Oddity

gems
size
build
player
10-11-2013, 01:12 AM

Oddity looked at the lady, Abelinda? What a strange name, but he wasn't one to talk. Though as she approached, he felt more inclined to tell her what she wished. It wasn't like she shouldn't know, it was more of the old reactions he had received. Many for some reason, while belonging to a pack like Isar's, didn't see a justice in his past killings. His two different colored eyes looking over the girl, she really did sparkle in the moonlight though, he hoped she knew that. "I was locked out from the world when I was younger, I had no interaction other than my father, in which he never gave me his name I only called him father. When I was a pup he nearly tore me in half for one mistake that I made giving me this large scar on my neck to my shoulder. He would harshly train me to be a killer, and that was all I did before I came to Glaciem, was that I would kill. I used to also be a sexist beast who merely saw women as commendable for their womb. One day I cracked and killed my father, and now here I am in Glaciem. I haven't killed anyone for a whole season, ever since I joined. It's a strange feeling, but I guess it is not one I miss." He explained, there was no mention of his mother since he had no memory of one. He would have to guess he had a different name before this one though. One he would never know.
Oddity felt the lady upon his fur, ruffling up his shoulders a bit as he gave a stretch. He certainly felt better, more confident, he felt a connection, which was something that was rather rare. "When I first came to Glaciem, the look I got from that story was not a good one, and the one who had given it betrayed Isar and ran off to run his own pack. So perhaps it was more of a sign, then anything. Signs I should pay more attention towards." Taurig had been the one to accept him after all. After meeting Isar, he had instantly fallen in love, Taurig hadn't liked him because of his horrid past. And that was something that amazed Oddity. Since he had no other wolf interaction besides his father and or his screaming victims underneath him.

Speech,

Abelinda

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Amara
10-11-2013, 01:30 AM

Most thought her name strange but it proved to fit the serpentine women even her bodily stature fit it. Being on the smaller end of the family unlike her brother Isar Abel minded little proving to be the more flexible of the family while she did not rely on strength she relied on speed and her mind of which was all Abel needed. ?It means; Beautiful Serpent.? Why not tell him the meaning of her name? It could do no harm after all then again those in her family were the ones who knew the meaning of such a thing. Growing silent as he spoke those ears flicked slightly as he shared his story yet it was an odd one not one she blamed him for or hated for such a past. In truth she felt sorry for the brute some were just unlucky with their past then again with how Abel had been raised she saw things in a different protective then most.

As he paused the dame was quite as Abel knew he had more to share surely did speaking of Isar's son, no doubt Taurig. A frown touched those thin lips as her head lifted from his neck and gaze at him gently. ?I feel sorry for what happened to you Oddity, I wish things would have gone better for you in your past. But alas life has it's own way of shaping our futures weather if they are wonderful or horrendous things.? Speaking softly that muzzle moved forward to gently place a lick to his cheek gently, pitying him for what he had suffered. ?You have to look forward to the future leaving behind what happened in the past it is the only way you'll move on. It will tear you up and spit you out if you linger in the past Oddity.? Hopefully her reasoning got to him, all Abel could do was try.

Oddity

gems
size
build
player
10-11-2013, 01:39 AM

A small chuckle grew in his throat. She indeed fit her name, maybe that was why they were destined to have such things. As he tapped his tail he lowered his head. Feeling drowsy from the seeds he had chewed on for the pain. Abelinda had put his mind and feelings at rest that was for sure. She could be sorry for his past, but he was not. A soft purr left his throat though, "My feelings seem to be slipping to another quiet quickly little serpent." He whispered before shutting his eyes. Drifting off into a sleep, that only meant he felt comfortable around her, usually he would never fall asleep near someone he didn't want to be around.
The morning came just as easily as the night had. Oddity raised his head towards the filtering light and let out a yawn. Looking to see if Abelinda was still beside him. Since he had no sense of smell at the moment he was relying plenty on his other senses to guide him. His tail twitched with his comfortably. Abelinda had gone and done it and now somehow he had flipped his switch anyway.

Speech,

Abelinda

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Amara
10-11-2013, 01:50 AM

Abel smiled warmly as the ghostly women settled where she was it would seem Abel had a sleeping partner for the night yet that worried her little as he would provide a soft place to rest against and he her heater for the night. Resting that head against the nape of his neck once more Abel merely listened as he spoke again causing her to chuckle. Not saying a word as she began to drift off and swiftly the travel from home to here had been a tiring trip.

As the morning came around it would seem the serpent hadn't moved from her spot still quite warmly against him as Abel slept rather peacefully, it was the first in many, many nights. Being on her own and sleeping hadn't been an ideal occurrence for the phantom but Abelinda had made do where she could and when she could. Sleeping as Abel was she didn't notice him moving nor the incoming morning sunlight far too much enjoying her sleep.

Oddity

gems
size
build
player
10-11-2013, 01:59 AM

Abelinda seemed rather peaceful in her spot, it was indeed warm. Outside the snow had stopped falling, but it covered the ground in a large blanket. He could see how he could have died last night, had he been where he was. After waiting a few more minutes he slightly nudged the lady on nose to try and wake her. "Lady Abelinda, the sun has risen." He didn't know if she enjoyed sleeping more than being awake but, they should have gotten plenty of it last night. The sun was well into the sky, so it had seemed they had slept in, but it made his wounds feel far better than they were.
"The sky has finally stopped spewing snow." He noted half to himself, waiting for Abelinda. Since he didn't want to move unless she was awake, if he moved now her head could possibly hit the floor rather hard. She was still Isar's sister, so he had to be careful, otherwise the king would certainly have his head. In which Oddity was over the thought of Isar killing him, he'd rather live, and get stronger so that he'd stop having to deal with these wounds all over his body.

Speech,

Abelinda

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Amara
10-11-2013, 02:15 AM

Peaceful indeed the serpent was this had been if anything a blessing for the once traveling phantom, making her way across the many different lands to reach here; to find her brother and serve him. Abel didn't intend on serving him forever however just for the time being as he seemed to need her more then ever with this up coming war. A gentle nudge and words proved to stir the serpent from her dream land lifting that head she gave a yawn and stretched out a bit from where she was laying with Oddity. ?So it has.? Reply sleepily as the dame proved to rouse her self further but slowly.

?It will snow again most likely.? A simple truth as the serpent withdrew from his side only to stand and stretch out giving that silken soft coat a shake to put that fur back into place. Lowering onto her rump the dame gave a long and wide yawn proving to have needed that sleep more then he knew then again so had he needed such a thing.

Oddity

gems
size
build
player
10-11-2013, 02:20 AM

After she rose he got up and stretched himself. Though didn't feel the need to yawn. His two different colored eyes pulled over the snow. They already had enough, but there would still be more? Well it was the north, so it didn't really surprise him. At times the white stuff could be annoying when it came to hunting. Oddity had grown up in a thick and dark forest after all. His tail flicked as he stood on all fours looking at the lady.
"Perhaps we could go for a morning hunt, moose may be out at this hour." Oddity had seen them before here. They were winter female moose, usually in groups, the males tended to wander alone if not with the mate and children. It'd be easy to take down a female with two wolves. Oddity was up for stretching his muscles as well. Having a nice meal would prove to be nice, and it was plenty of bonding for the two of them. Oddity found himself, feeling rather different, from when he had before. It was odd, to feel things.

Speech,

Abelinda

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Amara
10-11-2013, 02:29 AM

Of course there would be more snow it had just started or well winter had at least, waking up still the serpent sat there proving to carefully groom the fur along the shoulder and side a bit where she had laid against him in order to get rid of an itch and to put the fur back into it's proper place. Oddity grew quite after such even as he stood and stretched.

Pausing in her grooming those eyes shifted to Oddity with an odd look. ?We would be better off hunting a deer Oddity, then a moose.? Abel had no way of taking down a moose for it was far too large for her to even tackle or even be much help with such a large creature.