Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-11-2013, 05:15 PM

It had been a few days since she had been reunited with her family, she hadn't seen them in more than a year. Never would she have expected such a reaction either. Howl had startled her th emost, her had come in with his teeth bared and hackles raised. Ready for a fight, but why? Hadn't it been Novel who had been the one to choose Song as the favorite? She didn't deserve his hostility, she was only doing what any other pup would, and that was what her mother told her to do. Song would sigh as her porcelain paws took her over the ground, she was walking the border as she did daily. Though recently she would always stop in the same place, where she had first spotted that little she wolf who resembled Novel so closely.
Suddenly she realized that was where she was standing, her mismatched gaze would linger over the spot where they stood. Where everything had changed and her conception of her family was totally turned upside down. What had really happened after she left that day? She had wandered into the lands of Alacritis, but what happened in Ahlon? Obviously quite a lot because she had four more siblings to account for. She wished she could see her younger sister again, Novella seemed quite open to Song's side of the story and for that she was thankful. It didn't seem as though she had to endure her mother's favoritism.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-11-2013, 05:22 PM

Novella didn?t really know what her family?s view on her choice actually was, Anthem of course would have no opinion on the matter, though it was more Howl and Symphony that troubled her. Not that they could stop her anyway, she was old enough to look after herself, had surely proven that fact on the journey here and if they truly doubted her that much, surely they ought to at least take comfort in the fact that regardless of whatever opinions they held of their sister, Song was capable of looking after another if she had to, the pups certainly seemed to be healthy after all. So, whether they liked it or whether they trusted her really didn?t matter, Novella had made up her mind almost immediately after meeting her sister. She wanted to stay, at least for a while and try getting to know her a little better.

So once more she had made a short journey on her own, retracing her steps back towards the lands of the pack Song lived in. She of course hadn?t thought what their opinion might be on some stranger staying anywhere near the pack, had no idea what position her sister held though it didn?t matter, she was completely determined now and even if she had to travel back and forth to visit she would do so. It was perhaps a little bit of a mystery why she bothered to go to such lengths when clearly Song?s relationship with the rest of the Destruction family was a little strained though perhaps these could even be the first little steps to repairing that problem, as well as actually getting to form her own opinion of her sister.

She was almost back at that very same spot now when suddenly she realised that there was another wolf there. There was certainly no sign of panic or worry from Novella though, instantly recognising the appearance and scent of the other wolf, it was the very one she was after. Her expression broke into a smile and she quickened her step. "Song!" She called, greeting her happily as she moved into view herself.

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-11-2013, 05:38 PM

Like some form of incredible magic the wolf her very thoughts were so focused on would appear. With only the slightest of warning from her scent on the breeze Song would turn to see her younger sister appear from behind the trees. Song couldn't help but greet her gorgeous smile with one of her own. Her lips would be pulled back into a grin as her tail started to wag at the sight. "Novella!" She would push her paws closer to the younger she wolf.
The was definite happiness in her heart, she had not even known her for hardly any time at all. Though she could feel the love that she felt for all of her family, hopefully today she would be allowed to converse with her younger sister. She wanted to spend time getting to know this sibling, with thoughts of good will and a bright future she would find herself at Novella's side. Her ears would lat back and her neck would wrap around the other's. With a wolf like embrace she would greet her sister with excitement as her ivory tail would elegantly sway behind her. "Welcome back."

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-11-2013, 05:51 PM

It was fortunate that Song was just as eager to see Novella again, the possibility that she may not have been welcome by even her sister had not really crossed her mind. If Song was hesitant to see any of them again she would have safely bet that it was Howl, he certainly hadn't been pleased to see Song again and even as Symphony had softened it didn't seem that their brother had. Hopefully he would come to forgive Song, for although she still knew nothing about her sister really, this division wasn't something that Novella wanted for the family.

Reaching her sister, she welcomed the warm embrace, glad that the rest of their family hadn't lowered Song's view of her. The sight of the pair certainly made it seem like they had known each other for far longer than those few precious moments they had shared before the rest of the family had arrived. "Welcome back." "It's good to see you again." Novella responded, the words most definitely the truth. For now the others were pushed out of her mind, though now she was here with Song again she wasn't even sure where to begin with actually getting to know her.

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-11-2013, 06:00 PM

Song wasn't sure how but somehow Novella had escaped with out the prejudice that her older siblings felt. Anthem had as well, but as far as Song remembered he loved all of his family no matter what. He was quite a bit more cautious around strangers but he'd never show anything but affection for those he knew. He was so innocent and she loved him for it. She hoped desperately that she would be able to mend the rift that had split the family apart, or rather split her from them.
Novella would return her embrace, just as happy to enjoy it as Song was. "It's good to see you again." Their few moments of knowing each other looked incredibly different than how Song was experiencing it. Had she really been away for over a year? "It's good to see you!" She'd smile as the reality of having her sister washed over her. "I'm glad you were able to slip away from the others. I hope they come around soon, I don't like being on such bad terms with my family." There was a definite sadness to her smile as she mentioned them.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-11-2013, 06:14 PM

Anthem had been the one to soften Symphony at first, if anyone could break her and Howl down it was probably going to be him. Novella wasn't sure how much of a chance she stood of helping them to forgive Song for all that had apparently happened, not when she didn't exactly seem to be in their good books either right now, Symphony would probably be even more annoyed to discover where she had slipped off to, though it hadn't stopped her when she first thought of the plan and even now Novella wasn't going to let it bother her.

"It's good to see you! I'm glad you were able to slip away from the others. I hope they come around soon, I don't like being on such bad terms with my family." It was a little sad really that Song didn't even need to ask if the others were on their way as well, automatically she seemed to know that Novella was here on her own and not exactly with encouragement from Symphony or Howl. She wished she could tell her that they would visit soon, though she knew it might not happen, especially not Howl anyway.

"I don't like it either." Novella admitted, her own little rift was very minor, likely to be easily forgiven but it would probably take a bit longer for them to be on good terms with Song, it sounded from what Symphony had said that they hadn't ever really had the greatest of bonds with her. It was still a rather strange thought to Novella though, unable to imagine her mother dividing the litter like that. Could she have been in the same position as Song if things hadn't apparently changed? "I'm trying to talk to them, but they're still not exactly happy that I left. They forget that I'm not a pup anymore."

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-11-2013, 08:21 PM

Novella's words would remind her more of her own pups than anything, her little babies were growing so fast. Before she knew it they would be yearlings and ready to go on their way. She hoped they would stay with her in Ludicael, at least for a good amount of time. They would all make such wonderful additions to the pack structure, thankfully those days could be forgotten until a later time. She still had at least a few more months with her children.
Novella would bring her out of her thoughts as she agreed to previous statements, "I don't like it either. I'm trying to talk to them, but they're still not exactly happy that I left. They forget that I'm not a pup anymore." Song could understand both sides in Novella's situation. She could see how protective they were, having watched the pretty she wolf grow up. It was incredibly obvious to Song though, that she was perfectly capable of being on her own. Novel and Dutiron were not the type to raise incompetent wolflings. Even Anthem was able to mostly look out for himself. "You certainly are not. Novella, I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you growing up." She had stepped back to take a better look at the young woman before her. I just want you to know that I think you've turned out wonderfully."
She was truly sorry for not being with her family, but the circumstances she was under forced her away. She didn't wish to blame her mother either, because in the end she was just doing what she had thought to be right. If only the execution of her plan had gone better maybe things would be different. She would have never left Ahlon, she wouldn't have met Cherokee and she wouldn't have the amazing pups that were running around in the pack. Yes, she regretted past events but she would not want to relive them.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-12-2013, 07:06 AM

Novella on the other hand wasn't quite able to see the view point of her elder siblings, she'd watched anyone younger grow up perhaps then she would have understood how difficult it could be to admit how quickly time had flown, that it barely seemed possible that one moment someone once so small could now actually be considered an adult. "You certainly are not. Novella, I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you growing up. I just want you to know that I think you've turned out wonderfully." The comments were certainly ones that were pleasing to hear to the young wolf, especially with the current situation with her other elder siblings.

The latter of the comments however wasn't something that Novella quite knew how to respond. No one had ever really made such a statement before, perhaps behind the family's backs some of Ahlon may have said similar things, glad to see that this litter had indeed brought them together far more as a family than the first. "I'm sure I'm no different to you really." She settled on. Although Song had of course received rather different treatment growing up, they had still all grown in the same lands, the same parents and pack looking out for them.

"You didn't know, and I'm starting to think you might not have received a warm welcome if you'd tried to visit." It was certainly a sad thought, and the emotion certainly found itself trailing into Novella's voice with a small sigh. Still, she was determined not to let their other siblings put a damper on this visit and she tried to push that thought away. "It doesn't matter though, I'm here now, we can be there for each other." She commented, voice taking a cheerier tone again as she brightened. Of course Novella had no long term plans right now, not like Song who had her entire life here with her pack and new family, the younger female had nothing but time though her sister certainly had far more responsibilities to keep her busy.

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-12-2013, 02:55 PM

Novella was quite humble, but she had a point as well. They really hadn't grown up in very different environments, but the way she was raised in comparison to Song would have been incredibly different. "I'm sure I'm no different to you really." a smile and a nod would greet her words, there was not much of an argument for them. "You didn't know, and I'm starting to think you might not have received a warm welcome if you'd tried to visit." It was unfortunate to put the thoughts into words but with the previous statements she had made it was completely true. The likelihood of a welcome return was very slim. "It doesn't matter though, I'm here now, we can be there for each other." As her voice and subject matter grew more cheery Song couldn't help but to follow along. "It makes me happy to hear you say that. I'll do my best to promise to keep it that way too." She'd move closer once again to nuzzle the young she wolf.
There was so much that Song had to tell her sister, about her pack life and being away from Ahlon. She was thankful for her mother's knowledge no matter how she attained it. Being so trusted in Ludicael she drew upon those lessons daily. She wanted to talk to her sister, and get to know the wolf she was, so she did her best to change the subject from their immediate family. "Why did you leave Ahlon?"

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-12-2013, 04:19 PM

The treatment received may have been rather different, though none the less, Novella could honestly say so far she liked her sister, the other female hadn't done anything wrong to her directly and certainly deserved a chance. The past that had never really affected her personally could be pushed aside, and though she of course hadn't lived through it all like Symphony and Howl she still believed that they needed to follow her lead and try to spend some more time with Song and her family.

"It makes me happy to hear you say that. I'll do my best to promise to keep it that way too." It was perhaps rather odd to make a promise to a wolf you barely knew but despite the fact they knew so little about one and other, Novella certainly had no problem in admitting that Song was her sister and embracing that fact. They had all that missed time to catch up on, an opportunity know to get to know each other. This little adventure had certainly given her more than she could have ever imagined it would have done.

The question meant to draw the conversation away from their siblings however had an answer that related to them. "Why did you leave Ahlon?" Honestly she probably wouldn't have thought to explore so far from the pack had her siblings not left first, at least not now anyway. "Symphony, Howl and Anthem all left and I wanted to see where they were going." At the moment that lack of planning meant that Novella had no idea when if ever she would return to Ahlon. It was strange to think that anywhere else could possibly be home but right now she intended for at least someone in the family to get along with Song. She didn't voice those thoughts though, so lacking in any direction she didn't see there being much point to it at all.

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-12-2013, 05:32 PM

"Symphony, Howl and Anthem all left and I wanted to see where they were going." It seemed like a simple enough answer, but it did nothing to keep them away from talk of family. It was a difficult subject to keep from, it was one of those few topics they both had in common. It seemed curiosity would bring her younger sibling to her, and she was glad for her sister's sense of adventure. She would have never realized the existence of younger siblings had the older ones never left. So even though their first meeting had been less than spectacular she knew that she had to thank them on some level.
What had caused them to follow her all this way? Had it been Cherokee seeking them out that had ultimately brought their presence to Alacritis? Until she talked to them more intimately she was sure she would have no idea. It was doubtful that her sister knew why it was they left. If it had been on a real scouting mission it didn't seem like the best idea to bring their brother. Maybe she'd never know. In any case the events had happened and their consequences were livable. Song was just excited to have her sister.
"Well, I'm glad you followed them. Would you like to see my new home?" She motioned towards the lands that stretched out behind her, she would try and take her by the den, and maybe see the children.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-12-2013, 05:44 PM

Novella had no idea herself what had brought the three of them so far from home, Legend she figured had gotten the same idea she had and decided that he too could go exploring but that was about all she could comment on the topic. It may have been a rather tricky subject to avoid in the first place, though if they could find a way to do so it was probably for the best right now. She wanted to enjoy her time with Song, not bring her down by reminding her that Symphony and Howl weren't exactly pleased with her.

"Well, I'm glad you followed them. Would you like to see my new home?" Novella had certainly been glad about her plan too, at the moment she had no regrets about her decision and didn't think that was going to change any time soon. Her face lit up at Song's suggestion, certainly eager to get the chance to nose around Song's new home. That would after all give her some insight into her sister's life as well, and perhaps she would see the pups again. "Yes, of course!" She responded without hesitation.

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Song was happy to forget thoughts of her siblings angst, it was a depressing subject that could be dealt with later. For now she would do her best to focus on Novella and their relationship that had just begun. Already she felt a strong pull of protectiveness for the she wolf, one that only sisterhood could form. She was glad Novella was able to run to her, and also glad she had not run to the arms of someone more dangerous. Alacritis was not always a nice place.
"Yes, of course!" The she wolf's voice would pull he rfrom earlier thoughts and allow her back into the present. She needed to prepare for the grand tour! Song had lived in Ludicael almost as long as she'd been in Alacritis itself. She'd be able to show Novella all of the nice place there were. "Lets go then." She smile as she turned back to the borders, she could finish out the rest of her patrol and go from there. "I've got to finish my walk around the border, it should take us back to the den." Now she was getting excited. "Jupiter is the alpha here, we call her the Sol. Recently she promoted my husband and I to Borealis, the betas."
Her right ears would slide back down her head as she realized she'd hardly mentioned the ebony brute to Novella at all. "This will give you a chance to meet Cherokee as well. He should be with the babies." She smiled as the thoughts of him fluttered into her mind.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-13-2013, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2013, 09:06 AM by Novella.)

All Novella had ever really known was Ahlon and some of the lands just outside of it and none of that had really been taught to her through a tour. Of course her parents had shown the pups around the pack various times to ensure they understood about the borders and where they could and couldn't go, but she had continued to go further than she ought to so that by the time they had their first trip just outside of the lands, Novella had already travelled there several times. But as much as she had always enjoyed the exploration for herself though, she certainly wasn't about to turn down a tour from Song, it would after all mean she wouldn't get to see her home and she wouldn't be able to actually spend quite so much time with her.

"Lets go then. I've got to finish my walk around the border, it should take us back to the den." Song stated as she turned to move, Novella followed, walking along at her side, listening as her sister continued to speak. "Jupiter is the alpha here, we call her the Sol. Recently she promoted my husband and I to Borealis, the betas." That was certainly rather impressive, and clearly meant that Song must be a respected member of the pack. "Wow! That's brilliant, well done." She responded, assuming that whenever Novel and Dutiron heard they would probably be rather proud of Song, even if it wasn't quite what they had originally wanted for her. She also supposed this high position was what also meant Novella could simply be brought into the lands like this.

"This will give you a chance to meet Cherokee as well. He should be with the babies." Some of the family had met Cherokee already, Novella had heard his name mentioned quietly for a few days afterwards. At the time of his visit she couldn't recall where she had been, though knew for a fact she hadn't actually seen the male herself, only found the lingering scent after he had already left. Now that she thought about it she supposed that was also what had drawn her here to Ludicael. "Did you know where he'd gone when he came to Ahlon?" Novella questioned. "I didn't see him then though, only heard someone mention him." And then of course he had been brought up by Song and Symphony a few days ago.

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-13-2013, 12:55 PM

Song knew Novella would follow her, so as they stepped away from the place where they had first met she was able to talk and trot at the same time. "Wow! That's brilliant, well done." She didn't know how her parents would react but she was slightly surprised at how excited Novella was about the news. She would smile appreciatively and nod in thanks as the mangroves passed by them. "Did you know where he'd gone when he came to Ahlon? I didn't see him then though, only heard someone mention him." Novel listened to the question, kind of curious exactly where it came from. She was glad to tell her though, the story of the pups birth was an interesting one.
"It's interesting that you ask." She'd sneak a mischievous grin to her sister as she continued. "The short answer is yes, I knew he tried to find everyone. Though, I did try to come back to Ahlon once and that was when he was away. I didn't even get out of Alacritis before I went into labor." She let her thoughts drift back to the day she gave birth to the pups. It was not the most pleasant of memories but it was certainly an exciting birth. "Cherokee wanted to bring the family back to meet our pups." Ivory paws found their way over mangrove roots as they continued over the borders.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-13-2013, 04:27 PM

The question may have seemed like a rather odd one, though to Novella was simply to discover if Song had asked or if perhaps Cherokee had tried to bring her family to visit as a surprise. Neither really mattered of course, though if Song had encouraged it, why hadn't she attempted to visit herself? "It's interesting that you ask. The short answer is yes, I knew he tried to find everyone. Though, I did try to come back to Ahlon once and that was when he was away. I didn't even get out of Alacritis before I went into labor."

The statement was certainly the answer to that unspoken question. The journey, whilst it had been relatively calm probably wasn't a suitable one for a pregnant wolf as it seemed her sister had found out the hard way. Novella of course knew very little about all of that, though surely it made sense to be careful if you were carrying pups? Such questions were entirely unnecessary though, and certainly wasn't the topic upon her mind now. "Cherokee wanted to bring the family back to meet our pups."

"I think I like them." Novella stated simply. "The pups. I've never been around them before, apart from when I was one." That of course wasn't really all that long ago, she had plenty of time to be around pups and certainly wanted to make time to get to know Song's children.

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-14-2013, 01:32 PM

"I think I like them. The pups. I've never been around them before, apart from when I was one." The words would linger on Song's pretty white ears, glad to hear such lyrics. She was proud of her pups, that was certain, Dhiren was so polite and her daughter's were filled with love. She couldn't have asked for better children. "They're pretty special." She continued on over the land, her paws barely touching the mud as she slipped over branches of mangrove roots. Their den was higher than the mud, a nice platform of hard dirt. It was a good place for her babies, even the water was a distance from them.
She jumped onto the ground from the root structures as she caught sight of her den. She stole a glance towards her sister, "There's the den." pushing forward she'd get a more clear view of the area, and it seemed to be empty. "Hmm, it looks like Cherokee might have taken them hunting. They're still a bit young but they enjoy watching." Well it was unfortunate that the family would not be introduced to their aunt so quickly.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-14-2013, 01:56 PM

"They're pretty special." Though Novella was fairly certain that any mother would probably speak the same way of their children the young female was inclined to believe her sister. She had of course only met two of the pups so far. Novel seemed rather confident, an odd coincidence, the same word had likely been used to describe Novella. Canta meanwhile had seemed a lot more timid than the white pup, there was of course bound to be far more to learn about each individual personality, and of course even Song's nature as well was still rather unknown to her but in the same way she had taken an instant liking to her sister, the pups seemed to be having the exact same effect.

"There's the den. Hmm, it looks like Cherokee might have taken them hunting. They're still a bit young but they enjoy watching." Bi-coloured gaze shifted to the area that Song was looking at, a part of her had certainly hoped to find the pups and Cherokee there but it seemed she would have to wait a little longer. "How long do you think they'll be?" She questioned, though of course Song probably didn't have much of an idea seeing as she had been at the borders with Novella.

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-15-2013, 03:46 PM

It was slightly odd that Cherokee would take the pups off with out awaiting her return, but she supposed it had taken her quite some time to finish her rounds. They must have been getting quite hungry, a feeling she could easily share with them. "How long do you think they'll be?" Song took her eyes away from the empty den and placed them back onto her sister's form. "I think they would have preferred me to come with them, Cherokee would have waited as long as possible." She took in a few good whiffs of the scent they left behind, they were pretty fresh. It would only fuel her belief in the theory she drew up. "They wont be back until he catches dinner." That was her guess, so it could have been any amount of time between them and the return of the family.
She hoped Cherokee would think to catch something bigger for the family, enough that she'd be able to offer Novella to their meal. "We can wait here until they get back, and hope they bring enough meat home for everyone. Or you and I could go on a quick hunt." Her gaze would linger on the pretty she wolf, curious if she had a preference as to what she would rather be doing.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-15-2013, 04:00 PM

"I think they would have preferred me to come with them, Cherokee would have waited as long as possible. They wont be back until he catches dinner." So they had perhaps just missed them Novella assumed, that was of course rather unfortunate though there wasn't exactly too much that could be done about it. Hopefully Cherokee would have a rather successful and swift hunt. "We can wait here until they get back, and hope they bring enough meat home for everyone. Or you and I could go on a quick hunt."

"Do you think we could catch up to them. We could help Cherokee if he needed it?" The general arrangement the couple had for hunting had apparently been messed up but Song's suggestions had now brought an idea to Novella's mind. It was a shame however that the young female didn't consider how impractical that would actually be, given the fact that introductions would need to be made first of all, something Novella at least was quite looking forward too, with that in mind an actual hunt would probably be pushed to the back of their minds, food after all certainly hadn't been a thought in hers until Song brought up hunting.

"If not we can still go hunting anyway if you like?" To be honest either sitting waiting or hunting would still be a way for the two sisters to actually bond and spend time together and at least the latter would be productive and mean that Novella wouldn't be stealing any of the food meant for the family for although Song, Novel and Canta may have mentioned the aunts and uncles they had met, Cherokee and Song probably hadn't been prepared for another sudden visit from any of them.