ardent

Puppy Suprises

Faolan

gems
size
build
player
09-07-2013, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 07:13 PM by Epiphron.)
LIFE OF LIVES

beginning to the end

"Be careful out there, my love!" Those were the words that Faolan had heard before leaving the den. Silent had made sure he was cleaned up and full from breakfast before she let him go anywhere. At four months old, Faolan felt as if he wasn't a baby anymore, despite wanting to curl up with both parents at night and feeling secure. In his mind, there was nothing wrong with an "adult" boy wanting to have that safety when he got home. He had no shame in what he believed, so with confidence in those beliefs, he set out for the day.
The Seracian lands were large and bountiful, the perfect type of place for an exploring pup to wander. He carried his small form across the underbrush that surrounded his family's den area, going past its unseen borders and out to the beautiful greenery that stretched far and wide. His dark green eyes, growing lighter with each passing month, looked around as he took in the various scents and sights that went past him. Faolan couldn't take all of it in at once, and he was all right with that. So, he took his time in seeing and hearing all he could with each few puppy steps, hoping to uncover some mysterious discovery.

Puppy Talk

we are alive
forever
FAOLAN ARADCOR

Cassius 1

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
09-10-2013, 11:28 AM

Lost again, or rather.. misplaced. The child always seemed to be in the exact place he hadn't intended to end up. Bi-colored eyes twisted this way and that as he searched for an adequate place to hide until he was found, or until he came up with a decent plan to get home. The trio of pups he lived with had long since lost him, probably because in truth he wasn't the best at keeping up. Now he was alone and he loathed it. At three and a half months or so, he knew he really ought to be better at navigating in his own home, but it wasn't his fault that Seracian lands were so vast and heterogenous in appearance! Most of it was open grassland, bordered by forests on at least two sides. The trouble was, he had no clue which forest concealed his den, and which clearing in which forest encircled his home! How was a young boy supposed to remember it all?

Scent might have been a good option for finding his way home, but with the wandering ways of his entire family, their scents were so mingled and scattered that he would likely follow a trail for hours without ever getting anywhere profitable. Sight was another option, but it certainly hadn't proven successful in the past - given the similarity of the two forests that might contain his home. As he looked around he did not see anywhere substantial to hide his now slightly larger frame, and so he would flop onto his belly for protection in case anyone larger decided to pick a fight with him. They ought to know better than to mess with the King's son, but anything was possible - danger was everywhere! However, to his surprise - and much to his delight - he found not an adult wolf in his general area, but a pup! The smallest of shy smiles clung to the corners of his lips as he let out a yip, wondering if this pup might possibly be more coordinated than he.

"speech"

Faolan

gems
size
build
player
09-11-2013, 10:10 PM
LIFE OF LIVES

beginning to the end

That mysterious discovery came faster than Faolan had expected. Not long after going a mile past his family's borders, he spotted a bit of movement to his far right. His lighter green eyes narrowed and focused in on the bundle of light burgundy and white. It had decided to just plop down in the grass, out in the open with no way of defending itself. An eyebrow rose on the young pup's face, giving him a quizzical look. He shook his head from the ridiculous thought that flashed in his mind, but the yip that came from the other pup made him let it go.
He began to pad lazily in the pup's direction, his stride lazy and easygoing. Faolan didn't see the need to be proper and appear formal, especially when he was by himself. Being who he was to anyone was a given; Faolan didn't bother to hide anything. It was this carefree attitude that he carried with him when he finally reached speaking distance of the pup and spoke first. "Lovely day to be out and about." His smile was warm, his eyes bright and exposing the combination of Silent and Bronze's personalities within. Faolan then lowered himself beside Cassius, politely nodding to him before looking up to the expansive scenery in front of them. "You can tell that fall is coming. Nothing is all green anymore." He lightly sighed. "This is my first fall...by the way, my name is Faolan." He turned his silvery head to look at Cassius again. "Faolan Aradcor. What's yours?"

Puppy Talk

we are alive
forever
FAOLAN ARADCOR

Cassius 1

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
09-12-2013, 06:22 PM

The older pup approached, and Cassius felt his body instinctively and involuntarily tense. An ear laid back, the one dipped in white. The russet remained pricked, taking in the vocal sounds of the other who quickly proceeded to engage in small talk. Funny, until now Cassius hadn't given a thought to the quality of the day he was experiencing - there had been more pressing matters to think about. "Y-yeah," he would stutter in response, knowing it was rude to ignore a comment altogether. The older boy plopped down beside him, apparently keen on remaining here for a while.. only gods knew why. Cassius was eager as ever to get home, though the prospect of this totally strange pup was just a bit intriguing. "M-mine too," he would respond in answer to the comment about it being Faolan's first fall. "Cassius." With his speech impediment, it was hardly easy to state his entire name, and so he left off the middle and hyphenated surname to keep from embarrassing himself too much. "I'm l-lost." It wasn't as if he could hide his terrified state for long, and so the boy openly admitted that he was at a loss when it came to navigating his far-too-large-for-his-own-good homeland. "My s-siblings t-took off with-without me." There, all of his problems were laid out on the line - plain as day. Perhaps Faolan could help him? He may have seen one of the other three, or may possibly even know how to get Cassius home.

"speech"

Faolan

gems
size
build
player
09-13-2013, 11:46 PM
LIFE OF LIVES

beginning to the end

"Nice to meet cha, Cassius," Faolan replied in a friendly manner. He tapped the ground with his silvery tail, dirtying up the bright fur with small amounts of dirt and dust. He looked over the slightly smaller pup next to him, noting the colors and eyes that stood out against his fur. Cassius reminded him of another pup he had met not too long ago. Arian's scent was actually on the boy's body, and Faolan caught it in one whiff.
He listened to the small amount of words that Cassius had used to tell him his problems. It didn't take much for Faolan to understand others, and with this inherited from his mother, he used it wisely. Faolan nodded in an understanding manner, gently saying, "Being left by your brothers and sisters isn't fun." He flicked an ear back at the idea of it. "Especially when you were playing a good game of Hide-and-Seek or Freeze Tag." Faolan lightly snorted and shook his head. "They eventually found me, though."
His gaze moved from Cassius to the wide world that stretched up and around them. "Maybe they're not too far off," he said, intending to have hope for both him and his newfound friend. Turning his gaze back to the russet-furred pup, Faolan curled his paws beneath his silvery frame and said, "I could help you find them, if you would like. I'm learning how to sniff out scents and maybe their scents are nearby."

Puppy Talk

we are alive
forever
FAOLAN ARADCOR

Cassius 1

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
09-29-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm lame and forgot this -.-

Cassius was beginning to warm up to Faolan and realize that perhaps he wasn't in such a horrible situation. Odds were Faolan could point him toward his den, or someone would stumble across them and help out. He was the son of a king and queen, after all. Though still slightly worried and anxious, he would allow his complexion to relax to a more comfortable state. Faolan soon agreed with him that being left wasn't fun, and then went on to mention a few games that Cassius didn't know much about. His siblings and he didn't play any specific games, just had fun and explored. Occasionally the other three would play tag, but that was about it - at least that he knew of. "Maybe not," he would respond when Faolan said that they might not be too far off. Cassius surely couldn't hear them or see them, but that didn't mean they were too far away. He then offered to help Cassius find them, and the boy's ears tilted forward slightly before falling back once more. "I think they'd j-just leave m-me again." It was true, he'd gotten left once and they'd surely do it again. "M-maybe we could t-try to find m-my den?" That seemed a more suitable thing to look for, since it wouldn't be moving and possibly hiding from them. Not to mention his mother would be there, and she would certainly take care of him.

"speech"

Faolan

gems
size
build
player
09-30-2013, 06:36 PM
LIFE OF LIVES

beginning to the end

Faolan nodded, agreeing with his newfound and quiet companion. Being able to help out another wolf, boy or girl, with the possibility of the result being in the positive made his heart swell. He didn't know where he got the desire for helping others from - maybe his famous Grandma Split - but it was definitely a trait he didn't want to see disappear as he got older. It showed in his personality as he continued to talk with his fellow man, knowing that being warm and laidback was in his genes.
Cassius then mentioned finding his family's den and Faolan's ears perked. "Your den? I didn't even think of that!" A smile broke across his silvery face and he said, "That's a great idea, Cassius. We can try to trace your mama's or papa's scents and see if they lead us to your home." Light emerald green eyes danced with a happy light as he began to think of ways to get Cassius back home. "I don't know how easy it will be, but we can definitely have a good time trying to get back." Finding his own den wasn't hard, so maybe it wouldn't be for his new friend.
The silvery boy rose from the ground, stretching his legs before taking a few steps away from Cassius. He shook himself free of any clinging dirt and turned to look at the russet-furred ally still seated. Stretching his head out, he caught a whiff of the quiet boy and had an idea of how his parents would smell once they started looking for his home. "I guess we could follow the trail you left behind, sort of retracing your steps to see where you were before you got here."

Puppy Talk

we are alive
forever
FAOLAN ARADCOR