ardent

Desperation

juno

gems
size
build
player
09-06-2013, 09:32 AM

A lot had brought her to these borders. She had left home, searching to prove herself, to meet Desdemona and make a home within the Tortugan borders. Tortuga disbanded under Desdemona's rule and again she was a loner, scavenging for life. It hit hard, a wolf didn't suit to be a loner. She had lost weight, emaciation, taking hold, weakness. Dammit, she was a failure. She had failed on the one mission she had set out for. Ebony paws carried her South, towards one of the packs she had never considered for a home,and her rump would come to rest on the border.

A sigh would escape her, as she stared into the lands that Valhalla claimed. So many claimed to be happy here, so many... lives were changed for good here. Slumping against the ground, she would watch, not bothering to summon another yet, spending the moments making her final decision. Is this really what she wanted or was a sheer form of desperation, a desperate attempt to survive? Her breathing relaxed, and slowly she lulled into sleep- her need for rest claiming her. With a fleeting thought of how stupid it was to fall asleep un-sheltered, there under an oak tree in the warm fall sun, she fell asleep on the Valhallan borders.

Speech,

Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-06-2013, 09:57 AM

Evening had fallen on Valhalla and in the early fall heat, cicadas chattered in the trees setting a constant buzz only disturbed when one of the winged insects was chased from its seat.

Azalea lay in the grass with a squirrel in her paws. She looked quite pleased with herself, ears pressed firmly forward as she plucked fur from the thick tail. The carcass had already been started on, a large hole in its midsection. The princess was mostly playing with her food, not as hungry as she had thought or perhaps just not content to be having squirrel. Rabbit had been on the menu but in chasing one, fate brought the other into perfect symmetry with her attack. She was bound to lose the rabbit so she made the snap decision to spring on the unaware squirrel.

After completing the meal to her content she got up and proceeded toward the border. It was the closest well beaten path and would lead her to the easiest trail back into the heart of the territory. The grass tickled her underside, dry and rough to the touch. Azalea padded slowly along the border, happy to slow down and take her time.

She hadn't gotten far before she was stopping completely, the little red headed heir looking over to see a wolf right outside the markers, under a thick oak. "Excuse me," She began, aware the wolf was sleeping. Amber eyes cast around, looking for signs of companions. From what she could tell, the wolf was on her own.

juno

gems
size
build
player
09-06-2013, 11:26 AM

In her doze, she felt nothing and it was that bleak emptiness that had become so welcoming to the withering dame. The numbness was better than the waking hours of pain, was it not? She didn't have to think here or struggle to face down the various demons that had chosen to plague her mind. No, here she was free. Save for the nightmares, they didn't lessen, though they seemed to carry less power in the daylight.

'Excuse me...'

A voice roused her, creeping into her conscious and drawing her awake. Blearily she shook her head, raising it as she did so to see another wolf. Taking a slight breath, she realized this was a Vahallan wolf. Pushing herself to a seating position, her bi-colored eyes glanced over the oddly marked wolf, a polite smile forming tightly on her jaws.

"Greetings."

That was all that she would offer, unsure of what to say, needless to say, she hadn't expected to doze off and be caught in such a vulnerable position. What a way to make any kind of impression. Way to go, Juno, a voice in the back of her mind whispered. Fleetingly she'd gently shake her head, hoping to appear as if she was shaking sleep, rather than trying to rid herself of the voice that seemingly plagued her mind.

Speech,

Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-06-2013, 12:20 PM

The wolf opened her eyes, looking for a prolonged moment at Azalea. Seeming to realize that she was in the company of another, she sat up quickly. "Greetings," "Earthling," Her mind completed.

The she-wolf said nothing else so Azalea nodded a greeting back. "I am Azalea Adravendi, Heir to Valhalla. Do you have business with Valhalla?" She supposed she should have asked a named but given she gave hers, it was a given that she wanted one back. The gal sat down herself now, toes right inside the border. The dark female before her seemed nonthreatening but it remained to be seen if she was just passing by or was seeking entry into Valhallan lands.

Azalea perked up suddenly. Perhaps she wanted to join Valhlla? Why else would she be on their borders, it wasn't like she was some kind of Isardis come to whisk away a pack member.

juno

gems
size
build
player
09-12-2013, 01:11 PM

Azalea Adravend. The Valhallan heir.

The wolf opposite of her was powerfully ranked, an almost intimidating factor. Did she have business with Valhalla? Yes, she supposed that she did, even though she didn't want to admit it, let alone ask for help. Yet, she also knew she wouldn't make it much longer on her own. Pride, it would be her down-fall.

A hissing sigh escaped her, as she looked at the wolf across from her glumly. "Juno." She briefly introduced herself, not particularly wanting to linger long in conversation. "I suppose I am here to seek entry into Valhalla's ranks." The words would be spoken lowly, and lightly. She wasn't really sure about this decision, that would be evident.

Speech,

Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-12-2013, 02:14 PM

"Juno." The wolf before her seemed to be having some sort of inner battle with herself, or at least that was what it would seem to her. Azalea was no stranger to such things, she often had to fight inner voice. "I suppose I am here to seek entry into Valhalla's ranks." Her ears pulled back now though in confusion rather than anger. Juno, as she was called, seemed very unsure of her words.

Azalea was quick to point out this flaw, her words like dry ice even if she did not intend to be cruel. "You suppose or you know? Valhalla is not a pack to turn away able bodied wolves or those in need but you seem as though you are not entirely sure you even want to be here. To join this pack is a commitment, as with any pack. Choose wisely, Juno, if you cannot be loyal to this pack then you should take your leave now before we get further into things." Her tone was not sharp but rather to the point, her eyes light as she inquired the female think a bit harder on the matter before committing to a place she might not really wish to stay.

The heir was not about to make a mistake here, besides, Juno would be the first wolf she officially accepted (or declined) to their ranks.

Speech,

juno

gems
size
build
player
09-25-2013, 11:28 AM

Did she really want to be a part of Valhalla? She wasn't sure what she wanted anymore. It wasn't anything against the pack, or any of the packs in this land, but a she-wolf could only be let down so many times before they'd finally snap, and lose all hope- all patience with the world. She had hit that point, nearly violently. No, she wasn't sure about her choices, yet, the long look at that she would give the heir of the pack before replying would be calculating, deciding what she should say.

"Azalea, have you ever been faced with a decision... that you don't want to make? I'm here at these borders because, I fear if I leave I won't survive the journey to another pack. I had a home... and it fell apart. I know nothing of Valhalla's ways. I'd take even a slave position if it meant my paws didn't have to carry me any further." She took a long breath, and glanced away from the heiress sitting opposite to her. "As for my loyalties.. there is not a soul alive who can question them justly." With that she would fall silent, awaiting the other madam to speak.