Tessi

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
10-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Ooc;// this character is new and I don't know it. So I am just going to type and let her become what she will.

It was early. An early morning for a restless soul. Tessi couldn't remember the last time her head had left her alone long enough to have a pleasant sleeping experience. She didn't trust enough for that. Not in a world where no one cared about the right thing. The sun had yet to wash up over the horizon, but light had already taken to the sky. And with the came some calm to the paranoid woman's mind. She had survived another night. No one had promised her that she would. And in this world, you never knew what would come for you in the dark. Tessi knew better than most. Sense birth she'd done nothing but run for cover and hold out until morning. There where a few good memories back through the pages, but all the bad ones where clearer and easier to remember. There had been a lot of wolves who wanted her to have nothing. And they had made her what she was. A ball of Paranoia and Spite.

It was a hell of a way to live. Always trying to make it to tomorrow. Uncertainty was a sick and cruel mistress. Because once you became adjusted to that feeling that something was chasing you, it was hard to stop running, even when you where finally out of danger. It was a drug. It was really an addiction. There was nothing Tessi hated more than feeling like she had to look over her shoulder and feel like the world was out to get her. But you can't hate something you don't love. There was no finer concept to consider than this. This was all familiar. It was something she knew. There was a safety to it. Hiding from the boggy man was something she knew how to do. If she wasn't scared of the dark, how could she enjoy the light?

Light was comfort. Even on a particularly grey morning such as this. The sky was cloudy and a breeze blew threading of rain. But there was light. And that brought calm to the woman's bones. She laid on her belly on the strip of land, And off to ether side of her sat a landmass. She would explore both before settling, bit for now she just wanted to lay there. Her maw rested on her maw in front of her as her two different colored eyes looked out over the waters. Her grey pelt was starting to get shaggy as her winter belt was beginning to come in, and those eyes looked aged beyond their years. She had no where to be, so for just this moment she chose to remain. She'd managed to find some calm, she intended to enjoy it.

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
10-14-2014, 07:26 AM

I can't feel the way I did before

Don't turn your back on me
She had heard rumors of the new continent, and of the name given to the land bridge by the explorers charting it. Bifrost. Simply a myth to them, no doubt, rather than the very real place it was between the worlds, but the naming of this land bridge was what had drawn Katja here in curiosity. The sun had not yet breached the horizon, and in the pale twilight it appeared little different from any other white-sand beach in the grayish light.

As her eyes swept the massive land bridge they fell upon a form pressed upon the sand facing out to sea. Katja paused in calm wariness, feeling the sand slide and squeak between her toes as she froze in place to study the wolf she'd come upon. She classed the other wolf as little threat as she was, but before she could move on the sun burst over the ocean as it fled Skoll into the sky. The ruddy light suddenly illuminated the sands, and the glittering colors that gave the land it's name became suddenly apparent, catching Katja's attention with the wonder of it.

""
I won't be ignored

Time won't heal this damage anymore

Tessi

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
10-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Tessi went unaware of the other wolf's presence for the time being. Right now she was just allowing her mind to go blank, waiting for the moment to come that she would have to move on. Light was precious. And in this season it was brief. So once the sun was about the horizon she would begin her rounds. There where a great many things she needed to do and not much time left to do them. She needed to find a den, and learn the path of prey movement. But again, the girl was a survivalist, so she was confident that she could manage. The thought of joining a pack sat in her mind, but it sat there very very sorely. A pack might come in time, maybe. Maybe if the going got too hard in winter. She would do what she had to to survive. But with being in a pack came dealing with your packmates. And that required trust. And trust was something she sorely, sorely lacked.

Finally, the sun breached the horizon, and with it, light came to the white sandy beach. This caused Tessi to stop her train of thought in a moment of pure wonderment. The speckled light shimmering in the sun all around her. It was something to behold. A site unlike many others she'd seen before. Taking a moment to look all around her and take this site in, that's when she noticed the other female in the distance, who also seemed preoccupied with the same thing as her. Raising to her feet, she pulled her body back in a stretch. Then again, forward. Finishing off with a good shake, she settled herself on her rump, two colored gaze settled on the other waiting to see what she would do.