Ronon

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
10-07-2014, 09:20 PM

The graceful feline had no idea what sort of world he was leading his paws through. He was aware of other species besides his almighty cat kin (but they weren't as good as cats). He had no idea just how almighty his own species may be, even if he is the only one.

The only cat? I can't be! There have to be others!

He had been seeing nothing but wolves. Wolves, wolves and more wolves. Weren't there any lions and tigers? Bobcats and leopards? Have dogs claimed these lands? Is this world conquered by stupid yapping mutts? Why did he feel so...extinct? Why was he extinct?

The man had only watched the vivid sunrise for a few moments before finding himself pelting through the thicket. A black shadow would swiftly run through the grass, outlined against the faint rose sky. It was all the creature would do, travel the great beyonds with amazing cat-like speed. Golden sage eyes gleamed victoriously. He enjoyed the silent whispers of the dawn, being the only soul in miles. Chasing the wind towards the horizon, he was determined to find others of his kind. They had to be out there, waiting for his return.

"Speech" Thoughts
[Image: iWaBrhp.png]
* This character is prone to random outbursts of violence and language *

Kathleen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
10-31-2014, 08:07 AM

The black and white woman had smelled him long before she saw him. The once tall green grasses were turning yellow and brown hiding the earth colored feline. From where she lay, he appeared to have no tail but he was taller than herself. His ears were larger but everything else about him was smaller. He was not as stalky or long in body as she was, he even looked as though he weighed less than her. The first word to reach her mind was interesting, the next was strange.

Kathleen had never seen a feline that looked as he did. She had seen only other snow leopards though if she were to see another leopard breed she would know what he or she was instantly. The spots gave them away, just as her spots gave her away. She would watch him for a few moments more knowing that if he was paying attention there was no way he could have missed her white pelt among all of the fall colors.

Once she got bored with watching him, just as she had gotten bored with her home in the snow covered mountains, she would stretch out and yawn. Claws would extend from her large paws and her tail would curve up to the sky and in the end of the stretch her claws would once again be sheathed and her tail would hover just above the ground. Icy blue eyes would lock onto the other cat and her usual mask would fall into place. She did not know this male there for she did not trust him. Her past did not allow her to feel comfortable with anything but children and even then she liked to make them tremble a bit. "Who is it, I ask, that has entered my space?"

Being another cat she would allow him to entertain her, for now, as she was tired of seeing nothing but dogs.

Ronon

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
10-31-2014, 02:07 PM

Almost interrupted abruptly, the lynx would come to a smooth halt, facing the other creature with an emotionless stare. He examined this creature carefully, breathing in her scent, remembering all her details if he was ever to encounter her again. She was shorter in height with flawless flowing white fur, gently flecked with bold ebony spots. His own golden eyes could not stray from her piercing gaze of infinite ice blue. She had curved ears, unlike his own pointed ears. Her tail was long and majestic, also unlike his own black stub. He was different from her in countless of ways, yet the way she moved, put her paws down, spoke, it was all somewhat familiar. Somewhat feline. Another species of cat? What else could she be? Certainly not a wolf.

"Your space? I'm sure everyone is entitled to that space," He began with an amused and cocky tone, ignoring her inquire of who he was. He swiftly placed a paw in front of the female's own paws for only a moment before taking it away. He didn't trust others either, even the ones who were diplomatic and respectful. If others couldn't be trusted, so couldn't he.

"Speech" Thoughts

Kathleen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
11-02-2014, 07:34 AM

He would examine her, she thought he might be comparing differences just as she had been doing before she decided he bored her from a distance. However he was not much more interesting up close at the moment. Silently she debated ridding the world of him, just as she debated with every other living thing she had spoken to since her father had killed her sister. The only thing that had been able to stop her and allow things to live was her brother William.

Sadly for this feline he wasn't here to help her make up her mind, however this creature could decide his own fate. When he spoke her face and eyes became cold. When he would dare to move forward her eyes would show just how bad of an idea that was and not knowing if he saw the look or not he seemed to decide not to make that move. "Yes, my space. Those who enter it typically end up dead. her voice had not changed from the calm but commanding tone she had used earlier, only with her next words a bit of her own cockiness would find its way into her words. "So, what will it be. Your name, or your bloodied pelt."

Skælingr I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
11-02-2014, 07:40 AM

A chill nipped the morning air but it was greatly welcomed by the tiger. Soon his thick siberian coat would grow in and there was a chance he'd have to migrate north but for now he was content in the thicket where he'd made his home for some time. Ears twitched and jade green eyes opened slowly before his mouth opened in a wide yawn. Sk?lingr slowly stood and stretched, the shadow of the grass shifting oddly against his stripes, making his fur appear as if it were rippling water. Hold on. These scents.

Sk?lingr paused, nostrils flaring as he took in two peculiar, but definitely feline, scents. Curious and intrigued the great beast strode forward to find the source of the scent. Surrounded by nothing but wolves he relished the chance to meet others of the feline persuasion. Especially as one young wolf had taken quite a liking to him and he never knew when she'd spring up to pester him again though he did admit he got rather lonely at times. And canines did make excellent jesters.

Sk?lingr strode softly into the prescence of the other two cats, one a lovely female with a spotted snowy coat and sapphire eyes the other an earthen male. Both quite a bit smaller but a feline was a feline. He chuffed in greeting, a soft grin on his face. "It seems this place is rather popular. It's bounty is vast, but I'm pleased to see other felines here. I tire of my canine neighbors."

Ronon

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
11-04-2014, 04:19 AM

Ah, what a fiesty female this was. Did she speak a threat? He narrowed his cold eyes with disbelief. Meeting a worthy opponent was better than finding a loud and useless dog. Half of his personality desired to agitate her more and find himself in a glorious rage of teeth and claws. Unfortunately, the other half won as he eventually managed to simply state his name.

"Ronon," He was hesitant, but he replied, soon turning to see the bold flaming creature who had spoken before. He was a thunderous and beast-like cat, but the smaller cat would take no fear of size. Thick black stripes intricately marked the larger feline with his cheeks and muzzle fading into a pure white. How interesting this all was. A leopard, tiger and lynx. All cats with equal differences yet they all fall under the same family. What profound gathering was this? "And your names?"

"Speech"

Kathleen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
11-04-2014, 09:11 AM

The woman watched the earthen colored male carefully as the tip of her tail would flick from left to right and then back again. She didn't know for a fact that she could win a fight with him but she would definitely not back down. He looked like he was debating on irritating her to that point, but then he would give his name just as a much larger cat would appear at their side.

She had not seen him approach as her icy eyes had been locked onto the male closer to her size. She had smelled him though, so when he spoke to them, she did not jump. Eyes would move from the earthen man calling himself Ronan to the much larger and much more brightly colored male. Damn he was pretty...but what kind of cat was he? He had no spots, none at all. Even Ronan had small spot like marks on his chest and legs but this man had stripes.

Kathleen almost glared at Ronan when he asked for her name, but she couldn't take her mind from the whirlwind of confusion it was in. She knew what the hell a leopard looked like, she had been taught that, but these bloody cats confused the hell out of her. She had never been taught these marking much less seen them before. Pulling herself from her thoughts she would answer Ronan "I am Kathleen Nemera."

Her eyes would not leave the bright orange feline. She wanted to know what kind of cats these two where, but she also wanted to know the name of the giant male.

Skælingr I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
11-07-2014, 11:24 PM

Sk?lingr watched the pair inquisitively, pleased that they were brave enough to stick around for conversation. Most animals fled at the sight of him or at lease were so on edge it made it difficult to have a pleasant discussion. Sk?lingr moved forward a few steps but only to flop down on his side, the grass bending readily as the massive beast stretched out on his right side, tail curling lightly around his hind legs that lay stretching out before him. His eyes blinked slowly, his form relaxed and content to emphasize the point that he did not mean any harm to the smaller cats.

The little male cat asked for their names and Sk?lingr's eyes turned to the the lovely spotted femme who introduced herself as Kathleen Nemera. A lovely name. "I am called Sk?lingr? just Sk?lingr. And what of you sir? I'm afraid I missed your name." Above him the sky was slowly beginning to cloud up and he half wondered if they'd be graced with snow. He gathered from Kathleen's thick coat that she was a northern feline, much like himself. The Siberian was rather hoping for snow to be quite honest.

"Have you two been in this land long?"

Ronon

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
11-08-2014, 12:58 AM

The snow furred woman went by Kathleen Nemera, a name that he would tuck away in his memory for safe keeping. The larger orange male introduced himself as Sk?lingr, another interesting name that sounded quite unique on the tongue. And here he was with a simple name with simple sounds. That was how the lynx preferred it.

"Ronon." He repeated his name louder to Sk?lingr, watching as the flaming male seated himself on his right side calmly and contently. The other man did not seem like a threat, for now.

Hmm, no thanks. I think I'm good on my paws. He decided to stay standing while he would answer Sk?lingr's next inquiry of their time spent in these lands. The earthen lynx was in fact quite new. He had explored areas here and there but this meeting with these felines was indeed his first encounter of strangers that were not his own species. "Oh, not long."

"Speech" Thoughts

Kathleen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
11-08-2014, 06:01 PM

She would watch the large man lay down as if to show both Ronon and herself that he meant neither of them any harm. Little did the giant orange feline know, Kathleen had not been worried about him attacking her. She feared no one and never would as betrayal was no one. No one k-9, feline, bird or any other creature on the damn planet could be betrayal as the thing lived deep within all creatures. Or so she had been taught by her own flesh and blood as a young cub.

Silently she would store the large man's name within her memory as he asked a question of how long she and the other man had been in this land. Ronon would speak first, giving his name and then saying he hadn't been here long. Even though Ronon had been speaking, Kathleen's eyes had never left Sk?lingr so when she opened her mouth to speak she didn't need to move her icy gaze to him. "Come winter ill have resided in this lands snow covered mountains for a year."

After answering his question she would further examine him. How white fur would be only on his lower half aside from the insides of his ears and spots over his eyes while the rest of his large mass was coated in a red-orange layer that was only disrupted by ebony striping. His nose was pink and his eyes a shockingly familiar green. Though not emerald like her mother's eyes and that of the man who she had called father, but rather a jade color.

Like herself, Sk?lingr was gorgeous in his own way where as Ronon seemed dull in color. Aside from his scarce spotting anyway. Finally she could hold in her curiosity any longer. She absolutely needed to know what these to felines where. "What are you two? I know your both felines but I also know your not leopards. Her curiosity did not get the best of her very often, but when it did the creatures around her were usually safe from any harm.

Skælingr I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
11-09-2014, 02:01 PM

Sk?lingr took in the other males scent as well as his name. Mulling them over as he did so. "A pleasure, Ronon." They were certainly interesting little beasts and showed a varied range of build amongst the felines. The smallest cat had not been in the terra long. Sk?'s ears perked at this. Ahh? well that was good in a way, it meant that there were cats moving into the air and perhaps there would be more to follow. Maybe even another tiger.

His attention turned to Kathleen who had resided within Alacritis for a year though mostly in the mountains which would explain why he hadn't run into her before despite his wanderings. Indeed she seemed like a mountain cat, lithe and long but low to the ground and strong. Her lovely spotted coat was thick, even thicker than his own. Ronon seemed to be more of a forest dweller but he couldn't quite be sure just by looking at the smaller cat. Often the smaller species were more adaptable and could be found in a number of terras.

Sk?lingr rested his focus on Kathleen and her question. He smiled and nodded. "I am a tiger, miss Kathleen. A Siberian tiger." A shift in the wind brought the great cats attention to the gray skies above him and the clouds rolling in on a cooler breeze. He stared for just a moment before looking over at Ronon.

Ronon

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
11-10-2014, 03:41 AM

Looks like these two have both resided in these lands longer than he. Ah, what could he expect? He couldn't exactly go back to where he came from, so he was stuck here for the time being. He hoped to gain familiarity while his explorations through the terrains and for the moment the only well known area was this thicket and a strange moor of jutting rocks.

How interesting, the larger male was a Siberian tiger. The lynx had heard of legendary and powerful orange beings, but what made a Siberian tiger different from an ordinary tiger? Or were there other types of tigers? In his opinion, they all looked similar with strength and stripes. But then again, from a tiger's point of view a Eurasian Lynx may look similar to other species of lynxes.

"I am a Eurasian Lynx," He answered the female's question, adding a little more information like she did. "We mainly reside in woods."

Kathleen seemed to be mountain dweller, hence the color of her coat (perhaps to help with hunting through the snow). Although with Sk?lingr, the lynx was not sure where tigers dwelled.

"Speech" Thoughts

Kathleen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
11-10-2014, 01:18 PM

She would watch the large Jade eyed cat as she waited patiently, or as patiently as she could manage, for him to answer her question. Though she also wanted to know what Ronon was, she still hadn't managed to peel her icy gaze away from Sk?lingr's striped pelt. She couldn't imagine the man living in the snowy landscape she called home, he would starve to death. Ronon however might be able to survive her homeland so long as he didn't stay through the winter months.

At last she would receive an answer. A Siberian Tiger huh? The type of cat he was made her want to call him tiger. Now, considering he was a tiger, she could call him that and get away with it. As Ronon started to speak, Kathleen would tear her gaze away from the tiger and place it upon the other male. A linx and a tiger. Who would have thought she would run into two felines from two completely different landscapes.

Though she didn't know exactly where a tiger was from, she was positive he would never survive a winter in her mountains. Ronon was from the wooded areas and his pelt would most definitely help him hide there but where on earth could Sk?lingr be from. He was too bright for the dark rocks and white snow of a mountain yet she didn't think he could hide in any normal forest either. Again she had to know. "Sk?lingr? I am from the mountains and Ronon is from a wooded landscape so...where is it you are from?"

Skælingr I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
11-25-2014, 03:08 PM
ooc:  I am so sorry for the wait!  I've got a lot going on right now so I'll pull him out so I'm not holding you guys up  xD

Skælingr was content to bask in the company of other felines for once and he took these precious moments to relish the feeling.  However, he knew he'd have to be on his way soon.  He'd been in the midst of a hunt and could not afford to let his prey wander to far away from him.  Ronon introduced himself as a Eurasian Lynx… interesting.  A woodland creature.  Cats really were fascinating if he said so himself.

"I am from the taiga and the tundra… far north in the bitter cold forests."  Slowly he raised to his feet and shook out his thick coat.  "I thank you both for allowing me to share in your company but I'm afraid I must continue on.  Perhaps we will see each other around.  I wish you well."

Ronon

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
11-28-2014, 02:55 AM
He did not expect a brightly colored creature to be found in the northern landscapes, but Siberian tigers must have their own skills and traits that allow them to do so. Perhaps camouflage was not as important in this feline's case but a cat was a cat, no matter the differences. Although the earthen man preferred his own ways and techniques as a lynx.

The gathering had come to an end as the tiger rose to his paws and passed out a polite farewell. He had found this an interesting conversation, but he could not stay in this place for too long. He was always on the move, like any runner would be.

"As do I." He kept his farewell brief, simple yet formal. He really didn't care if he came across these two cats sometime in the future but for now it was best for him to also leave. He found himself walking his own solitary path, a completely different direction from the tiger. His kept his senses alert, making sure no-one dared to follow him.

-exit Ronon-

"Speech" Thoughts

Kathleen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
12-31-2014, 08:51 PM

The striped feline's answer had shocked her more than these two males would ever know. It was mind boggling to know that the bright orange male also lived some where that was covered in snow for a good portion of the year. The biggest question that would come to her mind and continue to come to mind would be how the hell did he hunt in the winter with that brightly colored fur. An eyebrow would raise at him as if she didn't believe him, aside from that she had looked just as she had before he had given her this bit of information.

Sadly, for her, Skælingr had decided it was due time for his departure before she could blurt her disbelief. Rather than growling her disapproval of his leaving she would give a small and rare smile to the two men leaving her space. At first the lynx, Ronon, had aggravated her but in the end they had had a short but pleasant conversation with the tiger. "Perhaps we will, and I wish you well, as well Skælingr." after her words to the striped man she would turn to the woodland cat and offer her goodbyes to him as well "Goodbye Ronon." and with that she to would leave.

-exit Kathleen-