ardent

Among Clashing Tides

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-20-2013, 10:20 PM

She had been exploring the lands around her new home, trying to lock the terrain into her head, to remember. Seraphine would need a place to come and think if times were to get tough, a place where she could clear her mind, really think out what was going on around her. Even though she was suppose to be paying attention to where she was going, the girl still managed to stray quite a distance from her home, ending up lost in a dry land.

A pile of black fur lay beneath a thin sheet of rusted metal propped up on a dry bush, some rocks at the other end to keep it from falling over. The sun had been on her back the whole time, not a single cloud floating by to give her just a sliver of a break from the heat. So she had to stop, or else she would have collapsed. The girl lay on her left side, keeping the scarred parts of her body cool in the dirt she had dug up to offer some coolness, even if it wasn't much. Eyes were closed, chest slowly rising and falling.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Awesome image by Trynx <3

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-20-2013, 10:46 PM

He was much farther today than he had ever gone on any of his exploration expeditions. He was much father than the east, all the way down to the west. It was a lot warmer down here than it was in the east. In the east it was a bit more humid, but down here it was a dry hot. Which made the thick pelted Taurig very uncomfortable. He wasn't even sure why he was down here in the first place, but it would was kind of too late to go back up. He might as well explore the lands while he was it. And this place was pretty interesting to say the least. Although he do without the searing heat. His dark pelt didn't help in the least.

He moved slowly through the strange place, icy gems observing the odd things that were strewn across the rocks and sand. They were certainly things he had never seen, and they were a little bit interesting. Though when he tried pawing at one of the things, it burned him. A surprised yelp slipped past inky lips, gaze narrowing as a growl rumbled in his chest. What the hell. He growled at the thing, stalking away from it, looking to see if he could spot anything that would allow him some respite from the rubbish surrounding him. A dark figure caught his attention, one lying beneath something that remotely resembled a lean to. He moved towards it, realizing that it was a wolf, a she-wolf at that, her scent one of Valhalla. So, she belonged to the wolves his father had gone to challenge. He didn't care much. He had no quarrel with them. Not yet anyway. He approached slowly, lowering his head to spear less threatening despite his size. Is there room in there for one more? He called out softly, stopping at a respectable distance, part of him thinking that his large figure probably wouldn't fit in such a small space. But it was worth a try.

Talk like this

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-20-2013, 11:01 PM

A half torn ear would flick at a voice, then the other, eyelid slowly parting to reveal an ocean blue orb. She would look straight ahead at the slanted roof, taking a moment for her eyes to adjust to the lighting. At first she thought it was just her imagination but after her eye moved to focus on a large dark form she realized she wasn't alone. Slowly she ground pull her limbs close to her body then shifting so they were beneath her, pushing herself up into a sitting position with her head low in order to fit beneath the shelter. "Maybe." A short answer, devoid of any real emotion.

Stretching out her neck the girl would scoot over anyway, moving to the opposite end of the shelter. It was then her patches of bare flesh were shown as she turned, covering half the left side of her face which held a golden orb, a patch on her neck, shoulder and middle of her left forelimb. She would move back enough for the man to fit, just an inch of two of her back poking out of the shade. "Black pelt too, probably would have passed out if I hadn't found this." She spoke softly, kind of to herself, motioning to the slanted roof.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-20-2013, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013, 11:38 PM by Taurig.)

It was getting hotter every second that he stood out in the sun. Or at least it felt like that. His core body temperature was rocketing to a very uncomfortable level, causing the titan to pant heavily, tail flicking uneasily behind powerful haunches. He needed to get out of the heat now, or else he would collapse from heat exhaustion. And that wasn't the best idea when being so far away from home. And especially with a stranger. Although this particular stranger didn't look like she would be much of a threat, but one could never be certain. Looks tended to be very deceiving.

His voice caught his attention and he watched as she rolled herself onto her paws, rising up into a sitting position, a pair of dual colored eyes staring up at him as she suggested that there could be. Though her answer didn't sound very convincing, she scooted away, making more room in the makeshift shelter for him to fit under. Though as she turned to make room, he realized something; she had burn marks. All across the left side of her face, decorating part of her neck, shoulder and leg. Not only that, but she was missing part of her ear and she had no tail. He hadn't seen many wolves like her, but he surely wasn't very surprised to see what she looked like as a whole. She was actually kind of pretty, burns and all. But he wasn't about to start throwing compliments out at a random stranger. He was quick to retreat under the cooling shade, audibly sighing with relief as he curled himself into the shade, trying to take up the least amount of room possible so that the young woman wouldn't be left half out in the sun. Inky ears perked at her words, icy gaze flickering to her scarred face. Guess you got lucky you found this huh. Thanks for sharing by the way, my name is Taurig. He presented her with a short nod of acknowledgement, ever the respectful warrior.

Talk like this

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-21-2013, 12:15 AM

She would watch in silence as the male made his way into the shelter, escaping the heat, barely fitting under the shelter. There was probably only four or five inches between the two for a moment but quickly went away once he was fully inside. It was strange, to be so close to a stranger but she pushed the awkwardness aside, they would have to deal with the close quarters until one of them either left or till the sun went down and the place cooled down.

Both ears would swivel around to face the man when he spoke, head tilting the slightest, eve giving a small nod back to him. He gave his name, Taurig, what a strange but interesting name. Her mismatched eyes would run over his body, going over parts she could see and running up his neck and to his face, plastering the name to it so she would remember, even if they wouldn't run into each other once again.

"Seraphine, and no problem. Wouldn't want somebody to bake in his heat, would be a terrible way to die." She said softly, her gaze going past him and out at the dry earth that appeared cracked in some spots. "Exploring get you lost too?" She asked curiously, jaws parting in a small yawn, shifting her paws.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-21-2013, 12:41 AM

He felt rather bad that he was asking this young woman to share the shelter that she found for herself with him, especially since he was such an abnormally large man. But she didn't seem to mind. In in a small show of gratitude, the titan would try and curl himself into a ball, trying to keep from stretching out his massive body in order to allow her to have her own room, while at the same time keeping most of his body from being exposed to the searing heat. He was beyond grateful that she'd been willing to share. A warm smile touched the corners of his jaws as she returned the nod. At least she was somewhat friendly.

Seraphine, and no problem. Wouldn't want somebody to bake in his heat, would be a terrible way to die. Exploring get you lost too? Seraphine. That was a very pretty name. He was sure to remember it, though he didn't think they would be meeting again anytime soon, especially since she lived in Valhalla and that was the pack his father was going to challenge for the female he wanted. Either way, he would enjoy this time with the young woman Seraphine. I guess you could say that. Just been trying to explore every inch of this new place and unfortunately I ended up here today. But I learned my lesson. The west isn't a very nice place. Or at least, this particular region isn't. He glanced out to their surroundings, his gaze roaming over the rubbish and dried earth. This was a place where things were discarded and where wolves you weren't careful died. That could've been him today if it hadn't been for Seraphine. He was lucky.

Talk like this

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-21-2013, 01:58 PM

Ears would twitch as the man spoke, lowering her head to get at an itch just behind her right ear. He explained that he was just trying to explore these lands when he found himself where he is now, that the west wasn't a nice place, at least this part of it. Seraphine lifted her head and gave a small nod though she would furrow her brows in thought, Tortuga coming into her mind. "Would you rather be here or on a volcano?" She suddenly asked, not meeting his gaze, staring at the slanted shelter above them. She didn't mean for it to seem like she was making him choose which was worse, its just that Tortuga's territory popped into her head when he brought up this place not being so nice.

"My second home, there was a volcano within the territory." She wouldn't be giving him her life story, no way, the girl didn't even know this guy besides his name. She would lower herself down though, curling up in a tight ball, though not as tight like the man did since she wasn't as large. "I think I rather be on a volcano, because it will only blow once in awhile but when it does you can escape it. But here, you can only escape it so long as long as there is something to hide under, but when you leave it will still be there beating on your back." It was a strange thing to begin talking about but it was better than just sitting there awkwardly in silence. "Which would you choose?" Her voice held a friendliness to it, curious, wanting to hear his thoughts.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-21-2013, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013, 02:28 PM by Taurig.)

She would lean down to get an itch behind her ear before lifting her head, nodding at his words, her brows furrowing. His own brows furrowed in confusion. Had he said something that had upset her? Would you rather be here or on a volcano? Would come her unexpected question, her bi-colored gaze raising to stare at the slanted roof above them. Volcano? He had never lived near a volcano in his life. I'm not very sure. I have never lived near a volcano or even been around one. He answered honestly, hoping that his answer wouldn't be too terrible and vague. How was he supposed to answer that when he'd never had the experience of living by a volcano?

My second home, there was a volcano within the territory. She curled herself into a ball, mimicking his posture as she continued to talk. I think I rather be on a volcano, because it will only blow once in awhile but when it does you can escape it. But here, you can only escape it so long as long as there is something to hide under, but when you leave it will still be there beating on your back. What would you choose? He wasn't exactly sure where this topic had come from and what had prompted her to bring it up, but he didn't really mind. He liked conversation, even if it was about a subject that he didn't know too much about. Well...I think living by a volcano would probably be a better option, since like you said, it's more escapable than this unbearable heat. He shifted a little, trying to keep his massive frame inside the shade of the shelter, salmon tongue peeking out from inky jowls in a light pant.

Talk like this

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-21-2013, 02:51 PM

From the sound of it, this guy didn't travel much towards the east, which was where the volcano lie in Tortuga. But, eve from a distance you could see the ominous mountain, it wasn't hard to miss. Oh well, it didn't really matter, he had answered her question. After a few moments though he answered her second question, choosing volcano too for the same reasons as she had given. Interesting, she gave a small nod of her head. "You ask me something now." She told him, her gaze looking out for something. Even though the two fit barely she wanted to try making the shelter bigger so they could lay comfortably. Half the reason the told him to ask her something, the other half, just to pass time till they either cooled down and one of them decided to leave, or til the sun went down so it was cool enough to finally go.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-21-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013, 06:26 PM by Taurig.)

He could feel the heat around them beginning to increase, the cracked earth around them seeming to visibly dry up with each passing moment. Taurig wasn't sure how much longer he would be able to last in this godforsaken heat, but he really hoped it wouldn't be for much longer. He didn't mind spending time with his new acquaintance Seraphine, but it would be better if it was under different circumstances. But there wasn't much he could do now except wait out the heat or make a dead sprint out of there back home. You ask me something now. She was pretty blunt with what she wanted and he supposed that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Ummm... He rummaged through his head for something that would make conversation, avoiding the topic of asking about her burns, despite being slightly curious about them. Have you ever been up to the north? It was the first thing that popped into head and now that it was out, it sounded like a pathetic conversation starter, or continuer in this instance. But it was the best he could do.

bah crappy post >.<

Talk like this

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-21-2013, 07:11 PM

With him deciding on a question for her Seraphine pushed herself up and back a few steps till half her body was outside the shelter. Ears twitched, waiting to hear his voice, her front paws going to work, lightly digging at the ground, pulling away the dried up dirt and trying to bring up some of the cooler moist dirt. She managed to get about two inches of the top layer off, exposing some cool dirt when Taurig finally thought of a question, has she ever been up near the north? She passed, her head tilting to the side in thought. She couldn't remember being near snow as a child, so she assumed she hadn't been up there. "No sir, only been around the volcano and a bit in the east." She answered with a small smile, throwing her mismatched gaze at him briefly.

"Are you a heir or prince?" It was her turn, and she would make this into little question game. What made her ask if he was a prince, easy, the way he talked. Most wolves didn't talk in such a manner, not so polite. She would turn her head away from him, taking a few more steps back, tongue hanging out the side of her jaws, panting a bit as she now fully stood in the sunlight. "You can scoot over, it'll be cooler." She moved out of sight, walking a few feet to inspect a small piece of metal like the one they were using as shelter. "I can still hear." She rose her voice a bit, moving away from the too small metal to look for a different one that was bigger.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-21-2013, 08:47 PM

He watched with a curious icy gaze as Seraphine began to stand, pushing half of her body from beneath the shade of the shelter. Taurig stirred, about to stand as well to tell her that if he was taking up too much room that he could elsewhere to shelter himself, but he then realized that she wasn't leaving. She was digging, making a little bit beneath the shelter to bring up the cooler earth beneath the cracked crust. He relaxed, watching her as she tore away at the top layer of the dirty until she'd made a little hole in the dirt. As his words reached her ears, she paused her work, tilting her head at him as she answered his question. No sir, only been around the volcano and a bit in the east. She gave him a smile at the end, bringing his own to tug at the corners of his inky lips. Sir. That was such a funny term. He was no sir. His father was a sir, but not him. He still had a long way before he became a sir.

Are you a heir or prince? The question made him laugh. A prince? An heir? He was hardly such a thing. My father is the King of the pack Glaciem, but no I'm not a prince. I'm just a warrior. He answered simply, honesty ringing in his words. She continued with her digging until she'd peeled away about two inches from the top, now fully standing in the glare of the sun, panting from the exertion as she offered him her place in the cool dirt. She moved off before he could fully protest, apparently looking for somewhere to reside under, telling him that she could still hear over her shoulders. Seraphine are you sure? Your coat is much darker than mine. You should be the one lying here in the cool dirt, not me. He didn't move from his curled ball, staring at the spot where the young woman had been, hoping she would return back to the shade before she overheated.

Talk like this

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-21-2013, 10:02 PM

Ears would raise along with her brows when the man told her his father was the king of Glaciem, the pack which is causing trouble with Valhalla over a stupid girl. Seraphine thought it was stupid, why cause so much commotion over a girl who was probably looking for the attention? She would shake her head at this with a huff through her nose, some people could be idiots. If she had continued thinking about it she would have missed what Taurig said, yes his father was the king but he wasn't a prince. What? Wasn't that how it worked, your kids became the princes and princesses? But here this guy was telling her he wasn't, that he was a warrior... interesting.

As she walked around outside the shelter, panting lightly, she could hear the man asking if she was ure, telling her that because her coat was darker then she should be the one laying in the dirt, not him. Sera couldn't help but chuckle, he thought she would make a separate shelter? Coming to a stop at another piece of metal the girl would lower her head to inspect it, glancing over at the man. "I'm sure, don't worry. I'm going to bring another piece over anyway to make it bigger." She informed him, turning her gaze down at the metal.

Carefully the shewolf got her nose under the sheet, sliding it up onto her head and carefully lifted it. It looked to be a decent size, and since she was smaller than Taurig she thought it would be good enough for her to lay under comfortably. Carefully setting it back down she would turn around, that stump tail of hers wiggling around. "And now I'm done." She gave a satisfied nod. With a small smile she would turn back around, bending over to grab an end in her jaws but before they could close she paused. Glancing over at the male. "Your turn for a question."

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-23-2013, 01:23 PM

He could see the way that she reacted when he spoke about his father and his pack. Did she knew what had gone down not too long ago with his father coming to challenge for a Valhallan girl? He didn't doubt it by the way that her ears perked and eyebrows rose. Probably all of the Valhallan members were informed about the coming events, but would she hold him accountable for the actions of his father? Would she see him as party of the guilty party for being the one causing her family trouble? He didn't want to cause anyone trouble; that was Isardis. In a way, Taurig was guilty for association, given that he didn't try to stop his father from taking the Valhallan woman. He could've, but it really wasn't any of business and if his father was willing to go and challenge for a pack wolf, then clearly this woman had crossed a line with Isardis and was now going to pay the price.

I'm sure, don't worry. I'm going to bring another piece over anyway to make it bigger. Her words put him at eases and with tentative reluctance, the large brute would uncurl himself from his ball, crawling over to the little pit the young woman had dug, lowering his belly into it, an audible sigh slipping past inky jowls. It was much fresher in the little pit then in his previous spot. Taurig settled down, lowering his massive head onto his paws, icy gaze searching out Seraphine's figure, watching as she scoured around the rubbish that littered the landscape, searching for another piece to expand on the shelter with. She would find one to her liking, lifting to make sure that it was the right size before deciding to bring it over, pausing in her endeavor to inform him that it was his turn for a question. Dark eyebrows scrunched together in concentration, trying to think of another suitable question. What will you be when you get older? He asked, suddenly curious as to what profession she wished to pursue, since he had already given away that he was a warrior.

Talk like this

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-23-2013, 01:58 PM

Glancing over at Taurig after telling him it was his turn to ask a question, she could see his brows come together as he thought of one. She would turn away though, grabbing the sheet in her jaws, a low growl of irritation coming from her at the displeasing scraping sound it created when she started to pull it. Little by little she would pull it over, trying to make as less scraping she could with her teeth. "What will you be when you get older?" His question would make her ears twitch.

What would she become when she got older? Seraphine never really thought about it, just went on doing whatever each day. As she pulled the sheet over though she tried thinking of the possibilities. The girl wasn't too sure if she would stick with Valhalla once she was old enough to live on her own, but there was a small feeling that she would leave and join either a different pack or live the life a rogue. Maybe join a pack later in her life, depended on what happened in her life. What she knew for sure was that she wanted to learn how to fight well, be a good hunter and learn as much as she could. Be educated. Maybe if she did join a pack she would try for a high rank, aim for Beta one day and eventually become an alpha.

Reaching where the shelter was the shewolf would drop the sheet, tongue hanging out the side of her jaws in a pant. "I think," she began, bringing the sheet closer a bit before sliding it over her head. "I want to be a warrior, or somebody who helps make important decisions for their pack." She would move close to the bush and junk Taurig's roof was propped up on, angling the sheet so it would be alongside his. "I guess I Want to be kind of important and known, but not just for that, I want to make a difference I guess." She got the sheet in place, panting, but not heavily under the sun. Now that her ideas were out there she felt kind of silly, she was still young, almost a year old and already had these small dreams. Would this guy think she was silly, stupid for wanting such a thing?

"Is it silly to have such hopes already?" She asked softly, she had walked up to the side she had just put up, head underneath it so only her body was exposed to the heat. She wanted to know what he thought about it, maybe he could offer some advice on how to get there.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-23-2013, 02:43 PM

He waited patiently, icy gaze intent on her figure as she slowly dragged the giant piece of rubbish towards their current shelter, stopping just sort of it, panting with the exertion as she began to explain, meanwhile still trying to drag the rubbish into place. I think, I want to be a warrior, or somebody who helps make important decisions for their pack. I guess I Want to be kind of important and known, but not just for that, I want to make a difference I guess. He was pleasantly surprised by her answer. The warrior part he somewhat expected. Most young wolves aspired to be warriors, but as they got older their aspirations changed or they discovered something else that they were better at. But Seraphine wanted to help make a difference within a pack, to help lead it, to be known not as just a member of a pack, but as a wolf who helped to make a difference. That was beyond admirable.

Is it silly to have such hopes already? She peered at him from under the added part of their shelter, her voice soft. Silly? That was ridiculous. Seraphine, having aspirations like those are quite admirable. I haven't heard many wolves who want to make a difference, you're one of the first. And even though we barely met, I can already see you becoming someone great if you put your mind too it and never give up. He nodded in agreement with his words, confident in the observations that he had made about the young woman.

Talk like this

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-24-2013, 05:16 PM

Seraphine's lips would pull up into a smile at Taurig's words, ears perking up, her stump of a tail wiggling. So her dreams weren't silly, they were admirable. It made her very happy to hear that, and his compliment on her driven attitude only made her feel even better. Her father would be proud of her, and maybe he could help her achieve those dreams. Yes, he was a strong man and smart, he would definitely be able to help and keep her driven. "Thanks Taur, that makes me feel good. My father would be so proud when I tell him." Turning her gaze to the ground with the smile still there, lightly panting still, she would paw at the ground.

Like she had done for the spot Taurig was now laying in, Seraphine was getting rid of the hot and dry top layer of soil. Dirt flew up in a cloud behind her, taking away the dry earth, stopping after a few seconds once most of it was gone and left a good sized spot of cool soil for her to lay on. "So," she began, pulling her tongue in briefly to take a deep breath, crawling under the sheet to lay on her belly facing the man. "My turn for a question." She would give a small shake of her head, crossing a paw over the other, focusing her blue and golden gaze on the man's blue one.

"Miss Santhe, our alpha, has told us your father is challenging her for one of her members, a girl by the name of Liberty." She began, an ear flicking, the smile slowly fading away but still relaxed and not in any form of a bad mood, she was curious about something. "Are you guys ready for a potential war?" She asked with a slightly raised brow. "I'm not, especially since it's the girls' fault this is happening because she went and messed with the wrong wolf. Unnecessary trouble." She mumbled lastly, waiting for the man's reaction. Seraphine thought this was all stupid, that this trouble and potential war was because of a stupid child.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-24-2013, 08:55 PM

Thanks Taur, that makes me feel good. My father would be so proud when I tell him. His own smile curled his inky lips. One because his words had succeeded in their mission of uplifting her spirits and two because she had called his Taur. No one had ever called him by a nickname, not even his own mother. Seraphine was the first to call him by that and it made the tip of his tail wag gently against his hind paws. Very proud. He added on as an after thought, icy gaze never wavering from her figure as she stood, repeating the same process she'd done with the little hole that he was lying in now. It wasn't until she'd finished digging her own little pit that she lied down, panting slightly from the exertion as she claimed that it was her turn for a question. Taurig gazed at her expectantly, ears perked forward with attention, awaiting to see what her question would be.

Miss Santhe, our alpha, has told us your father is challenging her for one of her members, a girl by the name of Liberty. Are you guys ready for a potential war? I'm not, especially since it's the girls' fault this is happening because she went and messed with the wrong wolf. Unnecessary trouble. A quiet sigh slipped past inky lips, one ear folding against his skull. He'd been hoping that she wouldn't bring that up. But he'd kind of set himself up for it when he'd introduced himself as the son of the king of Glaciem. Oh well now. Well...as far as the pack as a whole, I'm not really sure. We have more females than anything and most have no prior training in battle. I was trained since I was six months old, so I could hold my own, as well as our overseer Argent and my father too. We have another male that has recently joined as well as having Argent training some of the females, but prepared for war? I don't think so. We have no allies, as far as I know, so if this challenge escalated into war, we would be severely outnumbered. Mind you, I don't condone anything that my father is doing. I rather think it's ridiculous that he's going to challenge a pack for a child, but each to their own. I swore my loyalty and featly to my father, and I am a man of my word. But if it comes down to war... He paused, allowing his words to sink in, icy gaze meeting her bi-colored one.

Please find safety. Shelter yourself far from the heat of the battle. Your father as well. I would not like harm to come to your or him. As much as I would hate to, I would have to eliminate any who dare hurt my father because he is, after all my father. I do really sincerely hope that it doesn't come down to war. Based on how you've been with me, I have a fairly good idea what kind of pack Valhalla is and it is a pack that if I were in charge I would be allies with. My father though, is a different story. I do hope you hold no ill towards me if I do ever come to hurt one of your pack mates. I don't do it out of malice, but simply to follow orders. It's what a warrior is trained to do. It was only after he finished that his icy eyes danced away to look off into the distance, his features haven fallen into an unreadable mask, wondering what Seraphine was thinking.

Talk like this

Seraphine

gems
size
build
player
08-28-2013, 05:05 PM

It seemed that the man was happy that she thanked him for his words, he should be and she appreciated it. And him adding 'very proud' only made her smile even more, here she was with a man she just met her he was already thinking she was admirable because of her hopes for the future and even telling her that her father would be very proud of her. It felt great.

And there it was, Taurig sighed at her question. Seraphine understood how he might feel but she wanted to let him know of the potential war, see if they would be prepared if one did happen. Ears would perk up though, listening closely. He informed her that he wasn't sure in the pack as a whole, they had mostly females and most didn't have prior training in battle. So, they would be in trouble, that wasn't good. Out of their pack he only listed him and two others who could hold their ground, but that was only three wolves, they wouldn't stand a chance. They got a male recently and Argent was training their females, but he didn't think they were prepared for war.

She would sigh at this news, lifting a paw to rub it against her head. She was hoping to hear that at least half of them knew how to fight and protect themselves, this wasn't good. What made it worse was that he didn't know if they had any allies, they would be severely outnumbered. What was good news however was him talking about how he thought his fathers actions were ridiculous, but he did swear his loyalty to him, that he was a man of his word. Seraphine lowered her paw back to the earth, meeting his gaze when he paused.

What he said next came as a surprise, not entirely because of how he spoke and acted so far, but it still was. He wanted her to find safety, stay away from the heat of battle and take her father with. Ears would fold back at this, listening as he went on to say he would hate to have to take out any of harm his father, and apologized, hoping this wouldn't come to war. He then went on about Valhalla, saying how based off of her he thought he would be an ally with if he had been King. When he went on to talk about ill feelings towards him for harming one of her pack mates, he explained it wasn't out of anger, just following orders.

"Thank you for the concern Taur, but I will be there when the challenge takes place. I want to see what happens, and will stay a safe distance away. If it does escalate into war I will be sure to tell my father, but we wouldn't leave until the children are safe first..." Her voice was soft as she spoke, thanking him for thinking about her safety but also letting him know they wouldn't abandon any children. "As for ill feelings, I won't upset if you harmed my pack-mates, much will be expected from you as the King's son. You will still be a friend of mine." She flashed a smile, trying to lighten the mood. The girl hoped he would be her friend, he was nice and seemed like a great guy to hang around, and she didn't want them to have too dislike each other because of their leader's actions.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you."

Taurig

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
08-29-2013, 12:34 AM

He had expected her to have thanked him for his concern and accepted the advice, at least swearing that she would take it. Her response wasn't nearly everything he expected. Thank you for the concern Taur, but I will be there when the challenge takes place. I want to see what happens, and will stay a safe distance away. If it does escalate into war I will be sure to tell my father, but we wouldn't leave until the children are safe first. As for ill feelings, I won't upset if you harmed my pack-mates, much will be expected from you as the King's son. You will still be a friend of mine. He allowed his gaze to return to her scarred gaze, features noticeably falling as she mentioned that she would be present at the challenge. He had mixed feelings about her presence. Part of him felt that it would be a good learning experience for her, so she could see what was to be done and not done in a fight, in case she ever came to participate in one. But then again, he felt like she was too young still to be exposed to such things, especially since she hadn't been raised as a warrior from a young age. Regardless, it was her decision and that of her father's that would determined whether she was present at the challenge or not. He could only hope that she would get herself out of harm's way if things got heated.

A solemn nod was given to her first set of words about the challenge and the getting the children to safety. It was good that she was thinking about helping her pack out. He knew that he'd been right about the young being a wolf of good character. Her father had raised her right. But the solemn expression was soon to disappear at the mention of being her friend. His first friend in Alacritis, and from the current rival pack. Funny how things worked. Your friend... He trailed off, inky lips curling into a grin. I like the sound of that. Your friend is what I will be Seraphine, for life if you so wish. There was a silent promise in his words as he gazed at the amazing young woman before him. A friend. His first one.

Talk like this