paper swans

Arivae

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
10-05-2014, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 07:02 AM by Arivae.)

Her mother had finally returned home to her father. But more disasters seemed to take place near their home. Storms, tons of water. It was horrifying. And Arivae was trying her best to clear her mind of everything, and instead, wander around the den aimlessly. Recently her walking has become much easier- and now, she could run. Just a little bit though. Or else she'll trip on her paws and faceplant into the mud. Which wasn't a very good time...considering her mother and father were already busy enough. They could be doing work instead of cleaning her muddy face. Ah, but she wasn't going to run today. She was just going to explore a bit. No harm in doing that.
"Rain, rain, go away," She began to sing aloud, a song she learned a little while back. Arivae tipped her chin up and grinned, twirling around a bit as she sang. "Come again another day!" The young girl giggled and continued on skipping down the little path, humming the lyrics over and over. Suddenly, she slipped forward and fell straight into the mud, a cry leaving her lips as she hit the ground. She wriggled and squirmed to a standing position, but slipped again, this time a bit softer. Now she was covered in mud. Heck, she practically looked like a muddy monster. "Oh, honestly!" She would yell in frustration, sitting up and sputtering on mud.
What a perfect day for a pup like her.

""

Psalm 1

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
10-05-2014, 10:48 AM

Mommas were asleep. The naturally quiet boy had found a perfect opportunity to slip out of the den, somehow he?d gotten away without sleeping under his mother?s paw. As soon as his parents had fallen asleep the boy had silently crept from the den. Of course he wasn?t allowed to go out by himself, but he had no fear of the outside and found his mothers caution illogical. Incredibly tiny paws would propeel him forward and out into the world. Impossibly blue eyes would look out over the unknown foliage and well worn path. Instinctually the boy would keep himself on the same path, he?d not thought to run off into the brush. His walk was slow, the boy wanted to watch and see everything as it passed by. His attention would flit between each new plant and rock, before the sound happened.
Eyes would widen in curiosity, he?d never heard a cry quite like that before. Not feeling any fright he would rush forward as fast a short puppy legs would carry him. Even for a pup it seemed Psalm was rather small, but he would hurry just as best that he could. Sight of the dark girl would cause him to halt, his dark ears swiveling forward as he listened to her disgruntled words. He would stay far back from the mud that had so expertly covered the other pup. Tilting his head as an inquiry he would not open his lips to ask her anything. His hind legs had folded as his tail thumped behind him amusedly.

""

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Arivae

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
10-05-2014, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 11:52 AM by Arivae.)

So much mud. Arivae groaned and flopped around like a wild animal that was stuck in tar. Over and over would she try to stand, but be pulled down by the mud again. Mud was also getting in her mouth, and she felt like she was choking on it all. But that was not the case. Just overreacting, of course. Arivae finally let out a loud bark of frustration, allowing her legs to give out beneath her. And she just lied there. Giving up. And yet, as if things couldn't get any worse, some footsteps filled her ears and they forced her eyes open. There, a young boy stood, staring at her with a rather amused look.
Arivae growled softly and lifted her chin, finally managing to stand for more than a second. But she stood completely still. Suddenly, she hobbled up to the boy and attempted to flick some mud up at him, letting out a stubborn snort. "It's not funny!" She truly hated the fact that a boy would just sit there and stare as she was being eaten alive by mud. How about helping her, then making fun of her? Arivae hissed and took a step back, but slipped yet again, and fell into the mud with a 'plop.' She growled with frustration and slowly pushed herself to her clumsy feet yet again.

""

Psalm 1

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
10-05-2014, 01:10 PM

He would just watch the girl as she struggled in vain, bright eyes trained on her movements but he would not move except for his tail. He would keep himself still as she watched her struggle and finally tire of the squirming. She would growl at him, and this would only further draw him in with curiosity. No one had ever made that noise in front of him either. Though it sounded threatening, he would of course, not be intimidated by it. The fearless boy would continue to stare into her similarly colored eyes. After she?d given up her wild struggling it seemed she found more of an ease removing herself from the wet dirt.
He would not flinch as the mud was splattered on his white paw, eyes still trained on her angered face. He had to look up at her from his minuscule stature as she spit at him fiercely, ?It?s not funny.? He?d just watch her with eyes wide as she stepped back from his unmoving form. She would find herself slipping again which would only cause Psalm?s tail to wag in an more excited fervor. His expression would remain mostly blank except for the amused look that would beam from his eyes.

speech

Arivae

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
10-05-2014, 03:03 PM

This boy hadn't talked once. It was weird...what kind of pup didn't like to talk? She always liked to talk and ask questions, because learning new things and making new friends was always fun! But this boy...yikes. Maybe he was mute? Or maybe he had some kind of...sickness that refused to let him speak? Ah, no. He was probably the quiet-type, unlike her. Which still came out as totally strange to Arivae. It almost made her belly ache. So maybe...she could squeeze a word out of him? If she tried hard enough, he'd surely speak eventually, right? It wasn't like an assassin would pop up and cut his throat if he did... Arivae sucked in a cold breath as she leaned back onto her little torso. Even if he didn't talk...he still seemed happy enough that she was struggling and tossing wet dirt toward him. What a weirdo. Didn't talk, found throwing mud funny, and didn't know how to treat a girl. Pft. She shook her head and freed her face of mud, before smiling to the multi-colored boy with a rather pathetic look in her eyes. Almost a devious look. The girl rocked her body a bit before humming a few lighter-toned words. "Ahhh...no, I'm being rude." She rolled her eyes stubbornly and continued in that fake-gentle voice.
"Sorry. I lose my temper sometimes, but I had no reason to this time. Uh...my name is Arivae Destruction. Or Lainthorn. I kinda have two last names...I guess." The girl preferred 'Destruction', so she could seem more part of the Destruction family. But either was pretty much fine. "I've never seen you around here though...are you from Sawtooth? Or are you just lost?" Of course, she's heard a few of the names from the wolves in Sawtooth. But she didn't know exactly who Novel was! She didn't even hear about the new pups in the pack.

""

Psalm 1

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
10-05-2014, 04:01 PM

Psalm was naturally quiet, unless he was asking a question but thus far he?d had no desire to ask her anything. Of course he didn?t think there was anything wrong with himself, he didn?t like to talk really. He was also completely unaware at how much he was upsetting the other girl. She would take in a deep breath and calm herself once more, he?d listen to the words she made but was still less than impressed. ?What?s rude?? He?d ask curiously, the first words to come from his lips as he turned his head curiously again. She would continue about something, kind of confused at her words but he would take her name. Noting that she too held the destruction last name. Having two last names was odd, but he wouldn?t tell her verbally. He?d make an odd face as she asked him a question. He wasn?t sure if he even wanted to answer the girl, but she seemed interested so he would give her the name. ?Am Psalm Destruction. Mommy Novel and Mommy Ara keep me.? He?d answer her quietly, his tail still wagging erratically behind him.

speech