Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Novella
09-30-2014, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 06:10 PM by Sorel.)

His wounds had healed nicely and fortunately it seemed that there was no permanent damage to his head at all from the collision with the tree. One thing Sorrel had acquired in his accident however was a companion it seemed. Atlas, his mother's companion was quite tolerable though never had Sorrel sought a companion of his own and even now the boy felt that Ellingham was certainly someone he could live without. The red owl still refused to stray too far however and no one else seemed to mind him sticking around, it seemed that he was fighting a losing battle and the bird would be here to stay for now.

At the moment however Sorrel had escaped the owl and now found himself wandering alone outside of the shrine, revelling in the moment of peace he now had. Sharing the space with the pack was rather cramped in his opinion, there was too much noise and too much company, he was most certainly not one to cope too well in crowds. At least now that he had proven he was still functioning correctly they had mostly stopped fussing over him.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
10-05-2014, 05:11 PM

His brother had healed, and F?licien thanked the gods above that no permanent damage was evident. He had been scared to death for his twin, at a loss throughout his time unconscious, and was relieved, endlessly so, when the other finally woke. It seemed too that there was a new additional to the family, though Sorrel didn?t seem the most thrilled about it. Ellingham, the owl that had seen Sorrel fall unconscious, had stuck by his brother. It seemed fitting, however, that his brother found a companion in an owl as their mother had.

F?licien was returning to the shrine, finding his brother outside of and wandering. He came beside his twin, a smile on his face. ?A bit cramped in there, huh?? He knew his brother had preferred it to just the immediate members of their family, or much smaller groups... Crowds like this were something that Sorrel never cared to handle it seemed. But family was family, and there was little one could do about that. F?li would give a soft sigh, glancing out, back towards Threar lands. ?It will be nice when we can return home...?
"Speech"

Sorel

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Novella
10-07-2014, 12:17 PM

F?li may have thought it fitting for it to be an owl like Atlas though Sorrel didn't share those thoughts. Whilst in some sense he aspired to be like his mother, gaining some bird to fly around after him was not a key step in obtaining her knowledge and skills with plants and healing. Atlas of course was rather admired by the young man, the wise barn owl had been around since his birth and was in a sense part of the family. It would be wrong to assume he had anything against owls or any kind of bird though simply didn't wish for one himself.

Whilst he had little time for Ellingham, Sorrel certainly had time for his twin and wouldn't be tempted to stray away as F?licien joined him. He would give a steady nod of his head in agreement to the comment. As for the returning home, it wasn't so much the lands that were a problem, in fact for the least adventurous of his siblings it was a wonder he wasn't having any difficulties with the strange lands though it appeared he had long outgrown that desire to never leave the den. That was perhaps the only thing he looked forward to about home really in comparison to the other lands, his den, own little private place that typically didn't have to be shared with an entire pack. "Any idea when that will be?" He would question, perhaps F?li had heard something when he hovered around the rest of the pack.

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
10-14-2014, 12:08 PM

F?licien would shake his head sadly as his brother asked the question, a bit of a frown on his face. ?Not the slightest clue I?m afraid. I guess when the storms truly let up... Though there is no doubt going to be damage to fix. The herbs stores got horribly flooded too... So there?s probably nothing left of them. I can help you and mother gather more. I won?t really be much use in finding them, but I can certainly help carry them.? The offer was gentle, and a hint that F?li still longed to spend time with his twin, even now. It was kind of odd, really. Even thought F?licien was more adventurous than Sorrel, well... He hardly strayed out of pack lands. It made the boy wonder if he should at times, or if he was better off at home. Sometimes though... He couldn?t help but get the urge to make some sort of small journey. Just to discover more of the world.

But was he ready for that undertaking? His confidence had wavered as he grew older. He felt... Useless. F?li would shake his head, trying to dismiss his negative thoughts and just enjoy time with his twin. No life was forever... And with how close it seemed he came to losing Sorrel he wanted to cherish every moment he had with him. Tomorrow was never guaranteed. ?I was actually hoping you might be willing to teach me a bit more about herbs. I tried paying attention during mother?s group lessons but... I guess I?m better learning one on one.? He?d give Sorrel a bit of a sheepish smile. ?That is if you won?t mind. It?ll be some time for just us anyway. As much as I love the others... The current living conditions are a bit too much interaction for my tastes too.? He?d give a small laugh. Would that come as a surprise?
"Speech"