ardent

Jump Right In [Gael]

Flint

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2013, 03:52 PM

Flint chuckled to herself and stretched out her entire body with a long, yawning extension. She relished the feeling of her fur fluffing and her muscles moving in harmony. It was a sweet, sweet release. She had been waiting at the mouth of a rabbit warren, hoping to snap up a quick bite to eat, but had instead dozed off in the warm spring sun. Oh well, she thought. I wasn't that hungry anyways. instead she rolled over onto her back and gazed up at the sky. The golden hour, her mother had called it, in those scant moments before a true sunset began and the entire world became a gilded wonderland. Her sister would have called it a magical time and dragged her off to go hunting for sprites and nymphs, but she had always had her head among the stars, and Flint had rarely had the patience to endure her. Still, in moments like these she missed her family.

It had been a lonely life, living as a Rogue. Rewarding of course and the freedom had done wonders for the quality of her soul, but the nights were cold and this winter in particular had been hard. Her frame was now entirely made of lean, hard muscle, with not an ounce of fat to be found. Her stomach growled and she spared a dry look at the seemingly deserted warren. Okay, maybe I'm hungry after all. As if the gods had been listening a soft brown nose peeked it's way out into the world. Startled, Flint froze with a wide eyed look on her face. She blinked rapidly to make sure her eyes were not deceiving her. The foolish rabbit seemed adamant about existing and took another step out of it's burrow. Flint lunged, catching the rodent by the hind leg as it attempted to flee. Speed was pitched against reflexes and in the end Flint had her meal. She silenced the rabbit's squeals quickly, throwing careful glances over her shoulders to make sure they had not attracted anything bigger or hungrier than she had been. It wasn't long until nothing but cracked bones and tufts of fur remained, and Flint sat back on her haunches, satisfied and licking the blood from her jowls.

Speech,
Thoughts,

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2013, 04:12 PM

The morning sun peaked over the mountain tops, spreading its warm spring rays about Alacritis, stirring the land to awaken. The young Adravendi was already awake, out and about for the day, just wandering. Meili wasn't around that morning, or at least he hadn't run into her yet, so the young man was heading towards his favorite spot; the whistling willows as he'd figured out they were called. It was the place where he'd first met his new friend, where she had crashed into the giant willow and Gael had helped her out. He would always remember that day, the memory engraved permanently in his mind. The whistling willows were his favorite place now. They were a peaceful place, but now they had a special place in his heart thanks to Mei. He'd already gotten himself a bit of breakfast, the goal now to simply relax in his favorite spot and wait for Mei to show so they could spend some time together.

Ivory tipped paws moved smoothly across the familiar terrain, talons digging into the pliable soil, the only traces that he'd been through the area. Darkened nostrils quivered against the breeze, catching the unfamiliar scent of a female. She was a rogue, not belonging to any of the packs in the area. How interesting that she was hanging out in his favorite spot. Curious as to who this new woman was, the young man continued forward, cerulean gaze spotting the slightly smaller figure of the woman resting against the shoots of green beside the willow. Goodmorning. he called out, lyrics friendly as he stopped several yard from the woman, plume wagging gently behind tawny haunches, a gentle smile curling his lips.

Talk like this

Flint

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2013, 04:41 PM

The sudden intrusion caught Flint off guard. Her head snapped up and she rose smoothly to her feet, trying not to show how startled she was. Leave it to her to get so lost in a meal she allowed herself to be ambushed. Her quick eyes quickly took in the newcomer, as did her nose. He smelled of pack, for one thing, and he was larger than her for another. His height did not place him too far above her, but his build seemed much larger at a glance. The set of his body seemed friendly enough so Flint reined in her urge to run for the hills. Just as her wish for food had been granted, apparently her lust for company had too. In the back of her mind she wondered briefly if this was a holy place, if the gods had keener ears here.

She paused her pondering and opened her mouth instead. "Good morning to you too, Pack Wolf. Have I strayed onto your territory?" She hadn't smelled any borders, but her mind did have a tendency to wander. As casually as she could she tested the air, scenting for other wolves in the area. If it was a true ambush, she would not be surprised twice. Nothing stood out to her, but she had been wrong before. Instead she turned her eyes back to the stranger before her. "I'm Flint," she said, her voice clipped and short. "And you are?" Now that the surprise was ebbing away she felt a need to lash out, anger building at being caught off guard. Didn't he know it was rude to sneak up on the unsuspecting? The nerve of some wolves!

Speech, Thoughts

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2013, 05:05 PM

He hadn't realized that she'd been eating until he'd spotted the remnants of her breakfast lying by her paws. So she'd been rather busy when he'd come across her, the young man unaware that he'd caught her off guard until she suddenly turned towards him, a startled look claiming her features. He instantly felt bad that he'd come up unannounced, startling her from her breakfast as she swiftly rose to her paws, trying to brush off how startled she was. Audits flattened against his skull, cerulean gaze taking a moment to run over her figure. She was a few inches smaller than him, her muscles mass a lot less defined than his, her coat a much lighter mixture of browns compared to his dark greys. He hoped his friendly demeanor would be compensation enough for
his having unexpectedly startled her.

Good morning to you too, Pack Wolf. Have I strayed onto your territory? I'm Flint. And you are? He shook his skull, dismissing her notion that she had intruded on a pack territory. Goodmorning ma'am. No, you have not strayed onto my territory. My home resides not to far from here, but this certain area is rogue territory, open to anyone and everyone. It is nice to meet you miss Flint, my name is Gael. Please excuse my sudden intrusion, it hadn't been my intention to startle you. Crown dipped towards the slightly smaller woman, his apology sincere, a sheepish smile curling his kissers as he attempted to make Flint feel more comfortable around him, not wanting to taint her impression of him because of his accidental rudeness.

Talk like this

Flint

gems
size
build
player
07-06-2013, 12:09 AM

Flint's nose twitched of it's own accord. She wasn't sure what to make of this strange wolf, not sure at all. Most wolves she had encountered to this point in her life had been Rogues, and the only ones with comparable manners had been her own birth pack. Maybe it's a pack thing, she thought to herself. It would make sense after all, the life of a Rogue is much different; her sense of self-preservation had never been quite so high. Instead of noticing his kind greeting and set of body at first she had taken in his size and weighed her odds of outrunning or out-fighting him, (neither of which looked good.) What have I become? It was not a thought she chose to dwell on for long.

She took in his words and as they sank in some of the tension in her muscles unwound. This wasn't packlands, that was good at the very least. As she thought about it, this might not be a bad place to settle if it's borders were not controlled. She gave her head a slight twitch to focus back on the matter at hand. Well I'm glad to hear that, not going to lie. I've been chased out of more territories than I can count. It's nice to meet you Gael. What brings you here?" Despite her slightly reclusive nature she found herself wanting to know more about this strange wolf.

Speech,Thoughts

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-06-2013, 12:26 AM

She seemed unsure of what to make of him and he could understand that. He was a strange wolf from a pack that had come to interrupt her morning meal. She was completely justified in her wariness of him, but he honestly meant her no harm. Harming another wolf was something he never wanted to do, unless of course they were a threat to his family and friends. If someone was threatening the life of his beloved ones, then of course he would have no problem painfully ripping them limb from precious limb, but Flint wasn't such a wolf. She was a simple rogue, of no danger to anyone. If this meeting went well, perhaps she would become another member of his pack or perhaps even a friend. Meili was an amazing friend and if managed to get along with Flint, he could see her being a good friend too.

She relaxed at his words and he couldn't help the quiet sigh that passed through his lips. He was glad that she didn't feel threatened by him anymore; he was only looking to say hi, maybe answer a few questions if she had any. Well I'm glad to hear that, not going to lie. I've been chased out of more territories than I can count. It's nice to meet you Gael. What brings you here? A slight frown creased his eyebrows. Why had she been chased out of others territories? He certainly would've never chased from Valhalla if she would've come to his borders. I'm sorry that you've been chased out of pack borders before Flint, but that is not something you have to worry about here in Alacritis. Most of the packs here are pretty good about greeting rogues at their borders. Pleasure is all mine Flint. As far as what I'm doing here, this is just a regular spot I frequent. Whistling Willows they call it. It's quite the lovely little place for someone to spend the day. If I may, what has brought you here to Alacritis? Haunches folded beneath the curious yearling, curious cerulean gaze riveted to Flint.

Talk like this

Flint

gems
size
build
player
07-06-2013, 01:39 AM

Gael's words struck a pleasant chord within Flint. To hear that most packs around here were welcoming or at the very least reasonable endeared her all the more to this strange land with strange wolves. It seemed to be a fair mix of adventure and relative safety, two factors that had dictated her life so far, but this was the first place she had found them coexisting. She eyed Gael once more, a sense of dull approval kindling within her. He seemed like a fine young wolf, and perhaps it was just her full stomach, but she didn't feel the need to verbally berate him into a pulp. She smiled, a rare thing in of itself. "I'm glad to hear that," she said. "I haven't seen many realms to equal Alacritis, no denying it." As the young wolf talked on she listened with keen interest.

The Whistling Willows, eh? Lovely name for a lovely place I suppose, she thought to herself. Looking at her surroundings once more she breathed in deeply. The scents of spring surrounded the two wolves, weaving around them as if the slender branches of the Willows were long, ethereal fingers wrapping them in a spell. Flint asked then, "You say your land is not far from here, is it as beautiful as this? My birth pack lived in a young forest. My grandsire said it was once an ancient stand of trees, trunks as large as three wolves wide, until I fire wipe it all away. Are there any places like that here?" Nostalgia had her deep in it's grasp, and there was no wriggling out of it. She hoped this young wolf was appreciating her moment of emotional weakness, and pitied him when she snapped back to reality. He'll think me insane, or unstable at the very least. She shrugged to herself. Then again, he may not be wrong...

Speech, Thoughts

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-06-2013, 01:33 PM

He could see something close to quiet approval coming through her golden eyes and it made Gael just a little bit better about himself. She apparently was liking what she was hearing, which bode extremely well with the young Adravendi. He was even rewarded in his effort with a smile from the older woman, something that made the young man more confident in his speech with Flint. Yes ma'am, Alacritis has to be one of the most beautiful and diverse lands that have come into existence. Cerulean gems reflected the pride in his voice as he spoke about the land that he had come to call home. Despite having gone out to see the world, there was truly nothing quite like Alacritis.

You say your land is not far from here, is it as beautiful as this? My birth pack lived in a young forest. My grandsire said it was once an ancient stand of trees, trunks as large as three wolves wide, until I fire wipe it all away. Are there any places like that here? For a rogue, she was pretty curious, or at least willing to get to know the land that she had set paw on. I can't quite say that Valhalla, my home, could compare to Alacritis as a whole, but it is a very magnificent place in itself. As far as a territory existing as the one you described here, I would say that there very well could be. The territories here are extremely diverse and range from place to place. He explained Alacritis as best he could, but the thing was that it wasn't really the type of place to be described. It had to be seen rather than heard. At least in his opinion.

Talk like this

Flint

gems
size
build
player
07-06-2013, 01:57 PM

The youngling was not very specific in his descriptions, but Flint got the sense that he was trying. Her ears flicked to show she had heard him as she considered her words. She would not admit that she lusted for her home territory, even to herself, but the fact that he knew of no replica close at hand irked her to a certain degree. I suppose that gives me an excuse to root out an adventure, she thought to herself as a smarmy grin wormed its way onto her muzzle. Any excuse to explore and roam this land was good enough for her, even if it was simply to find a grove of trees that reminded her of home.

She stretched once more and tilted her head to pop her neck, a bad habit she had never been able to break. "That all sounds interesting, I'm a hopeless case when it comes to exploring. It's a weakness, you could say. Sitting still has never been a strong point of mine." Flint looked up into the sky, gauged the clouds and sun and figured she could get in a few more hours of travel today, especially with her impromptu nap. Turning her attention back to Gael she nodded in appreciation. "Thank you for the knowledge," she said, "but I should probably move on. You belong to a pack called Valahlla, you said? Perhaps I'll visit you next time I'm in the area, unless you would be opposed?" The way he had reacted to her being run out of territories made her hopeful it wouldn't be a big deal. In the back of her mind, even as she prepared to strike off for the horizon once more, she wondered if perhaps she had made a friend today.

Speech, Thoughts

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-06-2013, 06:40 PM

He watched in mild amusement as Flint stretched out before him, craning her neck, a resounding pop reaching his ears. That all sounds interesting, I'm a hopeless case when it comes to exploring. It's a weakness, you could say. Sitting still has never been a strong point of mine. Gael allowed a low rumble of a chuckle to trickle from his jaws, an amused light taking hold of his eyes. That's completely understandable. I've gone through my own time of exploring, but being back home makes me kind of want to settle down, though the occasional exploration doesn't hurt. It appeared the Flint shared his restless nature, that itch to go out and to know the world. Though his own itch had been satisfied for the time being, but he wouldn't doubt that it could flare up later on.

Thank you for the knowledge, but I should probably move on. You belong to a pack called Valahlla, you said? Perhaps I'll visit you next time I'm in the area, unless you would be opposed? An easy grin broke across his face, haunches unfolding from beneath him as he rose to his paws, audits pricking forward as he spoke. You're very welcome. Yes, Valhalla is my home. That would be awesome if you could drop by some time. I'll be sure to welcome you in, maybe show you around if you'd like. But until then, have a wonderful Flint. It was a pleasure to meet you. He dipped his crown in a final goodbye, limbs pulling him away from the whistling willows back towards his home, hoping that maybe some time in the near future he would meet up with the curious rogue again.

EXIT GAEL (unless stopped by Flint)

Talk like this

Flint

gems
size
build
player
07-09-2013, 05:08 PM

Flint smiled at the young wolf's words. She felt that much less of an outsider, having found a companion of sorts in this 'Valahlla' pack. She had met several wolves in this new land but Gael seemed somehow different. He had an open, good personality, or at least it seemed that way. She would enjoy sitting down and talking with him again. "Thank you Gael, I appreciate the invite. It was a pleasure to meet you as well." Flint watched as the young male melted back into the brush, and she remained watching until the sounds of his retreat faded. With a contented smile on her face, Flint stood and struck off in the other direction. She had gotten a meal, a nap, and had met a new friend. All in all, she was quite proud of herself and was looking forward to seeing the young male again.

EXIT FLINT

Speech, Thoughts