gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
07-04-2013, 02:32 AM

Bright, violet eyes searched the world around the fea as she walked among the crumbling ruins. Things in her life were shifting like the rocks that were piled around her. She had been roaming these lands for a while now, looking for something to do, something to fill her time. She had grown bored with her life, she needed something new to occupy her time, a new mark, a new place to visit, a new wolf to meet, anything. She had chosen this place as the first thing to add excitement to her life with and so far it hadn't been a disappointment. She looked around her, taking it all in.

The white fea padded gracefully up a pile of these rocks, giving her a better view of the area around her. She wondered what the animals that must have lived here years and years ago were like. They must have been interesting creatures to build these things. Her gaze pulled in all the information she could find from the world around her as she sat there atop these crumbling ruins, waiting to see what would happen in the world while she watched.

"Speech."

Demonio

gems
size
build
player
07-04-2013, 02:48 AM

The memories. The nostalgia. He could remember that day almost like it was yesterday. He had been so consumed with the thoughts of his sister, of how it had been his fault that she had died, that his entire family had been eradicated all because of his selfish stupidity. He hadn't been watching where he was walking, simply walking up the stones that had befallen his path, completely oblivious to the fact that there was another wolf in the area until it was too late. The white damsel had turned around, armor at the ready, bristling with the intent for a fight. It had snapped the ivory man from his self-hating musings as he'd apologized to the woman with the ruby and obsidian eyes. Somehow, the two had struck up a conversation and Demonio had realized that he had much more in common with the woman that he had initially thought, apart from their identical coats, mass size and color of their eyes. It had been so easy to talk with Desdemona, to give her a glimpse into his past and she into hers. They had bonded nearly instantenously and the man had decided in that moment in time that he couldn't live another moment without the porcelain woman. Of course he had been hesitant at first about the sudden feelings that had grown within him, unsure if they would be reciprocated and if it was too soon. He had kept them inside, locked up for as long as he could, but he didn't last very long. He couldn't hold himself back from confessing the strange feelings that he had developed for her. And to his utter surprise, she had indeed been feeling the exact same way. And so he had claimed her, asked her to be his mate and the two had made their way to the pack of Tortuga, to stake their claim and become members. Things had gone well for the pair, they had begun their new life together rather splendidly. There was an accident in which she had gotten hurt because of his scarce attention, but he rectified the problem as quickly as possible, salvaging it. And then came the change in tides. Desdemona had gone to challenge Kaien for the throne and had won. She had become the new queen of Tortuga and not long after her rise to power, the couple had consummated their marriage. His wife was expecting pups but he hadn't seen hide or tail of her in several weeks. Worry had begun to set in with the white man and he had gone out looking for her, but there was no trace of her. It was like she had vanished. And so in his desperate search for her, he had come back to the first place they had met, hoping that she might have come here to perhaps give birth.

Powerful limbs carried the man over the familiar terrain, talons scraping against the old rocks as he climbed the steps of the ruined structure, the memories of his first meeting with Desdemona playing over in his mind. Where had his wife gone? Why hadn't she told him where'd she gone? She was carrying his children, this was no time for her to be out and about, endangering herself and their family! Mismatched gaze scanned the rocks, searching for her familiar figure. There, a white silhouette against the rocks. Could it be his wife? The large knight moved closer, scrambling across the rocks only to met with disappointment. It was a white dove, but not his wife. Her eyes were a violet hue, not mismatched ruby and onyx like Desdemona's. A disheartened sigh slipped past pale kissers, audits flattening against his skull as he turned away from the woman, gaze tracing the path he had taken up here. If she wasn't here, then where on earth could she be? She was due any day and the man's worry was weighing heavily on him. Had something happened to her? To their unborn pups? She was due any day now; should've been back already. Lids fell closed over mismatched gems, plume flickering as he mentally prepared himself to return to his home, another day with empty paws.

Talk like this

Alena

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
07-04-2013, 03:09 AM

From her perch, the white fea could see for a wide stretch around her. This being the case, her violet gaze had caught sight of the brute long before he had noticed her. His gaze eventually found her and for some unknown reason he began a mad scramble to reach her, only to turn away, apparently not seeing what he thought he had. Her curiosity spiked as she wondered what it was he had been looking for. She figured it must have been a wolf that she had clearly been mistaken for. She wasn't usually the type to help wolves in need unless it was to put them out of their misery, but she was bored and this was the first of any kind of excitement she had seen today.

Alena stood and easily worked her way down from her post, trotting over to him and calling after him in her naturally sweet tone, "Hey! Wait up!" She had become such a master of this kind, gentle facade that she didn't have to think before she put it into action. The fea simply went into it on auto pilot. As she approached the white brute, her eyes that were the color of amethyst shined with what seemed like sincere concern. "Are you okay? I noticed that you were looking for something. Maybe I can help?"

"Speech."

Demonio

gems
size
build
player
07-04-2013, 03:21 AM

She wasn't here dammit, she wasn't here! Where the hell was he supposed to look for now. He had practically scoured the entirety that was Alacritis and he hadn't found a single trace of her. How was it possible that the queen of Tortuga, a pregnant woman for pete's sake, go missing? Someone must have spotted her somewhere, at some point in time, but if anyone knew where she was, no one was coming forth. He wanted to approached every single wolf in Alacritis and ask them if they knew where Des was, but that would just be too time consuming. He would waste his time asking a whole bunch of wolves who probably didn't know where she was and most like didn't care either. But what else could he do? He was literally running out of options. He couldn't leave Alacritis. What if she suddenly came back when he left? What if she gave birth here while he was supposedly out looking for her? He couldn't risk missing the birth of his children and as much as it pained him, the white man forced himself to stay within the confines of Alacritis, to roam its borders day and night, looking for any sign of his missing wife.

The woman atop the rocks looked like Desdemona, but it was obvious by the color of her eyes, the lack of bulk in her frame and the obviously flat abdomen that she wasn't his wife. So close and yet so damn far. He had to keep looking, he had to keep trying. She was bound to appear sooner or later. He just hoped that she was still alive and well when he found her, their pups as well. The ivory brute had been about to begin when the amethyst eyed woman called out to him, asking him to stop as she came down to his side, asking him if something was wrong, if she could help with anything. Mismatched gems looked uncertainly at the smaller alabaster female, unsure if her intentions were true, if the sincerity in her voice was genuine, but responding to her regardless. Unless you can somehow miraculously locate my pregnant wife, then I'm sorry, but you can be of no help to me. Never one to forget his manners, Demonio kindly turned down the woman's help. He had never seen her around these parts, and her scent told him she was a rogue. If she'd just arrived, there would be no possible way she would even know who his wife was. He would be wasting his time if he asked her to help him when it was clear that she couldn't provide the kind of help that he so desperately needed.

Talk like this

Alena

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
07-04-2013, 11:42 AM

Alena never felt sympathy for others. She had tried, from time to time, to have emotions like that, but she had yet to understand why the problems of other wolves should affect her. This case was no exception, though she did understand why he was distressed. A pregnant wolf should certainly not be wandering off on her own like that. Even the heartless fea that she was understood the worry he must be feeling.

Her violet eyes met his two-toned gaze and replied, "Well, maybe I can keep you company at least? Two sets of eyes has to be better than one, right?" She was at least curious about what had happened to his missing wife and honestly had nothing better to do. Perhaps in the end this could end well for her. Maybe if he found out someone had done something to his wife she could help take care of said villain. A slight smirk briefly touched her muzzle at the thought. Yes, that could be fun.

"Speech."

Demonio

gems
size
build
player
07-04-2013, 03:51 PM

He hadn't asked anyone for help because he didn't want to pass on his worry to someone else. He was perfectly capable of going out on his own to look for his wife. He didn't know anyone that had become close enough to be considered a friend to his wife, so there had been no reason for him to ask of anyone to aid him in his search for his missing pregnant wife. Even the old alpha Nnoitra had been missing, nearly just as long as Desdemona, so clearly there was something going on. Had the two run off together to do something that he wasn't aware of? A spark of anger flared up in his chest at the thought the old man was near his wife. He didn't know what kind of history the old man had with him, but his wife had apparently trusted him enough to bring him back as a secondary alpha to their pack. But he wasn't so sure anymore. Heaven help the old geezer if he had done something to his wife.

The amethyst eyed woman's words broke the large man from his musings, maroon and icy gaze refocusing on her smaller figure as she suggested that she could him company, two sets of eyes better than one. Mismatched gaze narrowed, hackles bristling with unease. But why would you want to do something like that? You don't know me, you don't know my wife. You have absolutely no reason to help a complete stranger, so why would you? It was rare that strangers help out other strangers, Demonio being the exception to that. He was always willing to lend a helping paw to whoever he came across that needed the help, but he had never had that help reciprocated, so it made him wary of the snowy woman before him. Usually strangers never had good intentions. Was she honest in her want to help him, or was there some kind of hidden agenda in her offering?

Talk like this

Alena

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
07-04-2013, 04:21 PM

This kind act was growing tiring. Alena watched as the brute grew even more suspicious of her, his hackles bristling and all. Alena didn't know why she was bothering. This was almost too much work for her 'good deed' of the day. She wasn't the really the type to try for anything. If there wasn't an instant return for her in it she was known to just leave whatever it was. Or kill it. Whatever worked. Seeing as how he was married and had pups on the way, she wanted to give him some scrap of mercy, but she wasn't going to waste her time with this act. There was no need. She held no ill will toward the brute, but she had no reason to pretend any longer.

It was almost a physical change from her two personalities. There was no insanity in her switch, it was a perfectly calculated change in her behavior that she had honed from a very young age. The kind shine in her eyes switched to cool intelligence and she held herself with more confidence, her ears alert and head held high. Her shoulders were relaxed, sure of her abilities to defend herself from whatever came at her. "You're right," she replied, her voice still holding that naturally gentle timbre, yet still seeming more cool than before. "I have no reason to help you, nor do I particularly want to. But your story is interesting, none of the less, and perhaps eventually I have some skills that might interest you. But for now, your wife is still missing and I have offered my assistance if you would still like for me to join you."

"Speech."

Demonio

gems
size
build
player
07-04-2013, 05:27 PM

As much as he didn't want to admit it, he needed the help. His solo outing and search party had resulted in nothing. With someone helping him, he could scour the terrain much more easily, covering more ground. A second pair of eyes wasn't so much of a bad idea, but Demonio wasn't sure if he would allow this woman to help him. She was a stranger and from the way she was acting, her body language shifting from what he'd deemed rather friendly to something much more confident, he wasn't sure if he could trust her. But how could he pass up her offer of help? He would probably never find anyone else who would be willing to help him. He couldn't let this opportunity go, as unsure as he was.

Her voice was a still a gentle timbre, almost reassuring, but there was a new undertone to it as she spoke. You're right. I have no reason to help you, nor do I particularly want to. But your story is interesting, none of the less, and perhaps eventually I have some skills that might interest you. But for now, your wife is still missing and I have offered my assistance if you would still like for me to join you. Demonio gave in, his shoulders sagging in defeat. I appreciate your willingness to help, so I will accept your offer. Excuse me if I sounded rather hostile or unwelcoming, it's just that I've tried everything and anything, looked everywhere and I haven't had a single sign of her anywhere. I'm afraid that even with your help, nothing will result of my search. Audits flattened against the ivory man's skull, lids falling closed over his mismatched gems, a quiet sigh slipping past his pale lips. Why had this happened to him? Just when things had begun to right for him everything had to collapse in on itself.

Talk like this

Alena

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
07-04-2013, 05:48 PM

Alena saw the wolf before her giving into her offer with the weight of defeat sagging his shoulders before he even spoke. She didn't quite understand why he was so hesitant to take her help, but she didn't question him either. Alena simply nodded and silently turned to led the way through the ruins. I can understand your distress, she told him, her eyes roaming the rocks for any sign of other wolves. "This is a very delicate time for her to be on her own like this." Her paws moved slowly over the rock, making only the faintest click of her nails against the ground as she moved. She took her time so she could thoroughly search the area. "My name is Alena, by the way. At your service," she told him with a slight smirk and a polite nod before turning her violet gaze back to their surroundings.

"What does your wife look like?" she asked after they had walked together for a while. "I assume she has a white coat like my own since you mistook me for her briefly, but what other distinguishing features does she have? What would I look for if I were to find her?" She took on this task like she did any job that was given to her. She was methodical and precise, paying attention to every detail and analyzing all the information about her target that she could gather.

"Speech."

Demonio

gems
size
build
player
07-04-2013, 06:20 PM

Lids snapped open at the sound of movement, falling on the figure of the smaller woman as she began to descend the steps of stones, the larger ivory man following suit, talons scrapping against the stone as he picked his way back down towards more level ground. The woman was very understand as she spoke, explaining that she knew Desdemona shouldn't be out in the condition that she was in, introducing herself as Alena. Thank you for being so understanding Alena, it's a pleasure to meet you, although I would've preferred under different circumstances. My name is Demonio. He returned her curt nod, allowing his mismatched gaze to move away from her to their surroundings as he switched himself into searching mode.

What does your wife look like? I assume she has a white coat like my own since you mistook me for her briefly, but what other distinguishing features does she have? What would I look for if I were to find her? They had been walking for a while, moving through the familiar territory, to him at least, still no sign of his wife when Alena spoke up, asking him if there were any distinguishing features that she would be able to spot his wife more easily with. Right at this moment he wished his wife had at least some strange markings or even a different colored coat to his to make her more obvious to spot. She looks exactly like you, except she's a bit bigger, roughly as big as me, but her eyes are ruby and obsidian. There aren't any distinguishing features to tell her apart by, unless you count her swollen belly heavy with our children. He moved almost mechanically, worn paws treading easily over the terrain he'd searched before.

Talk like this

Alena

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
07-04-2013, 06:57 PM

Alena mentally took notes as her current companion gave his description of the fea they were searching for. "Well, at least her eyes and the fact that she is so far along in her pregnancy are pretty destinctive traits to look for. And if we don't find her today, I shall keep those things in mind and look for her also. I'm traveling across Alacritis right now so maybe between the two of us we can cover more ground, eh?" She wasn't so much concerned with the welfare of this wolf, but she did feel some sympathy for the brute and took this task on like it was one of her marks. That being the case, she was determined to see it through to its completion, no matter how hopeless their searching of the ruins may be.

She took a moment to assess the wolf beside her, taking in his scent and analyzing it. She could tell he had been in a pack, she she couldn't tell which of the packs it was. She had not been around any of the pack lands enough to tell them apart. She was a rogue by nature, though she had been considering changing that fact, just as a side task, something to fill her days and entertain her. But that was besides the point now. She focused her attention back on the task at hand, but her curious brain wouldn't stop wondering about Demonio and his story. "What do you do, Demonio? What pack are you and your wife a part of, what is job in it, that sort of thing?"

"Speech."

Demonio

gems
size
build
player
07-04-2013, 08:29 PM

A nod was given to Alena, thankful that the smaller woman would continue to help him in his search, even after they parted ways. I really appreciate the fact that you're going out of your way to help me Alena. It really means a lot to me, even if I am just a stranger. Sincerity rung true in his words as the pair continued their trek together. He hoped that somewhere down the road, after he found Desdemona, that he would be able to repay the amethyst woman back for her aid. He wasn't sure how he would do it or really when, but one way or another he would show her that he didn't take her help for granted.

They continued to search the ruins and the area around the ruins, checking every nook and cranny. Demonio was beginning to get anxious all over again. He didn't know how many times he had checked this spot already and even now with his new companion, he couldn't find a single trace of his wife. He prayed to whatever gods existed out in the universe that if they wouldn't allow him to find his wife, that they would at least keep her and their children safe. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to his family because he hadn't gotten to them in time. Audits rotated forward, the smaller woman's voice breaking him from his thoughts as she pried into what was his life. We lived in a pack here in Alacritis called Tortuga. My wife Desdemona was the queen, after she had taken control from the old king. I'm not sure where our pack stands now, with her and the secondary alpha both missing. I've noticed that many of our members have disappeared and I fear that the pack will be disbanded. As far as what my job in my pack was, I didn't really have one. Before my wife took over, I was a warrior, but after she came to power she stripped everyone of their ranks, calling for tournament that would allow everyone to fight for their rank. But now...I fear everything is falling apart... The ivory brute trailed off, mismatched gems flickering across the landscape before them, an unsettling feeling stirring in the pit of his stomach.

Talk like this

Alena

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
07-04-2013, 09:00 PM

Alena was no stranger to stories of rough lives and hardships. For loners those kinds of stories were fairly common. She had to admit though that his story was particularly rough. To lose all of that all at once, she couldn't imagine what he was going through. She had never really had ties to family or friends, so she didn't know how to relate to his situation at all. She simply nodded in understanding and focused her attention back on the task at hand.

Her senses were always tuned into her environment and sharp as a tack. At one point in her life she had entertained herself by learning how to sense things around her and track scents and sounds. It had been a hobby that ended up helping her in her job down the line and saving her life on more than one occasion. This being the case, her ears caught the subtle sound of rocks shifting nearby. She slowed her steps, her senses going on high alert. When she heard movement around them a second time she knew it was more than just the natural shifting of the ruins. She slowed to a stop, scanning the area around her with her violet gaze. "Did you hear that?" she asked softly, her muscles tensed in preparation for whatever was coming.

"Speech."

Demonio

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2013, 02:06 PM

He usually wasn't one to be telling strangers about his life, but Alena had been kind of enough to offer up her services to him, and she was simply asking a curious question. There was no harm in it and Demonio found himself easily being able to clue her to what has happening within his family. As strange as it was to divulge something like that to a practical stranger, he felt rather relieved that someone finally knew what was going on with him, even if that someone didn't particularly care but was making the effort to look like she did. Regardless of her caring or not, the ivory brute was just glad that she had been so willing to help him in his search. Perhaps her help would turn up something.

Even though his search had taken him all over Alacritis, surprisingly he hadn't run into any rogues or any kind of threatening predator like he had when Desdemona had wandered off on her own that one occasion. Flashbacks of that day replayed in his mind as he walked with Alena, and a dreadful feeling punched him in the gut. What if she had gotten ambushed like that again? But this time by a band of rogue wolves? His companion's question broke him from his thoughts, large ivory mass coming to a halt, audits twitching to attention. There was a rustling, as if there was another wolf in the area, and Demonio knew he wasn't just hearing things. I did. It looks like we might have company. Just moment after he'd spoke a small pack of rogues, consisting of five, all ranging in shades from black to brown, emerged from practically nowhere, coming to circle the pair, muzzle crinkled as snarls erupted from multiple jaws.

Talk like this

Alena

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
07-05-2013, 07:58 PM

Once Demonio confirmed that he heard the noises as well so she knew she wasn't just imagining things, the sense of dread over her grew. Alena was used to being the hunter, not the hunted. It was unusual for her to be surprised by an attack like this. And yet, here she was, in the middle of a ring of snarling wolves with Demonio. She didn't understand what they could want with them. When she was on a hunt for a wolf, there was a reason, a job of sorts. This was senseless violence as far as she could tell. She crouched lower, readying herself for whatever their attackers would throw at them. Her ears folded back against her head as she snarled back at their attackers, backing herself closer to Demonio. Even though he was a complete stranger to her, he was her only ally in this fight. The assassin knew that she could have taken one of them no problem, but there was no way she could take five of them.

Suddenly one of the rogues to her left too their chance and lunged at her snapping their jaws at her throat. She leaped to right and batted the attackers muzzle with her forepaw, scratching her claws across the wolf's muzzle. It wasn't a lethal move by any stretch of the imagination, but perhaps it would slow him down at least. While she was momentarily distracted by the first wolf a black wolf to her right took his turn at her, jumping forward and locking this teeth onto her back right leg. She yelped and snarled at him, turning to bite at his neck, getting him to release her leg, but still leaving her bleeding and limping.

"Speech."

Demonio

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2013, 08:28 PM

Things were just going from bad to worse. First Desdemona was lost and now he was being surrounded by a pack of mongrels looking to take a bite out of him and his companion. Fate really hated him right now. Audits flattened against his skull, pale lips curling back in a snarl, muscles tensing as he slowly back up towards Alena, placing himself haunch to haunch with her, mismatched gems flickering across the group of wolves that were slowly beginning to close in on them. The worry that had been consuming him moments ago was quickly turning into rage, boiling white hot in his veins. Did these idiots not realize that he was trying to find his missing wife! He had no time to waste on pointless squabbles and yet it looked like he wouldn't be able to worm his way out his particular fight. He would have to fight his way through it and these idiots would regret ever having been born after dueling with Demonio.

And then the fight was one. One of the closest wolves, his right and Alena's left, came lunging at her, aiming to take a bite out of her throat, but the woman was ready, slashing at his face with her talons. It wasn't a move that was particularly useful in battle, but it was a good way to buy oneself time. But before she could recover a second brute lunged towards her, grasping at her right hind leg. A furious snarl ripped from his jaws, frame arching towards his left in a 180 semi circle, jaws coming around to lock at the nape of Alena's attack, talons digging into the brute's shoulders as his paws hit the ground, using his formidable size to drag the darker lupe towards the ground and off of Alena. But it seemed that the man's comrades didn't approve of him being attack, as the remaining three lunged towards the ivory man, looking to take him down with their sheer numbers. No one knew where the white man's name came from, but he was about to live up to it.

With a single, swinging motion Demonio tore the brute's nape, coming away with a chunk of flesh as he turned to face the last three attackers. Jaws splayed wide, feral snarls roaring from deep inside his chest he charged towards the first attacker, ramming his shoulder into the second man, sending him flying, but not before the attacker scored the alabaster brute across his own nape with sharpened daggers. The pain was ignored, focusing his attention on the next man as he dove down, limbs folding beneath him as he grabbed a hold of the other man's leg, powerful jaws coming together in a crushing bite, bone snapping between his teeth, an anguished howl erupting from the attackers jaws as he crumpled to the ground. Demonio wasted no time, pulling himself back up to his paws and out from beneath the falling man, jaws reaching up to crush the idiot's windpipe with a single vicious snap, tearing the useless organ free from the body to chuck in the face of the remaining attackers. They had picked the perfect day to die.

Talk like this

Alena

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
07-05-2013, 10:00 PM

The white fea watched as her companion came to her aid, attacking the brute that had injured her leg with the full force of his body, quickly injuring the darker brute greatly. She had no time to thank him however as the wolf that first snapped at her neck came at her again. He dove at her, barreling into her shoulder and knocking her off her feet. A deep growl echoed in her chest, snapping at his neck as he pinned her down on her back. The brute's jaws landed a blow to her shoulder, his teeth sinking into her flesh and sending blood across her white coat. She clenched her teeth against the pain and jabbed her paw into his throat, cutting off the flow of air and making him release her shoulder. She lunged forward, ignoring the fiery pain in her shoulder, and managing to finally land a solid bite to his throat, wasting no time to jerk back, taking a bite of his windpipe with her. She pushed the now dying brute off of her and rolled back onto her feet, stumbling a bit when she realized that her left shoulder and right back leg were now both badly wounded.

She quickly assessed the scene before her, watching as Demonio took out one of their attackers, leaving three of the five wolves left alive, one of them badly wounded. She was panting hard from the pain radiating from her shoulder and back leg, but she pushed through it to stand by the white brute, crouching into a defensive stance again. Apparently the wounded rouge had a death wish, because he took a chance trying to attack Alena. By now she was furious and channeled that rage into dodging the wolf and knocking him to the ground with her forepaws, quickly dispatching him with a hard bite to the neck. Then there was two. The white fea was badly bloodied and limping as she turned to face the last attackers, refusing to leave Demonio's side despite her injuries.

"Speech."

Demonio

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2013, 10:19 PM

He managed to pull the offending bastard up off Alena, injuring him severely in the process, but the remaining wolves had taken the ivory man's attention. He needed to take these idiots out before they could hurt Alena further. He needed to protect her. And he would, even if it cost him his life, he would protect her until the very end. His attention had been completely engrossed in his own battle with the attackers, having been able to dispatch one while disorienting the last two. Unsure if his companion had been able to dispatch her own two attackers Demonio whirled back towards her, lips curled back in a snarl as he realized that her two attackers now lied dead around her. He allowed his mismatched gaze to rake across her smaller figure, noticing the severe wounds to her shoulder, adding the pain from the injury to her right hind leg. She was hurt bad. He didn't know how much longer she would be able to last in the fight if the bastards managed to grab another good hold on her. Mismatched gems flickered to her amethyst ones for a moment before he took off, charging towards the two incoming attackers, ramming his broad shoulder into the closest one, nape extending to snap towards the second wolf, looking to keep the attention of the two on him and hopefully away from Alena.

Talk like this

Alena

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
07-05-2013, 10:59 PM

Alena's gaze briefly met her companion's before he turned to take on the last two wolves. She was grateful for his strength and willingness to protect her, despite her being a complete stranger to him. She knew that if she had been alone when these wolves had shown up she would have been dead by now. She took a brief moment to pull her composure together, gritting her teeth before she dove into the fight again as well.

She saw a chance to strike when Demonio rammed his shoulder into the first of the two wolves. She caught him while he was off still thrown off balance by the hit and managed to bite down on the nape of the wolf's neck, tearing the skin badly. Not enough to finish off the attacker, but enough to slow him down at least. She stumbled backward as the wolf lashed out at her with his outstretched jaws, narrowly missing another bite to her already injured shoulder. She backed away from the fight for a moment, panting heavily and wincing from the pain that seemed to echo all the way down to her bones. Giving one last go at the wolf she had already wounded, she waited for an opportune moment to slip up behind him and land a crunching bite to his hind leg, feeling a satisfying break under her teeth before she quickly backed away again. She stood a few feet away, favoring her injured shoulder and waiting to see if she could jump in once again or if Demonio could finish the job.

"Speech."

Demonio

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2013, 11:31 PM

Despite thinking that she should've stayed away from the fight, given the fact that she was clearly more injured than he, he was glad that she was willing to help again, taking on the second wolf, giving him the chance to focus on his opponent. His right shoulder rammed into his opponent's right one as well, the solid hit echoing through the ivory man's massive frame, but he didn't have time to think about it. Sharpened daggers tore into the bottom of his neck on the left side, just above where his shoulder met his chest. They dug into his flesh, piercing his thick hide, drawing blood. A snarl ripped past his gaping jaws, the jaws that were now coming down on the idiot's vulnerable throat, fangs piercing the delicate skin, closing around his jugular vein, closing with one powerful close of his maw, severing the artery completely. Demonio pulled back taking that section of the brute's neck with him, spraying blood all over the place, staining his once pristine porcelain locks. Forepaws pushed the dying body away from him, jowls spitting back the useless piece of meat back to the carcass, blood-lusting gaze flickering to the opponent that Alena had managed to injure but not successfully kill. She was weakening. This needed to end now.

He waited until she backed off away from the other man before barreling himself into the rogue's side, knocking the bastard off his feet, his darker body sliding against the ground as Demonio drove him into the dirt, jaws snapping towards the other's throat. His opponent scratched at him, talons raking across the ivory man's chest and legs, but having no affect on him. Right forepaw came down, slamming with a good amount of force down on the man's muzzle, pinning him to the ground, jaws lunging for his throat. The rogue squirmed beneath his larger form, but it was to no avail. The warrior ripped the last trachea out with a satisfying, wet rip, spitting the useless organ out beside the carcass, turning away from it to glance back at Alena, crimson dotting his once ivory frame. It was over.

Talk like this