Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-27-2013, 05:43 PM

Winter was slowly loosening its grasp on the lands of Alacritia. The bitter wind that was a usual during the winter nights had lost much of its bite, not more of a chill rather than a frosty nip. Plant life was beginning to surface, slowly but surely. Spring was on the verge of coming. It was heavy in the air, just waiting until mother nature dropped her wintery grip so it could come back in full force, breathing life back into the lands. The wintery breezes tumbled through the area, ruffling the two-toned fur of the Seracian Esquire. Not much was going on Seracia, a relative calm having settled over his new home and so the knight had felt comfortable enough to be able to wander away for a bit, just get to know the area around his new home better. He was a warrior now; he had to be familiar with territory surrounding Seracia. At any moment a war could break out and he needed to know what areas would be best to evacuate to. It was worst case scenario and could possibly never happen, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

After having scouted the area practically the entire day, the knight had found his way towards the last unexplored territory. By that time the sun had set behind the mountains, taking with it the brilliant sunrays only to be replaced by the luminescent light of the pale moon hovering in the darkened skies. His golden eyes had no problem piercing the darkness with the limited amount of light. He could see the giant willow looming before him, its branches hanging down like scraggly limbs, their tips nearly brushing the earth. Pontifex padded through the hanging limbs, nosing them out of his way gently, gaze traveling across the broad visage of the timber. It was massive and absolutely beautiful. He had never seen anything like it before in his life. He approached the trunk, in awe at its sheer size. Surely this had been around for a really long time. Right foreleg was lifted as he placed his paw on the closest part of the trunk, gazing up at its limbs. This was a calm place, very quiet and peaceful. A place he hoped would never have to experience the horrors of war or plagues.

Talk like this

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
06-27-2013, 08:22 PM

It was a rarity when she ventured out of Valhalla. Ever since the pack had settled she had barely strayed from the border of her home. Today though she set out to gather some herbs. She had spent most of the day doing so, venturing from land to land, returning to her hidden spot to place the herbs until she was ready to return home. One of the last lands she visited it was cloaked entirely in large weeping trees. It was something she had never seen before. Two toned eyes drifted upward, looking at the trees as she walked. Roots littered the ground, forcing to look at where she placed her paws rather than continue to gaze upward. She had just hidden her last patch of herbs and was looking to gather just a little more. Nostrils flared, trying to clear her nose, but she couldn't smell anything besides the various herbs that she had been carrying. Dropping her nose the ground, she sniffed around, nosing through some roots and the few plants that lingered around the base of the trees. Spring was returning and with it bringing new plant life. Paws touched the earth quietly, the only noise coming from her the snuffling of her nose. Focusing on the task at hand she didn't realize the wolf that she was approaching from behind. She weaved a path, ears twitched occasionally, eyes searching the ground. Continuing her path she nearly jumped out of her skin when she came crashing into another wolf. Head shot up in alarm, eyes widening. "I-I-I-I'm so sorry!" She took a few quick steps back, stumbling over some roots and tripping, bringing her tumbling down onto her rump. An embarrassed frown tugged at her features, ears pinning against her skull. Eyes searched the face of multihued brute for any signs of aggression. The last thing she wanted was to be attacked.

"speech" thought

Pontifex I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-27-2013, 09:17 PM

The brute allowed himself to relax for a moment, lids falling closed over his golden eyes. He tuned everything out, simply trying to focus on the feel of the bark beneath his paw. This was a rare moment for him, to be able to be alone and relaxed, not beating himself up for the death of his brother. He had to let that go. He had to accept the fact that it had happened and that there was nothing he could about it now. His brother wouldn't have wanted him to blame himself for his death. Octavian would've told him that it wasn't his fault and that he just had to let go. He couldn't hold on to his brother's death forever. It would do him no good.

He wasn't aware of the woman who had been coming towards him, everything that wasn't the bark beneath his paw pad completely ignored. So of course he was shocked when he suddenly felt someone bump into him and a second later a feminine voice apologizing. Lids snapped open, crown turning to face the intruder, golden gems locking on the figure of an ivory woman as she fell back against her rump, frowning at having run into him. The brute quickly got all four paws beneath him, audits pinning themselves against his head as he looked the woman over. Oh no please, that was entire my fault. I wasn't aware that I had been in your way. I apologize. His voice was a quiet murmur, crown dipped in apology. Jeez, how embarrassing was that?

Talk like this

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
06-28-2013, 10:29 AM

If it were possible she would have blushed with embarrassment. Ears tentatively pushed forward as the brute spoke, apologizing, claiming it to be his fault. "Oh no, I should have been paying more attention." She offered a small smile, standing up to flick the debris off her tail. Thoughts were flustered, scrambling to get themselves back in order. How foolish of her to not be paying attention, he could have attacked her and being so far from home would have left her vulnerable. She was by no means a fighter, knowing only enough to defend herself. "I'm Rayne." She offered up her name in hopes of soothing the embarrassment they both felt. Of all the ways to meet someone. Nose twitched, picking up his scent, it was vaguely familiar. Seracia? Yes. The pack had just been to Valhalla for the wedding. Perhaps he had attended. There were so many new faces at the gathering that it was hard to pinpoint just one, and she had been hanging back, avoid Erani's icy looks. The two hadn't been as warm since Rayne had spoken to her at the border, she had been hesitant to ask to resume her training. Instead she gathered herbs, at least the ones that she knew, building up her own little stock. Eyes remained fixated on the golden pools of the brute, still uncertain of whether he was upset or not.

"speech" thought

Pontifex I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-28-2013, 02:02 PM

She was a pretty young thing, bathed in pure ivory fur, her eyes a combination of what appeared to be silver and baby blue. Her scent was familiar, but not because he'd run into her before. She smelled of that pack he went to for the wedding, what was the name...Valhalla. That was it. The esquire had accompanied his king and fellow pack mates on the trek to Valhalla for the marriage of the prince Maverick and the princess Epiphron. Had she been at the ceremony too? He didn't doubt it. Most of Valhalla had attended the ceremony, so she had probably been there somewhere among the crowed, gone unnoticed by the Seracian man. But he sure did notice her now. She gave him a small smile as she took the blame upon herself, claiming that she should have been paying more attention before offering up her name as Rayne. Very pretty name for a very pretty woman. Please, I insist it was my own fault. I shouldn't have been standing around the tree like an idiot. It's a pleasure to meet you Rayne, my name is Pontifex.

He offered her a gentle bow of the head to accompany his greeting, haunches folding beneath him as he sat, audits flickering forward with attention, the embarrassment of their initial encounter beginning to wear off.

Talk like this

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
06-28-2013, 02:20 PM

With her embarrassment wearing off, she started to take notice of the small details about him. He had the typical bulky male build, but no excessively so. His muzzle was bathed in ivory, a strip of black forming up his snout starting at his nose. The rest of his was made up of gray, black blending in along his back and blanketing his ears. Golden orbs complimented his mixed pelt well. Crown slightly to the left as he spoke, insisting it was his fault. A more earnest smile tugged at her mouth. "It's a pleasure, even under the circumstances." A soft bubble of laughter slipped from her jaws, their encounter had been rather amusing thinking about it now. "What brings you out here, if you don't mind my being nosy." They had already entered each others person space, so why not try to get him know him a bit? He didn't seem to bad so far. And he was definitely handsome. Dropping her haunches to the earth, she seated herself comfortably, tail curling around her paws as it always did when she said. Audits flicked forward, waiting to catch his next words.

"speech" thought

Pontifex I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-28-2013, 02:30 PM

He could see her pretty bi-colored gaze roaming his figure, seeming to take him in. He made himself ignorant, pretending that he didn't notice how she looked at him, not wanting her to feel embarrassed about openly appraising him. He after all had done the same not even a few moments ago. Her head tilted slight to his right as a smile curled her pale lips, a soft laugh accompanying her words. It's a pleasure, even under the circumstances. His own smile upturned his ebon kissers in return, finding himself completely comfortable in Rayne's presence. Indeed it is. He rumbled gently before continuing on to answer her question. Nothing really. Just trying to get to know the area around my new home. May I ask what brings you out here? It only made sense to throw the question back at her, since it seemed they were going to try and get to know each other a little better. Something he actually didn't mind. It was refreshing to have someone be interested in him.

OOC: eek short Dx

Talk like this

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
06-28-2013, 04:28 PM

If he saw her appraising him then he didn't let it show. A smile finally settled on his features as he found his own amusement in the situation. He bounced the question back at her, there much surprise there, fair was fair. "I'm out gathering herbs, I'm one of Valhallas healers." Pride rang out in her voice. She loved being a healer, knowing how to heal someone, though she had used her skills much. Most of her knowledge was thanks to Erani. She had taught her a lot in a short period. She wondered if she would continue training her? Or if she lost that privilege. She shook the negative thoughts from her mind, she would give the Lead Healer time to cool off. Things had thankfully settled in Valhalla after the pack meeting and everyone receiving ranks and whatnot. She was rather pleased when Erani was made Lead Healer again. When she had met with Erani things were still in turmoil, breaking apart at the seams. But her pack was rebuilding again, settling down in a peaceful routine once more. "Though I suppose I'm doing the same." Having rarely ventured out, she wanted to get to know the land and see what was around her. She had always been curious as to what lay beyond the border of her home. So far she liked what she saw. Even with the snow still littering the ground, she had enjoyed her adventure and now was enjoying anothers company.

"speech" thought

Pontifex I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-28-2013, 04:56 PM

I'm out gathering herbs, I'm one of Valhallas healers. So she was from Valhalla, just as his nose had told him she was. A healer was she. That was surely a handy skill set to have. Sometimes he wished he knew about herbs, but his specialty lied with the fighting. He was a warrior, not a healer, but in his mind the healing profession was extremely honorable and respectable. Without healers, warriors wouldn't be able to do their jobs efficiently. Ah, a Valhallan healer are you. Well I hail from Seracia, under the title of Esquire, otherwise known as a warrior. If I'm not mistaken, our packs are under an alliance, are they not? He pretty new that they were, but he just wanted to hear her confirm it. He liked hearing her talk, especially when it was about Valhalla. He could hear the pride in her voice and that made his own pride for his pack flare up.

He nodded in acknowledgement. Familiarizing yourself with the area is a good use of time, especially since you're a healer and would need to know what herbs grow where. A gentle smile curled his dark lips as he sat, rather glad that she had accidentally bumped into him.

OOC: horrible >.<

Talk like this

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2013, 10:21 AM

She heard the pride in his voice as he spoke of his rank and his pack. So she had guessed right. "That would be correct, did you attend the wedding?" She wouldn't exactly say attended, she was there, but lingered at the back, keeping a low profile. She could practically feel the chill radiating from Erani after their meeting. Her attention snapped back to him when he started speaking again. "That's the plan" Lyrics were spoken with an easy smile. "Valhalla only has so much." While home held a lot of herbs, there were some that she had to venture out to find. And she wanted an excuse to go exploring. "An E-s-squi-ire you say?" The foreign named rolled off her tongue awkwardly. He had said that is was equivalent to a warrior, but it was an odd name to her. I guess every pack has different names for their ranks, it makes sense. Her thoughts rambled quietly at the back of her mind, focusing mostly of Pontifex.

While the willows covered most of the view of the sky, the dropping temperatures clued in that it was becoming later in the evening. Her belly growled in protest, having not eaten since earlier this afternoon, a sheepish smile crept its way onto her face. "Excuse me, its been a busy day." How far was she from home? She hadn't been paying close attention. It had taken her all day to get here, but she had taken her time and stopped along way. She would get back late if she headed home tonight. Perhaps she could find an old den to rest in for the night and return home in the morning, her paws were dying for some rest. She had made up in her mind all within a minute and done so quietly, her expression changing minutely, becoming thoughtful. She could gather her herbs on the way back. She was pretty certain she had passed an old den along the way. But would she ever see this brute again? She found herself rather glad she had bumped into him. It'd be a shame to meet him once briefly and then never see him again.

"speech" thought

Pontifex I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-01-2013, 12:56 PM

That would be correct, did you attend the wedding? Her question about the wedding had him making an assumption that she had most likely been there as well. Of course he hadn't noticed her, sticking close to his pack and not really talking to anyone, so it was possible he could've over looked her. He felt kind of bad that he hadn't noticed her then, but there had been many wolves attending the wedding, it would've been hard to try and spot someone in the crowd. I actually was, though you probably didn't see me mixed in all with Seracians. He allowed his tail to give a gentle wag as she confirmed his statement, noting how Valhalla had so much. It would be pretty convenient for one place to have everything, but that was unrealistic. Besides, exploring was pretty fun from time to time.

An amused chuckle bubbled from his dark lips as Rayne attempted to sound out his title of rank in Seracia. That's right, I am an Esquire. A newly appointed one, so I'm still in my probation stage, but I'm working hard to prove to my king that I am worthy of holding such a position. And then a comfortable silence stretched between the two allies and he could see the ivory woman thinking. The silence only lasted a few moments before a rumbling sounded from somewhere in Rayne's general direction. Pontifex looked to the woman curiously, head tilted to the side quizzically, a smile curling his dark lips as she excused herself. Someone was hungry. Thinking about, grabbing something to eat didn't sound too bad. He was rather hungry himself. Would you care for some dinner? I'm sure I can rustle up something edible around here.

Talk like this

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2013, 02:33 PM

He confirmed that he had indeed attended the wedding. She couldn't remember half the faces she saw there. "There were so many new faces there." It was overwhelming almost. His chuckled reached her lips as she was finally able to say his rank. So he was new to his pack. She couldn't remember how long she been part of Valhalla, it seemed like forever. She was happy to be residing there, she enjoyed the pack, her rank.

He had heard her stomach and gave her a quizzical look for breaking into a smile. His offer for dinner was welcomed. "That would be wonderful." An easy smile spread across her face. She had realized how comfortable she was around him. It was odd. She usually was a little more sky. She gave a lick to the scar that marred her chest, a tick of her that she didn't really about, it just happened. Her gaze returned Pontifex, "What sounds good?" She pushed herself to her paws, tail wagging gently.

OOC- terrible :(

"speech" thought

Pontifex I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-01-2013, 03:17 PM

There really were. It was rather hard to distinguish Valhallans from Seracians. A small smile touched his lips as he remembered the day of the wedding. It had surely been an awfully busy day, but filled with excitement. The newly appointed Esquire was glad that the two youngsters had been able to work things out for their benefit, that they had been able to stya with each other through and through. It was refreshing to see that love still won out in the end.

That would be wonderful. What sounds good? Her smile caused his own to flash in return, limbs unfolding to lift him back onto all four paws, golden gaze flickering to their surroundings, audits twitching to attention as the hunting mode began to set in. Whatever sounds good to you, sounds good to me too. He replied easily, plume wagging gently behind dark haunches as he allowed his gaze to fall back on Rayne, waiting to see what she would choose.

OOC: eek, horrible >.<

Talk like this

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2013, 04:37 PM

She nodded in agreement. Talk of the wedding brought Epiphron to her thoughts. She hoped she was doing well, enjoying herself in her new home. A smile once more graced his features before he rose to his paws, suggesting that she choose. She thought for a moment, but the area was so new to her that she wasn't sure what was even around. With spring returning, surely there would be more prey returning, but what animals lived in this part of the land. Nostrils flared, ears twitched. She let instinct take over, widening her sense to what surrounded them. She wasn't accustom to deciding on what another would eat. "Whatever we find I suppose." Claws flexed against the earth eagerly. She enjoyed the rush of adrenaline during a hunt, the rush of wind against her fur. And she was hungry, the thought of food made her mouth water. She waited for Pontifex to head off, not sure which direction to go in, he had been scouting the surrounding areas after all, he must have a better idea than her, right?

Letting her instincts swarm her, she let her thoughts drift. She didn't usually find herself in male company, keeping to herself since before she had joined Valhalla. And even before that. Memories of her family still haunted her dreams nearly every night, never letting her forget the tragedy that she experienced. Since then she had put up walls, protecting herself from the pains of the world. It was such a cruel place. Memories made her paws burns, her scar itch, causing her shift to weight from paw to paw. Trying to calm her thoughts, two toned gems settled on the charcoal brute, attempting to tame that chaos that wrecked havoc in her head. Oh how she wished she could forget. Forget the cries that plagued her mind, for the pain as flamed licked her heels, the pain of the jagged rock cutting her chest open. She put an end to it there. She shook her pelt, freeing herself of any debris that maybe lingering, freeing herself of her thoughts as well.

"speech" thought

Pontifex I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-01-2013, 05:06 PM

Pontifex gave himself a moment to shake himself off, freeing the debris from his coat before turning to face Rayne, as she suggested that they catch whatever they could find. Sounds like a good plan. He smiled, taking the lead as he forged a path for himself and his new companion, nostrils flaring as he hunted for a familiar scent of prey, sense alert as he jogged at a good pace, allowing Rayne to easily keep pace with him. He wasn't too sure what kind of animals lived here, after all this was his first time in the area. He couldn't detect any kind of herbivores, but he did catch the sound of running water. Running water meant fish. And fish was food. Up for a little dip? He chuckled playfully, readjusting his course to lead them to the sight of a little river.

Talk like this

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2013, 06:39 PM

He agreed with a smile, setting off at an easy pace. Her light runners frame made it easy for her to keep up. Audits pushed forward with renewed curiosity as he mentioned a dip. She didn't have time to answer before he changed their course, the sound of running water become louder. What does he have planned? She followed him nonetheless, keeping close to his heels. "Just what do you have planned?" Amused lyrics trailed after him, curiosity keeping her close. She kept up until water came into view, she slowed to a stop standing beside him, two toned pools looking at him curiously. She hoped he didn't expect her fish. She never fished a day in her life, she didn't have the slightest clue how to. She'd never even had fish before. A brow lifted slightly as her gaze slid to the water, seeing the slippery creatures glittering beneath the surface. "Fish?" A simple question fell from her lips, slightly hesitant, though she was more than willing to try, she just wasn't sure how successful she'd be.

"speech" thought

Pontifex I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-01-2013, 06:55 PM

An amused chuckle fell from his lips as she easily kept pace with him, her curiosity obvious in the tilt of her ears and the question that fell from her jaws. You'll see. He rumbled teasingly, knowing that the sound of the rushing river would clue her in on what he was planning. Golden gaze fell to water, watching as his potential pretty swam beneath the surface, making his previously quiet stomach rumble with hunger. Fish? Came Rayne's question. Pontifex nodded glancing up towards the ivory woman with the dual-hued eyes, a gentle smile curling his dark lips. Fish is alright for you? It was the closest thing I could spot to eat. I hope that isn't an inconvenience. If it is we could always go find something else. I really don't mind. He spoke thoughtfully, knowing that just because he liked something didn't mean that everyone else would.

Talk like this

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
07-01-2013, 09:39 PM

A gentle smile graced his features as he made sure that fish was alright with her. "I've never caught fish, or even had fish." Words soothed his concerns, they would eat fish, so long as he caught it. She couldn't image trying to catch it herself, nor did she want to. The embarrassing disaster it was certain to be. "Fish is fine so long as you're the one catching it." A smile tugged at her lips. An inconvenience? Where did he come up with that thought? She didn't say anything else on the matter, waiting for him to provide an answer. She would observe and perhaps come back on her own and give it shot, when she was free from watchful eyes, she had had enough embarrassment for one day, no need to add anymore to it. Though the embarrassment was slowly becoming worth it. Tail swayed at her heels, gaze resting on the dark brute, it would be a new experience for her, and hopefully an enjoyable one.

ooc- terrible terribleness

"speech" thought

Pontifex I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-01-2013, 11:35 PM

I've never caught fish, or even had fish. Fish is fine so long as you're the one catching it. She'd never eaten fish before? That was the first time he'd heard that. Mostly everyone he'd ever known had at least eaten fish once in their life. Not that there was anything wrong with her having never eaten fish, it was just something he hadn't expected. Well there is always a first time for everything. And no worries, I have no problem with that. You can just sit back and I'll get us some dinner. He presented her with a reassuring smile before turning away to face the water, dark paws carrying the brute towards the edge of the little river.

Fish swam beneath the surface, completely unaware that some of their lives were about to be ended and that they were on the menu. Golden gaze tracked a particular fish, salmon if he wasn't wrong as it moved towards him. Pontifex lowered his muzzle to the surface of the water, leaving only inches between the clear surface and his onyx nose. He waited until it was parallel with his nose before lunging towards the water, jaws snapping open simultaneously only to clamp shut over the body of the fish. It wriggled in its his grasp, attempting to get free but a hard clamp of his jaws and it went limp in his grasp. The esquire craned his neck around to face Rayne, tossing the fish towards her with a flick of his head. Hope you like it. he called out, turning back towards the water in preparation to catch his own fish.

Talk like this

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
07-02-2013, 10:33 AM

She offered him a warm smile before he turned and made his way to the waters edge, peering down at his unsuspecting prey. She watched with interest as his crown tipped down, nose coming to a stop just above the waters surface, yellow gaze watching intently. She couldn't quite see what he was waiting but without warning he lunged forward, jaws parting to grab a fish, water splashing. His movement was fluid, quick so as not to give the fish time to react. Lifting his head, he looked over his shoulder at her, a fish dangling from his jaws. He tossed it in her direction before turning to catch his dinner next. Dainty jaws picked up her meal, the scales feeling foreign against her tongue. She settled down a few up the shore, placing her fish between her paws, waiting for Pontifex to return with his catch.

When he did return, she would tentatively bite into the dead fish, nose twitching at the strange smell. The meat rolled against her tongue in a strange texture. It was salty. She didn't think it tasted bad, it was just weird. So different from her usual meal of a warm mammal. Swallowing, she took another bite, letting it again roll on her tongue, trying to decide if she liked it or not. "Thank you, by the way." A gentle smile graced her features. She appreciated his kindness, and thoughtfulness, despite the fact that she was total stranger, he had caught her dinner and was more than willing to accommodate her tastes.

"speech" thought