ardent

crashing down from the sky

Eos

gems
size
build
player
06-13-2013, 10:37 PM

Male. The stench of his presence invaded quivering nostrils, tail tucking defensively between her legs; she paused, testing the air, attempting to pinpoint his location. In her first season, Eos was feeling vulnerable; the desperate cries of her womb no doubt calling forth all kinds of twisted beasts, hungry to fulfil her bodies aching desires. The rumbling of the Springs absorbed her mind, steam enveloping the russet lady as heat clashed involuntarily with the crisp winter air. It had always impressed the youth how such warmth could pour so effortlessly from the earth, providing many creatures with a much welcomed escape from winter and it?s biting grasp. Attentions were brought back to the looming arrival of company, she was yet to see this lurking stranger, though didn?t doubt in the least that his presence was certain to come.

Balgrath

gems
size
build
player
06-13-2013, 10:59 PM
He patiently waited in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to come forth. He could tell that she was tense. Curiosity of to why she was out here alone was causing him to watch her with suspicious eyes. Against his better judgement, he emerges from the shadows revealing himself to her with a wary disposition. Bringing himself into the light, he gives a full view of his body, attempting show a nonthreatening side to his terrifying appearance. Not knowing how she will react to his watching, he awaited her to speak the first words, hoping that they would not be threatening.

Eos

gems
size
build
player
06-13-2013, 11:08 PM

No sooner than she had become aware of his presence, the beast hesitantly revealed himself; appearing eerily through the shaded shelter of vegetation. Though small, he possessed a somewhat uncanny appearance, a desatured ebony and rather bullish in build. Though the vixen wasn?t at all deterred by his appearance, but more his hushed and stealthy approach. How long had he been watching her? Ears flicked backwards in acknowledgement, a sharp gaze of warning suggesting he keep his distance, ?Do you often lurk about the shadows like a stray cat?? voice was sour, defensive.

Balgrath

gems
size
build
player
06-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Soon as he revealed himself he could smell no fear in the air. Her response to him was very direct and surprising. "No. It's simply smarter to observe before I thrust myself into a potentially dangerous situation" He calmly replied as he tried to convey that he would not be a threat. He would have to avoid a fight, as she was much larger than he was. He notices, her oddly colored eyes staring him down. Everything around them was eerily silent, and it was making him quite uncomfotable with the situation.

Eos

gems
size
build
player
06-13-2013, 11:40 PM

She watched him with a mild carelessness for his presence, craving the solitude she had previously possessed. Though if he wanted to snoop about studying wolves, then Eos would not be as quick to dismiss him; who knows, perhaps it?d only encourage him to pursue strangers further. So she spared him a few moments to reply, and quite surprisingly his response was rather valid. ?Why not just avoid the situation all together, hm?? her voice was blunt and suggestive, though her heart did not find it?s way into the folds of her words; perhaps for once, this strange male wasn?t completely foolish. Feeling the need to analyse him further, Eos hesitantly continued, ?So what brings you to The Springs, the temperature or the strangers?? She watched him closely, observing his awkward attempts to appear less confronting. She didn?t mind him, really. He seemed to have at least half a brain resting on those stocky shoulders of his.

Balgrath

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2013, 12:03 AM
"My curiosity won me over this time, and I couldn't resist" noticing her lack of care for him. "I came to try and find a little peace, but instead I find you here" Finding it quite odd that she is questioning him further, despite her outward appearances. Realizing that a fight would not be likely, he relaxes and starts to see their surroundings return to normalcy. He is intrigued by this odd female wolf. "What brings you out here alone? It's not often I see others" He asks, hoping to provoke the conversation further.

Eos

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2013, 12:27 AM

For a few moment Eos thought she might laugh, an amused twitch threatening the pale edges of her lips. Though his comical statement seemed almost crude, the russet lady couldn?t help but see the humour. He had a reasonable point, though unfortunately Eos wouldn?t be going anywhere to bless him with the ?peace? he so craved. She would cease their conversation when she felt the need, but she wouldn?t remove herself from the area until she was satisfied. ?Alone? I?m not one that much fancies unwanted company,? feminine tones trailed slightly, ?But otherwise, one can learn appreciate the warmth of The Springs during a bitter winters day; benefits the mind and the body.? She continued to survey him, emerald pools trailing his frame with mild curiosity. ?If you have trouble seeing others, please tell me- where on earth is it you hide?? words were somewhat sarcastic, not really encouraging an honest answer, but more finding it amusing that the male somehow managed to avoid the bustling life of Alacritis.

Balgrath

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2013, 01:16 AM
Pleased that the female wolf is slowly becoming less defensive. "I usually don't present myself, you should consider yourself lucky" he says with a sly grin. "But I believe I do have to agree with you, the springs can be quite the relaxant" Unwilling to leave, he would either make conversation, or she would be the first to leave. He was not willing to sacrifice his time just because another wolf had decided to go to the same place as him. Besides, for all he knows, this odd female may lead him to a good opportunity, or possibly somewhere where complete loneliness wouldn't be so prevalent. "Would you not have trouble seeing others, if you never seek them out?" He asked with a curious ear.

Eos

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2013, 01:37 AM

Ah, so the beast had humour. Characterised words accompanied an amused grin, one that went virtually disregarded by the young adult. Lucky? Not exactly. But she would allow him his fickle pride, holding her tongue as the smaller male continued to speak. ?When I want company, I find company,? she paused, allowing her words to sink in, ?It?s not often I fancy the meek existence of a wolf trying to poke and prod at the details of my life. It?s sad really, the majority of souls these days seem to lack brain-power.? Gaze was cast silently upon him, not bothering to say anything more, allowing the male the decision to continue on or not.

Balgrath

gems
size
build
player
06-14-2013, 12:25 PM
"You should be careful who you refer to as meek, an attempt of kindness could very easily turn sour." he says as he gives her a stern glare. Her indignant assumption to his intelligence shows him she has a lack of care for other creatures. Her arrogance was misplaced, yet somehow justified by the proud way she carried herself. "I don't need to poke and prod, my simple attempt at friendliness may be misleading, but don't misjudge me for an idiot." He says, turning his attention to the warms waters that surround his body.

Eos

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2013, 09:28 PM

So it seemed the ebony boy was not entirely idiotic, his attempted words of wisdom meeting alert towers with a finalizing glare of impatience. It seemed he had taken her comment somewhat personally, and although it hadn't been intended that way, Eos couldn't truthfully be bothered with suggesting otherwise. Careless for his offence, she held her silence, regarding the small soul with a somewhat blank expression. His last choice of words were once again infused with a mild hint of knowledge, his argument somewhat valid, even if she didn't entirely agree with it. "If you say so, beast- though I find it foolish to presume somebody intelligent until they have proven the fact, I do not place faith in strangers," voice ceased momentarily yet again, "You've proven yourself somewhat capable of intellectual thought, though I am still not 'impressed' by your ambitious tongue."

Balgrath

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2013, 11:45 PM
"I should probably introduce myself, I'm called Balgrath" Hoping that introducing himself would help ease into a conversation, even if he is a little late with it. He strangely found a sense of familiarity with the female wolf through her words. He can largely agree with her response, trusting strangers can be potentially very dangerous. "I did not mean to impress by my tongue, I simply say what I feel I should, when the moment is right."

Eos

gems
size
build
player
06-16-2013, 12:00 AM

Though not usually one to openly engage in the exchange of pleasantries and introductions, Eos felt she owed the stout brute at least that; though not promising herself she?d remember his own name, she responded simply, ?Eos.? The lady continued to study him, muscles slightly relaxing beneath her skin as she grew more at ease with his presence. His next choice of words were fair, and she would regard them in silence; not bothering to ponder them, but allowing him the ease of hushed lips. She was growing tired of their aimless conversation, almost ready to retreat back to the welcome of solitude. Though she offered him another moment, ?Do you wander alone?? his scent suggested he was rogue, though curiosity encouraged confirmation.

Balgrath

gems
size
build
player
06-16-2013, 12:26 AM
She has a simple name, simple but different. She seemed to be easing with his presence, though she did not seem to be one for words, she did not seem to be an enemy by far. Her next question did catch him off guard though "Yes, I roam where I please, and by myself. I seldom enjoy the company of others, I have to be in a particular mood" "I believe I can see much of the same in you" Balgrath could see much of himself in her, he could see the need for solitude, and the defensiveness to outsiders. He was still not entirely sure why he revealed himself to the lady wolf. But maybe he would come to know in time.

Eos

gems
size
build
player
06-17-2013, 09:25 PM

She regarded the wolf with a dwindling interest, tapered lashes flicking momentarily as she silently awaited his reply. He liked to talk, apparently; a simple yes/no would have sufficed, but instead the ebony brute allowed his tongue the freedom of his mind, words drowning her ears and tiring her mind. It was? nice, at least, that he was trying so hard to keep the conversation alive, something Eos didn?t have the energy to expend for. ?I will endure company when it?s the right kind; it?s merely the idiots I?m allergic to,? her weight shifted comfortably atop dainty paws, ?Does the prospective of a residence, a place of knowing and refuge, ever appeal to you? Or will you forever be the kind to aimlessly wander the reaches of the world??

Balgrath

gems
size
build
player
06-17-2013, 10:29 PM
"Well then what do you consider the right company?" It was obvious that the didn't usually enjoy conversation, and Balgrath didn't usually speak to those he doesn't know. The conversation may be somewhat pained, but it was nice to actually have company for once. "I'm largely undecided on what I want, it just depends on what happens" Noticing her interest in him was dwindling. "Yourself?" Hoping this would lead him to find out more about the mysterious wolf. He was quite enjoying himself, and didn't want to go back entirely to his solitude....yet.

Eos

gems
size
build
player
06-18-2013, 07:39 PM

The male was doing a fair job of keeping the youth preoccupied, her dwindling interests slowly beginning to involve themselves more and more in what the ebony beast had to say, ?There's no true definition of what company it is I enjoy, there are far too many variations to the wolf mind to praise just one,? she concluded, emerald gaze interrupted only by the batting of heavy lids. She hasn't been prepared for the back-fire, so Eos spared a few vital moments to ponder her response, ?I will settle soon enough, whether it be as a leader or beneath my brothers rule,? mind strayed to Syrinx, his colossal red frame pacing with undeniable magnificent in the backdrop of her venomous gaze.

Balgrath

gems
size
build
player
06-19-2013, 05:22 PM
"That is a very valid point, there are many wolves in these lands, and they all vary greatly" "Though I feel at the end of the day, finding those most like yourself is what's best for me personally" Balgrath shifted easily into a more comfortable position, "What lands does your brother call his?" Balgrath curiously asked. He had traveled quite a bit, but his interaction with other wolves left something to be desired. The Vixen was quite an intriguing character, and He was genuinely curious about her at this point.

Eos

gems
size
build
player
06-20-2013, 04:19 AM

His next question was one not so easy to answer, Syrinx wasn?t technically King of Valhalla; but ever since the magnificent beast was a suckling babe his father had planned it for him. As the only male in their litter, there was no denying that the small prince would wear an imaginary crown through his child hood. Though things hadn?t gone to plan, currently Chrysanthe, Eos and Syinx?s sister, had taken place of Alpha. Mind strayed, it didn?t bother her, Eos had retracted her close ties to her family, but she hoped deeply that her brother would take his rightful place soon enough. It was the way things needed to be. ?Valhalla,? she paused, ?He?s not present Alpha, the throne lies currently with my sister. But I don?t doubt his upcoming rise, you'll hear of him as King soon enough.?

Balgrath

gems
size
build
player
06-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Balgrath could tell the vixen was deep in thought at his question, thought she did answer him with a short direct response. "I do not have very many experiences with the wolves of Valhalla." "Though it does intrigue me as to why you are this far in the east, instead of with the pack?" He asked this knowing that he was starting to tread on personal ground, which he doubted the vixen would give up this easily. Though she had surprised thus far by keeping the conversation going. Compared to himself, her life experiences were rich, and she apparently had a family. Neither of which he had. Most of his life had been spent roaming, and fending for himself. He did not even remember his parents, having been abandoned as a small pup. It was a miracle that he was even there to have the conversation looking back on it.