gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-01-2013, 12:24 PM
.ooc. man I need more Song tables.

Song was taking a trip down the coast. It had mostly been storming so she wanted to take the day to actually enjoy the nice beaches before it got too much colder and winter took a firm grasp. Today was just the perfect day for just that. There were massive storms that fought over control of the skies, but today was perfect. The storms were far off and the day was a nice temperature.

Her white paws brought her down a beautiful beach, what surprised her more than the soft white sand was the giant marine beasts that leapt from the ocean. Their large grey bodies flying gracefully out of the water. She was pulled into their dance, her eyes trained on their every move. They were beautiful. There was a content smile placed on her features, this was a moment long in coming. Song was thoroughly enjoying her life.

She let her hind quarters fall to the ground. She would sit and watch them as the sun went down. Afterwards it would probably be about time for a good hunt. Well fed she was in this pack, but she needed a snack if she was going to head back to the territory tonight.

Speech

.ooc. short post is short. =[

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-01-2013, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 10:26 PM by Cherokee.)

Wandering. Again. Pawstep after pawstep, Cherokee paraded through Alacritis, looking for something to do. How was it freaking possible that he run into no one in this god forsaken place when it was overflowing with wolves. How was that possible? The usually calm young man was begining to get agitated with himself. Was he just not trying hard enough to find others? He wasn't exactly a people person, but that didn't mean he was anti-social either. It was in his nature to be around others of his kin. It was the way of the wolf. And yet here he was, wandering through god knows where, alone, with only his shadow for company. How pathetic was that?

Today he was in another part of Alacritis that he had yet to explore. It was a beautiful place, very lush with vegetation, but it was obvious that winter was nearly here. Though winter's icy grip was already visible, it did nothing to lessen the place's beauty. He wandered through slowly, ivory jade and steel colored eyes dancing over the unfamiliar terrain, taking his time to drink in his new surroundings. He assumed he hadn't gotten very far into the new territory when the sound of water reached his ears. Water. Was there a river nearby? Perhaps a lake? Curious the onyx and ivory knight continued forward, his pace a bit faster now, gaze darting to and fro, searching for the body of water his ears had alerted him to. what he saw was breathtaking. It was water alright. The biggest body of water he had ever seen. It stretched out for miles and miles, all the way to the horizon. Cherokee couldn't believe his eyes. He remembered his parents talking about a huge body of water called the ocean, where giant creatures lived. Was this it?

Cherokee slowed his pace onc more, walking forward tentively, frame tense. Did anyone live here? Nostrils flared wide, searching the atmosphere. The first smell to hit him was the pungen one of the ocean. It was wet and salty, leaving a nasty taste in the back of his throat. He sneezed, clearing his nose before resuming his search, a brand new scent finding its way to him. He halted his advance, not having noticed the ground beneath him had changed into sand, the rough texture grating against his paw pads but the brute was unaware. There was another wolf in the area. A female at that. His gaze followed the trail of the scent, pinpointing it to the white figure that sat not to far from the water's edge, gaze intent on the blue waters before them. How strange to find another wolf in this kind of place. For a moment the knight battled with the urge to get closer or remain at the tree line. After several moments of deliberation he decided to stick to the tree line. What if this woman didn't want company? Jaws unhinged, a loud bark reverbrating from his larynx in order to be heard over the waves. Attention remained glued to the woman, wondering if she would hear him over the noise of the water.

Talk like this

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-02-2013, 12:39 AM

The breeze played gently with her fur as she faced the large body of water. She smiled at the beautiful waves that rushed to meet the shore. Song was just enjoying the show that the dolphins were putting on. She wished it was warm enough to go out and swim with them. She knew she didn't want to get wet right at that moment, it was growing close to the beginning of the night and the temperature was about to drop. She would freeze if she tried swimming now. She let a sigh escape her lips, another day probably once it warmed up again.
Suddenly a noise broke through her concentration. Someone barked at her. A confused look on her face, she turned around to see who was attempting to get her attention. Song was not able to see him at first but after a squint she was able to make out his black form a bit better. She didn't recognize him either. She didn't feel threatened by his presence, if he had wanted to try something funny he would have done if with out alerting her first.
She kept the smile on her face as she let herself stand once again on the beautiful beach. With all four paws underneath her she moved toward him a bit. The waves were loud so if she wanted him to even think about hearing her she needed to be closer. "Yes?" Her vocals were like a dove's call, soothing and beautiful. She let her paws keep carrying her softly toward him. "Are you in need of assistance?" She cocked her head to the side quizzically, a smile still sitting on her maw.

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-02-2013, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 10:30 PM by Cherokee.)

The breeze coming in from the ocean had a bite to it, but Cherokee?s winter coat was beginning to grow in, so he didn?t feel the cold as much as he could?ve have if his summer coat was still in. The winds ran their chilly fingers through his lengthening fur, tossing it this way and that, whipping the longer sections around his chest to and fro, giving him a ruffled and disheveled look. The beach was something else. For one it was a bit colder than most places, save the mountains of course, but it was a more bitter cold than in the rocks. The cold here was heavier, more wet than the bone dryness of the peaks. He wasn?t sure which one was worse at the moment, since he didn?t really mind the cold at all to begin with. His gaze drifted to the water for several moments, noticing large gray shapes emerge from the azure depths, launching themselves through the air as if they weighed nothing. Were those the creatures his parents had told him about as a pup? His attention would remain on them for a bit, watching their antics in fascination, the woman sitting at the edge of the water momentarily forgotten.

And then a movement in the corner of his eye broke his attention from the leaping beasts of the ocean, his head turning to follow the movement. So his bark had reached the woman. He could see her trying to put him into focus and then she was walking towards him. He felt rude for having caught her attention. She was just sitting out here, enjoying nature and here he was, coming along and breaking her quiet escape. She hadn?t invited him, so what right did he have to intrude on her own time? It was too late now. Her dainty ivory paws carried her closer to him, her sweet melody carrying through the noise of the water to reach his ears, asking him if he was in need of assistance. A smile curled her pretty mouth as she tilted her head questioningly towards him. Did he need help? No. He was perfectly fine. Healthy as can be. Was he lost? No, not really. Just wandering. That didn?t really count. So what did he need help with, if he needed help at all?

I didn?t mean to intrude miss, forgive me. I?m in no need of assistance. I?I was just looking for someone to talk to. I understand if you don?t wish for company at the moment. I have no problem leaving the way I came. His voice boomed over the noisy water to reach the young woman?s ears, his own auditory system tipped forward with attention, dual-colored jewels observing the female before him. She was a pure, untainted ivory in color, her own eyes possessing the dual-colored gene, though her colors were of gold and azure. She was a very pretty thing and he wouldn?t be surprised if she already had a mate or even belonged to pack. What wolf in Alacritis didn?t? Cherokee stood quietly before the ivory dame, awaiting her decision about his presence.

Talk like this

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-02-2013, 02:27 AM

She didn't want to intrude upon his space. She wanted to be close enough to not have to raise her voice. His scent became stronger as the source got closer. The scent that wafted toward her nostrils told her a bit more information. He didn't have a pack's scent on him, she was sure that she didn't either. She hadn't spent any time with her new family members yet. Aria told her what was up and what was down, but she hadn't really seen anyone else.
She finally came to a stop that was a comfortable distance away, at least until she introduced herself. Now that she had a better look at him she was a bit in awe. Power was being held up by those paws, she was glad she was not on his bad side. She let her porcelain ears concentrate their efforts on him, though it wasn't difficult. He knew how to project his voice. Her smile widened a bit as she took in his bi colored eyes, not many shared this trait with her.
I didn?t mean to intrude miss, forgive me. I?m in no need of assistance. I?I was just looking for someone to talk to. I understand if you don?t wish for company at the moment. I have no problem leaving the way I came.
She giggled melodically at his words, not because what he said was funny but because of the situation. He just wanted her attention to talk? How cute!
"I would love to sit and talk to you, sir. My name is, Song Destruction. I am pleased to make your acquaintance." She lifted her paw gracefully into the air and placed it in front of her, her head following the movement to create a wolf curtsy. "May I have your name?" She asked bringing her gaze back up to his face. Meeting a handsome stranger on the beach was not something she did every day. What an exciting way to end her trip.

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-02-2013, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 10:32 PM by Cherokee.)

She stopped at a respectable distance from him, allowing him a sufficient amount of personal space while at the same time respecting her own. The noise of the waves was overwhelming, so he assumed the proximity was to reduce the amount of yelling the pair would have to do in order to communicate with one another. Though the salty scent of the ocean was heavy, he could fairly detect the young woman?s scent. It wasn?t tainted by that of a pack, or even of a family. Was she too a rogue like himself, trying to find her own place inside of Alacritis? If that was the case, then if this meeting went well, perhaps she could be the first of what he hoped to be his many friends.

She was wary, which was natural. No one should be completely trusting of anyone, so he took no offense that she didn?t close the gap between them more. He wasn?t so quick to demonstrate his wariness of the outside world. He knew he was an imposing advisory; he was aware of his size. He wasn?t nearly full grown yet, but he was nearly there. There was no denying the power that rippled beneath his sizeable mass. That being said, he didn?t go around flaunting his power. If other noticed, well he couldn?t help it. He wasn?t cocky about his strength. If someone wanted to challenge him, he saw no quarrel with it, but he wasn?t actively seeking out others to prove he was better. The fact that there would always be someone better than him never left his mind. It was something that kept him humble, in his opinion atleast.

He could see her smile widening as she took him. Did something about him please her? Was it the way he looked? He could only wonder. And just as his last words fell from his lips, a giggle bubbled through hers. Did he amuse her? A self-conscious smile, reaching only half of his face, curled his jaws. How interesting that he amused her, barely even knowing her. He drew his attention to her words as she spoke, introducing herself as Song Destruction. That certainly was a different name. Suiting, if he thought so himself. His amusement bubbled to the surface as she presented him with a curtsy, a greeting he supposed before asking for his name. It pleases me more to make your acquaintance miss Song Destruction. I am Cherokee. he answered in response, extending his right foreleg, bending it slightly as he lowered his crown, presenting her with a bow of his own. His eyes returned to her face, noting her pretty smile still painted across her visage. Maybe Alacritis wasn?t so bad after all.

Talk like this

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-02-2013, 06:03 PM

She was convinced that he was of decent character. No they hadn't exchanged much in the way of words, but all of his actions were saying he was a pretty respectable wolf. Maybe she would be able to call him friend. From the way things were going, she was getting to think she would enjoy his company. He was incredibly polite, which was a nice change in pace. She was happy to see that her friendliness was not wasted on this wolf.
She was bestowed the knowledge of what he called himself quickly after she lent him her own name. Cherokee. Interesting to say the least, she'd never heard of another with that name. A purr escaped her as he proceeded to bow for in her response. This boy was surely going to make for an interesting friend. "Well then mister Cherokee, would you like to join me on the beach?" She didn't really wait for a reply before she stood once again, her nose pointed in the direction she needed to be taking to get back to her packlands. She wasn't really ready to go back.
She wanted to spend more time in the company of this stranger first. She also wanted to fulfill his request in a conversational partner. Not that she was very good at small talk, but she didn't know anything aout him. There had to be something they could talk about. Her blue and gold eyes rested once again upon his large form. "Have you ever been near the ocean before?" She let her words find his as she took off towards the shore. She longed to submerged herself in the salty water, but she refrained. A run along the beach was sufficient. She barked at Cherokee to follow her, maybe she could start a game of tag.
She hoped he wouldn't think her immature for wanting to run around. With a quick glance behind her she tore over the sand happily. The spray shooting out from under her paws. He didn't seem like he could be too much older than she was. She stopped momentarily to see if he actually hed followed her. Hopefully he wouldn't run into her with her quick stop.

Speech

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-02-2013, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 10:36 PM by Cherokee.)

He didn't know if he was lucky that he the wolves he'd met so far, albeit Song was the third, were all friendly, or if that was just the type of wolf he attracted, but her certainly didn't mind. It was rather nice not having to be on his guard or muscle his way through someone just because they decided to be rude. If anything he thought it rather interesting that all the wolves he'd met so far had been female, and very friendly at that. They weren't overly friendly, just polite and willing to make converation, like miss Song. He hoped his encounters later on would remain like this, but he knew that was kind of asking too much. Not everyone was a nice wolf.

A sound of content escaped her lips before she spoke, allowing Cherokee to assume that she had liked what she'd heard. The idea that his name was to her liking pleased him. It wasn't often others showed any kind of interest in his name. Well then mister Cherokee, would you like to join me on the beach? A light chuckle rumbled in his chest at her having called him mister. He was three yeard old now, but certainly nowhere near being called a mister yet. She rose to her dainty paws, delicate nose pointing in a direction down further of the beach. Why of course miss Song. He rumbled, paws already stirring beneath him, talons kneading the sand as he waited for Song to show him just where she wanted to go.

He would watch her, noticing how her two-toned eyes rested on his figure, her lips parting as she spoke once more, asking if he'd ever been on the beach before. Was it that obvious that he'd never been? But before he could answer the ivory dame was moving back towards the shoreline, barking in his direction, asking him to follow her. Deciding his answer could wait, the charcoal, ivory stained brute took after the young girl, surprised when she suddenly burst across the sand, water flying up behind her paws. So she wanted to play? He waited until she stopped to look back at him before rushing forward, charging towards her. He waited until the last second, making it appear as if he would barrel right into her, before swerving away in an arch, stopping just ahead of her. A grin spread his jowls as turned his body to face her, yelling over the waves. No I have never been to the ocean. This is my first time! He hadn't played with anyone in a while and it felt good to just stretch his legs.

Talk like this

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-02-2013, 08:50 PM

She couldn't help but duck as he rushed past her stationary form. His powerful legs taking him a little farther than she had stopped. She laughed as his antics seemed to fall in line with her own. He was just as glad to get his limbs in motion as she was. She needn't have worried about him thinking her a child. She was happy to see the grin on his face. She hadn't found herself in a mood like this since she'd last seen her siblings, they were even getting resistant to it.
No I have never been to the ocean. This is my first time!
She let more laughter dance from her muzzle as she let her playfulness take her away. "I hope you're enjoying it!" She rose up onto her her hind legs, preparation for a big take off. Launching herself forward with her strong leg muscles, she leapt over to him and took a playful nip to his rump before sprinting off again. Her legs extended to their full length as she let loose her energy. Focused on the speed of her feet she thought she must be simply flying. Over the sand and through the waves she went, running away from her new companion.
Her fluffy tail was hung like a flag behind her quick moving form, she wagged it in pleasure. She was having fun running up and down the soft sand, it's spongey qualities were a joy to gallop on. It was getting dark though, the sun would start saying it's farewells soon. Her favorite part of the day, sunset was upon them.
She didn't realize it until too late that her pace had slowed, she was just waiting to be tagged.

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-02-2013, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 10:38 PM by Cherokee.)

This was was quickly turning into something much more entertaining than a simple conversation. It reminded him of the days with his sisters, when the trio would rough house, more often than none his sisters calling foul play and squealing their protest to their parents because he didn't play fair or nice. He was older now and alot stronger, but that didn't mean he didn't like letting loose and simply playing around for a while. Couldn't be serious all the time.

Another laugh found its way from his jaws as Song ducked away from his mock charge, anticipating the collision that never came. He was pleased to hear her own laugh bubbling out at his antics. It was nice to be able to just play around so comfortably with a total stranger. Perhaps they would become friends after all. Her laughter continued as she yelled back, hoping that he was enjoying himself. Of course he was enjoying himself! How could he not in such pleasant company. And then Song rose to her paws, coming down on her toes as she rocketed forward, leaping to him, nipping at his flank before sprinting off, initiating chase. Cherokee was more than happy to comply.

He had to give it to her, despite being smaller than him, she could definitely move when she wanted to. But, he wasn't going to let her get away that easily. Limbs pounded the sand in synch, pushing the dark knight after the ivory dame, quickly closing the gap between them. He'd allowed her a head start, but to his delight he could see her beginning to slow down, perhaps thinking she was making it to hard for him. A laugh burst from his jowls just as he neared her, nape extending as he nipped her shoulder, bumping her frame with his massive cranium as he bounded past her, coming to a screeching halt not to far away.

Talons dug into the pliable sand, digging in grooves as he pulled himself to a halt, his front torso turned in arch in the direction of Song, waiting for her to catch up. Plume wagged vigorously from side to side, ribcage expanding and contracting quickly as he sucked in gulps of salty air. Who woulda thought he'd be playing a game of tag with a complete stranger. Funny how things worked.

Talk like this

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-03-2013, 12:07 AM

His reply came quickly upon her, a bit quicker than she had anticipated. He was pretty fast for a wolf his size. His laugh desended upon her pale ears as her gait slowed slightly, she felt his nip touch her shoulder. She squealed happily and jumped away from him, to her misfortune right into a particularly large wave.
She felt the water permeate her fluffy white fur, drenching her in the cold saltwater. Just what she had been attempting to avoid, a thorough soaking before night fell. She let out a gasp of shock as the water pushed her further up onto the beach, she staggered away onto the dry ground. She regained her footing a bit away from the waves and looked around sheepishly for her companion, what a sight that must have been.
She could feel the embarrassment heat up her skin and wondered if he could see the blush under her fur. She let a pitiful laugh escape her lips as she tried not to think about how she was going to keep from freezing over night. Hopefully if she just kept moving she'd be okay. It would definitely make for a long night. "I bet I looked pretty silly, huh?" She let a smile keep to her lips as she looked to the midnight beast.

Speech

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-03-2013, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 10:39 PM by Cherokee.)

Her squeal split the air, loud enough to out-noise the waves crashing on the shore. The amusement that had been making its way onto his visage froze halfway there as he realized that Song was jumping straight into an oncoming wave. He would?ve yelled to watch out but it was far too late. He watched helpless as the huge body of water came crashing down on the dainty dove, soaking her to the bone, her fluff of a coat before coming a wet mess now. Cherokee?s ears flattened against his skull, knowing that being wet, especially in this kind of weather, wasn?t a very ideal thing.

He watched her stumble away from the wet shore onto higher and drier ground, her two-toned gaze searching him out. Casting a wary glance to the water, he quickly padded up the sand to Song?s side, guilt riddling his frame. She was all wet because of him. What an impression to make the first meeting, right? A light laugh bubbled from her lips as she smiled at him, asking him if she?d looked pretty silly. You could never look silly. he said quietly, scraping a small hole next to his white paw. I?m sorry I got you wet miss Song, I didn?t mean to.

He really felt bad that she was soaking wet and he was dry as a bone. He probably should?ve been looking out for the waves instead of fooling around. Oh well, he supposed, not much to do now except help her find somewhere to keep warm and dry up. Is there somewhere I can take you to help you dry up? Dual-toned gems were intent on the young woman before him, awaiting an answer. He hoped if she did that it wasn?t too far. Night was beginning to creep quickly upon the duo and the dark knight knew the temperatures were going to be quick to drop. He didn?t want Song sick because of him.

Talk like this

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-03-2013, 01:09 AM

Poor Cherokee was just as drenched as she was, but rather than in salt water it was guilt. His pitiful gaze rested upon her soaked form, he apologized and told her she didn't look silly. She couldn't help but smile at his kind words. "It's not your fault! I should have been paying attention to where I was leaping." She smiled. Is there somewhere I can take you to help you dry up? A slight look of sadness fell upon her face as she realized how far she'd have to go to get to Ludicael. "Well.. it's kind of far. You wouldn't know of a place closer than the Lover's Mangrove?" As the words left her lips a shiver of epic proportion raced up her spine. She started shaking involuntarily.
She had been rather comfortable when her fur had been dry. Now it was useless, she could feel the temperature dropping and the wind just cut through her like a knife. Now it was uncomfortable, she could feel her body shaking incredibly. She didn't even realize she had done it until she felt the warmth attempt to return to her. She was pressing herself into cherokee's large body, taking his body heat for her own. She wanted to step away from him, she was sure that it was odd having someone you've just met snuggle up to you. She looked up to him with an apologetic look, "Please don't make me move." She begged him in a soft voice.
She needed to get out of the wind, it was causing her the most problems. Hopefully he had a good place to go, other wise she wasn't sure what she was going to do. Try to get back to the pack and hope she could find a warm place to stay. "I must be out of this wind," She looked longingly at the tree line. "Will you accompany me off the beach?" Her gaze shifted back to look at the ebony wolf.

Speech

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-03-2013, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 10:41 PM by Cherokee.)

And then there was that same smile again, glowing in his direction as she dismissed his apology, saying it wasn?t his fault, that she should?ve been paying more attention to where she was going. Perhaps, but he still felt really bad that she was the one drenched and he nice and dry. He would gladly soak himself just to make things even, but for some reason he didn?t think that would be beneficial to either of them. His shoulders rose in something similar to a shrug at her first set of words, knowing his guilt was wasted. His brows furrowed together as she continued to speak, asking him if he knew of any place closer than Lover?s Mangrove, wherever that place was.

Where was Lover?s Mangrove? Perhaps he really should wander around more, get himself better acquainted with Alacritis. He was about to give her an answer when suddenly he felt something wet sticking to side left side. At first he thought that he?d also gotten wet but just hadn?t realized, but he quickly realized it was Song, pressing her smaller body against his, trying to sap the warmth from his body. He froze for a moment, unsure of what to do. But when he felt the shivers racking her body echo onto his own frame, he overcame his moment of hesitation. Using his massive frame as a shield, Cherokee leaned in closer to Song, curling himself around her, shielding her face with his neck as he turned his face to the side, the size of his muzzle pressing against her nose, his tail curling around her haunches. A half smile curled his kissers as she looked up at him with a pleading look, asking him not to make her move. I have absolutely no reason to make you. he said quietly, the need to yell now non-existent because of their close proximity.

It appeared mother nature thought the situation to be funny because all of a sudden the wind began to pick up, buffeting the pair relentlessly, making Cherokee clench his jaw together as he curled himself tighter around Song, trying to deflect as much of the wind as possible. Audits tipped forward as the alabaster dove spoke up, asking him if he would accompany her off the beach. I will do that and help you find somewhere to dry up. I don?t know the area that well, but I?m sure I can find something suitable. Though I would advise a dash to the treeline would be our best option to get out of this damn wind. His gaze flitted down to hers for a moment before dancing up to the treeline then back to her, awaiting her command.

Talk like this

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-03-2013, 02:03 AM

Relief swept over her as the big wolf molded around her smaller frame, helping to shield her from larger amounts of cold. He contorted around her perfectly, if the wind had not been blowing she would have been rather comfortable. She was so cold, in any other situation she would have never been so close to the ebony male. She had known him for not even an afternoon and they were curled up together bathing in the light of the setting sun.
Now that he was not trying to speak to her over the roaring waves she found that his voice was quite pleasant. She was quite comfortable in his warm grasp. Her body was not though, shivers still ran through her form. It was time to move. "I agree," The wind was just awful. She almost added as an after thought, Though this would almost be almost pleasant were I not soaked.
With a tilt of her head she signaled to him she was going to go for it. Hoping he would stay by her side up the rest of the sad she sprinted for the trees. The wind blew through her wet fur, setting off a new wave of shivers. She could feel herself cramping up because of it, making her gait more stiff and awkward. She was so close to refuge.
Like walking into a warm house after being in the cold Song had immediate results from getting behind the trees and brush. She was still wet and cold. Her bi colored eyes searched for her companion's black form. She hoped he was up for a bit more cuddling.

Speech

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-03-2013, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 10:43 PM by Cherokee.)

They had only known each other for barely a few hours and here they were, practically cuddled together in the middle of the beach. Had a third party spotted them from afar, they would?ve assume the pair to be together and simply enjoying each other?s company, but the reality was far from that. In all honesty, they were in this situation because of Cherokee. Had he not approached Song, simply left her to her own devices, she would?ve been nice and dry, free of the worry of catching some kind of cold out in this freezing weather. Then again, he really didn?t regret approaching her. She was quite the company if he said so himself.

Had he spoke it out loud it might have sounded weird, but he couldn?t help admitting to himself that he rather enjoyed the situation that he was in right now. He felt very right being in the protector role for Song, protecting her from the elements with his sizeable mass. He felt useful, and somewhat important at the moment. And having her body pressed this close to his wasn?t too bad either. Despite being pressed up against his warm body, he could still feel the shivers racking her frame. They needed to get out of this wind and they needed to get out now.

His ivory jade and steeled gems glanced down to the ivory maiden as she tilted her head towards the treeline, signaling for him to make the dash. The moment her body sprung forward the onyx brute was right at her side, trying to stick as closer to her as possible without bumping her. If he could?ve cloned himself to put another of him on her other side to better ward of the wind he could?ve, but since he couldn?t, he attempted to keep as close to her as possible as they ran to the tree line. Cherokee allowed her to reach the line first, slowing down just a bit as he crossed the tree line as well. Unsure whether she was warmer or not but thinking constant body warmth wasn?t a bad thing, the large knight put his body right up against hers, allowing the heat caused by the exertion to seep into her, hopefully continuing to warm her up.

Shall we continue on? I?m sure there?s good shelter somewhere close by. he glanced down at her, keeping his body pressed to hers, before glancing up to their surroundings, gaze flickering across the foliage, trying to locate a suitable shelter.

Talk like this

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-04-2013, 12:53 AM

Song was thankful for how compassionate her companion turned out to be. She barely had to ask and he was glued to her side, his warmth soothing the shivers that had once been so violent. She could feel her body relax, her danger levels falling to a more manageable level. At least, it was that way because of Cherokee. She smiled at his closeness, what would someone have thought if they happened upon the two? If only her mother could see her now, she would have been furious.
He was careful to maximize the amount of warmth she would get from his dark body. She hadn't noticed earlier, but being this close she found that he had a pleasing aroma. Her smile grew a bit brighter again. What a night this would turn out to be. His kind voice reached her ears and the phrase was very much welcomed. "We should."
She would let him lead, and she would just try and keep close to him. Hopefully they would find a place quick avd she could focus on getting dry instead of getting warm. Though secretly she hoped that the keeping warm thing could last longer, she was probably enjoying the circumstance a lot more than she should have been. This nice piece of wolf flesh snuggled up to her, how could a she wolf not find it pleasant?

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-04-2013, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 10:44 PM by Cherokee.)

So wandering hadn't turned out to be so bad after all. It had lead him to stumble into Song after all. She was a small thing, very polite and genuinely happy, seemingly full of energy, ready to talk and let loose. She was kind of like the opposite of Cherokee. He was quiet, reserved, rather serious most of the time, though he never lacked in manners. There was just something about her that made him feel at ease, like he didn't need to be serious. He could just relax around her and have fun without worrying what he would look like in her eyes. Eyes which were very pretty as a matter of fact.

His mindful of where he placed his body, not wanting to pull it too far from hers, trying to transfer as much of his body heat to her as he could through their constantly touching bodies. He would feel terrible if she ended up catching a cold because of his thoughtlessness. Audits twitched in Song?s direction as she agreed. He took her agreement as his signal to move and he did so, bumping her gently in order to get to follow along. His movements were slow, controlled as he stuck close to the white dove's ?ide, two-toned gems scanning over the foliage around him, searching for suitable shelter. It didn?t take him long before he spotted what looked to be like an old badger hole. Motioning for Song to follow, he approached the hole, his suspicions confirmed. Stepping away from her for a moment, he poked his head inside, nostrils twitching as he scented the hole. The badger scent was stale. No creatures inhabited it, so they were safe to stake claim for the night. Although he pulled back, something dawned on it. The hole was rather small and only Song would be able to fit comfortably. You might wanna take a step back miss Song.

He gave her a warning before returning to the hole, forelimbs slashing at the dirt as he began to excavate it. The dirt fleeing beneath his paws reminded him of his days as a pup when he would dig holes in order to catch rabbits, only this time he wasn?t looking for rabbits. His powerful legs ate away at the soil, expanding the badger hole into a large den, suitable enough for the two to fit comfortably. By the time he was done he was a lot farther in than he?d started, his spine brushing against the roof of the make-shift den as he padded to the entrance. You may come in now if you?d like. he called out, turning to pad back inside, allowing his limbs to fold beneath him as he lowered himself onto the earth, spine resting against the back of the den, gaze fixated on the entrance as he waited for Song to come in.

Talk like this

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
06-04-2013, 02:31 AM

They moved aways from the beach, staying within the cover of the trees. They searched for a place to stop, but it was Cherokee who found the old badger's nest. It was tucked under the powerful roots of some old trees. Their twisting forms making the hole making a nice spot for the den. She was slightly concerned though, it seemed a bit on the small side. She was worried about getting herself into the confined space let alone she AND her black companion. Song needn't have worried. Cherokee was ready for that.
He left her for only a few moments, his large form intent upon clearing out enough space for the both of them. She had never seen anything like it. His huge form tore through the earth like it was nothing. She smiled at him, her knight in shiny obsidian armor.
While he quickly finished the cave, Song started to groom herself. She let her tongue push most of the excess water from her fur. This made life slightly more bearable being away from her heating pad. Before she could get much farther she could hear the ebony giant call out to her. Their shelter for the night was ready. Her alabaster paws brought her quickly within the entrance. As she looked upon the black wolf she noticed something that hadn't been there before.
There were butterflies in her stomach now. A shy smile crept upon her face as her legs curled underneath her. She gingerly slid next to him, hoping to cure the slight shaking that had returned to her limbs. She wasn't sure it was completely from the cold. "What a nice place to take refuge," her bell like voice complemented his work as she snuggled up to him.

Speech

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
06-04-2013, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 10:46 PM by Cherokee.)

Despite the ever creeping chill that was beginning to take hold of the land, Cherokee was able to tear through the earth like it was nothing more than water. His powerful paws ate through the barely frozen earth, sending it flying behind him, hopefully not hitting Song, given he'd warned her before she'd started. He was sure she wouldn't be too thrilled of being dirty on top of being soaked to the bone. He knew he personally wouldn't like that at all.

The chilled earth didn't provide much warmth, but as soon as the massive obsidian brute took up residence, his own body heat began seeping into the den, warming the once cold earth, hopefully making it more bearable for Song. He only had to wait a moment before she was stepping through the entrance, a shy smile curling her pretty mouth. Why was she shy all of a sudden? Had he done something to cause that? He could see that the shivering from before had returned and he was glad when she slid in beside him. She needed to warm up quickly and what better way than through direct body contact.

Her musical voice would drift up towards his ears, making him pull himself just a bit tighter around her, his crown hovering just above hers, debating whether to keep it to himself, tuck it atop her paws or rest it against her shoulders, plume draped across her haunches. I would suppose so. he answered quietly, struggling with how to place himself with her, not knowing how far he was allowed to go.

Talk like this