Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-19-2013, 10:59 AM

[Image: for_kaala_by_horseyarts-d65ipo9.jpg]

Kaala had decided to take a trip away from the pack. Adjusting back to family life was kind tough. Living rough for nearly a year was hard, but according back was proving tough. She loved them but she needed a break. She was traveling South West, past deserts and lakes. She finally made it to a decent place where she rested.
She yawned and sat down. She was near a border of another pack. She doesn't know which one, but she was far enough away to be unthreatening. There was a slight breeze and the sun was promising a warm afternoon, although it was starting to do in the sky. Kaala had caught a small rabbit earlier and she was just starting to eat it, mixing at the rich greslin belly.

Speech,

Thane

gems
size
build
player
05-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Dark gray paws lightly pressed against the fallen leaves giving off a satisfying crunch to be heard at each step. It was Autumn and come Winter after that. Ah, Winter, Thane's favorite season. His birth season and the season that reminded him of home, the Russian Tundra. Of course that life was gone now right. There were no more ties that bound him to that land...well there still were but no family. Perhaps one day he would go back but he would never leave Ookami and his children to be. With that thought white lined ears pinned against his head. Any day now their children would be born, but when? Thane hadn't even left the territory at all since he had learned that his beloved was bearing pups.

And with that came another responsibility. The pregnancy was affecting which made her quite sickly. The stress came back again as he tried to push it away again. No, just hunt. Today the brute would hunt for the pack and pick up something his beloved would hopefully be able to keep down. Perhaps there was a shrew around here hiding under the leaves.

The cool chill of the air made the male avert his aqua blue eyes to the sky. Hopefully it would snow. But he knew it would not for a while. With a small chuckle the male kept on walking as he listened to the crunch of the colorful fallen leaves. So much has happened since he had found this place. And now there was a lot more ahead of him.How good of a father would he be; would he ever aspire to be a father such as his own? Only Thane wanted be there long enough for his children and not have them witness his death as he did with his own. But was that life really behind him? The Forgotten Prince still?

With a shrug the brute continued on his way and found himself at the border once more. Thane stopped right before it not even daring to cross. With a deep breath he took in the scent of the air. A cool scent, of leaves, cool air, and...a wolf? Aqua blue eyes slowly looked for the wolf that he was sure he had smelt. Then did they land on a dame resting a ways from the border munching on a hare.

"Hello" he called out in greeting

"My name is Thane Tsarev, who might you be?"

Thane stood there with a friendly smile awaiting a response.

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-19-2013, 02:03 PM

Kaala stupid up at the seemingly friendly brutes greeting. Hello! I'm Kaala. Nice to meet you Thane. She started to pad towards the male, searching his face for any hints of a threat. She stopped about a meter away from the border with a smile on her face. She sat down and sighed when a pleasant breeze ruffled the fur on the tip of her black fur.
She had brought the hare with her. She sat it down in front of both of the wolves. Would you like some? Kaala asked Thane. She had eaten one yesterday and was plenty full. Sh nudged it towards him, always watching his face.

Speech,

Thane

gems
size
build
player
05-19-2013, 02:24 PM
White lined ears perked up as his aqua blue eyes settled on the dame. She looked quite young, perhaps a yearling. The femme smelt of a pack, Glaciem. That's where his old pack-mate Maka was wasn't she. Thane was glad she had finally found some family as did he.

The wolf introduced herself as Kaala. and offered to share some of the hare she had.

"Oh, I appreciate the offer but I must turn it down. I was actually going to hunt for something myself. Have you seen or smelt a shrew or two around here?"

The brute stood tall and proud until an eagles cry was heard. The brute averted his aqua blue gaze to the sky as he spotted a golden eagle.

The eagle circled around the two wolves before flying down and perching itself on the brute's shoulder. The eagle dropped a small shrew and a mouse from it's talons.

"Master Thane do you think this will be good for the mistress?"he asked.

Then the eagle turned towards Kaala; settling his golden gaze on the young

"Oh do pardon my manners, my name is Cyril" he said with a small bow.

"Yes Cyril I do think that will do. But the mouse I'm not so sure about for some reason. I think the shrew will be easier to keep down." he replied

"Oh and Cyril this is Kaala" he said.

"Tis a pleasure miss Kaala" the eagle replied

"Funny, I was just about to go and look for a shrew myself. But I appreciate the help Cy."

"do you know when they are due?" the bird eagerly asked

With a shake of his head Thane replied.

"No, I do not, but any day now I assume."

"I do apologize Kaala, these last few days have been rather hectic"

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-19-2013, 02:40 PM

Kaala was slightly taken aback by the sudden appearance of the eagle but quickly recovered. She coughed and said, Nice to meet you Cyril. As you've already heard my name is Kaala. I hope you don't mind me asking, but it sounds like you have pups on the way. Kaala sat down and licked her paws.
Cyril, please help yourself to this hare, I seem to have lost my appetite. I think I smelt a few shrew over there. She said pointing her muzzle towards a clump of deep grass. I would love to help you hunt.

Speech,

Thane

gems
size
build
player
05-19-2013, 02:52 PM
With a nod of his head the brute replied.

"Oh I don't mind at all, but yes I do. It's been a nerve racking few days and I'm just so happy to be a father to be."

Cyril then looked down at the hare as Kaala told him he could finish it for her.

"Oh, great thanks Miss Kaala!" he said before spreading his wings to glide down onto the hare as he dug his talons into the small animal. The bird then used his powerful beak to rip off chunks of meat.

With a small chuckle Thane averted his aqua blue gaze back up to Kaala as she mentioned some more shrews.

"Oh, yes that would be helpful. In my opinion they must be easier to keep down on a sensitive stomach right? But yes I also accept your generous offer as well."

The male also figure he would hunt for the pack as well. Surely as Lead Hunter he couldn't forget about the pack in all of this family stuff as well.

"Perhaps we can catch a few so I an bring some back for the pack if you don't mind."

"But I appreciate all the help you are showing as well Kaala."

Kaala

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-20-2013, 09:34 AM

Kaala nodded and smiled. I love pups. I wish them all the best. Now let's see about those shrews. With that last word, she set of to hunt in the clump of grass she signalled to earlier. A small rustling sound was emmiting from the blades, a small squeak and a trail in the bracken. Kaala pounced and pinned down the family of unaware shrews, unaware of course, until it was to late.
She finished their lives with a quick snap. She lay them down on the ground for Cyril.

Cyril! Could you take these to Thane please?

Speech,