Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-24-2015, 03:03 AM
Arcus would smile softly at her comment but not say a word. Instead, he lead her down to their rocky beach, hoping his family were all warm and safe in their dens. He didn't want any interuptions, especially considering that technically Shaye shouldn't be here. Well, he figured since she was a great friend of his (despite the fact that he knew so very little about her and knew her for so little) he could argue that he was here to watch her. But, that didn't matter much at this moment. Instead he'd step into the rocky waters, feeling the water join the rain in his coat. It wasn't much of a difference, but it was a slight different temperature. He'd look at Shaye suddenly, his gaze set and serious. "I need you to be careful, Shaye. Especially with the undercurrent. This isn't like a river." He honestly did not want to have to call Locha or his brothers to help him rescue Shaye. Arcus was not that big of a swimmer. So, with that out of the way, he'd lay himself in the shallow of the water, enjoying the feeling of the waves rocking and splashing over him. "Shaye, tell me a story. What's your home like?" He wanted to get to know her better, wanted to understand what made this odd girl tick and why she seemed to calm his storm so easily and effectively. Everything about her made sense and yet was a total mystery all at the same time.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
07-24-2015, 03:23 AM
Arcus would join her in the cold water, sticking to the shallow end which was all they needed with the rolling waves left over from the storm. He warned her to be careful and she moved closer to his side, unfamiliar with different currents outside of the stream she knew. It wasn't her first time at a beach but that had been in the past, at her father's old home and the waters had been tame. Well she liked adventure she didn't think half drowning sounded like all that much fun. She paddled in the shallow water, letting it wash over herself as she enjoyed the peacefulness of the quite pack and Arcus's company. Arcus would get her thinking however as he asked for a story in return, a real one about her pack. She settled in the water, looking thoughtful for a moment. "Home is wherever motif and shai are, which is in abaven a pack led by my uncle bass. Motif is moody and protective and stubborn but she loves fiercely. Shai is more tame, but more mysterious, subtle. And I guess now Vail is a part of all that. She's all like soft and squishy and you gotta be really careful with her. Everything about her is delicate and fragile." That was a concept shaye was still learning, she had been a big hardy pup who took easily to tumbles and never cried. "I guess that's not really a story, let me try again. Once upon a time a woman traveled far and wide and stumbled upon a cavern where she found the most beautiful man she had ever met. Entranced by him, they laid together and unknowing created a child. When she went back to her pack and realized that, she wanted to take the pup and leave it with the mysterious man, but in the journey they took to go back to that land they bonded as mother and daughter and even tho she still left her daughter with the man the decision ate away at her and she went back for her, and the man accompanied them until they became a family. Is that... story enough? " She asked with a giggle. It felt odd telling her history like that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Arcus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-24-2015, 03:31 AM
Arcus would listen quietly as she spoke with his intense attentiveness. Deep blue eyes would watch her, mainly to be sure that she was safe than anything else, or more so because he was intrigued. It took quite a bit to peak his interest, and ever since he met this girl she had peaked his. So he listened, ears perked, chuckling as she finished her explination and nodded to agree that no, that wasn't really a story. When she continued, however, he tilted his head slightly. Her mother and father must be..interesting wolves as well. He didn't know much about other families, he never met anyone really outside of his siblings that he had honestly and truley gotten to know. So as she explained her home and her family he couldn't help the small, fond smile to cross his lips. "Well, you are difficult to ignore." He teased, the joke rolling off his lips as he crossed his paws beneath the water, settling in a more comfortable position. "Your mother must be very strong..." He said softly. "And you, very forgiving. I couldn't forgive that easily." Which was true. He was having a very hard time handing out forgiveness, even to wolves that didn't need his scorn and hate to begin with. To those that he knew had just wanted to protect him and care for him. "You are much stronger than I am.." He said softly.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
07-25-2015, 03:32 PM

She stuck her tongue out at her best friend as he told her she was difficult to ignore. She wasn't sure if that was a compliment or a an insult, and treated it lightly. As they settled in the water and became more still the cold would start to effect the younger wolf. She shivered, and her teeth started to chatter. It was a cold day after all, the aftermath of the storm had lowered the overall temperature dramatically and now they sat still in chilled waters. Her attention wouldn't be on the cold however, it would be on the boy. He said her mother was strong, and that she had to admit to. Her mother was strong willed, Shaye should know – she had butted head with her mother on more then one occasion.

“I don't think its as simple as that. How we deal with things is just who we are. I guess your suppose to be more wild, more unpredictable, a storm. It spices things up a little for your family” she teased him “I'm no stronger or weaker being okay with the way my family formed” but all of that sounded far too serious and Shaye yawned, shaking her head in an attempt to brush away her chattering teeth.

"Burn Baby Burn"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.