size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
12-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Spider began to speak, as he spoke of healing his stutter fell away. He looked to her, and she could see he was hanging onto the support she mentally offered. She kept his gaze as he spoke, cheering him on internally, and offering him a warm smile. It didn’t pass her notice, that it was the herb she mentioned in question that the boy would answer. He had eleberated quite a bit on Vail’s answer, and she found it intriguing that he knew so much.

The change came over him instantly, like he realised how he had spoken up, how he had expressed himself without the effects of his fear. He cringed, flinched, and apologised. Shaye bit back her sigh, and gave him a gentle nudge in support “You did well” she encouraged him, before turning her attention back to Vail.

Her sister was doing well with the questions the others were raising, and seemed to enjoy the debate. She had asked for further questions, and Shaye kept quite this time, the decision had begun, and if everyone was satisfied or not with Vail’s answers they would speak out. She gave her sister a smile, and a nod, glancing also at Rhyme who was watching her and Spider.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
12-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Solor looked up at the woman he wished to marry, and saw her in her element. She looked calm and in control, her blindness no more a constraint here then it had ever been. She answered everyone's questions with confidence, assured in her knowledge, well also accepting the input of others. Solor might have no interest in a high rank, but he could see that vail was excelling where she was.

His tail gave a light eag behind him as he looked across at the wolves around them. He didn’t recognise most of the wolves speaking out, through he knew them all by name now. He saw Shaye as she comforted a shy member of the pack, who seemed confident for a moment before wilting.

She asked if anyone else had any questions, and Solor’s eyes trailed about the members once more to see who spoke out.

Arpeggio

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
12-06-2018, 08:15 AM
The woman verbally nudged her for her name, and Arpeggio answered absently, "Peggy," into the brief silence before the woman continued. She was more interested in the answer to her questions, but while she wasn't entirely satisfied with the depth of information provided, it didn't seem to be an outright dangerous herb so much as the information provided just seemed a little shallow. If it wasn't acceptable in all circumstances, shouldn't they be immediately taught when and how it was acceptable to use it if they were taught to use it at all? She chewed at her lip with her brow furrowed, but didn't speak up on the subject again.

But luckily, another of the strangers seemed to be knowledgeable in the use of that particular herb, and offered more in-depth advice on administering it. He seemed to shrink in on himself after offering it, though, so Peggy made it a point to try to catch his eye and smile at him. Spider, he'd said his name was. "Thank you, Spider, that actually helps me a lot," she said loudly enough for her voice to carry to him as she did. And it wasn't just to make him feel less self-conscious, either - sincerity threaded through her voice. Knowing the information he provided would let her make better decisions as a healer, and could potentially allow her to avoid accidentally harming a patient through lack of knowledge.

Her gaze went back to the plants, and her eyes fell on the marigolds. She knew the plant as calendula, though it might have been a different variety entirely from the one she'd known. She had a pretty good idea of the minor uses, but she knew that many herbs had multiple uses and wasn't sure how deeply her mother had been able to get into that particular herb in her training before she died. She cleared her throat. "Could you tell us some about the marigolds?"

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
12-06-2018, 08:48 PM

Spider spoke up with more confidence than she had expected from him, but she listened to his knowledge and filed the information away. She managed to smile softly in his direction as she heard her sister encourage the boy along with a verbal confirmation from Peggy. The girl would be much more confident in using the plant with such detailed information. Vail was thrilled with the amount of input offered.

Only one more real question popped up, the uses of marigold. Vail nodded in her general direction. Thankfully many years had passed since she’d had to use in on her skin. "One of my personal uses for the plant was an ointment for sunburns." Vail hadn’t planned to speak about her own experiences, let alone her own weaknesses. However, these were healers in training. They would do well to know about albinism. "With my complexion and pale fur the sun can be more damaging." She offered, "Drying the flower and mixing it with fat from your kills is easiest. It’s also effective as an antifungal and when made as a tea good for digestion."
""

Arpeggio

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
01-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Vail agreeably began to describe the uses of the marigold plants, and Peggy listened carefully to commit the uses to memory. She was also surprised to hear that Vail's pale skin and fur allowed her to burn easily in the sun, since Arpeggio herself was mostly white and hadn't ever had a problem, but she gave it a moment of thought, comparing herself to Vail. She'd never really thought about the fact that Vail had pink skin even around her eyes and lips, whereas Arpeggio being white but not albino did not. It was enlightening, and Arpeggio nodded thoughtfully.

As Vail concluded, Peggy stirred again, offering, "My mother showed me a plant that looked very similar to this one that she called 'calendula' that had a few similar uses, I don't know if it's the same plant or not? She said it was used for..." Her eyes went distant for a moment, retrieving the distant memory. "Different forms of inflammation, muscle cramps, and speeding recovery for wounds that were slow at healing. It's supposed to help with uhm... with menstruation, too, though I'm not sure how." She went a little pink at the ears, sharing that in front of the group's males, but pushed on. "I'm sure there was more, she said it was a very widely useful herb, but we mostly used it for inflammation and wounds so I'm not sure."