size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019
08-18-2019, 07:31 PM
She agreed that she wouldn’t much be able to sleep next to the frozen spring, but he hadn’t expected her to ask where he thought she should make her sleeping spot. ”Um, well.” He sat back on his haunches, unsure since he didn’t really know the den well at all yet. Wherever she slept he felt like he needed to be next to her. ”I don’t believe that decision is for me to make, but when you decide I would like to lay nearby.” Saying that he wanted to be beside her seemed like crossing a boundary.

”Of course, your grace. It would be my pleasure.” Gathering herbs would be a breeze of a task compared to what he might have been forced to endure if he had been placed into the hands of a more cruel master. Lucretia was sweet, and didn’t seem like she would need to demand much from him. ”I’ll follow your lead.”
Hello, my name is BOURBON
I belong to Lucretia Maxima Klein
If Found Please Return to Ashen

Mother Nature

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
NPC
08-18-2019, 10:53 PM
It's a stampede!

In the distance, a rumbling is heard. Perhaps distant thunder? It couldn't be, it is far too consistent and getting louder. Before there is much chance to respond, a herd of deer begin to trample the area! It's a stampede! The deer herd seems to actually be two combined herds and they all rush towards Faller's Fjord. They will be gone quickly, but not before trampling everything in their path.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-19-2019, 12:34 PM
Luce nodded pertly in response to his bold request. She would permit it. Once a better place to sleep was located... Although she would miss the medicinal smell of her work area, she considered that it might be time to separate her home from her job. There were ample other spaces for dens in Ashen territory. If Bourbon was going to be a frequent resident, maybe it would would be best to choose a space together. It struck her as incredibly intimate task and she pushed it out of her mind.

Just as he agreed to follow her lead, a thrumming began underneath her paws. She could feel it all around her. Lucretia tensed and began to shake - it reminded her terribly of one of the battles she had survived in the final days of the former Klein Empire. Rivals had driven a herd of deer through their last stronghold to divert attentions as they began their raid. With her heart in her throat, Lucretia sank to the ground, panting heavily. It was all she could do not to scream. Her ears were folded flat back against her skull and her eyes were wild and haunted as the deer pounded over the top of the den.

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-19-2019, 03:19 PM
The dog couldn’t help but wag his tail as she nodded in affirmation of his request. Lucretia didn’t offer an answer on where that might be, but work came first. They needed to start working on herb supplies sooner rather than later. He didn’t know her thought process, but he had little intention of trying to sway where she wished to stay. It was not his place, and he would have been happy in a tree if that was what she wanted.

Bourbon felt his ears perks as he felt the earth around them start to shake, the collie perked himself as his gaze made to search for the cause. This wasn’t an earthquake. Once he realized it was deer he relaxed slightly, they could still have a cave in. Bright blue eyes returned to Luce, surprised at how nervous she looked. ”Lady Lucretia.” He muttered worriedly as he raced to her side. He pressed himself against her and aimed to lick her chin comfortingly. A soft whine escaped his lips before he nuzzled her cheek. Bourbon’s tail wagged gently against her hips as he tried to comfort her fears.

”We have to get to safety.” He whispered, unsure if he would be able to convince her to shift from her place.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-19-2019, 09:18 PM
Bourbon's soft touch and kisses barely roused her from the depths of her panic. It was all too real. Just like before. The pounding over their heads grew louder as the deer approached. "help!" she screamed all of a sudden, her limbs jumping to attention. Lucretia lurched to her feet, her eyes wild. She swung her head from side to side, perceiving some invisible, long-gone threat. "they have us surrounded!"

She stared ahead, lost in the past, then bolted for her inner chambers. Luce ran on instinct and memory. Deeper into the cave, the sounds echoed loudly. The inner chamber was hewn directly from stone, worn away by the water pooled in its base from long ago. She splashed through the water and collapsed on the platform at the center of the room, wet and cold. As the hoof beats resounded through the ground and stone she wailed and screamed.

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-20-2019, 11:11 AM
Bourbon was more convinced his mistress was suffering from some kind of hallucination brought on by the thunder of hooves above them. Despite his efforts she remained in the fog, and jumped up from his side suddenly before calling for help. Before he could convince her from her stupor she raced deeper into the den. Bourbon was quick to follow behind her, loyal, worried, and knowing she was not in her right mind.

Ears pinned to his skull and tail low as he approached, Bourbon made his way to Lucretia’s side. Head low, the dog tried to press himself as close to her as possible, and though she cried he’d seek to wrap his paws around her neck and hold her larger form tightly to his chest. ”Shhhh…” He wished he’d thought to grab some lavender before wrapping himself around her. ”Lucretia, you’re safe. Nothing can get to you here.” He tried to wrap his neck around her own, shielding her from outside forces with his own body. ”Not while I’m with you.”

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-20-2019, 03:35 PM
The noise came to a crescendo and Lucretia stilled completely, barely registering Bourbon's presence at her side. Her ears were pressed flat against her head and her eyes were screwed tightly shut. "we're surrounded..." she whispered hoarsely. Nothing can get to you here. Not while I'm with you.

As the pounding hooves faded, her body slowly began to relax. Luce's muscles had tensed so tightly while she was panicking that her whole body was sore. It felt as if she'd run miles and miles; it ached. Slowly, her eyes opened and she refocused on the dimly lit interior of her den. The warmth and smell of Bourbon was all around her. It was... nice. "don't move," she said quietly. "please..." Logically, she knew that she could use some lavender, chamomile, and gingseng to perk her back up, but she was unwilling to send Bourbon away to fetch the items. He was smaller than her, but somehow bigger and braver than she could ever be.

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-20-2019, 04:22 PM
Despite Lucretia not being able to really acknowledge him Bourbon wouldn’t let her go. She didn’t sprint away again, but didn’t relax until the hooves had faded either. He could tell by her quickened breath how exhausted she was. He honestly didn’t expect her to talk again until after she’d worried herself to sleep. He was surprised when she relaxed and her eyes opened without the wild look they’d had earlier. Bourbon risked another comforting kiss now that she was likely more aware of how many boundaries he’d crossed.

The dog started to pull away but he couldn’t help but to follow her command. A soft when would leave his lips as he held onto her more tightly. ”I wont.” He promised as he nosed her ear affectionately. ”Not until you tell me to.” He assured her with the same honest oath. ”Are you alright, my lady?” He continued while aiming no nuzzle into her neck.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-21-2019, 12:19 PM
There was no coming back from this. Luce cursed her own weakness. If she was supposed to be his master, he would only ever see her as a weak, sad thing. Hardly worth someone obeying. Had she ruined Deathbelle's gift before she even had a chance to appreciate it? Would he turn out flippant like Zee? Ugh, the horror.

Luce folded her ears and looked away in embarrassment, but she accepted what affection he gave freely. At least she could enjoy this before he took a different master. That's how it worked, right? She had to be worthy of his obedience... and she clearly wasn't. But still, there was work to be done. Work came first. "we... should get to work, yes?" Lucretia slowly rose to her feet, shaking a bit. She was unsteady but determined. "let's head to the Fern Gully, plenty to gather there." Without waiting for him, she slowly disentangled herself and made her way towards the exit. Work came first. Always.

"lucretia mutters..."
[Image: eris-sig-gif.gif][Image: theo-sig-gif.gif][Image: idalia-sig-gif.gif][Image: dag-sig-gif.gif][Image: rags-sig-gif-1.gif][Image: luce-sig-gif.gif][Image: calamity-sig-gif.gif]

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-21-2019, 03:26 PM
As she slowly returned to herself she seemed to more heavily realize his transgressions. She looked away from him in disappointment and Bourbon’s ears pinned to his head as she stood and told him they needed to get to work. He hurried out of her way so he might not inconvenience her, he refrained from offering his shoulder for her to lean on, knowing he’d already crossed so many boundaries and he had only just met his new mistress. ”Yes, my lady.” The collie offered her humbly as he took to his feet as well and quickly paced after her. Hoping that he might be able to redeem himself when they collected their herbs.