Para

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-08-2014, 04:53 PM

[Image: aafzlv.png]

So many wolves had come to gather, he had never seen such a mass in his entire life time unless there was a battle back at home. As they gathered in a half circle and others began to introduce themselves with simple herbs. He figured he would do the same. Flexing muscles would move forward to the middle of the circle, he did not smile. After all, he wasn't entirely a nice man as much as anyone would want him to believe he is. Flicking his white tipped tail the brute would clear his throat before scanning over the others to speak. "I'm Devin the new healer of Glaciem, but I could say to consider myself a veteran healer." he introduced himself. His deep tones like a demon washing over this rather light crowd as it seemed.
"Earth smoke is a herb that can be used for liver illness. Though it also can treat all sorts of skin conditions if you apply it right. Ingesting too much can cause diarrhea. It's a small purple looking plant with pink plumes, grows plenty in light, sandy areas with low elevation." Devin would dip his head after his presented herb and return to his spot in the circle. While trying to avoid contact with anyone, sometimes he hated wolves.

-chghrthr

? ? ?

cait at btn

Kassander

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
07-09-2014, 08:39 AM

Kassander listened, rapt, as the healers took turns detailing different herbs and methods of using them. Some he knew, some he didn't. The metaphorical spotlight moved along the semi-circle they'd formed, until finally... His eyes turned instinctively, expectantly to Katja sitting next to him. The black-masked alpha just raised a brow at him though, and he blushed, realizing that she wasn't even a healer, she was just there to babysit him. That meant... it was his turn. The realization, looking around to see all those faces looking so expectantly at him, made his stomach drop. His ears and tail - previously raised in excitement - drooped. "Uhm... I... I'm just a student," he stammered. "I don't have anything to share." They were all so good at what they did, at what he wanted to do, that he just wouldn't be able to compete with that, plus he hadn't even thought they'd call on him so he hadn't thought of anything. He'd be a failure and an embarrassment and... Shrinking back, he allowed the attention of the others to move to the next wolf.

"Talk" "You" Think

Lior

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
07-10-2014, 06:27 PM
The girl was quiet as she trailed into the healer meeting that had already begun, just as Kassander finished speaking. He was another of the pups training to be a healer in her pack of Ebony, and she would look to Katja, the viking woman who had taken it over, before settling slightly behind and beside the other male. She was quiet, gaze looking to all of the others who were gathered. ?Sorry I?m late... I just want to listen in, if that?s okay. I?m Lior, from Ebony.? She had gotten distracted along the way, and the reason for it was clear enough by the flowers at her paws.

[Image: lior_by_reflectedmemories-d8khd2n.png]

Ellis

gems
size
build
player
07-10-2014, 06:30 PM

"Go and Wander." Said my heart.

...and so I would wander.

Orchid would come beside her, the healer that Ellis looked up to within her pack. The other woman had been a blessing, and Ellis was grateful to work as a healer under her. "Thank you, Orchid. That is appreciated." The female was thinking about what herb to present when the ring began to move forward with each wolf presenting.

As the ring of wolves would shift to her turn Ellis would step forward, a gentle smile on her lips as she looked around at them all. ?So far every healer has provided a wonderful attempt, and it seems that those who are learning are doing well enough by making the attempt to be here.? The woman would say, flashing an encouraging smile at Kassander. It never hurt to try and learn, after all, and the woman certainly didn?t mind that he didn?t have anything to share. He could still learn from all of the others.

Now Ellis would look to the others, settling on the herb she wished to discuss. She would gently nudge Orchid, giving her a smile. "Seems I might not need help this time. I spy an herb that I want to talk about." Not that she didn't appreciate the help. She would then settle, raising her voice so that she could speak to them all. ?A useful and common herb around these parts is Marigold, the same plant that the young girl there,? She motioned to Lior. ?Has gathered. Identified by its bright red-orange-yellow leaves, it?s leaves can be applied to treat burns and cuts, as well as insect bites and stings. Its leaves, when chewed, can be used to ease gum pain and sore throats. They grow best in moist, loamy soils, just as a heads up.? The female would step back, gaze flicking to the other present wolves.

"Speech"
"Settle down." Said my heart.

...and so here it was I would settle down.

Orchid I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-15-2014, 06:14 PM

The meeting was well under way at this point and Orchid listened to all that was being spoken, she knew she stood to learn here as well since she had never been at such a meeting before. Well she already knew a great deal on herbs and poisons there was also a great deal she did not know ? Pregnancy for example was something she had thus far learned on the fly. A lot of the common herbs had already been spoken for so she had to dig deep in her medicine bag to find something knew. In the end she would pull out Trillium. ?Here's a herb I've had to use a few times, it's called Trillium and its main use is to clean out injuries. Its something I would highly recommend for bad cuts, or cuts that have been left untreated, this can help prevent infection, poisoning in the blood. A minor use, Much like Elli's Merigold here is that chewing small amounts will ease ease childbirth and tooth aches? she would explain, and with that the Lead Healer would nod her head to Bass, the leader of this group well they stood on his lands and return to her place beside Ellis

WIP: until I find out if Keno missed my speech to her or Ellis is just ignoring her xD

Walk "Talk" Think

Sorel

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Novella
07-18-2014, 01:28 PM

The majority of the wolves that present were strangers to him, it was a fact that Sorrel wasn't exactly fond of if he was honest and the young boy found himself longing for his mother's company. He would remain close to Novel however, the one familiarity here and sole comfort for that reason. One by one the various wolves would begin to speak, offering facts about plants and their healing properties. The knowledge was all new and no matter how worried he was, the boy tried his hardest to take it all in eager to learn, it would be nice to be able to demonstrate his skills to his mother later.

Every wolf would have a turn to speak and eventually eyes would settle upon him. He was expected to speak as well?! The idea was outrageous in his mind and he did dare say a single word, not even an explanation that he was still learning and couldn't offer and help to others. Instead he would simply shake his head firmly; no he wasn't speaking and no he had nothing to say anyway.

Callisto

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Anais
07-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Walk | Talk | Think

They were the last to arrive, the last to take their seats amid the gathered wolves, and to her relief Max ended up showing up there at her side. She glanced sidelong at him, something akin to a smile within her eyes even if it was not upon her lips, but she said nothing in greeting, returning her attention to the gathering quickly. The apparent leader of the group - the man who had summoned them all there - wasted no time in calling things to order, introducing himself, his pack, and their intended lesson. Callisto listened closely and did as he ordered them to do without hesitation, situating herself between her fellow Ebony pack mates and Maximous at her other side within the half circle. Seated there, she felt an odd thrill at being surrounded by so many other healers like herself. So much knowledge surrounded her, and she hoped beyond hope that she might learn it all.

Before she even realized it, the wolves who sat around her began to speak, one by one taking their turn and introducing a particular plant that they thought useful. She was a sponge soaking it all in, committing the new information to memory and willing it to stick as she ignored the bits she already knew of. In particular the women who spoke of poisons stood out to her, and she paid particular attention to them, wondering if it would be at all possible to speak to them either after the meeting or at a later time. She might never have had a need for poisons up until this point, but the thought was intriguing to her nonetheless. And what kind of healer would she be if she did not know everything at her disposal?

There was so much that she had to wade through that she almost did not realize when things had finally gotten back around to her. She blinked her silvery blue eyes and cast a quick glance around, silent even among peers who all held the same interests as she. Rather than make herself speak, she merely turned her head toward Max beside her and muttered softly below her breath, "Go ahead." He was better at this sort of thing anyway.

Maximous

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
07-29-2014, 11:48 PM

The man would sit quietly, even when Callisto looked up at him with smiling eyes. Her greeting had held no words so he simply smiled back at her, rather than interrupting the wolf who had called all of them together. Everyone, excluding the students, had given a small piece of their knowledge and silently he would watch each of his student's reactions to everyone's input.

Callisto's reaction to poisons caught his attention far better than the reactions of Lior and Kassander's had. Her interest seemed to spike more at the mention of the dangerous plants than it had to things like trillium. So when all grew silent and all eyes were on his student his original plan to speak of White Willow Bark had changed.

Quietly she would pass the spotlight on to him, and he would smile knowing full well that she was still absorbing everything that was being said. "I am Maximous, born to the nomad pack and an Eir, or healer, of Ebony." His voice would project out over the crowed just as a teacher's voice naturally would.

The tone in his voice was friendly yet far from boring. Introductions of himself were given quickly and almost immediately he would move on to the task at hand. "Wolfsbane, not only a herb used for medical reasons but also a very dangerous and very deadly poison, is a rare plant to find. Most use it as a poison, but in small doses it can be used as a sedative to reduce fevers and even offer pain relief. Again it is extremely poisonous and must be dealt with carefully. The herb that duals as a poison can be found in the mountains and rocky soil."

With that his miniature lesson was complete and his eyes moved to the next wolf and a small nod was given to let them know that he was finished before moving a portion of his attention back to Callisto so that he could see her reaction to his herb of choice.

My other characters are Kathleen, Ravine, Soleil, and Phoenixa(not all are currently active)