size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
11-05-2019, 02:44 AM
The resolve in his eyes matched his tone and Iolaire have a nod. "Okay. Here we go." Flipping up the front of her pack, the dark woman got to work. She pulled out herbs left and right, intent entirely on her task. Once the selected herbs were in front of her, she began measuring them out. Now she spoke with him, explaining what would happen. "My father suffered from night terrors so I've always had a bit of an interest. The crone that introduced me to herbology had trouble sleeping. Together we developed this mixture."

Having measured out the proper dosage, she placed the herbs upon a flat, slightly bowl shaped rock that she pulled from her pack. Another was taken out and she used it to crush and mix all of the herbs together. "This should deliver a deep, dreamless sleep. In the morning you'll most likely be groggy, but you'll get as much sleep as your body needs." She pushed the dish towards him. "Eat up."

Iolaire wouldn't be too far. As his physician, she would observe what she could and asker her recipe as needed. She was confident, however, that this would give the giant a modicum of relief.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
11-05-2019, 08:16 PM
At his agreement, the healer was quick to whip something together. He stayed seated, patiently watching her, and doing his best to keep the weariness from his eyes. He wouldn’t have even considered it, if he hadn’t attacked Zee not once but twice. He was a menace, and he needed to get that sorted.

“Your father is welcome to his demons.” Sirius said dryly as she spoke of the man and his terrors. Perhaps he believed the demon he believed controlled him was also in his dreams. Who knew, who cared, other then to file it away. Once could never have too little information on their enemies.

She propped the dosage in front of him, and he looked down on it with a degree of weariness. He didn’t know how certain ‘dreamlessness’ would be. He realized also that he would not be able to arise if danger came their way. Alas, the only way onwards was forward. “Perhaps you should go into Ashen territory for the night, to be safe” he said, as he worked up the nerve to down the medicine. He made a face, calling for Marshal and Bast as he waited for it to kick in.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-06-2019, 12:50 AM
Sirius consumed the concoction and Iolaire collected her dish, sliding it back in her pack. He spoke, saying that she might want to leave. The small woman wrinkled her nose and scoffed. "Perhaps I shouldn't." She then began to elaborate, knowing that he would argue. "If we're going to beat this, I need to know if the dosage works. I need to hear if you're restless." With a sigh, she tapped his large paw with her small one. "I won't be near so you needn't worry. Marshal and Bast can help me keep an ear out."

Iolaire sat down hard, signifying that this was the end of it. Though he was the warlord and she was in his service, she wouldn't be swayed. That was something that he'd need to get used to. He was important to her. There would be times that she would go against him for his own good, but she only did it out of love and concern.

"Let me know when you start to get tired. Take to your bed and I'll leave you to it." Iolaire was very confident in her skills with sleep aids. He should have no dreams and wake up feeling a little groggy. While he slept, she would keep watch from afar as promised.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
11-06-2019, 01:06 AM

He stilled as she spoke of keeping an eye on him, even saying she wouldn’t be near, he didn’t lose the weariness in his gaze. She tapped him with a paw, and he withdrew his own titan limb, still regarding her with old, solemn eyes.

Marshal appeared then, and Bast wasn’t too far behind. He ignored his companions in favour of staring down the Vipress. He could already feel the effects of the sleeping drought gripping him, but he would fight the effects right up until he succumbed to them.

Io before him took a seat, staring him down with an equal level of pigheadedness. He growled softly at her, bearing a fang, lifting himself up until he towered clean over her. His dark blue eyes were cloudy, like a sea at storm. His snarling grew. “I have almost killed the one I loved, why do you think you would be safe?” he asked her, staring her down, before snorting and shaking his head. Who was he kidding, Io was yet to be afraid of him, she wouldn’t start now. “Bast, Marshal, don’t let her near me” he ordered, his voice still held a snarl. He didn’t need to tell her his anger was for her safety, she was clever enough to see it. Without another world, the Tyrant turned, and stalked away from her.

He arrived to his den, reaching just outside the door before the effects he had been fighting kicked in, he collapsed just outside the sleeping spot, and heavy snoring began to emanate from his form.

"Speech"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

11-06-2019, 06:49 PM
His gruff tones were wasted on her. She knew exactly what she was doing. What she was not doing was leaving him unattended. When the giant ordered his companions to keep her away, she released a sigh of exasperation. For some reason, Io felt a kinship with the beasts as well. She was pretty sure that she could talk them out of the command. However, she'd given her word that she wouldn't come close and she would stick to it. It would be sound observation only.

She watched as he stalked stubbornly away, but could see his physical resolve deteriorate. Soon the concoction had him prone and snoring away. With a small sound of approval, Iolaire turned and moved away. She had promised that she wouldn't be close, and she wouldn't. The woman slid herself between two resting palms, curling into as tight of a ball as she was able. She wouldn't sleep tonight. She would listen and observe. The cat and the bird could keep her company during her night time vigil.