gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
04-13-2023, 10:54 AM

Ochitsuki Ishii's life had been turned upside down. Her family was dead, one of whom had died by her own paw. Honor had demanded it. With her father's kingdom in shambles and all of his supporters having been slain or turned, there had been no place for the monochromatic woman to go other than out to sea. For the sake of her own life, the last remaining Ishii boarded a ship and made her way across the roiling waters, following the tail end of a story. It could very well be a myth, but it had been said that Hattori Hanzo, son of her father's friend, had settled on foreign shores. Having met the man once or twice in her youth, Ochi hoped that he might grant her sanctuary. But did she need it?

After the ship sank and the slender woman washed up on shore, she had been found by a wolf named Kotori. He had welcomed her into his pack so that she could rest and heal. A bandage was still wrapped about her right eye, but she had a feeling that it would be able to be removed soon. The gash above it had closed, but the bandage was needed to hold the poultice in place that would prevent scarring. It had seemed important to the Valtan leader, so she acquiesced.

Her time in Valta had been peaceful and she had rested as intended. The fuzziness in her mind had ceased and Ochi was soon ready to travel. Kotori had bid her luck in her journey and, oddly, the woman had been a little hesitant to leave. If she stayed in Valta, did she need to beg for sanctuary from Hattori? If anything, it might do her well to see a familiar face and to share the news of her kingdoms downfall.

The directions that she had been given were spot on and the woman wasted little time in making her way south. A giant wall of bamboo rose up before her and Ochitsuki inhaled deeply of its familiar, earthly scent. The black and white fae then howled, requesting an audience. She found a patch of shade and seated herself, katana slung over her neck and shoulder. Would he even recognize her? She'd looked much different the last time they'd met.

"Speech"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
04-16-2023, 08:32 AM
Koi wolf howls were like that of any other, a howl. And yet it was easy for Hattori's ears to notice that the voice calling for him was from a native from Nihon. There was a familiar lilt in her voice, a certain tone that came with the low and soft nature of their language. He pushed his way through the thinner bamboo shoots, ears perked as his brows furrowed, wondering who it could be. As he emerged from his bamboo fortress he slowed to a standstill as his silver gaze, glowing in the shade roved over her form. Her monochrome form did not spark sudden recognition in the Kaicho, but there was a niggling thought that he knew this woman, even if only in passing since he had met and known so many back then. Pondering on it for a moment longer, he offered her a shallow nod in greeting. She had the perfect mannerisms of a true lady, held herself with dignity without coming across as too prideful. Even with her bandages she had an air of grace to her, certainty in the path she had decided to take.

"I am Hattori, Kaicho of Tojo-kai. What do you need?" For he assumed she had sought him out for one reason or another. He had a feeling what she wanted of him wasn't material, but if she wished to converse then he was content enough to listen.
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Ochitsuki

Tojo-kai
Chinpira

Intermediate Fighter (45)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
04-17-2023, 10:03 AM

The man arrived both promptly and silently just as Ochi had expected. The colorful giant approached and she noted the way that his pale eyes looked her over before he finally addressed her. Ochi couldn't blame him for not remembering her. It had been a long time ago that they'd met. Snowy ears shifted forward as he waited for her reply. Despite his position of power, the woman's blue eye never left his face.

"I am Ochitsuki Ishii," she informed the man, her tones soft, yet clear and precise. "My father was Shogun of a province allied affiliated with your own." Their fathers had been friends and allies. Things had gone awry with Hattori, but Ochi wasn't privy to the details. It didn't matter anyway. In this world, the man was the only tie that she had to her homeland.

Though she would ask for charity from him, the air of confidence never left the black, white and grey fae. "My father's kingdom was taken. My whole family slain. I would have joined them had I not been able to escape." Some thought that escape was cowardice, but there was no shame in the woman for protecting her own life so that she could thwart the usurpers by keeping the Ishii line alive and well. "I sought you out to ask for sanctuary, Hattorisan." Only then did her gaze shift, looking back towards the north where Valta lay. "Danger could follow me, so if you are unwilling, there is another place where I may be welcome."

"Speech"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
04-24-2023, 08:38 AM
It was true he hadn't recognised her at first sight, unless a kois markings were truly remarkable it was often quite difficult to differentiate one clan's markings for another. But the same could not be said for her name, he indeed recognised it and offered a polite nod in return, in recognition of her status and the affiliation between their families. Though he no longer considered his actions in service of the Iga clan, the Hattori name was still very important to him and thus he would carry on and serve its best interests. Be it through actions or words.

To hear that her clan had fallen, yet another in a long list of names slashed in the name of power and rivalry. It wasn't uncommon for legacies to rise and fall like the passing of seasons, but the fact she was now the lone survivor brought a frown to Hattori's features. Her name had meant something and now it was reduced to ash, something to look back on with pity. So much potential lost.

He could see why she had come here and for the most part Hattori did not turn away visitors, certainly when their story was so familiar. But she mentioned she had somewhere else to go, and that ticked his curiosity.

"What of this other place? Do you believe you would be safe there?"
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Ochitsuki

Tojo-kai
Chinpira

Intermediate Fighter (45)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
04-27-2023, 05:32 PM

Ochi could see the emotions play across the mans face. First, the realization of who she was, which was followed by the sorrow of hearing that her line had been decimated with only herself remaining. It was a sad occurrence, but the proud woman refused to give up. It wasn't in her nature to admit defeat. She had run from her home in the sake of self-preservation, but she had not been conquered.

The horned man asked if she would be safe in this other place and Ochitsuki took a moment to consider the question. "The pack is called Valta, if you've heard of it. The alpha, Kotori, found me after my ship wrecked and I washed up on the beach. He cared for me himself and allowed me to recuperate within his territory without asking for compensation." Again the woman stopped to consider, never hasty in her words. The world could wait while she decided exactly what to say and what sentiments to relay.

Did she think that she could be safe in Valta? Kotori had definitely been kind. He had acknowledged her status and hadn't treated her differently because of it. The man had been kind and chivalrous. He'd welcomed her into his home to rest. Did she think that she could be safe there? Ochi sighed softly and gave her head a delicate shake. "Should the enemy care to track me down, I don't know that I would be safe anywhere," the fae answered honestly. "Kotori was very kind, however. The man has good character." She had come to Hattori out of a sense of familiarity and home, but it wasn't something that she needed. Ochitsuki supposed that the choice was hers to make.

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Warui shirase Bamboo Maze 10:54 AM, 04-13-2023 04:40 PM, 02-28-2024