An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
04-22-2023, 09:01 PM

Álarr fiddled with the straps of his pack, finally get it adjusted with the help of his raven, Brynhildr. Afi's birthday was coming up and he had his sights set on a nice basket which he would line with rabbit hide for the aging pallas cat. Álarr was no master basket maker. With Brynhildr's help he could weave crude baskets for sifting large debris when making clay but nothing like the basket he'd seen a loner with. He'd met the stranger on his trip back from Fern Gulley where the loner mentioned he'd bought it at the Armada's marketplace. Deciding it was time to let bygones be bygones he packed up a number of herbs and liquors and headed toward the marketplace.

When Álarr arrived it was early in the evening but there still seemed to be a good amount of activity. He paused for a moment unsure of the protocol but when he saw a man pass by with a cart of hides he followed in after the man. There were a number of vendors present and Álarr walked up to the nearest one. "Excuse me, sir. Do you know if the basket weaver is here today?" The man shook his head and didn't seem to know how to answer. Ah, well, he'd keep looking. If he couldn't find a basket maybe he could find something else his old companion would enjoy.

Andromeda

"Dreamer Of Improbable Dreams"

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

Master Intellectual (300)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - BisexualTeacherOverachieverDouble MasterStudentSamhain 2022
04-23-2023, 08:00 PM

After the talk with her father, Andy had swiftly made her way to the market. The girl roams from stall to stall, deciding which one she wishes to take over. As she passes a booth made up of various leather and woven baskets, she notices the worker is getting ready to close shop early. Offering to take over, the wolf is grateful for the chance to peddle their items without needing to be there.

After the wolf passes off the stall and gives her some instructions, the woman retreats and the girl settles in. Pale blue eyes roam the various wolves that shift in and out, the ever-changing sea of faces flowing steadily throughout the day. In the light of early evening, Andy spies a wolf who seems lost and she cheerfully calls out to them, “Hello! Can I help you find something?” A smile is on her lips as she ushers the wolf over, ready to offer directions or to sell them a basket depending on their needs. Her gaze lifts to the kudu horns that sprout from the male’s head and the girl’s tail wags lazily behind her.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Andy has an Eastern Chanting Goshawk named Aquila and two Snow Leopards named Leo and Gemini. They are always nearby.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
05-01-2023, 08:52 PM

Álarr continued walking, pausing occasionally to admire other goods, mainly to get ideas for his own crafting. Especially some of the more decorated ceramic pottery. He soon pulled himself away and focused on the main task at hand. As he went to the next stall a girl who also sported a pair of kudu horns called out to him, asking if he needed help finding something. He caught sight of a number of baskets and smiled at the girl. "I think you can, actually. I'm looking for a few baskets. One shallower and more open for gathering herbs and another to fit a large, fluffy cat. As a bed. Are there any options you'd recommend?" There seemed to be a number of possibilities and he was curious if she had any particular opinion.

Andromeda

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

05-04-2023, 08:16 PM

As she beckons the man over, Andy offers him a kind smile. He speaks, informing her he is need of baskets and the girl happily says, “Well you are in the right place! We have many different types of baskets. My name is Andromeda Fatalis.” Another, quick smile before she turns her head to glance quickly over some of the products. As she looks, the girl asks, “Okay, so, for the basket you want for herbs, do you want it to have handle or a leather strap so you can carry it around your neck? Here, I’ll show you a couple options.”

Knowing that he wants it for herbs, the girl immediately dismisses some looser and larger weaves, opting for a thinner, tighter ones. Carefully, she plucks two baskets off a nearby shelf and brings them to rest in front of the man. The first is a rather large basket with a long leather strap that will easily fit the male’s neck. It is woven from reeds and has lid with a slot in it. The second is made of thin willow branches, woven in a way that gives a comfortable base and slightly high sides. It is open, with no lid, and a thick handle, wrapped in leather, stands across the middle of it.

Looking to the man, she says, “Okay, so this one,” a paw gestures at the basket with the leather strap, “is a favorite among fishermen. The slot allows them to easily place fish inside without having to open the lid. Now, it doesn’t just have to only be used for fish. You could place your herbs through the slot without having to stop, put down the basket and so on.” Next, she points to the other basket, saying, “This is a more traditional basket and can be used for a verity of things. What do you think so far?” She smiles warmly while looking at the man.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Andy has an Eastern Chanting Goshawk named Aquila and two Snow Leopards named Leo and Gemini. They are always nearby.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
05-21-2023, 06:07 PM

Álarr's head tilted just slightly as the girl introduced herself as Andromeda Fatalis. No doubt a relation to Sirius. Either way he felt it only polite to return the introduction. "A pleasure, miss Andromeda. I am Álarr Imperialis of Avalon." He settled down to listen as she showed him various options. He leaned forward, carefully adjusting his head so his horns didn't snag on any of the hanging baskets. "They both look well made, I have to say I'm most intrigued by that fishing basket. I think that should work quite well and if need I can make some adjustments. What do seek for it? I have a few things I can offer." Álarr slipped his knapsack off his back and rummaged around before placing several tins and vials on the counter. "As a healer I have a number of teas, tinctures, and alcohols I can offer in trade. If there is a specific malady you need more supplies for I can offer something more specific."

Andromeda

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

06-18-2023, 06:27 PM

As the man gives his name, Andy bows her head in respect before bringing it up to offer him a warm smile. She pulls out two baskets, informing him of what the items are, while allowing the man inspect them. Álarr dips his head to avoid hitting his horns against the hanging baskets and the girl softly chuckles, saying, “I always forget about my horns until I hit them on something.” It is an attempt to keep the mood light and the conversation flowing as the normally quiet girl finds herself in charge of selling items. It is pushing her out of her comfort zone and she enjoys the challenge.

Álarr picks the fishing basket and Andy nods, saying, “Good choice! If you need help with any of the adjustments, we have a blacksmith that is great at leather-working as well.” Now came the haggling of prices and she tilts her head slightly at his offers. Humming a moment, the girl looks over the basket and tries to guesstimate its worth. Pale blue move back to the man, catching his vivid blue eyes and offering another warm smile as she says, “Well, we are a pack of warriors and that means a lot of spars with bumps and bruises galore. What do you say to two salves for aches and two bottles of strong alcohol for the fighters?”

Brows lift in question as she wonders if that is considered fair as she tries to guess what is fair payment. A thought occurs to the girl and she says, “Oh! For the basket for your companion, do you want one with or without a handle? Also, will you be putting furs in it for them to lay on?” A basket immediately springs to mind but she waits to hear his wishes before rushing off to grab it.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
07-28-2023, 05:12 PM

Álarr nodded in understanding, a soft smile on his face just tinged with sadness. When he was young he remembered exploring the briar with Pesto and get his horns tangled. It had been quite the expedition to get him freed. It had been well over a year since he'd seen his friend, possibly even years now. Despite the length of time the wound still stung.

He focused his thoughts back at the task at hand. The girl named the price and he nodded. "Yes, that is acceptable, one moment please." He wasn't much for haggling, particularly when the price seemed fair. He returned the items that would not be needed and grabbed an extra salve. Resting a paw on each item he briefly explained what each was, certain the Armada's healer could go into more detail on the uses. "I have a salve made from Calendula that should help with cuts, bruises and burns. This one is a Green Elder Ointment, excellent for bruises and sprains. As far as alcohol…" He pushed forward a small bottle of clear alcohol and one of a deep, almost black color. "The dark colored one is elderberry wine. Not particularly strong in the alcohol sense but a very potent aid for the immune system. The clear one is very strong alcohol, a type of moonshine. Personally I prefer to use it to make tinctures but you could drink it if you really wished."

Álarr chuckled as the girl asked if he wanted a basket with or without a handle. "Better have a handle on it so I can cart his furry butt to meetings when he's being belligerent. I do intend to line it with rabbit furs."

Andromeda

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-07-2023, 01:30 PM

As Andy names the price, the man fishes out the salves and alcohol, briefly explaining what each salve does as the purple girl hands over the fishing basket. He names the alcohol and she nods, filing away all the information as she takes the offered payment. With a smile, she says, “Thank you!” before moving on to ask about the basket for his companion. A laugh is given at the sentiment about carting his companion to meetings and she dips her horned head in understanding before turning to baskets behind her.

Humming softly, Andy glances over them before finding a large, conical shaped one with a thick, leather wrapped handle. Plucking it from it was hanging, the dusty lavender girl returns to counter to presents it to Álarr as she explains, “This type of basket is typically used to carry ingredients and such but, in your case, is perfect for charting around companions.” A smile tugs at her lips as she continues on, “It is made from two types of willow, one peeled and the other not, and is very durable. Plus, it is large enough to place several furs inside and still allow your companion plenty of room to curl up in.”

With that, she allows Álarr time to inspect the basket while she considers a price for it.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A Tisket, A Tasket, I Want To Buy A Basket Dreamer's Col 09:01 PM, 04-22-2023 03:57 AM, 02-17-2024