An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
wicked

04-28-2023, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2023, 03:03 AM by Kiriko. Edited 1 time in total.)

let's stick together just a little bit longer

She'd seen far too much blood from the Kaicho during the raid.  Though Kiriko didn't get a good look at it through the blur and the fog, through the racket in her head, through the combination in her head of freeze and flight, she'd seen enough.  More than enough.  With the rest of the warriors being tended to appropriately, the girl set about bundling herbs, clean cloth, and warm water.  Carefully balancing them, she moved through the bamboo to the alpha's quarters.  Kiriko had come to navigate it well, feeling almost like she belonged within it, now.  Almost.  

Pausing at the threshold to where she hoped she might find him, Kiriko called out softly.  "I am here for your wounds, if you'll allow me."  It was a request, maybe.  A healer's heart and keen eye, though, she was certain that Hanzo would need at least a bit of medical attention.  So here she was... medical and attention.  

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
04-28-2023, 09:36 AM
Hattori did not consider him hurt enough to require aid, but he thought better of denying it. His injuries were superficial at best, bruising and the like but if she thought a nice soothing tea would help dull whatever discomfort he was feeling than so be it. A serving of tea from any pack mate was welcomed, really, the Kaicho wasn't overly fussy. He settled beside her, allowing his silver gaze to rove over the supplies she had put together, from her own collection it seemed and not the communal medicinal reserves Sedna managed as chief healer. Did Kiriko simply prefer using her own, or had she not wanted to intrude?

"I am not wounded. Simply...discomforted."
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Kiriko

Loner

Master Healer (250)

Advanced Intellectual (85)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
wicked

05-19-2023, 02:44 AM

Hattori welcomed her in, something that she was grateful for. The bow of her head was polite, careful. All of her movements, for that matter-- polite, careful, practiced. Every interaction had a script, one that she had been trained to follow to the letter. Any deviation? That wasn't an option. Simply wasn't an option. It was for that reason, as well, that she had brought supplies from her own stash instead of the communal one. Allergic to intruding, as she is.

He speaks of discomfort, and Kiriko's ruby gaze roved Hattori's large frame. She's looking for swelling, looking for signs that could point to the origin of the discomfort. His paw is a source of concern, but she would ask, too. "What kind of discomfort... and where?" The words are soft, tone confidential. Weakness is dangerous, coming from an alpha. Discomfort wasn't weakness, but there's still enough to cause concern.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
05-29-2023, 08:42 AM
Hattori would have shrugged, if it wasn't unbecoming. He did not fancy the sour taste of medicine, but perhaps a relaxing cup of medicinal tea would do the trick. No harm in playing along with Kiriko, for now at least.

"My shoulder is a somewhat sore," He admitted, clearly quite pressed to put it into words. "Many seasons ago I broke my shoulder, it has healed well enough and does not cause issue and I would prefer to keep it that way."

The memory of that injury and the others that came with it was not a pleasant one, thoughts he did not linger on much at all, if he could help it. But he was well aware that he was not getting any younger, that issues like this had to be kept in check lest they spiralled out of control.

"If you feel as though I require treatment, I would take whatever you give me with tea."

Kiriko

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
wicked

05-29-2023, 09:36 AM

Kiriko considers each word as he speaks, thinking to herself as he does. Soreness in the shoulder, an old injury, and the soft koi creature knows enough to read between the lines. Though it doesn't cause issue, it's sore. In the healer's mind, this is an issue. Though their definition of issue is different, she's determined to sort him out. "May I?" Kiriko would wait for consent before reaching out to manipulate Hattori's troublesome shoulder. Walking the joint through the full range of motion with a gentle, practiced touch. Her gaze is careful, resting on his face as she does, looking for any signs of discomfort, any stiffness or soreness.

Satisfied with her findings, she takes a step back. "Though the bone is healed, the muscles that hold everything together aren't as strong as they were before the injury. I can give you herbs for the soreness and inflammation, but the best course of action long term will be specialized exercises to strengthen the muscle." Her tone is confidential, moving to add a cocktail of herbs to hot water. Allspice, rosemary, and lemon balm to help with the inflammation. Mint because it tasted good with the existing combination of herbs in the pot. "We can begin the exercise program tomorrow, if you would like. I need to prepare a few things that we don't have on hand." She explains, presenting Hattori with the tea.

"I will make some sachets of this mixture to leave with you as well, if it's to your liking and you find it helpful." Ruby gaze settling on Hattori's face, attempting to gage his reaction. "Does your paw give you any trouble?" Kiriko asks softly. A full missing digit was a fairly serious injury, though there was admittedly less she could do for that one. She wouldn't be surprised if she had to prod him for more information, given his reluctance to admit that his shoulder sometimes caused problems.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

05-29-2023, 11:27 AM
Hattori's ear flicked in distaste. Not from her touch, he tolerated that fine enough but he did not like the thought of his muscles weakening. Of him losing his edge. He was silent as she worked though, adjusting and shifting his shoulder, not to a painful extent but he did feel a slight tug. Like the pull of tensing a muscle when it wasn't quite ready. He thinks on her conclusion for a moment, wondering and having to resist the urge to deny her offer before he simply nods, feels no reason to fight over something like this. Of course, his word around here was final, for the most part, and like everyone else his autonomy over his own body was a given, but there was a degree of care to her manner and tone. Almost like his Mother, but different, painted red with a strength his own blood couldn't seem to gather.

"If that is what you think is best." It was the closest to submission he would get, allowing an expert to do her thing, so to speak. And as for his toe, he glanced down at it, made a thoughtful rumble in the back of his throat.  "It can be a little stiff, on occasion.." But to say it had given him trouble was a bit of an overstatement, he didn't even notice it half the time.

Kiriko

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
wicked

05-29-2023, 12:50 PM

The phrase domestic powerhouse might be an oxymoron, but here she is doing... that. There's tenderness in her touch, and dignity in the way she handles Hattori. Dignity. All of it is a matter of dignity. Autonomy, dignity, respect-- all of it. Though it was the same way she treated all of her patients, the red healer's movements seemed to carry even more weight here. At the tug, the sticking of the muscle, her suspicions are only confirmed. Stretching and strengthening would be on the menu, come tomorrow.

He agreed to exercising it, to rebuilding the muscle. She offers a dip of her head, with an earnest look in her eye. He was trusting Kiriko's judgement, and she wasn't about to let him down. The idea that the foot is sometimes stiff, that makes sense. "If you stretch in the morning and at night, it should prove helpful. Like this," Kiriko demonstrates. Holding one forepaw up, and then gradually stretching back, simulating the same movements that weight bearing would. "Though only one paw is affected, you should stretch all four for two to three minutes each. The others take on more stress to compensate for the one that's stiff." With the toe missing, she worries about the early onset of arthritis. Though he was scarcely older than Kiriko, it's her job to make sure he stays healthy for as long as possible.

"How do you like the tea?" The last thing she needs to check before returning to her den in preparation for the next day's work. If he didn't like it, she'd adjust the recipe before bringing him more.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

06-05-2023, 08:00 AM
He did use to do stretching exercises every morning along Ashen's beaches, but ever since his life had switched paths he hadn't quite gotten around to picking that routine back up. Hattori did understand the importance of it and nodded in agreement, thinking that in the grand scheme of things it was a minor sacrifice to make. He figured that since she was his medic, he ought to fill her in with a brief snippet of family history, it was important information after all and may help with aiding whatever treatments he might need in the future.

"As far as I am aware my family does not have a history of ailments that come with age. " No doubt due to the very selective breeding his lineage had followed, choosing the best traits and casting aside the worst. And his sire, distasteful man that he is and was did make a point of beating out the bad.

He thought on her question for a moment, he was quite picky about how he liked his tea. Tenshi made it to his tastes, would Kiriko follow suit?

"A slight hint of bitterness, but not overly sweet. " Hattori was not a man with a sweet tooth, even honey made him grimace a little.

Kiriko

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
wicked

08-07-2023, 10:48 AM

He speaks of family history, and Kiriko nods. It's important that he knows, it's important that she knows. "I will add that to my notes, thank you." Kiriko is unsurprised-- only the strongest, only the healthiest, only the hardiest into old age would be selected to have their genes passed on in the next generations in his bloodline. While her own lineage was a bit more checkered, Kiriko ended up in a similar situation. An imperial bloodline, mixed with a bloodline that profited handsomely on producing beautiful, disease-resistant women who would give the impression of youth long into their years.

"Will you tell me about your history of major injuries?" She settles near Hattori, no longer fidgeting with the tea. It was a bit bitter, but the sweetness she'd nearly hit the mark on. Kiriko would keep that in mind for the next batch. Her gaze is steady, unshakable as she watches Hattori. Curious. Yes, she's still curious about him. Though her line of questioning was purely diagnostic, the more she knew about Hattori, the better.

"Speech"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

08-07-2023, 12:04 PM
Hattori made a noise in the back of his throat, one that noted that he was thinking for a moment. The list of overall injuries was somewhat long, but those he considered to be major was considerably shorter. Barely even a list really. He glanced at her for a moment, gaze silver but dark, almost brooding in his usual aloof manner.

"Shortly before I arrived in Boreas I broke my shoulder, about three ribs." It had given him some trouble and had taken him longer to heal than he'd liked as getting here from Nihon was difficult enough without broken bones. Not that he'd outright intended to come here of all places, just away from there. "And I suppose," He hesitated somewhat, was it weakness to admit such a thing? "During the Long Night, my thoughts were not my own." He vaguely recalled the taste of blood upon his tongue, wolf's blood. He barely remembered a pelt of fire and darkness, a rasping voice and a kindness he had not deserved.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. error 404, wicked can't remember what the injuries were Bamboo Maze 03:02 AM, 04-28-2023 04:41 PM, 02-28-2024