An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-04-2023, 07:15 PM

Wylan’s world was starting to get a little bigger. They were finally allowed further then just the fenced off area in the woods around their home den. He could visit the Col and the Beach without an adult now - so long as he remained on good behaviour. It was his first time given free reign of the warrens, and he was almost at a loss on where to begin. He trotted along the open grassy plain for a time, before sticking his head into one of the caves.

He took in the scent of rock and slight dampness, as well as the scent of wolves. He cautiously moved a little further in. He didn’t want to invade anyone privacy, so he kept to the ‘corridor’ of the cave until he heard the sound of coughing in the cave on his right. He turned his head, sniffing the air some more. “Hello, are you okay?” He called out.

"Speech"

[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
08-20-2023, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2023, 01:41 PM by Gossamer. Edited 1 time in total.)

After everything that had happened in Ethne with Dagrún as well as the episode in the canyon Gossamer had been run down emotionally, physically, and mentally. It was no surprise when she caught a respiratory infection. It was more of a surprise when it evolved into bronchitis and though she was on the mend she still wasn't fully recovered. There was also a pang of guilt at having had to dip into the packs stores and so Gossamer sent out to rectify this. Autumn was a good time to hunt for Angelica root which had numerous uses but was especially good for cough.

She was packing her knapsack when a cough wracked her lungs. She swallowed sharply, ears flicking to attention at an unfamiliar voice. Gossamer pulled her knapsack onto her shoulders and peeked out her den entrance to see a small winged boy. Ah yes, that's right Mortis had had a litter. She hadn't had the chance to meet them yet. "Ah, yes. Just dealing with a bit of a chest cold. I was actually on my way to get something for that. I'm Gossamer."

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-21-2023, 08:24 PM

After a moment, a tall wolf peeked out from one of the dens. Their face like snow and shadows as green eyes landed on his purple ones. He immediately broke into a grin, padding a little closer. Taking her words as an invitation to meet and greet. “I’m Wylan! Are you my Auntie? Nearly almost everyone is my Auntie or Uncle” He explained, as if that would be news to her.

“Can I help? My mumma is a healer, I can help!” He said. Though his knowledge was extremely rudimentary, he was always keen to stick his nose where it didn’t belong, and be a part of something.

"Speech"

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
09-09-2023, 09:14 AM

Gossamer smiled gently at her young nephew, as he introduced himself as Wylan. "Nice to officially meet you. Yea, I'm another one of your many aunties. We have a very large family!" In some ways it was nice, there was always some one to hang out with but it could also be a bit overwhelming. Family gatherings were loud and crazy and any more it was difficult to keep up with all the additions and to really get a chance to know all her family members. Of course it didn't help that she tended to keep to herself.

Wylan seemed excited to help and she nodded. "Sure! I'm looking for the Angelica plant. It grows in a lot of places but likes fields the most. There should be some down in the valley." Gossamer slipped her pack over her shoulders and headed out her den, beckoning Wylan to follow her out into the fresh mountain air.

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
10-26-2023, 05:27 PM

“We do!” He agreed easily, his expression a warm grim as he looked up at the taller wolf. “Which Auntie are you, Auntie? And then people get married, and I get even more Aunties and Uncles. Do you have a husband, Auntie?” He asked her, the words spilling from his mouth without any sign that they would be stopping anytime soon. He had a lot of questions.

As he spoke, his Auntie put on a pack and explained what she was looking for. “I’ve never heard of the Angelica plant, what’s it look like? What does it do? Can you eat it?” The overly curious pup asked as he bounced along after her.

"Speech"

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

1KDouble Master
11-24-2023, 07:55 PM

Gossamer smiled gently. "You can call me aunt Gossy. My dad is Sirius and my mom is- was Zee." Her voice faltered slightly but she swiftly carried on. "No, no husband for me. I'm not really interested in ever getting a husband." Now that she had several years of life to reference she was becoming more and more sure that she just wasn't interested in men and probably never would be. Course, she had her eyes on a woman from another pack but that was a whole other tin of worms to be bringing up with her young nephew.

"Angelica is about 3-4 feet tall, with bright green leaves that are reddish-purple at the base. Unfortunately, it won't be flowering so we can't look for that. Instead, follow your nose. It has a sweet, musky scent. What we want is the root. We can make a tea out of it that can help wolves who are coughing. It makes a cough more productive, meaning its easier to cough up mucus from the lungs."

Gossamer, paused, scenting the air before shifting course. "Here we go, this is angelica. Give it a sniff! Then we can start digging down around the base to make it easier to pull up the root."

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
12-08-2023, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2023, 08:18 PM by Wylan. Edited 1 time in total.)
Auntie Gossy! Wylan beamed up at the older and taller wolf at the knowledge of this new name and face. He very much loved his Auntie and Uncles, and Gossy was immediately loved by him. He didn’t really notice the falter as she mentioned her own mother, he was too easily excited and swept up by it. “What about a Wife, Auntie Gossy?” He asked next, or did she not want one of those either? He wasn’t sure if he wanted a husband or a wife, either! Girls didn’t like guts, and boys were smelly.

She gave him a description of the plant they hunted for as they walked. Or rather, as she walked, and he bounded and bounced beside her. As he jumped into the air, he flared his wings and landed lightly on his paws. He obediently sniffed the plant as it was presented to him, and then proceeded to sneeze. “Musky!” He agreed, having no other reference for the word. He immediately shot forward, and stuck out his nose, sniffing at the ground around them.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

1KDouble Master
01-07-2024, 03:24 PM
ooc: Sorry for the wait!

Gossamer nearly choked as Wylan mentioned a wife, Dagrún's face flashing in front of her eyes for a moment as heat rose to her cheeks. "Oh uh well, I mean maybe… some day." In all honestly she'd assumed she'd just be single all her life and had planned on that. Her recent friendship and budding romance was entirely unexpected. She was a planner and now that her plans had been interrupted… how did she go about changing them?

The boy took a sniff of the angelica, noting the smell of it. She smiled at the boy. So full of energy! Where had all her's gone. "Bless you! Now comes the fun part. We dig!" She stretched out her paws and started digging around the plant, pausing every so often to tug and wiggle at the base of the plant with her teeth. As they dug more and more of the root would be exposed and when about half of it showed Gossamer gave a good tug and pulled it out of the ground. She set it down. "And there we have it, Angelica Root. I like to grate and dry it so we can use it for longer, otherwise it spoils really fast."

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Playing Doctor Dreamer's Col 07:15 PM, 08-04-2023 01:00 PM, 03-24-2024