gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze Participant
08-14-2023, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2023, 10:10 PM by Lorikeet. Edited 1 time in total.)
Lorikeet had always had a weakness for pretty things. This harsh, barren territory that her Alpha had chosen was a little bland for her taste. So perhaps it was no wonder that she could collect a few things, and find a sunny rock to lie in. Spice draped lazily at her side as the wolf’s clever claws worked.

With colourful bits of ribbon, she was threading them into a shape that would eventually be a dream catcher. Something bright and tasteful to liven up the place a little. She might stick it in her den, or, if she could get away with it, perhaps she would place it somewhere the viking lord would see it. She couldn’t help but grin at the idea. Stretching out a little more as she worked.

Ooc: Int, craft an item 1/3

"Speech"

Pandora

Somnium

Advanced Fighter (100)

Advanced Intellectual (85)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Trick 2019
08-14-2023, 11:33 PM
The priestess was tired. There was no doubt about that. She wasn't getting any younger, after all, and though she had been idle for some time mostly due to her age, a new start in the new pack would probably be good for her. She had long abandoned her Klein namesake and had forged a new path for herself. This time, her path led her to follow Celeste to the Viking King. Though Pandora had mostly kept to herself, she trusted the former band leader enough to follow her to this new life.

Slipping from the den she had been making for herself, the sorceress made her way towards the barren landscape of the steppes to see what she might be able to find herb-wise. Or perhaps just to contemplate...she hadn't decided yet. Her makeshift pack was slung across her chest, bits and bobs and other materials bouncing inside. Along the way, however, she spotted someone lying on a rock and she seemed to be making something. The elder approached, bi-colored gaze studying the object. "Mind if I join you?"

Without waiting for an answer, however, she pulled some bits and pieces of material from her sack and settled down, working on her own dream catcher. She pulled out some twine she had dyed some time ago, and began to weave the purple and black thread together.

Lorikeet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze Participant
08-14-2023, 11:40 PM
Lorikeeet’s eyes rose to find the dual toned old wolf as she stopped before Keetie. The colourful womens' expression opened into a smile, and she scooted over a little.
“Of course, go right ahead. You can call me Keetie, sweetheart”
She said as she made room. Keetie’s experience with making things like the dreamcatcher was severely limited, and only a few moments passed before her attention was drawn to the other wolf's work.

“Wait, how did you loop it like that, that’s beautiful, can you show me?”
She asked, scooting closer to the other woman until their fur was touching. Personal space being something that Lorikeet thought very little of.

"Speech"

Pandora

Somnium

Advanced Fighter (100)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Trick 2019
08-14-2023, 11:57 PM
She hardly spared a glance to the woman who called her 'sweetheart.' Words like that hardly phased her, though she generally was a hard one to flatter or fluster. "A pleasure, Keetie. Pandora." She responded before gripping the end of a piece of twine between her teeth and tugged. When she was satisfied with her knots, she released and continued to weave in some bits of dried lavender. She was used to making things like this for her work. After all, she was a Seer. Many of the items she created were important for her work.

“Wait, how did you loop it like that, that’s beautiful, can you show me?” She paused in her work for a moment and spared a glance at the antlered woman. She was pretty, she'd give her that. "When you've been alive as long as I have, you learn a thing or two. Then those things become second nature. Muscle memory. I practiced for weeks. Months even before I was able to do this successfully." She grabbed a white feather from her sack and carefully weaved into the dream catcher. Knotting, looping, tying things down. She slowed her pace a bit so that Keetie could see how she did it. "The material is also important. I prefer to use willow for the hoop...its flexible. But I need to go down the mountain to get that, so for now, something quick but more tedious to work with." She cast a sly smile towards Keetie, "Tedious for most, anyway." She was used to making things on the fly with what she had on hand.

Lorikeet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze Participant
08-15-2023, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2023, 12:08 AM by Lorikeet. Edited 1 time in total.)
The stone she rested on held residual heat from the sun. she could feel it soaking into her belly as she worked. A bit of warmth, some good company, and keeping her paws busy. What more could a girl ask for? Lorikeet leaned forward a little more, her paw brushing against Pandora as she watched the other woman work. There was something mesmerising about the quick, sure movements the other made. At first, moving almost too quickly for Keetie to decipher. But after a moment, the duel-toned wolf slowed down, showing Keetie what she was doing.
“I hope that wasn’t all you were doing for months”
She teased as she watched the white feather as it was weaved into the piece.

“Mmm, you must be patient as a saint. I bet that patience comes in handy...”
she said, her voice a low purr as she leaned forward once more, this time peeking into the other wolf's things.
“Mind sparing a feather? I’ll trade you for it.”
She said, raising a brow at the older wolf.

"Speech"

Pandora

Somnium

Advanced Fighter (100)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Trick 2019
08-15-2023, 12:32 AM
She had to admit. Despite her age and preference for solitude, it was nice to have some company. Even if that company was right up in her personal bubble. Did her parents teach her about personal space? She'd give the woman a pass, at least for the sake of what they were doing. Pandora, after all, was giving an impromptu showing of how to work the material for a quick dream catcher. Her gaze briefly slid down towards Keetie's paw, and she mustered the smallest hint of a grin as she continued.

“I hope that wasn’t all you were doing for months” The older woman scoffed sarcastically as she detected the teasing. "I'd have to be a miserable old bat to subject myself to just that!" She offered a playful smile. "They say patience is a virtue, but it certainly does come with its frustrations." Sure, she spent a lot of time practicing, and an equal amount of time throwing her projects out of sheer frustration while she was learning. But she wouldn't admit that part. "Take what you'd like, I have plenty." Most of what she had in her sack was things she found here and there. Anything that she found interesting could be used for one thing or another. Plenty of feathers from dinner, of course. "If you want anything specific, Bekh can get it." And as if on cue, her bird dropped a few a couple of small bones beside her, which she then began to tie onto the dream catcher.

Lorikeet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze Participant
08-15-2023, 12:33 PM
Keeties expression twitched with a smile at that reply. While spinning pretty things to fill her den had its merits, she could definitely think of things she would rather be doing. "Of course, it depends on the prize" keetie added as Pandora spoke of the frustrations of patience. Keetie grabbed a couple feathers as she was bid, and wove them into her dream catcher as well. Marking the finishing touches. She gave it a twirl and set it aside, glancing through the older wolf's sack. 

"I'm trying to liven up the blandness of my mountainside den. Have any skills in that clever arsenal of yours that might help?" Keetie asked, tapping her own head and looking towards Pandora to illustrate what she meant by 'arsenal' as the bird fluttered down, she cooed in appropriate admiration of the pretty feathers of the owl.

Pandora

Somnium

Advanced Fighter (100)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Trick 2019
09-25-2023, 11:44 PM
The Priestess took a couple of the small bones and weaved them into her project. They would be the finishing touches, along with a couple more feathers to make up the centerpiece of her creation. Once she finished, she tied it all together and gave it one last look over. Satisfied with the way it had come out, she set it aside and crossed her paws as Keetie tucked into her satchel to see what else was in there. "I'm trying to liven up the blandness of my mountainside den. Have any skills in that clever arsenal of yours that might help?"

Pandora had many things in her 'arsenal' and she was happy to share them with someone who might appreciate the knowledge. She couldn't remember the last time she had shared much with someone else. Though Keetie seemed appreciative of the knowledge, and the older woman figured she wouldn't be around for that much longer, so might as well share knowledge with someone young enough that might use it for years to come, hopefully. "I've seen others use decorative cloths to hang up in their den. Some even hang them at the entrance for privacy. Exotic furs to add some color, if a den allows it, and a small firepit to give some warmth." She sighed as she considered what she might decorate her new den with. "Depending on your interests, perhaps things that represent that. Who you are. I myself, use various herbs for decoration, as well as bones and furs. Things that help me feel connected to the Spirits."

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. weave a dream The Stone Steppe 10:09 PM, 08-14-2023 08:54 AM, 04-17-2024