An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

Samhain 2022
09-06-2023, 12:26 AM
Kite might have just completed a long journey, but that didn’t mean she had an ounce of wait in her. As soon as Briar agreed to accompany her to Tojo-kai, she leaned over and brushed a paw against the older wolf's shoulder in an awkward hug. “Thank you-thank you” she whispered, and the two set off.

It was always awkward walking a path she wasn’t familiar with, even with Lioness in front of her and Briar at her side. She was clumsier then she was in her own territory. Tripping over things, and bumping shoulders with her sister constantly. It took some time for her to find a rhythm, and then at last they were at the pack.

She turned her head in the direction she assumed Briar’s face was, and tried to convey a question through her mask. When Briar prompted her to call, she did so. Raising her head and singing out for the alpha of this pack. Hoping her song didn’t sound too awkward and unfamiliar.

"Speech"

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
09-06-2023, 08:59 PM

While she had traveled through the southern portions of Auster many times on her trips back and forth from the grapevine cathedral, she had never visited the lands claimed by Tojo-kai. Still, she was familiar enough with the lands of Auster that getting there was easy enough even with the additional challenge of helping Kite navigate the unfamiliar path. She was glad that they had Kite's companion with them to help keep her on track as well though she was certain they could have managed on their own. It took them a bit to find a good rhythm and for Briar to figure out how she could best help her sister navigate, but she figured it out and eventually they found themselves at the far southern pack's borders.

Briar looked to her younger sister just in time to see Kite looking in her direction as well and she noted the silent question in her slightly obscured expression. Smiling gently she told her, "You should call for him. This is your mission. I'm here to back you up if you need me." With her sister empowered to take action on her own, Kite howled for Tojo-kai's alpha. The summons given, Briar quickly fixed a few ruffled tufts of fur on Kite's back and shoulders before settling back on her own haunches to wait, peering out across the area of massive oak trees in front of them.

"Briar Carpathius"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
09-09-2023, 02:46 PM
It wasn't often that strangers found themselves beside Tojo's borders, least of all the Oaks. But Hattori was not one to dally or leave visitors waiting, he moved swiftly, knowing all the best pathways and shortcuts, pushing through his territory with ease till he found himself catching sight of two cream-ish pelted wolves. Both with a tinge of familiar turquoise. One smelled of the Hallows and the other of the Armada, two packs he was familiar enough with, no hard feelings lingered in his chest and Hattori greeted them as such. Cordial enough, willing to lend his ears and assistance if need be. Though not overly social he didn't consider himself to be overly unapproachable, perhaps a little stiff and stoic he'd never had issue with visitors before and he doubted this meeting would devolve into something unpleasant.

"How may I help you?" He asked the girl with the blindfold, noting that the Hallow's wolf was likely here for moral support. Perhaps to make sure she didn't get lost in Auster's unfamiliar terrain? It mattered not to him.
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Kyanite

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (135)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

Samhain 2022
09-09-2023, 04:41 PM
Kite wasn't really a polite wolf. Not unless she wanted something. And right now, she really wanted something. Lioness signalled a wolf approaching, and sure enough, a voice answered her summons. She turned her head in the general direction of the voice. “Sir… Alpha, Sir” She struggled, realising she couldn’t remember his name. She was sure Beru had mentioned it once. Oh well, nothing to do but plough on.

“I’m here looking for Beru - that’s Buruberu” She explained, wanting there to be no confusion. “He was supposed to meet me, and he didn’t. He said he lived here, and I was wondering if he had come home? I haven’t seen him in some time, and I… I just wanted to check in.” She swallowed, her throat oddly dry. This was harder then she had expected it to be.

"Speech"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
09-11-2023, 09:06 AM
If Hattori was offended by her greeting he didn't let it slip. Instead, he listened, white brows furrowing slightly as she mentioned Buruberu. Hattori had not seen the boy or his sister in quite some time, he hadn't even known he was still around these parts. He had spoken to Sedna to see if she'd been concerned, if she thought it prudent to have someone look for her wayward children, but she hadn't seemed all that worried. Had said something along the lines of: they're Archers, they'll do as they please. Whatever that was supposed to mean, Hattori didn't really understand but figured it was enough. That they were old enough to fend by themselves, if that was what they wanted to do then so be it.

"Hmm. He has not returned." Hattori told her, well aware that this was not the news she wished to hear. "When did you see him last?" The Kaicho pried, wondering if there was some way they could piece together his movements.

Kyanite

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (135)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

Samhain 2022
09-11-2023, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2023, 12:12 PM by Kyanite. Edited 1 time in total.)
It was frustrating that she couldn't see the wolf in front of her. She scratched at her blindfold in annoyance, her feelings of unease growing as he spoke. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. The alpha was supposed to fetch him, and it would turn out something had kept him in the pack. Maybe he'd stubbed his stupid toe or something. She'd yell at him, and maybe they'd kiss and make up. She'd working up some choice words for just this situation.

She scratched her mask a little harder hiding her expression. What if Sir Alpha was lying? She couldn't even see him, and his tone was pretty devoid of emotion, and it gave her little to work on. She wasn't sure if Briar would rescue her if she ran up to the Alpha, shook him by his ears and yelled "where is he???" Diplomacy. Think calm thoughts. "He was supposed to meet me in the cave near the Col, but he didn't show up. We had plans, where is he?" She stamped her paw. She couldn't help it. She felt like crying, he was supposed to be here! Her thoughts weren't exactly calm.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

09-12-2023, 06:10 AM
Hattori could sense the tension building in her posture, the tightness in her shoulders and the way her ears tipped back. It wasn't unexpected, but the stomping of her paws really reminded him of someone he did not like. Regardless, he said nothing of her little display and simply ruminated on the information she had offered him for a moment. It was as he suspected, that they'd been venturing around the north, far from Tojo's borders and thus it made sense Hattori and his kin hadn't realised he was back, so to speak.

Admittedly, he didn't know Beru very well on a personal level, so he couldn't truly say if this was out of character for the boy. But the blind girl certainly seemed to think it was, or if nothing else had taken a great deal of offence, or hurt, however you wanted to put it.

"He is not here." Hattori repeated, rather flatly. Clearly not the sort who dealt with teenager tantrums. He glanced at Briar for a moment, wondering if the Hallow's queen had to deal with this their whole journey south. No matter. "But if you require more-"well he was going to say eyes to look for Beru, but even he thought better than that. "I can have some of his brothers help you look, his welfare is all of our concerns."

After all, Hattori did not wish the boy to be harmed and for all they knew he'd hurt himself and was in no state to move.

Kyanite

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (135)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light

Samhain 2022
09-13-2023, 12:22 AM
Sir Alpha once again told her that Beru wasn’t there, but it really didn’t help to prove that fact. But then again, why would he hide Beru? It wasn’t like Sir Alpha would hurt him, Beru was supposed to be part of his pack, right? Unless Beru was hiding from her. She threw that thought away, because it hurt too much to dwell on.

What he said next did surprise her. He was offering for some of Beru’s brothers to help her look - this was a chance to meet some more of his family, and surely his brothers would have an idea on where he liked to go? “I’ll take it!” She said before he could change his mind. Not caring about his accidental almost slip in ‘eyes’ it wasn’t like hers didn’t work all the time. After a short, awkward moment she added. “...Please, and thank you” Since he was an Alpha, and she was a Princess. This wasn’t just about a boy and a girl. a

"Speech"

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
09-13-2023, 01:18 PM

While she had never had a chance to meet Hattori properly herself, she had of course heard of the man many times with his former connection to the Ashen empress and his pack's proximity to the Hallows. He was one of those wolves that she knew of fairly well by association, but did not know personally. Because of this she was able to recognize him easily as he approached and she offered him a polite smile and a dip of her head in return as he directed his questioning to Kite. He was right in his assumption that she was simply here to supervise and provide support for her younger sister and Briar sat quietly at Kite's side while they discussed the reason for their appearance here. Of course she would step in if things got out of hand, but for now she let Kite take the conversation.

It was obvious as Kite spoke that this was her first time trying to speak with someone of Hattori's rank from a more unknown pack and perhaps diplomacy did not come naturally to her sister, but given the circumstances Briar felt that she did fairly well. The fact that she was still an emotional yearling did shine through occasionally and Briar did have to hold back a wince as she stomped her foot with her demands to know where Beru was, but thankfully Hattori allowed it and Briar gave him a slightly apologetic glance when he looked her way. It did seem that unfortunately their trail had run dry here and they weren't going to get the resolution that they had originally hoped for, but not all hope was lost as Hattori offered the aid of Beau's brothers to join in on the search for him.

Kite of course accepted the help and Briar waited until she had thanked the Tojo-kai alpha for the offer before she smiled and dipped her head to Hattori in thanks, deciding now was as good a time as any for her to speak up. "Yes, thank you for your time and the information, Hattori. We will certainly keep an eye out for him as well, but the more individuals look for him the better I imagine. Kyanite will be staying with me in the Hallows for a bit so if you find out any information feel free to find us there. If she does have to go home before then I'll make sure the information gets to her so you and yours do not need to travel across Boreas."

"Briar Carpathius"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

09-18-2023, 08:57 AM
Hattori appreciated Briar's more diplomatic approach, it was what he'd expected really given her standing as the Hallowed Queen. He knew that if he asked Sedna or his cousin how they felt about this situation neither would be overly concerned, as Beru was old enough to look after himself at this point but they'd neither been very doting parents. He was sure they cared for their children in their own ways, but Hattori certainly hadn't raised his own children with such a loose leash, so to speak.

He nodded then, appreciative of Briar's concerns. It wouldn't hurt the boys to have to roam further afield to pass on messages, but he presumed their paws would be thanking Briar at the end of the day. "I will make the arrangements and have them call upon your borders."He concluded, frowning a little in thought, the white of his brows smushing together briefly. "Is there anything else you need?" He imagined now, but felt it prudent to ask, to ensure they were all on the same page.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Where's my boyfriend at? The Ancient Oaks 12:26 AM, 09-06-2023 09:41 AM, 02-29-2024