gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
09-15-2023, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 02:50 PM by Crux. Edited 1 time in total.)
[Location for Home Turf: Dreamer's Col]

If the flood had been the fire, and Cryptis' lost voice was the frying pan then this? This was hell. When they'd finally been "rescued" from their perch Crux had been filled with dread over what he'd have to do, have to explain. But to work first. There was work to do and assured that Cryptis was stable, he wasn't sure he could use the word good but, she wasn't in any further immediate danger that meant he had to turn his focus to others. Checking wolves for signs of hypothermia, making sure any wounds hadn't become infected by the dirty water, checking to make sure Stratum's leg had been properly set. He gave his whole attention to each wolf he tended to but in the moments in between, when he had the space to breathe for a moment his mind was on only one wolf. He was still a swirl of emotions, there was still so much relief. They'd both made it out, she was before anything else, alive! And yet he was also filled with guilt, he wasn't sure there was any way he could have stopped her, she certainly didn't seem like she'd have taken being told it was too dangerous well but if he hadn't been there, drowning then she'd never have risked herself like this... and she'd still be able to talk. And somewhere deep under the surface thoughts that crowded his mind he kept thinking about the feeling of her tiny body cradled in his arms. The memory should have been tinged with the panic of the moment, but it wasn't. It was like it was detached from everything else, and all he could feel was the way she'd felt when he'd pulled her into him, up against his chest.

Finally things were settling, and Crux couldn't exactly keep putting it off. Cryptis wasn't in any position to explain herself to the warlord and no matter how she'd helped to save him she was still actively trespassing. Also how were they going to deal with getting her home? They were owed an explanation too. "Dad?" He sought out his father, gently calling for him and gesturing for the warlord to follow him as he made his way to one of the more secluded parts of the space. It was the best he could do to give them privacy and to make sure Triss had somewhere she could rest outside the curious gazes of the others, he'd been painfully aware of her anxiety the entire time and only prayed that no one had bothered her too much. "I've brought my father, he's Armada's warlord." He explained softly as he approached, reaching out to gently bump her shoulder with his nose in a comforting gesture. "He won't bite I promise, I won't let him." He gave her a wink and settled himself next to her so they could face his father together. "We gotta figure out how to get you home safely." Among other things.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-15-2023, 08:23 PM
The day had been long, and the Warlord had plunged into the rushing waters time and time again over the course of the day. Once everyone who could be saved was safely secured, he went hunting. Needing a moment to himself, to breathe. To feel his loss. He returned with a deer for the pack to eat, and was just moving to go on a patrol when Crux motioned for him.

He followed after Crux, and realised there was another scent with his son, as he approached the spot the boy had apparently stashed someone. A wolf, one that was tiny enough he thought her just a baby at first, before realising she was similar age to Crux. his steps slowed, and he came to a stop near where Crux was pressed against the other wolf. His posture made it clear - he stood with this wolf. He brushed a paw across his forehead, feeling that headache that had been pounding back there for a while intensified. First Aresenn, now this? “Crux, explain yourself” He said, his voice too tired for it to really sound like a command.

"Speech"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

09-19-2023, 08:27 PM

He felt for his father, honestly Crux did. He hated he was adding to the burden on the aging warlord, but this did need to be dealt with. He grimaced as he saw the exhaustion seeing Cryptis caused. Sirius' "command" wasn't commanding in the normal sense but despite this Crux found himself sitting up straighter and seeking out his father's gaze. "This is Cryptis." He glanced at the girl as he introduced her, shooting her a small smile, meant to help reassure her. "We met some time ago." It had been before the raid which had up until today been the longest day of his life, and felt like it was years ago. Somehow though they'd first met not that long ago it felt like he'd known her for far longer. "I guess she must have realized the col was flooding and she came to help, she must have heard me calling for help." He fully pulled his gaze away from his father to watch Triss as he spoke, looking for confirmation that he was at least partially correct about this. "I don't think I'd have been able to get out of the caves without her." That was true. Sure he'd been doing his best to tell himself he could navigate in the water the truth was her thought to bring the rope and give them a tool to get themselves out had probably saved both of their lives. He gave her another soft smile, though he was definitely wrestling with his anxiety and guilt over her current state he found his fondness for the small girl had grown somehow over the course of a few hours, even as traumatic as those hours were.

"I figured we might need to find a way to help her get home." Crux looked back at his father, his stomach dropping. Things were never that simple, he knew he never got that lucky. "But uhm... There may be some complications." He glanced at Cryptis nervously, finding himself leaning towards her again. He wouldn't ask her to try to talk if she wasn't comfortable with it but he also wouldn't disclose her own medical issues without her permission. He just needed a sign of what she needed him to do, he'd do it in a heart beat.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
09-21-2023, 03:44 PM

She only knew three wolves in the Armada. Admittedly, she had sought them with her eyes as she hunkered down where Crux had stashed her. She was pretty sure she had seen a flash of small black fur that could have been Spider. She saw a couple of other kids with a winged wolf (winged??) as well, she thought she saw Warden among them. But she wasn’t sure. But she knew with certainty that Crux was okay, even if she had put him in a bit of a bind. She would do it again, she felt something, a connection to him. She didn’t want to lose it, to lose him. But she was worried about how her Mother and Medusa would react to all this. She didn’t want to add more stress to their plates.

Crux called his father over, and she sat a little straighter. Her eyes flicked from him to Crux as the older, taller wolf spoke. She felt tiny in front of him, and leaned eagerly into Crux’s support. She waited while Crux explained the situation, and when he spoke of complications, she opened her mouth “. …. ….” She explained.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-21-2023, 03:49 PM
The Warlord listened as his son spoke. Explaining how she had saved Crux’s life. At that, he let his eyes slip close for a moment, imagining the sight of his son’s lifeless body… No, he would not punish this girl's trespass. He could not and would not fault the wolves that had reacted quickly and come to save those they cared about. They had been more hands to help when the flood had endangered them all.

At the mention of complications, the girl finally spoke - or, at least, tried to. Her opened maw and exhaled breath showed him the issue. “This is new?” He asked, needing clarification. The girl - Cryptis - nodded. “Her scent is Insomnia…” he said, another added complication. He did not trust Medusa, she was volatile and cruel. How would she react to hearing her wolf had been injured. “I can’t leave the pack right now. We still have missing wolves, and we are vulnerable. But we can’t put this off, and I can’t leave you to go to Insomnia alone… Take Bear and Marshal as support, and explain what happened to Medusa. If she gives you any trouble, send Marshal and I’ll come immediately.” His eyes stayed on Crux, seeing if the boy was prepared for this. He was not fast, with his disability. Was he making a mistake?

"Speech"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

09-22-2023, 08:16 PM

Crux would let Cryptis answer his father on her own, though he brushed his tail against her back, not quite wrapping her in it but offering her silent support. The mention of the girl's pack made Crux grimace and nod. He knew they weren't exactly on good terms with the pack, though he didn't know why. Cryptis was the only Insomnia wolf he'd met, and he had no idea how representative of them or not she was. He could understand how bad this would look, a known enemy with an Insomnia wolf who now suddenly couldn't talk.

Of course it made sense that his father couldn't afford to leave right now, his own head count had been a rough estimate so Crux wasn't sure exactly how many were missing and admittedly his first priority had been checking for his family, who luckily were accounted for. That said he also understood the need to make sure the girl got home soon. He swallowed hard, feeling the pressure of the task in front of him. He nodded, mind racing through what would be needed of him. "Okay." He didn't quite manage to keep the anxiety from his voice. He rose to his paws and looked at Cryptis. "How are you feeling? If you're up for it we should probably head out as soon as we can."  They'd need to get Bear and Crux figured that Riya would probably want to go with them. He was tired, but he could rest once he got back, he cared that Cryptis wouldn't be pushing herself too hard.

"Triss" & "Crux"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. ... goes unpunished Dreamer's Col 07:16 PM, 09-15-2023 01:17 PM, 03-10-2024