gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Poser
01-02-2024, 12:23 AM
Midas offered another relaxed, confident smile as they walked. His companion seemed to have gone for the not dignifying him with a response route, which honestly, he respected. Couldn't blame a guy for shooting his shot. He'd done his best, we'll get 'em next time boys. Right, or he could keep... perhaps gently trying. Maybe she'd missed the signal. His little pink companion needed to focus on being a good guide, she'd taken responsibility for him after all.

Her shrug was enough to confirm his suspicions. He was far enough away that he could be safe. None of his old ghosts could follow him here, they didn't even know the names. At least this... apparently isolated family pack didn't. Had he dropped into a cult accidentally? Did she need rescuing? Right, calm down there cowboy. It didn't matter. There was a comforting sort of euphoria that was beginning to drift over his system... or was Midas just overtired?

"I like your treehouse." Midas wagged his tail as they crossed into the small space. It was tidy, cozy. The quarters were tight, and maybe... he'd take that as an excuse. Midas stretched out on the space that looked like it didn't belong to the lady who'd built it, offering a grumble. "I've always known how to swim, but I wasn't expecting it to take that much outta me." He admitted, tone candid. Conversational. If she was going to be strong and silent, he was happy to fill the space.

Fuji

Tojo-kai
Yakuzaishi

Master Fighter (245)

Master Healer (250)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Toy size
build
Heavy
player
NachoMumma

1KSamhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
01-02-2024, 02:07 AM

Treehouse? Well she supposed it was. Reaching into her stash, she pulled out some dried fish and threw it at her new companion before moving to make herself comfortable on top of him. It served multiple purposes as far as she was concerned. 1 - She always slept on the top of the pile. 2 - He couldn't go sneaking off to cause mischief this way, and 3 - well if he'd been swimming there was a chance he'd be cold and keeping him warm would help to fend off any illness, right? The queasy butterfly feeling was back in her stomach, but she did her best to push it down by adjusting her weight ever so slightly to tuck her front paws into a proper loafing position. It wasn't like she was terribly big, she wouldn't have to shout up to his huge stupid bat ears just to be heard up here either.

“Sound's like yer've come a long way, yer should eat, n' rest.” She looked at her new companion quizzically, her sabers making her frown more pronounced. Why were her paws itching to braid his fur?

“Speech”

[Image: i0F1X8z.gif]

Midas

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (10)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Poser
01-02-2024, 02:59 AM
She had a stash of snacks on hand and everything-- he was impressed. Though it seemed like the Oaks beyond this one seemed to stretch on forever and a day, it was pretty cool that they had the hollow in this one. A grateful smile on his lips, he's quick to dig into the fish. Tail thumping happily until-- oof. Midas was surprised by how forward she happened to be, but he wasn't complaining. Unable to help himself, he reached up to carefully pull a stray leaf from her coat, careful not to stab himself on her crystals. It's an excuse to let his touch linger if she'll let it.

"This is already rest, you know." That smile doesn't stop, allowing something curious to fill his gaze. Already he was starting to feel dizzy, a little unfocused. He'd only had a few bites of food, thankfully, because it seemed... oh dear. It seemed that his world was beginning to go not-so-clear. His body tingling... why shouldn't it be tingling? The prettiest loaf he'd ever seen was currently perched on top of him. This was the most comfortable he'd been, maybe ever, but why did he feel like he didn't have control over his limbs? Was his heart racing? It's happening again.

Around him, the world goes black. The only thing he's aware of is Fuji, curled up atop him. That's okay. This had to be at least second base.

Fuji

Tojo-kai
Yakuzaishi

Master Fighter (245)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Heavy
player
NachoMumma

01-02-2024, 03:15 AM

When he reached up to remove a leaf from her fur she didn't pull away, almost transfixed by his golden gaze... that was until her whole world started shaking. Her heart leapt into her throat, was this an earthquake? But the rest of the room around them seemed unchanged and she leapt down from her perch panic taking hold as she watched the guy thrash about violently on the floor. Oh fuck, oh fuck... Wasn't she a healer? But what the fuck did she do to manage this?

She cleared the space around him as best she could, thankful for the furs that already lined the floor protecting from any protruding roots. Fuji had emergency supplies here somewhere, but was there anything she could give him before it stopped without risking him choking on it?! No. She resisted the urge to summon her mother, that would take a whole lot more explaining than she was willing to go through right now, so she sat, and watched, and waited with her heart in her throat. These things weren't meant to go on for long, were they?

When he was finally still, she moved in to check his vitals. Heart rate seemed elevated, but shit, so was hers. Breathing... steady enough, pupils, blown... She gently tapped his cheek with her paw, “Hey there big guy, yer still with me?” She prodded his face again for good measure and set about mixing together some herbs to the side. Lavender, passionflower, valerian, chamomile and skullcap. Hell, if she could get the water warm enough she would take some herself. It was calming if nothing else. She would just have to duck outside to get a fire going.

“Speech”

Midas

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Poser
01-02-2024, 03:32 AM
It was a little like waking up from the nap from hell, only to be greeted by an angel. She's the first thing Midas sees upon waking up. Is this what imprinting is like in ducks? Fuji was prodding at his cheek, and he was going to take the opportunity to lean to the side and kiss her paw. There's something about shooting his shot, something that he can't help but revel in. What was she going to do, smack him in the head right after what she just witnessed? Surely not.

Midas's breathing steadied. His senses were becoming sharper, much to his detriment. Every muscle in his body that had already been sore? Even worse. How could it get worse. Maybe he would have been better off with his senses dulled, holy fuck. This feeling thing wasn't going so great. "I can be with you always, if you want." Midas was still feeling pretty fuzzy in the head, but who knows. First thought best thought... does that only apply to being drunk? Surely this was something like that.

Something smelled delightful, whatever it was she was working on. Or her? Maybe her. Fuck. Was his grin goofy? Probably. He was a little goofy right now. Blame the exhaustion. That's what he'd blame for the seizure, too.

Fuji

Tojo-kai
Yakuzaishi

Master Fighter (245)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Heavy
player
NachoMumma

01-03-2024, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2024, 12:48 AM by Fuji. Edited 1 time in total.)

The jolt that ran up her forearm when his head turned to kiss her paw was electric and she pulled the limb back to her chest as though stung. That didn't stop a surge of something dark and terrible taking root in her chest when he finally spoke. Never before had she looked at another person and thought with such certainty mine. Her chuckle had a nervous edge, “I migh' hold yer ter tha'...” She quietly warned, the lopsided smile on her face not quite reaching her eyes. It was just the stress, right? There wasn't anything to it. Air. She needed air. “I'll just be outside, I need ter warm some water an' we can' light a fire in 'ere.”

The freshness of the air was like plunging into cold water. She breathed deeply and hurried about steeping the tea. Usually she would take more care, but she needed to get back inside and make sure he was ok. The brewing done, she kicked out the flames and retreated back inside.

She set one dose down beside him and situated herself close enough that her butt rested against the bottom of his ribs, leaving enough room that he could rest up on his elbows if needed, and tried to not think too hard about why she chose there of all the places under this tree to sit. She found herself really interested in the patterns the timber made up what served for a wall. “Does it happen often?” She questioned quietly, curious to know more.

“Speech”

Midas

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Poser
01-03-2024, 03:31 AM
Okay maybe he feels like he's been drinking. Still, it's at odds with the full body exhaustion, and the euphoria, and whatever the hell was happening when it came to this way-too-cute girl. Midas's head was swimming. She'd jumped back, but he doesn't have the sense to be embarrassed about it. Maybe he'd made things weird, but then, the next words that slipped past her lips left him feeling a bit more comfort. "Promise me you will." The words came low, sweet, as he spoke. Though something shone in her gaze that Midas couldn't quite place, he's not frightened by it. He's not nearly as frightened by it as he should be. Drawn in like a moth to flame-- they're just as dangerous.

Just as quickly as nearly everything else, she excused herself. Right, she had a good reason to, something about heating water up. Oh, it must be time for tea. He couldn't hold back the little whimper. Blame his weakened state, or whatever. Midas wasn't eager to have her out of sight. Instead, the man shifted, peered out the doorway and into the darkened Oaks beyond.

She's not gone long. When Fuji returns, it's like he can breathe again. He's quick to curl around Fuji where she sits. Drinking the tea slowly, resting his cheek against what he can reach, as long as she'll let him. Her question was met at first with a deep, suffering sigh. It was his turn to not look at her, though Midas's grip doesn't loosen. It's a long moment before he speaks, remarkably unwilling to lie to her. For perhaps the first time, he tells the truth about his seizures aloud. "Not often, but it's happened before. Mostly when I'm really tired." Admitting the things about him that are broken... it's a dangerous vulnerability, and not the fun kind of dangerous. There is no thrill. Fear of rejection hits differently. The added weight of things feeling real now that he's spoken the words? That's also... a lot.

Probably too much for a not-even-first date, but who was keeping score?

Fuji

Tojo-kai
Yakuzaishi

Master Fighter (245)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Heavy
player
NachoMumma

01-03-2024, 03:46 AM

As the tea settled into her bones she adjusted her position, leaning across his shoulder to reach the thicker fur around his neck. Damnit, she didn't have ribbons in this little hideaway and she had sent Kenta off to let Tori know she'd bought a stranger into the Oaks but she had it under control. Never mind. She used her dexterous paws to untangle any snarls from the thick fur before quickly working a braid while he spoke. The calming effect of the valerian had nothing on the sound of his voice, and to think, they hadn't even known each other for a whole day yet. Really tired? She was begining to feel a bit that way herself, still she continued to braid. “Well, there're worse places ter wash up, m'mother's a healer too, I'll take yer to 'er in th' mornin', maybe she'll know o' somethin' more'n I do.” She was happy with her handywork so far. “Yer should get some rest, we should be pretty safe 'ere.” She made a point of pulling herself back into a tighter ball surrounded by... Well she wasn't quite sure what Midas was, but she'd know if he went anywhere.

“Speech”

Midas

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Poser
01-03-2024, 04:30 AM
The very feeling of her touch through his thick fur, offering a gentle murmur in return. For someone that was so reluctant to let him touch her, she was... attentive. He can't help but enjoy the attention, the comfort, as it washed over him. Melting into Fuji's touch easily. Why is it so easy for her? His tail thumps lightly against his haunches, perhaps close enough to brush against her in turn. "A healer and a healer, how did I get so lucky?" Midas's voice is tender, perhaps dreamy in the moment.

Tucked in around her, Midas can't help himself. His cheek set carefully against her body, reveling in the warmth. Still sipping his tea on and off, but fuck, if she wasn't the best medicine of them all. "I'll keep you safe." The words come easily, though Midas is hardly more threatening than she is. With all her crystal spines and teeth and horns, maybe she was more threatening, even. Still, the words are spoken tenderly. He does mean them. That's what matters.

Fuji

Tojo-kai
Yakuzaishi

Master Fighter (245)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Heavy
player
NachoMumma

01-25-2024, 10:51 PM

If nothing else, his offer to keep her safe was endearing, despite the fact he probably couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag at the moment. She let him have it though, a small smirk pulling at the corner of her lips. She wouldn't voice it, but she could keep them both safe, fully convinced the scariest thing that walked this forest was curled up against his flank at this point in time.

Morning would come, and with it the reality of having to face her mother and leader, but for now, she was content to allow herself an opportunity to rest.

“Speech”

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. whatever the opposite of strong and silent is The Ancient Oaks 12:23 AM, 01-02-2024 05:33 PM, 06-17-2024