size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

Critical Dodge!Pride - LesbianSamhain 2022
01-20-2024, 05:52 PM

Tomie wasn't in great shape. Her leg hurt like hell where the man had gripped it but it wasn't anything she couldn't dress and treat on her own and on the fly. She'd just suck up the pain. And that was what she did. Having left the raid before the rest had started their real effort at getting resources Tomie had pushed herself to get back to the pack lands before the rest of the raiding party. She hoped to be long gone before they got back but at the very least she would make good use of her head start. But fuck was she in pain. Crossing over the stinking damnable border the woman wasted no time, she called for them. For her mother and for her sister. The raid had been the final straw, the man didn't deserve any of their patience, didn't deserve the grace her mother had shown him since the moment they'd showed up on his borders. He was a coward, an idiot and an asshole. And her family didn't just deserve better, they deserved safety, something he directly threatened.

"Tomie"

Image by xALTUMSILENTIUMx
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Víðarr

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
01-21-2024, 07:59 PM

The raid had gone on with minimal losses, and the viking king walked away with more supplies and more skilled fighters-- a victory.  A victory well won and well fought, he's decided.  Víðarr finds himself in good spirits as he returns with his raiding party, though it hadn't escaped his notice that he was one short.  The thrall girl had forged on ahead of them, something he's a bit confused by given her injuries.  Tenshi had been on hand to tend wounds, but maybe there's someone back on the Maw Tomie would rather see.  

It's Månsken that alerts him to trouble.  The little owl summoning him back home more quickly than he would have liked, good mood all but evaporating as he makes his way.  He makes no secret of his approach, snapping through the undergrowth as he arrives in the Steppe, icy gaze narrowed.  "Why run all the way back for a healer?  We took one along."  The viking king's tone is cool, casting a long shadow over Tomie where he stands. "Or maybe desperation... you would sneak away, convinced life here is so bad." Víðarr's words are nearly casual. Considering for a long moment as he watches the thrall girl with narrowed eyes. Curious as to what exactly Tomie had to say for herself.

"Víðarr"

[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Voodoo

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (40)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Kingpedle

Samhain 2022Pride - Lesbian
01-21-2024, 08:41 PM
She hadn’t been present at the raid. Somehow as thankful as she was Voodoo had tried and had not found a reason to settle within the pack. She had tried to concentrate on her healing craft and only a few of the members had interacted with her. Her chat with Pandora her aunt had put some things into perspective now it seemed loner life might’ve been the better option for them anyway. She would never not care for her children and now she wanted to try and find her son knowing he was out there somewhere. In the midst of these thoughts Voodoo caught on Tomie’s mood. But before she and her daughter could talk Vidarr was right there.

Voodoo’s eyes narrowed suspiciously , but she remained respectful and calm. "One’s reasons shouldn’t matter when they seek out loved ones hmm?" yet she tilted her head because she too was in the dark about what Tomie had been planning. Yet she would defend her daughter down to her very bones. "What is it that you needed Tomie? I’ve been meaning to talk to Vidarr about something myself. I’ve found scent trails of my son and I want to search for him… it’s making me think the pack is not the home I’d hope it’d be." she wasn’t.. unsatisfied per say but if it was one thing she didn’t feel like she fit.

Jaybird

Hemlock
Reviver

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Kingpedle
01-21-2024, 09:11 PM
She prayed to the gods that they would be successful. Jay was not equipped to be a fighter she had realized. Quietly she admired those around her and had planned on greeting them when they returned. It appeared her sister had come back in a hurry and unbeknownst to her she didn’t even think about the tension. Carefully and methodically she had gone to Vidarr side not knowing the situation at all.

"Welcome back Vi I heard we reigned supreme again." there was slight joy and pride in her voice. Yet naturally when she looked over her mother and sister confusion fell over he and she tilted her head. She didn’t think she needed to ask. What exactly was going on here?

Tomie

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

Critical Dodge!Pride - LesbianSamhain 2022
01-22-2024, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2024, 02:01 PM by Tomie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Tomie bit back a growl as the first wolf to approach wasn't her mother or sister but the black bastard himself. She gave him only a cold look, unwilling to speak her piece until they were all here. Luckily she was not left waiting long. First was her mother who she was glad it seemed had come to a similar outcome and then... Well she adored Jay and she couldn't help the low rumble of a growl as her sister moved to stand with their captor. A derisive snort in response to her sister's comment about their "victory."

"The raid was a farce. A weak man picks a pack he knows cannot defend itself." She had none of the tact her mother did, she'd used up every bit of self control she had left already just not turning and going for the man's face. "A petty man takes the grace offered to him by a former opponent and puts her whole family into servitude over it. A cowardly man puts a child into servitude with them." She was grinding her teeth, the anger and distain she'd hardly hidden was now completely left to run free. "Tell me what good has life here been to convince me otherwise?" The man didn't know the shit they'd been through, a little stability was hardly worth everything else when she was more used to going somewhere else; hardly worth putting up with the indignity he'd foisted onto them. His first question was ignored, he clearly knew well enough and she wasn't going to pretend he wasn't right. "I protect my family so tell me why I should continue to let them rot under someone so unworthy?" She stepped into him, she cared not that he stood taller than her right now she felt tall as the mountain they'd been forced to live on for the longest year of her life.

"Tomie"

Image by xALTUMSILENTIUMx
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Víðarr

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
01-25-2024, 06:54 PM

Tension. A spark, an undercurrent, running through the viking king. Voodoo joins them, and then Jay. Víðarr's gaze softens as he addresses the latter, a dip of his head. "We did. It was good." A light fondness colored his words as he spoke, the hint of a smile tugging at his dark lips. Jaybird had taken an interest in the religion, and for that, the viking king recognized her. She was applying herself.

Voodoo's words barely register, as his focus has shifted entirely back to Tomie. The growl doesn't go unnoticed, but Víðarr holds his action. Carefully composed neutrality as the girl speaks, listening without flinching. "Your opinions tell me all I need." Sadly, it seems she isn't as smart as he'd hoped. Víðarr doesn't step back as she steps into him. Instead, he chooses to remain entirely still. "Shortsighted girl, I do not care what you think of me." The viking king shifts his weight onto his heels, looking down curiously at Tomie. It's genuine, searching. Why did she think he did?

Though he could argue her points, Víðarr decides it's not worth the effort. "Take your freedom as compensation for your participation in the last raid, and your mother's for this one." He's heard Voodoo's more diplomatic request. Their assistance with the expansion and the raids hadn't gone unnoticed, and they'd served their purpose. Now rich in all the ways that mattered, it was a charity Víðarr could afford.

"Jaybird--" it's the first time that he looks away from Tomie, taking a step back and fully disengaging. Sharp edge leaving his voice, he speaks to Jay. "I will not force you to stay if you want to go with them." Víðarr is more genuine. Putting the ball in the girl's court. The viking king would leave it at that.

"Víðarr"

[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Pack your bags we're leaving! The Stone Steppe 05:52 PM, 01-20-2024 08:53 AM, 04-17-2024