Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
08-03-2024, 09:00 PM

Charlie was thinner and bore a long scar down his leg but he had survived. His time in the mine after one of the tunnels collapsed had been a living hell. Within the darkness he waited, the sound of his own heartbeat and the smell of his fear overwhelming him. He was afraid, afraid that the tunnel would be his tomb. A falling rock had done some sort of damage to his leg, a fracture of some kind he assumed. There was pain, and blood… and Silveris, his dear companion, had been less fortunate than he had been. The poor bird had been crushed by the falling stone, leaving Charlie to mourn her. Silveris had been a good friend, a good companion… she hadn’t deserved the death she had gotten.

And, if it hadn’t been for Yorrick’s persistence, he would have been dead by now too. The fisher had managed to free enough of the stones to squeeze in and out of Charlie’s prison. In confirming the wolf was alive he had sought to bring him food, water, and then seek aid. Charlie prayed for his friend’s return. He figured that Yorrick would head back to the Armada and that would be the end of it. Bas would send someone to dig him out. Only… no one from the Armada came. Days passed as Charlie grew feverish from his injuries. He slipped into the sweet embrace of darkness, guilt heavy in his chest for just… disappearing. His family would never know what happened to him.

When Charlie awoke he was in a den, somewhere beyond the mine. There was a strong herbal smell, and there was food too. He ate, drank from a bowl, and slipped back into sleep. This would continue for some time as he recovered, the infection eventually breaking. When Charlie finally awoke to another wolf, he found an elderly male caring for him. Tua was his name, and apparently he’d come across an injured Yorrick who pleaded with him to help his companion. He’d later meet his children, Mia and Pau. It was thanks to their diligent efforts that they were able to get Charlie out, and their father had taken over care from there.

Charlie told them about the Armada, about how he needed to get home, but Tau would hear none of it until his leg was in better shape. So Charlie remained with them, gaining strength, until he could return. And that fateful day came one spring morning. He thanked Tau and his children and bid them farewell. Then he set off for the mountains in the distance.

Home.

It was evening by the time he reached the borders of the Armada. He’d been gone for so long… would Basilisk consider him a traitor? Having abandoned his family? His pack? Charlie let out a soft sigh, ears falling. He hoped that he would understand… He supposed if worse came to work he could go back to Tau and his children. But his heart was here… it had always been here. Tilting his head back Charlie let loose a howl for Bas.

He wanted to come home.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-05-2024, 07:27 PM

Basilisk was still feeling weak. He’d barely started to recover from the sickness, and his body was thin and fragile. An unusual look for the Warlord. He was going over maps and plans in his den when a call came for him at the border. His first impression was astonishment that anyone would come calling. Though the pack hadn’t made public their misfortune, the market had been closed.

His second impression was wonder. Was that Charlton’s voice at the border? He could scarcely believe it. The amount of trips he and Ignita had taken out of the pack to hunt error rumours or trails after the boy. He had assumed Charlie was never coming back. He hadn’t known if that meant death or betrayal, but he hadn’t assumed to see him again.

He made his way slowly down the tamp and towards the border. When he arrived, he raised a paw. “Stay back” he warned, “You can’t come too close. Charlie… what happened to you?”

"Basilisk"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
08-05-2024, 08:23 PM

Basilisk came, although slower than Charlie would have initially expected him to arrive. Something was off, Charlie noted, brows furrowing with worry as he made to draw close. At least until Bas raised his paw, his warning was heard and acknowledged as the male lowered his paw. Ears fell, not quite understanding what was going on. For a moment a flicker of worry that Basilisk thought him a traitor, that he had gone after Kite flickered in his mind. No, he still felt strongly that though what his uncle had done was cruel, Basilisk had only harmed her as an accident of his own size… and her own fierce attacks. He considered her the antagonizer… had fought with Crux over it. He wouldn’t side with her now. Even if he and Crux had come to see more… eye to eye.

The question was a fair one all the same. Charlie shifted, revealing the only scar that ran from the back of his leg down towards the middle of his back left leg. “One of the tunnels in the mine collapsed while I was hunting for some different materials to work with.” He explained, gaze shifting from the pink scar back to Bas.

“Silveris was crushed in the initial collapse. Yorrick managed to shift one of the stones near the top to get me some food and water before going to help but… something got a hold of him before he could get back here. He was found by an old loner and his children, pleading with them to help me before he succumbed to his wounds.” There was sadness in his gaze as he spoke. He had once fought his father over Silveris, and had considered the companions to be part of his family. Being without them had left a hole in his heart.

“The wound got infected. I spent a lot of time unconscious at Tau’s den at first. He wasn’t sure if I was going to pull through.” Charlie frowned. “And when I finally recovered enough to be alert during the day, he urged me not to stress the wound otherwise I’d risk having it get worse all over again. His son made sure I didn’t stress it… once he gave me the go ahead I bade him and his children farwell and came here.” Charlie furrowed his brow more.

“Just how long have I been gone? What has happened? Something is off…” There was concern in his voice, not for himself but for his nephew and pack. He mind shifted back to the flood. Surely nothing like that…?

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-05-2024, 09:03 PM

The mine. He and Ignita had been right. It had been the first place they had searched, assuming Charlton had gone to gather blacksmithing materials from a known source. But the paths in the mine were many and twisted. They hadn’t been able to find his scent, or any trace of him. How close had they come to finding him? one of the tunnels collapsed. They’d found a collapsed tunnel, too. Had Charlie been on the other side, this whole time?

He flexed his claws over the earth beneath him, frustrated. “I think we’d been close to you. We found a collapsed tunnel… but we couldn’t find a way in, and there wasn’t any scent of you.” Basilisk failure had cost Charlie his companion.

“You’ve been gone a while.” He agreed softly. “A blight has struck the Armada, originating in Mile High Woods. Some of us are sick, and the infection is spreading. I’m not sure the Armada is the best place for you right now, Charlton.”

"Basilisk"

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (120)

Master Intellectual (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

LegendaryPride - DemisexualWordy
08-05-2024, 09:17 PM

A howl at the borders called for Basilisk... was that... Charlie? She hadn't known him well but she had tried to hunt for him all the same! Had he returned?

Even slower than the frail Warlord, Ignita lumbered her way toward the call. Bas would be resting! She could handle this! She was his Consort now! Her belly swayed heavily as she walked, Bas had beat her there and was telling Charlie about the blight. With a huff and puff Ignita finally made it next to Bas. Her sides were wide with pups. Charlie had indeed, missed much.

"Charlie! We-" She started and had to catch her breath, sitting heavily. Walking was becoming burdensome. "-We searched for you! I'm... so glad you're okay." She said giving him a warm and welcoming smile. Her head felt a little woozy again.

"Ignita"

[Image: xjgqzZS.png]
Basilisk may enter her threads without warning.

[Image: bU9k2tE.png]

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
08-07-2024, 09:04 PM

Charlie shook his head, noticing the frustration that Basilisk held for not finding him, but it wasn’t his fault. “It’s alright, Bas. The collapse likely scattered more than just the stones, I’d be surprised if you could pick up anything but dust at that point even as it began to settle.” There was no blame. Hell, he’d been surprised that Tau and his children had found him. Had Yorrick not told them specifically that he had been trapped, would they have overlooked the collapsed tunnel too? Would they have been heartbeats away, unaware that there was a survivor behind the wall of stone? Charlie didn’t want to think about if he hadn’t been found.

The next bit of news was troubling. A blight, infection… Charlie drew in a deep breath. The flood, and now this… Charlie shook his head as Basilisk said that the Armada might not be the best place for him. “The Armada is my home.” He told him, gaze shining with certainty. But before he could say more his gaze shifted towards one of the Armada’s members moving to Basilisk’s side. His expression softened. “I’m sorry for the trouble… for any worry I’ve caused you guys.” His blue gaze turned back to Bas.

“You’re going to need those who can hunt for the sick, to bring meat from somewhere outside the Armada if the blight is within our lands. Especially for you…” He nodded to Ignita. “I may not be at full strength yet, but I may be in better shape then some of our other members. Bas, let me help. Tell me what needs to be done.”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-09-2024, 02:28 PM

Basilisk turned slightly at the sound of steps. Catching sight of white and gold, he relaxed again. His attention returning to Charleton. He had dragged Ignita on most of his hunts for Charlie, what would she think of his sudden return? Charlatan was speaking again, pointing out the effects of the collapse. He nodded, wondering if that was exactly what had scattered the scent. They’d never know for sure.

“That’s… a good idea. You’d have more freedom and health to wander the lands near the Armada.” he agreed. They were struggling to keep everyone fed, but he didn’t say that outloud. “It might be best if you took up home in one of the caves on the beach for now. Try to keep yourself secluded as much as you can. The rest of us were eating tainted meat long before we realised it.”

"Basilisk"

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (120)

Master Intellectual (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

LegendaryPride - DemisexualWordy
08-09-2024, 09:25 PM

The ease with which Bas welcomed her into the meeting made her heart melt. As if she had always been there, a part of him as he was of her.

Charlie apologized for the trouble his disappearance had caused them and offered a particularly useful idea. She glanced up at Bas as he agreed on the plan! He wasn't usually this open in agreements! A good sign!

Ignita interjected warmly, "The blight is mainly located in the mile-high woods, so we've directed hunters to the peninsula at the cove, and northward. I would stick to the edges of Waterfall Peak and the Red Woods, just in case." She said drawing with a claw in the hard-packed dirt.

She looked up with a smile, "Oh, and Charlie, you are certainly worth the trouble and the worry. I'm sorry we couldn't find you, I'm just glad you made it back home." It was a relief to know that he hadn't been kidnapped, killed, joined forces with his sister, or felt like he couldn't come back for some reason. Bas held the Fatalis family closest to his heart, so she would too.

"Ignita"

[Image: xjgqzZS.png]
Basilisk may enter her threads without warning.

[Image: bU9k2tE.png]

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
08-18-2024, 05:21 PM

Charlie relaxed, giving a small smile as Bas told him his suggestion was a good idea. He didn’t know the full situation, but if the blight was spreading he could only imagine that the wolves of the Armada had been getting sick for some time… and that meant they had less able bodied fighters and hunters. Basilisk also mentioned having him denning on the beach, to separate himself for the most part from those already infected. Ignita also chimed in, telling him that the blight seemed to mostly be located in the mile-high woods. Hmm… the origin spot of the blight,m most likely. He gave a thoughtful nod at this.

“Being on the beach will give me access to the fishing nets as well. I can keep an eye on them for an additional source of food for the pack.” He smiled gently at the femme. “You looked for me, I could not ask for more than that. Now that I’m home I’m going to do what I can to help.” His gaze shifted back to Bas. “Is there anyone else who isn’t infected? Or not heavily infected? Someone who might be able to help bring down big game?” If not he was going to have to learn the ins and outs of fishing real quick. Could fish alone even sustain the pack…? Would he have to try and find others to hunt with him outside the Armada? Hmm…

"Speech," 'Thought.'